Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Settle down now.. Please.. I know you wanna get at me.. Single file line please..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey everyone.. How are you? I'm pretty good.. Alright. I'm going to make this short and simple. I've been role-playing for a decently long time. At least long enough to remember the Yahoo Messenger RP chatrooms in their prime. Good times.

Just perusing the forums for the last couple of days have given me kind of an idea on how to do this.. Step one seems to be talking about yourself and trying to provide a hook.

Hook: Step right up! Do you desire to adventure?! Then look no further because I'm your man! Want to rape villages? Steal the women? And Plunder the horses? You've come to the right place!

I do tend to be a fan of looking on the lighter side of things.. So if you want something dark and dramatic, then I'm probably not the dude for you. I'll try, but no promises yo.

The next part seems to be laying down ground rules.

1-Post length: Don't care. I like to say I'm not much of a typer, but then sometimes that one partner comes in and gets me motivated to type a novella. As long as everything that needs to be said, gets said, I'm happy.

2-Venue: I'd prefer to do all of our roleplaying via PM. If you'd like to do it in threads then that's okay too. If you insist on using some sort of IM'ing service, then you better have a decent plot/hook/idea in mind, because I'd have to download shit.. And I don't wanna do that..

3-Posting frequency: For the time being I should have plenty of free time. I only work fifteen hours a week. I was attending college, but I had to drop out for the time being to get some shit in order.. Adult life is hard D: I should be able to post a few times a day however, so yeah. That's a plus.

4- I'm really only looking for female partners.. Sorry.

Next up, I'm pretty sure I'm supposed to insert different genres, settings, and possible character pairings here right?

Fan-based stuff.

I'm not entirely opposed to fan-based role plays. My only caveat is that I refuse to play a pre-existing character. So for instance I've been watching Samurai Champloo. I'm not huge into anime, but I was in a samurai kind of mood, and it was sitting in my recommended wheel on Netflix. I digress.. Let's say we're doing a Samurai Champloo based roleplay. I really wouldn't want to be Mugen or Jin.. I really like both those characters, but I don't want to be confined to their characters.. I might be able to pull it off well, but I probably wouldn't have fun doing it. Now if you'd like to a roleplay based in the Champloo universe, and I wouldn't at all be upset if you wanted to play as Ruu, but I'll stick to original characters.

One more thing that I'm opposed to, is the vampire genre.. I just don't like it. Sorry.

Most anything else, I'm 100% open to. Really.. Just ask..

Somethings I happen to really like however...

Sci-fi/space themed-
I'd love to play as a crew-member aboard some intergalactic vessel.. Be it a military vessel, where I'm your redshirt wearing engineer, or maybe a stolen ship, and I'm the captain of a gang of space-pirates! Total awesome sauce..

Medieval-fantasy-
I used to play a lot of Dungeons and Dragons, and sadly half of my group moved away two years ago, and I haven't gotten to play since. I do still rather enjoy this genre though. One idea I've never gotten to play out, is being the body guard to a restless princess, who is always getting herself caught up in random shenanigans, and I have to rescue her.

Modern/realistic-
I know this one is weird. Some people love it, and other hate it. I enjoy it myself. I know we have a whole world to explore, but if you'd like I'm more than happy with being your quirky neighbor, or that one cool guy who sits next to you in your Philosophy class. Also, weird, super-natural spins on this can sometimes be neat and fun.

That's really all I have. Like I said. I'm open for most ideas, so just shoot. Worst that can happen is that I say no right?

Thanks folks! Hope I find some fun partners.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom