Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Demonizing an Angel *(Silvana | Areawin)

Silennia stood, hugging her arms against her chest. "Korina, can we talk?" It was a simple request, but her eyes stared hard. Not offering any other words toward her friend.

Korina looked at Raoul with slight confusion, but nodded to the ravenhaired girl. "Yeah, yeah of course. Um. You... wanna go out back?" She hung up her purse and pulled her jacket back on, already knowing the answer. It might be cold, but the plants outside were only dormant - they still brought the girls peace.

They both made their way to the kitchen, where the back door was located; Korina flipping on a switch to illuminate the garden outside. Small snow flurries began wisping around them, dancing, like mischevious angels trying to get their attention. Ginger hair was pinned up, kept in a fuzzy beanie that also covered Korina's ears. Silennia suddenly understood that glow everyone seemed to talk about.

Both sitting, close to each other, on a bench in front of some hibernating roses - the dark brown thorns still sharp to the touch. Silennia almost wanted to run her finger across them, but Korina grabbed her hand instead. "I have something to tell you," the ginger said after a while.

Silennia smiled, but it didn't reach her eyes. "Why did you never tell me about him?"

Korina played with her friend's fingers, taking a minute to think. "You were going through so much," she whispered, squeezing Silennia's hand. "You were... you were always in pain. Always... telling me how much you hurt." She looked up suddenly. "Not that I minded. I never did. Never, Silennia. But I didn't want to make it about me. I was sure you'd want to go out and meet him, get to know him, but I just... thought you should rest. Something was wrong with you, and we... weren't sure what."

"We? Who is we?" Silennia's voice held an accusatory tone. She tried to stand, but Korina pulled her down again.

"Your father and I talked about it. We were worried..."

"So you think that's an excuse, to not tell me you're pregnant? That you're with someone? We're practically sisters, Korina. If I can't count on you to be truthful with me..." She trailed off, obviously hurt. "Korina, do... do you know... anything about him?"

The ginger sighed loudly, obviously irritated. "I know that he isn't--" she stopped abruptly. "I don't know, Silennia. There's something about him that isn't..."

"Human?"

Korina narrowed her eyes. "You'd know about that, wouldn't you? I may not know exactly what he is, but I do love him, Silennia."

Raven hair flew around a bit in the wind, and she thought about Keiran, pinning down Shiori with her leg hitched around him. "He'd better treat you well," Silennia laughed softly. "I... should probably go home." She wrapped her arms around Korina, and they stayed embraced like that for a little while before the ginger shivered.

"Korina? It's cold out, you girls should come inside." Raoul's voice rang from the kitchen doorway.

After a few more minutes, Silennia was walking again. Watching carefully for patches of ice that had built up on the sidewalks, nearly slipping once - black wings flailing out suddenly to catch her. She quickly moved off to the side, but there was no need. No one walked this time of night, especially not in this weather. The flurries were getting worse, battering Silennia with snow, but she pushed on anyway. Rather here than the confines of a cab.

----------

A hand came from the side of Shiori, clicking a fancy-looking zippo at the end of her cigarette. "I'd surely appreciate it," Damien said, "if you took this outside." He placed a hand against the small of her back, firmly walking her out the door and off to the side near the alleyway. "What are you doing out here? I thought you'd have left by now."

He opened one side of his coat and pulled out a cigar, clipping the end and lighting it before offering it to Shiori. "Or would you miss your keepers too much?"

Black hues didn't really seem too surprised, sighing in slight irritation, stiffening slightly at Damien's touch, but she didn't refuse him, taking a long, slow drag on her cigarette as he lit it for her, black clashing against black as they slipped outside. Lifting a brow as he offered a cigar and smiled a little, dropping the cigarette out of her lips that she'd only taken a puff of, crushing it beneath her heel as she accepted it, contemplating his words as she laughed a little, "You're one to talk." She remarked, seeming to appreciate the cigar in a way that Mina hadn't- Taking a slow drag, the ember glowing brightly as she rolled the smoke around in her mouth- tasting it, savoring it. Letting it slide off the tip of her tongue, "I thought you would have tired of baby sitting Silennia by now."

Her 'keepers'? Oh, the nerve he had. In any other situation, she might have slapped him, but, she couldn't deny the truth in his words, whether she wanted to or not, stabbing him back in the same way he took a stab at her. If anything, they had more in common that she had previously thought about, "Attachment has a way of creeping in, does it not?" She mused, eyeing him, laughing, "Besides, have you ever traveled through reflections? Not the most reliable source of transportation. You tend to not know where you're at until you step out." Pushing a loose strand back behind her own ear, taking another appreciative puff on the cigar, faintly wondering what it was like to be able to afford something of such quality. Must be nice.

"Even if I ran, they'd find me eventually." It was a off-handed response, clearly a lot on her mind, between her growing jealousy that had been realized and her hate, emotions swirling within her that were clearly influence from her human host, "How'd you sense me?" It was a curious question, lifting a brow towards him, "Most demons don't seem to pick up on me until I make myself known..." She trailed off, "Then again, you tend to sit up high, don't you?"

Blowing smoke slowly, she shifted, flicking ashes from the tip of the cigar as she licked her lips, "Thanks... for this, I mean. The cigar. Very nice quality. My compliments. Hell of a lot better than those cheap ass cigarettes." Watching flakes of snow drifting down slowly, the chill in the air appealing to her, her breath drifting on the air.

"Only the finest for myself," retorted Damien, but he was smiling. Even with the snow and wind, there was a line outside of his club. Proof of the popularity it was gaining. Inside, a live band played; he could feel the bass pumping against his chest even from where they stood. He stood there, looking out at the street, for a few long minutes. Pondering over what Shiori had said. He didn't know of her powers before now, not the peculiarities of them.

"I've heard of mirror demons," he said quietly. Black eyes flashing. "Yet I swore they were wiped out hundreds of years ago." He gave her a pointed look, taking that cigar from her fingers and pulling some smoke into his mouth before handing it back. "There was a beautiful girl. Fierce." A long pause. "Absolutely... fierce." There was a bit of pride in his voice. "What was her name, though? Karma? Chamomil- no, that's a plant." Black stared into black. Daring. "Karmilla?"

------------------------

Silennia walked until she began noticing the ache in her feet - mostly numb from the cold, but still painful enough for her to want to stop. She looked around, not seeing much of anything, just having entered downtown about a mile back. There was a bar on the other side of the road, but all the other shops were closed at such a late hour. Directly to her right was ice cream. The weather probably wasn't good for business at the moment, anyway.

She squinted, looking both ways, but it was a bit difficult to see through the flurries. Only wearing a hooded sweatshirt, sweatpants and sneakers. She looked bulky since none of it hugged to her body, but that was for the better.

Inside it was too hot, and a large man was leaned over onto the bar, looking asleep. A woman was tending the bar, two man were at a pool table, and one was playing darts. She suddenly wished for lighter clothes, already feeling the sweat building along her temple from the sudden change in temperature. Roughly pulling up her hair into a bun, she ordered a mudslide, only to be told they didn't have the ingredients for it. "Just Jack, then."

"Ice?"

"And coke, please." Silennia watched as it was poured; a familiar presence approaching - hearing the door open, knowing who it was without having to look. She bit down on her lip, laughing quietly to herself at the irony of it.

Allowing him to take a puff of the cigar, she let loose a soft laugh, "The finest, indeed." Shiori's gaze was distant, seeming to enjoy the casual company with someone who didn't want to control her, or use her... Leaning her head back against the outside of the building, feeling the vibration of the music inside, though, as Damien began to speak, such distance faded. Her gaze meeting his as he began guessing names.
That name reaching her ears, and she couldn't help but be stunned. How many years had gone by since she'd heard that name? Decades? Hundreds of years? She'd lost track over time, still holding Damien's gaze as she smiled a little, "Karmilla Anala. The only child of Zayas Anala, leader. Demon slayer. Father, and mentor." The words danced, triumph shimmering in her gaze of one who had been victorious, a certain gleefulness filling her, "She single handily slaughtered her entire village on a cold, dark night." She chuckled, taking another drag of the cigar, "Or, that's how it seemed."

Closing those pitch black hues as she recalled the incident, "They thought they could use me too, after destroying my original body. Keeping a single heir of mine among them." As she spoke, a snow flake landed on her cheek, not even melting as it rested there when it should have melted, "A village hidden in the snow, far to the north, playing with things they had no business tampering with. They thought themselves above other humans... and that girl..." She trailed off, "So delicious... so young. Naive... the pride and joy of the entire village..."

Indeed. Great things had been expected of the girl. Boasting impressive kills of various demons- a feat that any human would be proud of. A strong, smart... able bodied human, she had been. Shiori not having forgotten the girl's spirit- no, though suppressed, it still lingered... lived on inside her, just dormant. Alseep within the body that Shiori wore, "She could track any demon she desired, naturally drawn to them... the descendant of a mirror demon, herself... they said." She mused, those eyes fluttering open as she met Damien's daring gaze, "I took her for my own. Whispered to her in her dreams... taunted her through the mirror, beckoning her, drawing her... until she willingly came to me. Until she let me in." Touching her own chest, that smile ever lingering, "We became one, and so we have remained. In the in end, she was still just a child, after all, just barely old enough for people to even entertain her as a adult. Despite her reputation. Despite the hopes her father had held for her..."

Shiori's gaze being one that had known many years. Though she had occupied this body for hundreds, she had lived even longer than that, roaming the earth for more years than she could remember. The desires of a shallow, self-obsessed woman who was vain and had poured her thoughts into a single mirror- having gave birth to the demon that now leaned back against the side of the club, drawing smoke from the cigar in her lips, laughing softly, "I killed every last one of them. Ripped her father's throat out with his own daughter's hands. His face was so hurt... so betrayed. I'd do it all over again, if I could." Dark words for someone who spoke so casually, enjoying herself.

"Though, that village was isolated, cut off from the other humans. How did you come by that name?"

------------------------------------------

Christ, it was cold. Keiran nearly crashing into the street when he had finally made his way back into the side, swearing that he could see ice trying to coat the outside of his wings, which folded back and faded against his back from view, snow flurries catching in his pale hair as he moved, headed for the nearest bar he could find, desperately wanting to get out of the cold, pushing the door open as he slipped inside, a very familiar aura greeting him as he entered.

Welcoming the heat the wrapped around him, warming his cheeks. Spying Silennia at the bar as he entered, appreciating the low-profile atmosphere this place provided, making his way to sit down beside her, being bold despite how they had parted, "Fancy meeting you here." He mused, ordering himself a glass, those golden hues flickering towards Silennia, "Still mad at me?"

While he should have been wary of her, he couldn't help it, enjoying being near her especially after such a long, cold flight. Shaking snow from his hair, shivering despite the heat, indicating that he had been out in the cold since she'd left him, more or less, taking a sip of the drink he'd ordered as it was slid over towards him- rum and coke with a slice of lime squeeze in by special request. The alcohol sending a warming sensation into his belly, spreading through him slowly as he sipped at the drink.

"I was a historian, of sorts," Damien sighed. The temperature seeming to drop by the minute, now. "I still have some of my old... resources. You'd be surprised what kind of information gets out, even from the tiniest of dens. Abigor's history, for example." He shifted slightly, feeling unsure if he should part this next information.

"His and... Leghadema's. Silennia's mother." Black eyes met Shiori's again. "There is always someone listening. Watching. In every corner of the world, in the deepest caves and highest peaks. Demons used to be much more invested in what was happening on this sad little marble. Now, we mostly have dick-measuring contests." A half-smile, but it was an accurate description. Demons used to be orderly; collected. Someone always served someone else.

These days, it was a different story. The more powerful ones had their own territories, much like Damien, but the weaker ones were everywhere. Proving that hell really was coming to earth, like so many scriptures claimed. And it was happening right under their noses. If only society realized just how accurate those lunatics were - the ones that raved in the middle of the street, talking about how God had abandoned them, demanding society repent before Lucifer himself rose up from the depths.

"That's something you'll do well to remember," he continued. "Someone's always watching." He flashed a quick smile. "If you don't mind, it's freezing out here, and I'd like to stay where it's a bit warmer." He motioned inside, not bothering to see if she'd join him - simply walking in, nodding to his bouncer. Taking a moment to listen to the band as he entered, slightly unimpressed. Though, after Mina's arrival... it was bound to look boring in comparison.

--------------------

Silennia sipped at her drink, using two tiny black straws to poke at the ice. She could feel the cold radiating from Keiran, and for half a second she almost reached out to him, but feigned adjustment on the stool instead, having caught herself. The sleeping drunk two spots away snorting in his sleep, causing her to make a disgusted face in his direction.

She didn't answer him at first, watching the bar tender make Keiran's drink. Placing the side of her face in her right hand, finally looking in his direction. "You should have told me." Her fingers played with her hair, accidentally pulling it from its bun - removing the hair tie altogether and letting it fall to one side. Sapphire searching his face, hoping to be able to read him.

"I've come to understand that..." She stirred her drink a bit more, looking at it for a moment before returning her gaze. "This obviously started out as another... adventure for you. I've also come to understand that it may not be so simple anymore." Her brow furrowed, drinking the rest of her glass and tapping it to get another one.

Silennia lowered her voice, leaning toward him enough so that her upper arm brushed against his. "Why didn't she kill you? Or Mina, for that matter? It looked like she certainly endeavored to." She took a lemon and squeezed it into her glass, watching the coke fizz up. That fire from earlier in the day having been cooled by the snow outside, it seemed.

"The archive." Her voice was knowing, having breathed the words out between a smoke filled sigh, laughing a little, "I knew I should have burned it to the ground." She mused, shaking her head, "But fire isn't my thing." The few people that had come in and out of the village had always been guests- not always human. While the village was filled with mostly human beings, many of them having traces of demonic blood somewhere in their line- it hadn't been uncommon for the occasional full blooded demon to wander in when allowed. Information, no matter the source, was something that was always collected and stored, whether from mouth, or from experience... and every book, lovingly hand-written and illustrated- some of them done so by Karmilla's own hand in her early years, had been stored away, intended for the next generation to learn from.

Had Shiori not wiped the place out, that small civilization would have grown into something most impressive, most likely. It had been unique, but... for personal reasons, she couldn't allow them to live. They simply knew too much- both about her, and many demons in question.

Laughing at Damien's comment about 'dick measuring contests', unable to help herself as her hand came up, covering her mouth for a moment as she recollected herself, almond shaped eyes filled with amusement at such a remark, quite aware how close to the truth he was on that one, "I'll be sure to keep note of that, though... I'm afraid such luxury as privacy was lost long ago for me."

Shiori accepting his invitation as she finished the cigar, stomping it out as she turned, catching up to him as she looped her arm into his rather unexpectedly.

---------------------------------------------

Tracing his fingertip against the bar top, Keiran smiled a little, "I really never had the right moment." He mused, "You never asked, and I'd... lost interest in her, shortly after meeting you." His eyes coming to meet those sapphire hues, "Our union was... never anything more than just a arrangment of convience. At least, for me." He'd never really thought about how Shiori might have felt about him. She'd just been a regular meal to him, and he'd taken advantage of it.

Nodding slowly at her next words, not denying them, smiling softly, "You... caught me by surprise." He admitted, taking another sip of his drink, "At first, you'd simply caught my eye... but then, well, you became more intriguing to me. Alarmingly so." Perhaps being brutally honest with her about it for the first time openly. Nearly wincing as Shiori was brought up into their conversation.

"I don't know." He remarked, honest, "Mina, she surely would have killed had I been any slower, but me... she could have easily pierced my heart." His voice low, not wishing to deal with anyone who might have been listening in to him, "Unless.... I underestimated her feelings. I never imagined that Shiori would turn on us so suddenly. She's always been loyal... quiet. Submissive-" He stopped himself at that, realizing how that could be taken- especially considering Silennia's new knowledge of Keiran's and Shiori's relationship with one another. Not wishing to fully paint the picture if he didn't need to.

Distaste crawled along Damien's flesh as Shiori looped her arm around his, but he didn't pull away from her. Walking up the eight steps onto the upper floor and settling in his known spot - clear view of the band, but shrouded in darkness. It was good for when solicitors of all kinds came knocking on his door. Easy to stay hidden if they came in searching for him.

He was quiet for a few minutes, looking at the demonness. "There's knowledge in history. There's also feelings we forgot we had." He wasn't referring to hate, rage, or even pain - but moreso the good memories. "There's strength in them that we can pull from, making us invincible." It was all he offered the girl, turning once more to watch the band.

-------------------------

Silennia blinked, shaking her head and smiling, though it wasn't out of pleasure. Mostly pure frustration. "You really know how to make a girl feel good about herself." She finished off that glass as well, this time ordering a sprite and vodka. It'd been a rough night, and she wasn't even sure how far away from home she was. Perhaps a ten minute drive. The bar they were located being about halfway between her apartment and Korina's house.

This was all new to her. She'd never had a truly meaningful relationship, and they were strange enough as it were without both parties being demons, especially since one half of the party didn't know what exactly she was to begin with. Silennia wanted to scream and throw something at him, but instead, she took a deep breath and adjusted her hair again. Sweat still forming across her skin, becoming rather uncomfortable with the sensation of it. Yet Keiran still radiated cold.

The passed out man nearby let out a loud snore, and Silennia turned suddenly, chucking her lemon wedge at his head so hard that it startled him awake.

"Alright, that's enough, get out of here, lady," the barkeeper said, glaring toward the couple. "Your drama doesn't belong here. Out."

Silennia's eyes began to darken, and the woman took a step back, her expression changing from hard to scared. The few other men within turned, witnessing the woman's terror, but it didn't matter - Silennia was out of her seat and out of the door, already walking. She didn't care enough for the moment whether or not Keiran followed her, but that fire had risen its ugly head once more. Sapphire hues now a deep purple, almost black. Keeping her head down against the biting wind.

She sensed his discomfort when she'd touched him, and though it was a bit disappointing, she didn't let that discourage her, going with him all the way up until he sat down, hearing those last few words as she sneered a little, "How corny." she remarked, turning, waving him off, "Thanks for the cigars." She mused, revealing several for a breif moment that at some point on the way up she'd snitched, not waiting for him to respond as abruptly, she slipped out of sight through the nearest reflection available, leaving behind a last laugh.

Taking his cigars in response to his obvious rejection, rather irritated by it. If she'd been Mina, she was sure it would have been a different story all together, not having missed how he'd flirted with the red head the first night they'd arrived- before he'd learned of Mina's lineage, at least, and had turned away in cowardice. If anything, the cigars she'd snitched would keep her occupied for a short while, rather fond of the occasional smoke.

------------------------------

Dammit. Another mistake.

"Would you rather me lie to you?" A frustrated retort, "Whether I lie, or tell the truth, you get angry with me." Snapping at her in a way that was unlike him, beginning to grow frustrated. Never before had he not known how to handle a woman. Silennia giving him whiplash in some sense, not even responding when she'd chucked a lemon wedge at the unsuspecting man.

Downing the rest of his drink in anger as he slammed it on the bar, not even apologizing to the woman who was more or less trying to kick them out, storming out after Silennia when she'd made her way out of the bar. No, he wouldn't let her run away from him this time. Catching up to her as he grabbed her wrist, "Silennia, Damn it, you can't keep running away every time you get mad!" Those golden hues brightening, almost glowing in the darkness. At this point not caring if they had to fight this out, unable to stand any longer this growing wedge between them.

Damien touched his pocket, his face turning sour when he realized that Shiori had indeed taken his cigars. And at nearly $6,000 for a box of 13...

He wasn't exactly thrilled. Standing up and reaching out toward the girl, but she was gone in an instant. "Bitch," he muttered, sitting back down in his booth. Fingers running up through his hair, as if to relax him, though it didn't help.

Wondering where she could possibly be going without her... superiors. Chuckling at the word, knowing if he'd said it out loud, it would have surely gotten another reaction from the woman.

-------------------

Silennia spun around when Keiran grabbed her wrist, yanking it out of his hand roughly. "I don't know what I want from you, Keiran," she snapped. "Do you know what you want from me?" So much rage had built inside of her, she wanted to explode. Black wings unfurling from her back as she came close enough to him that her chest was touching his. Hissing the words into his face.

Moderately difficult, since he was a full head taller than her. That rage turning into shadows that surrounded the both of them.

"You've lived with this your entire life," she spat. "You knew who you were and what you were. You were trained for it, before you even knew what you were being trained for. But me?" Her voice turned incredulous, scoffing. "This is all new." She took a step back, raising her hands and motioning around her. "All of this. A month ago, I was a hostess for a club with a shitty owner. Then I saw your stupid, stupid face."

And suddenly she was laughing. Her own statement was so childish that it caught her off guard, and suddenly those shadows were gone. Wings fell, touching the ground. She looked mostly defeated. Eyes glassing over with tears that she didn't want to shed - not in front of him, not for him.

Hell had done such a number on her... and she wondered then if she would ever recover from it. If Keiran would see her experience as nothing more than a bad excuse for her behavior. "And God damn me if I didn't want to drown in you."

She took another step back. The flurries were so bad now that she could hardly see Keiran's face, even though he was just a few feet from her.

Across the room, on the opposite side, a gleeful Shiori stepped out, blinking as she realized she was right back where she had started, cursing under her breath as she spotted Damien once more, "Damn it all!" Turning with a irritated growl as she vanished once more, dropping a single cigar in the process- the only one left for Damien to recover. The event almost humorous considering that Shiori's comment about her method of travel being unreliable-

Apparently, the demon not kidding.

--------------------------

"What the hell am I suppose to do with you if neither of us know what we want?" He'd snapped back quickly, his own wings flaring out in response, white bat-like wings clashing with black feathered ones, looking down on her as they fanned at the cold air, surely the sight being enough to frighten anyone sane out of their wits. The couple having their first argument. Their first fight.

"All of this," He threw his hands out, those wings moving with him out of reflex, motioning towards her, "What has happened to you-" He growled, "All of this would have happened whether I appeared or not! Don't act like what has happened is because of me!" Facts that he wasn't entirely sure of, but he could see no other reason. Abigor would have come for her either way, or she would have died and he would have started anew, most surely. Another demon would have tried to romance her... but would any of them have cared for her with the intensity that he did? Would they have tried to retrieve her? Or would she still be wandering in Abigor's hell wondering why her lover hadn't come for her?

"How many men do you know would go into HELL for you? Silennia, I've tried more for you than I have for anyone!" His words bursting from him with more intensity than he intended, a bit taken back when abruptly, there were tears in her eyes, having expected more anger from her rather than tears, Those wings sagging down to touch the ground in a defeated post that he knew all too well.

The snow fall thickening as it grew colder, white flakes gracing against his cheeks, collecting in Silennia's raven black hair, those golden hues softening as he reached for her when she'd stepped away, not caring if she tried to push him away or not, holding her tight as he didn't allow her such, dragging her into his arms and holding her tight against his chest as those pale wings wrapped around her, as if to sheild her from the cold, "Dammit Silennia- I love you. More than anyone."

Silennia fought against his embrace at first, beating against his chest. Once those wings wrapped around her, however, she slowly relaxed and leaned into him. Pressing her face into his chest.

Slender fingers formed into fists, beating against Keiran's chest as he began to pull her against him. "NO! Don't touch me! Don't--" Large wings enclosed her into the incubi's arms, pulling her close enough to him where she couldn't struggle as much. Tense at first, ready to strike at him, but slowly relaxing the longer he held her there. Finally closing her eyes and letting her forehead rest against his chest. Just starting to feel how cold it really was outside as the flurries got worse. A good two inches of snow already covering every surface it found.

How did she feel about Keiran? Right now, she wanted to hate him, but she didn't know why. The emotion just felt right. It felt better than being scared, or sad. She motly felt unsure about... everything. Why had she done so much work, fought so hard, if Abigor was just going to leave her alone now? What did he actually want from her, to begin with? She felt like something truly awful was coming, with her sire at the head of it all -- but she didn't have the slightest clue what that could be.

She stood there in Keiran's arms until her feet went numb with cold, and another half inch of snow added onto the ground. A cab hadn't driven by in a solid twenty minutes, but she was shivering now that the rage had spilled out of her. Slowly pulling away from his warmth to look at her phone, which showed the temperature at -2 degrees. The low was -12. A triangle with a white center, outlined in red, held a snowflake in it on the upper left corner of her screen - signaling a snowstorm for their area.

No wonder none of the cabbies were coming out. The visibility was also displayed, marked 3ft. Her fingers were so cold that the screen stopped recognizing her touch, and the display darkened to black. Only a few street lamps around them, too far away to make anything out but a yellow glow. "W-we need t-to get hom-me." Teeth chattering, but she turned toward where the wind was coming from - the way home. Too cold for either of them to fly, not that she really knew how. After a few minutes of walking, she couldn't feel her face, her ears, anything below her knees, or her hands, which were tucked into the front pocket of the Dolphins hoodie she wore. Shoulders bunched to try and protect herself from the cold, to no avail.

She felt a tingling sensation in her hand and pulled out her phone - INCOMING CALL - KORINA - but the phone didn't allow her freezing fingers to swipe in order to accept the call. She made a noise in frustration, stuffing the thing back into the pocket. Keeping as close to Keiran as she possibly could, their arms touching at all times as they moved.

By the time they reached the outer gates of the apartment, there was a foot of snow on the ground, and Silennia tried several times to punch in the code to the gate so they could go in. The fifth time finally took, and she used her shoulder to shove open the gate. It was agony going up the steps. Inserting key into lock was even more difficult, and after several tries of that, they were in the dark apartment. Silennia gasping at the heat, feeling snow beginning to melt in her hair after just a few seconds of being in with the door shut behind the both of them. Slowly bending her fingers, making faces as each one resisted.

He held her, tight, but not restrictively so. Just enough to keep her from lashing out at him. Standing there in the snow holding her, resting his cheek against the top of her head, those wings encasing her gently, white snow flakes piling up around the outside edges that rested against the ground, fluttering off the membrane as they drifted down from above. Keiran didn't speak, or move, didn't make any motion. A eerie silence having fallen over the city- only the occasional rumble of a car sounding as someone rushed to get home before the conditions worsened.

Finally letting her go as she looked at her phone, his wings fluttering as they shook snow off of them, sending a flurry of flakes swirling around him, Keiran's pale coloration making him nearly blend in with the thickening snow fall, wearing a white jacket with light-grey jeans. Folding wings back out of sight as he turned, staying at her side as they began walking. In this weather, flying would be dangerous- impractical.

At some point, his hand slipping into her's after they'd brushed each over several time, both their fingers so cold that there was barely any sensation at the touch. Shivering by time they reached the apartment, waiting on Silennia as she fumbled with the keypad to input the code. Shuffling in as finally she succeeded.

Welcoming the heat that washed over his cheeks as they entered, already stripping his jacket off, damp from rapidly melting snow, shaking more snow out of his hair. Walking into the kitchen as he turned the water on, sticking his hands into the water- ice cold at first, making him wince, but slowly as it warmed, he sighed, the heat feeling good against his numbed fingers.

When Silennia's fingers were able to bend without pain, she pulled off her clothes - wishing to be freed of the melting snow that had started soaking through. She went into the bedroom closet to grab some hangers, stringing up the clothing to dry a bit over the bathtub off the main bedroom.

As much as she wanted to turn up the heat, she knew it'd only make her uncomfortable later, so she left it alone. Opting to sit on the bed and wrap the blanket around herself, still shivering.

There was a basic-sized old school television a few feet away from the foot of the bed, and Silennia looked around for the remote before turning it on and flipping to the weather channel. A commercial was playing. She waited patiently, not really listening to anything the woman was saying - something about that In The Arms Of The Angels song, why are there so many sad puppies?

"Thank you for joining us this morning on Channel 44 News. As many of you have been experiencing, we're in for a heavy snowstorm tonight. Experts say we may have up to three feet of snow before sunrise in just a few hours. The storm is going til Saturday, where our own meteorologist Frederick says we may be up to eight feet of snow by that time. Fred?"

"Thanks Sheila. As you said, we're in for some pretty bad weather. I hope all of you got your provisions, as we may experience state wide power outages again this year due to damaging wind gusts and frozen lines..."

The man kept talking, but Silennia heard what she needed to, and tuned the rest out. They may be locked in here for three days. The power may go out. It did last year - and it was absolutely horrible. Silennia and her father slept in Korina's house since there was a generator there. It took almost a week for the grid to come alive again.

Then there was the issue of provisions...

Keiran may not need to eat actual food, but Silennia still did, and there was next to nothing in the house, last time she checked. She then remembered that someone seemed to restock the entire place, and stood up with the blanket still wrapped around her. Heading into the kitchen, where she abruptly opened the fridge to find it full.

"What... the fuck." The words were muttered. She closed the fridge and opened the freezer to find it in a similar state. Then the cupboards, then the pantry. As if someone knew they wouldn't be able to leave for a few days. Though there were enough rations here to last at least a month, by the looks of it.

Withdrawing his hands from the water when finally, there was a bit of sensation back in them, cutting the facet off as he dried his hands with a kitchen towel. The sounds from the TV drifting through the apartment from the bedroom. Listening in for a moment, frowning a little. With that kind of weather, it was likely they'd be stuck inside for... well, days. Several days. Still standing in the kitchen when Silennia came to investigate the cabinets. Lifting a brow as she seemed to be a bit stunned to find them completely stocked.

"What's the matter?" He questioned offhandedly, not really thinking much of it, aware of Abigor's and Damien's involvement in restocking the entire apartment with everything from furniture to food. At this point, he'd grown used to it, so now that Silennia had brought attention to it, he didn't see what the big deal was, running his fingers through slightly damp hair.

It wasn't as if he was interested in actual food, after all. Silennia being his new source for such- despite her anger with him. Realizing that he hadn't fed since they'd left Germany- how long had that been? He knew it couldn't have been no more than a week in his timeline- but Silennia had been yanked away into the hell plane and had gained at least two weeks on him.

Only a week? It felt more like a month with the amount of energy he had expended in his little quest to retrieve Silennia.

Leaning against the counter as he watched her, a bit baffled at her reaction as she checked every single corner of the kitchen where food would be stored, "Wouldn't a fully stocked kitchen be a desirable thing during a time like this?"

-----------------------------

The snow fall was quite heavy, violet hues locking onto a certain window outside of the hotel, flying up to it as her hands pressed against the glass, making a motion to slide it open, but abruptly, someone clicked the lock, the succubus scowling as violet met with crimson, "Let me in, Adriel. It's cold."

"Cold? Like your heart?" Adriel shook his head, almost seeming amused that Vermina was actually trying to convince him to let her in. Why bother? She could just kick the door in, or bust the window. Yet, here she was, looking like a medieval dark beauty that had walked right out of the past, hanging on the fire-escape balcony on the side of the building, black bat-like wings fanning at the air to help her keep her balance.

"Adrieeeeel~" she purred, "Please? We can't keep being like this forever. We used to have fun together, remember?" Pale slender fingers slid down the glass almost as if to pout, black painted lips stretching in a smile as Adriel sighed, unclasping the lock and sliding the window open- struggling at first as it seemed to have frozen shut, "Get your evil ass in here." He remarked, stepping back as he allowed her inside, Vermina turning as she shut the window behind her, black wings having vanished before she'd climbed in, unclasping the cloak she'd been wearing, covered in ice at this point, the succubus having been out there for quite some time now. Having followed Adriel after their earlier encounter. Black cloth pooling around her ankles, wearing a elegant black and gold dress beneath- contemplating if she should remove it as well, the edges of the skirt wet and caked in ice, but a wary glance from Adriel made her sigh in irritation, "I'm not here to... how do they say it now days... Oh, right, I'm not here to start shit with you, darling."

"That's a rather amusing thing to hear YOU say." Adriel kept his distance from her, pulling long red hair back, tying it back, stiffening a little when he felt familiar hands touch his from behind, "Allow me." Vermina taking over as slowly, she braided his hair back for him, a wisp of smoke wrapping around the end, a tie appearing in it's place. Vermina's power over those smoke-like shadows being quite extensive.

Leaning up slowly as she pressed her lips against his neck, her arms wrapping around him, "Could we... just for tonight, pretend like we don't hate one another?" Her voice a whisper, resting her cheek against his back, a bit taken back when he turned towards her, expecting him to be hostile, but, instead, his hands caught hold of her face, looking down at her, smirking a little, "Ah, but you're no good at pretending, remember?" He mused, leaning down slowly as his lips met hers, the pair locking in a hard kiss, Vermina's fingers toying with that red braid, laughing when Adriel pulled back, a smudge of black lip stick lingering on his lips, Vermina wiping it away with her thumb, the remnants of it vanishing in a black puff of smoke as she kissed him again, feeling his hands run down her back, gripping her backside in his hands, drawing a low moan from her.

Just, for this one time.

"It would be if it were under any other circumstances," she mumbled. Wasn't there a note, before, saying that the reason the apartment had been refurnished, was because it'd make it easier to rent out? She didn't bring up that tidbit, however. It wasn't necessary. "Isn't it just a bit strange that someone went through so much trouble to stock it up? It seems like something Damien would do, but... do you really think he's acting on his own?" She finally turned, a quizzical expression across her face.

The cold was finally beginning to seep out of her bones, still walking around with the blanket wrapped around her. Dragging it across the floor as she moved. As tired as she was, Silennia didn't want to sleep. Physically exhausted, yes, but mentally...

The entire time she'd been in her sire's domain, she'd been practically starved. It showed on her body beneath the blanket. Although she was hungry now, she wasn't sure if she could eat with so much coffee still in her belly from a few hours before. After some more rummaging, she decided toast would settle her enough to be able to lay down comfortably, and made it without speaking. The low whirr of warm air pumping through the vents being relaxing, taking her time to spread butter across the hot piece in her hands. Taking even longer to eat it.

She seemed like she was concentrating the entire time, and finally, she was warm enough to allow the blanket to sag around her shoulders. "Who do you think he's working for?" she asked, mouth slightly full after taking a bite. Her voice muffled a bit because of it. She swallowed. "Damien? Abigor wouldn't... tell him to do something like this. And I don't know if he'd just do it on his own."

