Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Infinite Anarchy MAIN THREAD ((Dominion Wanted!))

To describe the feeling of passing through 'The Warp' was almost indescribable. The sudden feeling of your molecules and the molecules of the things around you tearing apart and being reconstructed in the correct order was something almost indescribable. The molecules in your body stopping, and then starting back up. The feeling was intense at first. Many people became nauseous, vomit, become woozy and light headed. As you go through it more times, you don't feel that anymore.

A slight dizziness but that was it. James had been through The Warp more times then he could count. James stood on the bridge of the "Vibria", a Terran cruiser. It was lightly armed and quick, the most suitable craft for a diplomatic mission. James was feeling out of place considering he was here as a bodyguard for Admiral Cortez, the man who was volunteered to be the Terran emissary. James knew the man only by reputation. He was a man of great respect, ran a very tight ship and didn't take excuses. He wasn't a ball buster but neither was he overly relaxed.

James sighed as the planet came into view. It wasn't a bad idea diplomatically speaking. It was area neither faction controlled, in fact the area was known as "The Slate Zone". It was an area of space that was governed by various small governments. Planet Helion. Diplomatically speaking it wasn't a bad idea, militarily it was terrible. Now they had 4 fronts to cover and worry about. They would be crushed if any side intended to have war. Perhaps that was why he was the muscle and not the mind at this meeting.

"Corporal Archer I presume?" said a gruff voice with a slightly Hispanic, behind him.

James looked to see he was looking onto the face of the Admiral himself. James stood up straight and saluted. "Corporal James Archer sir" he said holding the salute.

The Admiral saluted back. "At ease, Corporal" he said with a slightly less stern expression.

James relaxed, putting his hands behind his back and standing comfortably before the Admiral.

"I saw what you did on Tython Station during that Hostage Situation. Quickly, then out, and managed to save the hostages after putting down those terrorists, damn fine work son. Damn fine work" said the Admiral.

James grinned and nodded. "Thank you sir, just another day in the Helljumpers sir" he said.

The admiral grinned and chuckled. "Confident, just what you should be." he began. He cleared his throat and stiffened up. "Your going to have to stow that attitude when we're planet side son." said the Admiral a bit sternly.

James nodded and cleared his throat. "Of course sir, we need to make a good impression on the Terran Republic and it's people" said the soldier. The soldier followed behind the admiral as he lead the way towards the docking bay. Helion was down below, an unbroken color of grey. Some of it cities, some of it massive factories. All of it the unbroken cityscape. James didn't bother putting on the full body armor, just the light weight E.V.O suit so they could walk around on the outside of the planet.

As the shuttle took them towards the planet, James took his M909 pistol out of it's holster, checking the clip and making sure he was locked and loaded. He could feel the admiral's gaze on him as he ran through what he'd need, communicator, E.V.O suit, pistol. He didn't expect things to go to hell but James always found it was better to have a gun and not need it then to need a gun and not have it. James put the gun back in it's holster and watched as the shuttle soon landed on the landing platform below.

Pressing a button on his arm, the face mask came up, allowing him to breath in the thick smoky atmosphere. Already, he could feel the micro thin needles pierce his skin and circulate the blood properly, allowing the nanites to start working. James followed the admiral to the embassy. The building was very official, appeared just in his mind like it should. Tall hallways, red carpet, various statues here and there. James listened as the door behind them closed. As he heard the door closed, James pressed the button on his suit, bringing the mask down.

The admiral made his way towards the embassy room. "It appears we're the first ones here, I'm gonna wait in the embassy room, stand guard for me and make sure no one tries to sneak in and stab me in the back" said Cortez.

James saluted and waited obediently, the other emissaries would soon be arriving along with their guards, if they had any. The Solarians would more then likely have a bodyguard or two. The Dominion possibly but they were mostly warriors, they could handle themselves. The Novus didn't have need to send a guard, the moment a Novus was shot in the head, he was just given a new body and his consciousness was transferred. Such odd times they lived in. Odd times indeed.

((Since we have no one playing Dominion at the moment, I'll double up as both Dominion and Terran for now lol))

RE: Infinite Anarchy MAIN THREAD

byEveVentrue_zps1a61acdf-avatar_zps4a381e43.png

Name (Nickname): Sidra Hesperus.
Race: Human.
Faction: Solarian.
Attire: Long dark brown skirt, dark brown corset top with pink satin off-the-shoulder sleeves, brown boots, gold headpiece resembling the rays of the sun.
Weapon: None.
Location: On board 'The Apsis', Solarian Civilian Cruiser (start); The Embassy, Planet Helion (end)
Tagging: Anyone.
Time: TBD

'The Apsis', along with a myriad of other ships--most armed and ready for battle--orbited the steely gray ball that was better known as Planet Helion. Sidra Hesperus had never been on the planet herself, in fact, she'd never set foot anywhere that had a natural gravity pull of its own. The idea of doing so thrilled and excited and she wondered if she'd ever get the chance or find a way to talk someone into giving her the chance to do so. As it was, the opportunity didn't seem too likely, especially after her brother Samson had specifically told her she needed to stay put while the talks occurred planet side--her cheeks warmed as she recalled their argument. But, he figured she'd be needed in the infirmary after all was said and done, though the idea of that didn't set well with her at. Not when she knew her brother would be out in the thick of things, flying his ship amongst those of the Dominion.

A curl came over Sidra's lip at the thought of the Dominion. She loathed them with every fiber of her being. They were a murderous and greedy lot as far as she was concerned, no care or compassion in them for anyone or anything. She would dare say they weren't any better than the cold-hearted Novus! A shiver ran along her spine as she thought about them and the terror those people instilled in many. No. No, she couldn't sit idly by while her brother would be out there once again, not even to return once this mission was completed. Oh how she hated the times she lived in! It was so unfair! But to sit by and do nothing but wait for the potentially wounded to filter in...especially when one of them could be Samson? No. She couldn't do it. She wouldn't. Somehow, she had to find a way onto Planet Helion. At least then she could feel useful, occupy her mind and not dwell on the loss of her parents.

Her parents. Sidra didn't even want to think on that...

Heaving a sigh, Sidra raked a delicate hand through her thick auburn tresses, her pale eyes scanning her room as she tried to think of a way to get herself onto Planet Helion. She did have skills in the way of healing and first aid. Perhaps the emissary would feel more comfortable having someone nearby who could assist should something go wrong? Especially one who's assisted with wounded after many a battle. It was a thought. A farfetched one. Though the Hesperus family also had influence amongst the Solarians. They'd served the faction and its military well, her father--Marek--dying for them and now her older brother actively serving. It was a thought, a hopeful thought and the only one she could see as her possible means of escape in order to feel the true pull of gravity beneath her tiny feet.

Smiling, her lips full and pouty, Sidra stood up and smoothed out her long dark skirt and decided to make her way to where the emissary would be briefed before transport to Planet Helion. It didn't take her long to find the older woman. She stood tall and proud, flanked by two large men--bodyguard.

"Good day," Sidra stated to the Solarian emissary, curtsying out of respect. Upon standing back up, she gave a nod of acknowledgment to both bodyguards and then to the military official who seemed to have been speaking with the woman before her untimely arrival.

"Miss Hesperus," the man in uniform said, his dark eyes glancing at the 'H' inking Sidra's left shoulder. "Samson's sister," he muttered under his breath.

Sidra nodded, a tiny smile playing on her lips. "Yes. I came to see if I could assist the emissary on her mission to Planet Helion."

The officer immediately held up his hand in protest, his eyes narrowing as he took a step forward. But the emissary held up her own hand, making it clear she wished to hear Sidra speak. "I wish to hear what the girl has to say," the woman said.

"Very well," the officer said gruffly, his grizzled voice causing Sidra to recoil slightly.

"I apologize for my sudden outburst. I just wish to help and be useful to the faction," Sidra stated plainly, her smile broadening. She licked at her lips while her hands clenched at her skirts, the fabric cool and wispy to the touch. "Typically, I assist in the infirmary aboard 'The Apsis'," she continued. "But, my skill may prove useful should something happen below, planet side." She bit down on her lip, her teeth scraping it slightly before resuming. "I've aided many after battles. Should something go wrong, I could be of great value to the emissary, help her survive during those precious seconds on the way back to 'The Apsis'."

Sidra's look was one of pleading as she looked to the emissary and then to the officer. The man wasn't convinced, but the woman smiled warmly, her hand reaching out to cup Sidra's cheek gently causing her to blush slightly. "I like her and the idea. It would be nice to have some company on such a trip and to know that said company could aid me if I become the target of an attack." Her pale eyes studied Sidra. "I accept," she said.

Immediately, Sidra's face lit up, her hands releasing her skirt as she moved them to clasp them firmly together. "Thank you!" she exclaimed. "I won't let you down!"

Sidra couldn't believe her luck. Had it truly been that easy? Was she really going to go planet side for the first time in her 30 years? It was a thrilling, yet dangerous, dream. Samson would berate her for this stunt. But, she hardly cared. She'd deal with that later. For now, she had to get ready to go to Planet Helion. Still smiling, she followed the emissary as she began to walk to the docking area where her transport was being prepped and readied for her. All too soon they'd be walking on firm ground, breathing real air, moving with true gravity!

Once planet side, Sidra stayed close to the emissary and her two bodyguards. Remaining on board the transport wasn't an option, all passengers had to exit the ship and file into the embassy that loomed in front of them all. She swallowed hard at the sight of the building. Never once had she seen anything like it, her entire life having been spent on board ships and vessels. It was strange walking on the ground, breathing the air... she coughed once as her lungs adjusted, her knees feeling wobbly while she tried to glide gracefully along the walkway leading into the embassy itself. Her one hand reached up and began to twist itself up in stray locks of auburn, her eyes gazing upward as she took in the sight of real sky.

It was wondrous.

Upon reaching the entrance, Sidra's heart began to race. What now? Oh, this had been a mistake! There would be Dominion here! And Novus! She could feel chills running along her spine as her skin broke out into goose bumps, her breaths coming short as a wave of panic tried to consume her. But the emissary placed a gentle hand on her back and offered her a smile. It was a kind gesture and Sidra was grateful for it. Finding her resolve, she held her head up high and entered the embassy with all the dignity of a Solarian.

Name (Nickname): N-02-117 (Dracken)
Race: Novus.
Faction: Novus
Attire: Large grey black body standing at about 7 feet tall
Weapon: Wrist blade and 'Ark' rail gun, both hidden in the body
Location: On board 'The Infinity; (start); The Embassy, Planet Helion (end)

N-02-117, code named Dracken for this mission, stood in a charge and holding station on the cruiser "Infinity." It had been a long trip from Novus to get here and hopefully worth the expense of coming here. This unit, like so many others, didn't see the need for this meeting. The Novus had no need of allies, the humans were all inferior. All humans hated the Novus anyway, so why bother with these talks. The Novus didn't desire war, like the Dominion. No, they only fought when they were attacked.

Once the planet was in view of the Novus's "eyes" N-02-117 detached from the station and made his way to the drop ship so he could get to the planet. It was a small ship, built for 3 Novus but only one needed to fly, unlike many human ships. N-02-117 latched into the command station and flew the ship to the surface. While this unit wasn't programed with the skills necessary to fly the ship, a different Novus somewhere else guided him through the process. The Novus where never truly alone.

Soon after landing in a designated spot, N-02-117 Pulled out of the station and walked out of the ship. He ignored all the Humans on the way to the Embassy. The unit also just walked through all the security measures. Most of them metal detectors that he set off after dunking through them. The unit just turned off his "ears" as they all wailed their breech alert and were quickly turned off by the guards.

Reaching the negotiating room, N-02-117 walked into the room rather quickly, and observed the happenings to this unit doing so. Most of the body guards pulled their weapons on instinct, and some dignitaries just looked this units way in a flash of fear. If this unit could show emotion, it would probably have laughed, but this unit had no such capabilities. Seeing an empty corner, N-02-117 walked to and waited there for the talks to being. This was going to be a long day, all the Novus would be quiet to listen to the talks once they started sot that this unit could speak for all of them.

There was something rather intimidating about a Dominion Destroyer. Though it was one of the smaller ships in the fleet, it was still massive in size. The very ship blocked out the suns light. The ship was 5,500 meters in length. It was absolutely massive. The sheer fact such a thing could go through the warp and come out the other side unharmed was an act of god if there ever was one. The Dominion weren't going to appear weak before the other factions. The ship was ready for a fight and the Dominion had no intention of backing down. On the bridge of the monstrous ship was Lord Gaius Boeri. The man stood at a massive 8 feet tall. He was a wall of muscle and scars. As the ship appeared before Helion, Gaius moved for the hanger, his guards following close behind. Each stood at 7.8 feet tall, both nothing but muscle and carrying rather large swords. While they were primitive weapons, they were effective at cleaving a godless machine in half, a sneaky Terran, or a weak Solarian.

Gaius's fur cloak hood hung off his shoulders, flowing like a ghost. He sat quietly as the Grendel landed on the surface of Helion. He made his way off the ship with his guards behind him. He moved with large strides, his footsteps heavy, like rolling thunder. He moved for the embassy. Why should he deal with the bantering of these insects? He desired to continue conquering Solarian space. He looked at the little Terran that stood guard at the door. "Insect" he grumbled under his voice.

Gaius stepped into the embassy room. Before him stood a plethora of faces.....or in the Novus's case, plastic. The man with the scar on his eye seemed to be a military man. Someone he could respect.

"Ah, Lord Gaius, it seems the emissaries are all here and we can begin this meeting" said the man.

Gaius frowned, the man towering over most of the people other then the godless machine. "Let's get this over with. I have neither the time nor the patience to deal with you people" he growled. He didn't sit in one of the chairs, mostly for the sheer fact he was to large. Dominion soldiers were grown to be monsters, large in size and full of power, not necessarily the swiftest or the smartest.