Silennia sat at the small kitchen table. It was an easier topic to talk about than what had happened between them. Not returning his words due to the fact that she wasn't quite sure how she felt about Keiran. Yes, there were strong feelings she hadn't quite felt before - but a part of her felt as if they were wrong. As if that wedge was still shoved between them, but she didn't know what to do or say to take it out. Avoiding the subject as best she could - how could it be brought up if she wasn't even sure how she felt?

Did she love Keiran? It was possible she did, but so much of her was trying to push him away that she couldn't grasp onto it. Abigor's damage scarring deep into places she didn't know it could go. Staring at the wall, lost in the memories of what had happened to her. Hearing those voices over and over again in her head, the ones that she thought so many times belonged to her beloved incubus. Yet they weren't. Not until the end, when she was ready to end all of it and kill him.

It would be so much easier, she thought. To just... kill him. End all questions she had about him by simply erasing his existence altogether.

She blinked rapidly, coming back to the present. The horror not showing on her face at the thoughts swirling into her pretty little head. What the fuck is wrong with me?

A simple shrug came from Keiran, "Damien's been suspicious from the start." He remarked, "And if involved with anyone at all, I'd take a wild bet that it was to keep his own ass safe." Blunt words, the incubus sliding away from the counter, his head tilting a little to the side as a sly smirk crossed his lips. Sizing her up.

Changing the subject away from the two of them... did she really think he was that dense? She didn't trust him because she didn't know how she felt about him, was that it? Was that why she hadn't replied to his words? This hostility had to stop, one way or another. Still talking about Damien and Abigor. Eating a bagel... ignoring him completely, more or less as she babbled on about things that at this point weren't really important anymore.

She was eating a bagel and probably plotting his death.

Keiran couldn't let this keep going on like this. A part of him furious because of how much harder Abigor had made his pursuit of Silennia. Why use him against her? Make her despise him so? Frustrated didn't even come close to describing how he felt.

Coming to sit in a chair across from her, crossing his arms across his chest and eyeing her, "So, you have cabinets stuffed full of food, and you're just going to eat a bagel?" He lifted a brow, "And we're going to be snowed in for the next few days... and all you want to talk about is Damien, who is the boss you hate , might I mention, and MADE you do a second shift, coincidentally, the same night that we met each other? What the hell kind of shit boss does that? I've been alive for hundreds- Yes, HUNDREDS of years, and I haven't seen that shit since slavery was still a thing."

Leaning forwards towards her, "And here you sit, over a month later, wondering who he could be working for?"

Sapphire eyes looked at Keiran warily as he talked. Watching as he sat down and...

"Are you honestly giving me sass right now?" She smiled, setting down her food, but she looked down at her plate. "If you want to get really technical, he made me do a second shift that night because a coworker magically disappeared and hasn't been back since that night. Not that it's the first time it's happened..." She frowned. "The girls are so wary about him. And when all of this started happening, I thought he was helping. But maybe I was just... naive." She took another bite, watching crumbs fall and hit the plate.

"You honestly aren't curious? Who would help us - me - this much? Why would they do it, right after he put me through so much shit--" She cut herself off, looking away from Keiran and pulling the blanket more tightly around herself once more. Suddenly uncomfortable in the incubi's presence... realizing... where's Mina?

But something else seemed to shake her. "Keiran... why did you choose this place to play?" Something was off. There was no way any of it was a coincidence. She was beginning to understand that more and more, seemingly with each hour that passed. The more she thought about it, the more she realized someone's hand had dealt their cards. Between Abigor, and Damien, she wasn't sure who was the dealer.

What was abundantly clear, however, was that Silennia had passed Abigor's trials. Was surviving through this - surviving what he'd done to her, her image of Keiran - another test? It was dramatic, but possible. The prince had thousands of years to think about what kind of judgments he was going to place on his possible heir. A god to his own child.

"Why shouldn't I sass you?" A small smile tugged at the edge of his lips, a bit of charm there, resting his head against his hands, "How strange for women to just.... disappear around someone who just happens to be a demon?" Motioning to the air, "All you really have to do is connect the dots. Sure, Vampires were in this town too, but, for women close to Damien to suddenly disappear..." He tilted his head to the side slightly, gold darkening to amber, "Now, that's strange."

Laughing a little, "Question remains though, just what does he feed on? Why do the girls go missing? It's one thing to find a body, but for there to be no trace? What purpose would there be for that?" Seeming to enjoy this conversation that Keiran had begun to change into a guessing game, proposing more questions rather than answers.

Silennia abruptly asking him why he'd chose this place. Causing his to shake his head, laughing,

"Why? Because of you, of course." He motioned towards her, "If I had never met you, I would not be sitting here right now." Abruptly, he climbed across the table, coming face to face with her, "Ever since I've met you, I've found myself wonder WHY I was so drawn to a single beautiful human woman- but you...." He rocked back, moving off the table as he faced her, looking down on her as he stood, "You were never human from the start, you simply hadn't matured fully yet, was all, and I didn't sense it. I had no idea what I'd found when I laid eyes on you from across the room..." Turning away from her, Keiran smiled a little, "Don't you think it's odd that you and I sought each other out, and all we needed was to be brought into the same room? A room that a certain someone who could see to it that no matter what, you would be in that room, at that hour?"

Silennia was grinning when Keiran climbed onto the table, a real laugh sounding for the first time in... well, weeks, for her. She playfully smacked his side as he kept talking, but she was listening. Did he think she was that oblivious? She had already put the dots together, but she couldn't figure out why any of it was happening.

The way he was talking to her, though... a heat started climbing downwards from her belly. Her smile turning into a smirk. She wanted to tell him that she knew what he was doing... that it was working - but it was easier not to. Her finger snagging a pant loop, pulling him backwards toward her. "You looked like an angel in a suit," she laughed softly. "How desperately wrong I was." Wrong indeed.

She stood, wrapping her arms behind his neck - letting that blanket fall to the floor. It was warm enough that she didn't get a chill, and her body was pressed close to Keiran's. Leaning up to gently run her teeth along his throat before kissing him, her fingers wrapping into his hair. Any doubts about the incubus falling away as hunger pulled at her muscles, her bones.

Skillful hands came to caress her sides as her arms wrapped around his neck, Silennia's blanket pools about their feet, his neck arching gently beneath her teeth, a appreciative chuckle sounding from Keiran, meeting that kiss, pressing her back slightly against the table, those hands gripping her hips. Pulling away slightly, only to find himself going right back in for another, One of his legs moving between her's just slightly, lifting her up on his knee- a bit startled when the table slid slightly beneath the weight, but he held Silennia's body firm not dropping her despite the loss of support, managing to keep his balance as he brought her to the next nearest surface- the wall.

Pressing his lips against her throat, having to calm himself as eagerness nearly over swept him. Lusting for her attention, her touches. How could she doubt him the way she had? When he desired her so? Before he'd realized it, it became clear to him that he had been craving her. Pulling himself back slightly when it abruptly occurred to him that she was still rather weak from Abigor's trials, already slowly sapping at her energy unintentionally with each touch, "Silennia, we shouldn't-"

Dammit, he didn't want to stop, kissing her again without really thinking much about it. The faint protest being the closest he could come to warning her, but the idea of actually stopping was less than appealing to him, her scent intoxicating him, his fingers toying at the edges of his clothing, wanting to be rid of it. If he was careful- if he could keep his greed in check... she would be fine, he was sure. Silennia was strong within her own right, after all. Nipping at her playfully, spreading butterfly kisses across her skin.

Silennia hardly noticed them moving to the wall, pulling him against her as her leg wound around his waist. Lifting her head to give him greater access, moving as he did, heart fluttering. Feeling the pull of him, enjoying it. His warning ringing mute in her ears. She was exhausted, but the way he made her body ache... Well. She didn't mind.

Her hand was back in his hair, small gasps escaping her as he nipped along her skin. Fingers playing with the buttons on his shirt, pulling at them with an eagerness that she didn't know she'd had before. Running her hand against his chest once it was finally visible. She was glad that he didn't stop kissing her, and for a few seconds she thought he might pull away. Once he was drawn into her touch, it seemed like he couldn't escape it, however. All the better for her.

That familiar feeling crawling across her skin. And God damn me if I didn't want to drown in you. He was the only thing she wanted to see, feel, taste, touch. Pulling the button-up the rest of the way off of him and digging her nails into his shoulders, soft moans pulling form her chest at his harder bites. Her body pulsing, hot. Wanting every piece of him at once.

Such levels of attraction could be dangerous at times. His thoughts hazing over as he was lost in the moment, forgetting the warning he'd tried to give- the control he tried to keep. Something dark and primal stirring in him as her nails bit into his shoulders, lifting her up completely, bringing her legs to straddle him as he carried her. Heading for the bedroom.

Tossing her onto the bed as he jumped onto her with a playfulness, but that look in his eyes was overflowing with lust, leaning just above her as he leaned down, kissing at her neck as he slid down, teasing her, nipping at her smooth belly, before gracing it with his lips, smiling sly as he looked towards her, gazing up from her bare skin, locking gold onto sapphire. Arousal pressing hard against the fabric of his pants. Reaching without much through as he unfastened the belt.

Pressing his lips against her chest, savoring this moment as he slowed himself, removing that belt at a painfully slow pace as he continued, his free hand lightly pulling her closer if such was possible. So wrapped up in her that any sense to let her rest had long vanished, wanting nothing more than to consume her-

A thought that caught him off guard, almost scolding himself aloud, but he couldn't help himself, as if she was a source of addiction- and he, the addict. He couldn't stop- why would he?

She wanted more. Making it clear as her nails bit into him, smiling coyly as she got what she wanted - being picked up completely off against the wall, laughing as Keiran tossed her onto the bed. Curling her finger at him in a come hither motion. Feeling as if she were absolutely set on fire as he came to hover over her, seeing that hunger in his eyes. Energy slowly draining from her even at his softest kisses, his fingertips - but none of it mattered. To either of them, it seemed. While Keiran had given a warning, it seemed that neither cared.

Silennia arched her hips slightly, feeling the arousal between his clothing. Sapphire turning just a shade or two darker as he removed his belt, and she slid down slightly to deftly unbutton his pants. "These," she breathed, "need to go." Pulling the zipper down, but she wasn't at an appropriate angle to remove them from the incubus. She wrapped a leg around him once more, pulling him as close as she could as her lips hungrily pressed to Keiran's.

Something about his touch was already giving her a sense of ecstasy, and the soft noises coming from her proved such. Fingers pulling through silver hair until it spilled all around, tickling her belly. It only drove her need further, aching everywhere.

"Eager, eager..." His voice was soft, breathy, laughing at her attempt to remove his pants faster, as if he needed encouragement. Quick to agree with her on the matter as she pulled him down for another lust-filled kiss, working on getting rid of the pants that were still clinging to his body, somehow managing to push and kick them off, leaving him in just a single pair of boxers at this point, groaning at how she pressed up against him.

She was going to drive him mad at the rate, and instinct was already coming dangerously close to controlling his body. So many stimulants pushing him, each soft moan escaping Silennia only exciting him further, until he couldn't stand it any longer, ridding himself of that last article of clothing that separated them.

One of his hands running along the length of her leg, nails gently biting into that pale skin, positioning himself between those long slender legs, as if it was where he had always belonged, amber hues so dark with need that they'd nearly gone black as he breathed out, still that small thought lingering in the back of his head- you're being too greedy- you'll take too much-!

Yet, that thought never quite reached him, pushing himself inside of her as they became one, a low moan of satisfaction sounding, rocking his hips back, his fingers intertwining with hers as he grabbed hold of her hand, pressing it against the mattress beneath them.

Back
Top Bottom