Admiral Cortez rolled his eyes at the brute's demeanor. "While I don't agree with Gaius's tone or his wording, I agree we should take a seat and parlay" he said with a gruff tone.

Gaius flared his nostrils. A man who went straight to business. Respectable, even if the man was an insect in strength and size. Gaius looked to the Solarian woman. "I do believe that something is wrong, I see no reason for a Solarian bitch to be in a man's place" growled the man. Clearly he was a big ball of sunshine and daisies.

Location: The Embassy, Planet Helion Tagging: Everyone with emphasis on

N-02-117 is also standing, still in the corner. His almost pure metal body would break the chairs easily. Hearing the out breaks of the Dominion emissary. The Novus all speak as one through this unit, the true might oblivious in the multivoice. "Keep to the directive of this meeting. Any more outburst and you will be eliminated." The Novus didn't care if that sparked war. This unit was stronger then most other Novus units and could easily take the entire room if necessary. This unit then resumed his cold silence in the corner. If anyway wanted to deal with the Novus, they could turn towards them. The Novus were quiet again.

Attire: Long dark brown skirt, dark brown corset top with pink satin off-the-shoulder sleeves, brown boots, gold headpiece resembling the rays of the sun.

The pull of the gravity felt strange as Sidra shifted her body back and forth from foot to foot. A few times, she felt a flutter deep in the pit of her tummy, a rush of nerves as the adrenaline coursed through her veins. Or was that just the anxiety over the meeting that was about to embark? She tugged on a lock of auburn as it cascaded over a bare shoulder, the color contrasting starkly against her porcelain-pale skin, as her steely eyes wandered and took in the sights of the grand room she and the Solarian emissary stood in. They definitely were no longer aboard 'The Apsis'. The definitely were no longer aboard any ship. They were on Helion... solid ground.

Sidra swallowed, but tried to hold her head up--trying her best to resist the urge to avert her eyes--as everyone started to gather. They looked so fearsome, so angry. How were they to discuss anything if they all bore expressions of hatred? It was baffling! But then, she glanced over at the Dominion, that seething hatred of her own bubbling up. Her blood heated as she thought on her parents, her father. Both were gone forever. Her eyes prickled slightly, tears just beginning to well as the memory swirled in her mind. No. No, she wouldn't let these bastards or any of these so-called emissaries get the better of her. She would thrive, be proud of her family, her faction and all that they'd managed to accomplish and still would!

Just then, Sidra felt a gentle hand upon her back--the Solarian emissary--and she smiled. Turning her head, her eyes glimpsed the older woman whose face looked worn, tired. No doubt she longed for peace, an end to the rising tension between them all.

"Th-" Sidra began to mumble, but her words were cut off as a Dominion man, brutish and fierce stormed over and shouted his insults at her faction's emissary. Her own eyes went wide, but the Solarian emissary just sighed, her face complacent as she looked up at the large man whose words had dripped venom.

Before anyone had a chance to say more, the silence was broken and a chill unlike anything Sidra had ever felt before ran down along her spine. It was like pins and needles pricking at her flesh--a warning--telling her to be mindful, watchful, on alert. She swallowed hard, her blue eyes locking onto the Novus who emerged from the shadows to speak, his words chilling with their cold and calculated precision of their conciseness. The Novus. She loathed them almost as much as the Dominion, but at least they hadn't taken her parents away... As the Novus stepped forward, she took a step back, the strange gravity--or was it fear?--caused her knees to wobble and she stumbled just slightly. The emissary reached for Sidra's arm, keeping her balanced and upright.

Sidra's eyes fixed upon the Novus as he spoke, her teeth biting down upon her lower lip until she tasted the tang of blood upon her tongue. Trembling, her hand gripped her skirts, knuckles going white, but she refused to avert her gaze. No. They would not get the better of her. None of them would.

The emissary just smiled, her head tilting slightly, "Calista Eagan," she said nodding at the others who'd gathered. "And this is Sidra Hesperus," she added gesturing at Sidra. The Solarian emissary didn't bother introducing her bodyguards. "Now, with the pleasantries out of the way, perhaps we can get to the point of this meeting." The woman eyed the Dominion emissary who'd insulted her, her gaze swiftly shifting to the Novus who'd just spoken so plainly. Again, Sidra shivered, her hand moving from her skirt to the arm of her faction's hope for peace. The older woman noticed Sidra's fear, her hand reaching for hers and linking it with her arm. "May we be escorted to the conference room and perhaps be shown to some seats?" she asked.

Sidra just stayed silent as the emissary tried to talk to these 'people', her eyes shifting between the Dominion and Novus emissaries. As much as she didn't want to admit it... they frightened her. And, as much as she didn't want to admit it, she feared that her skills would be put to use before the meeting's end.

Admiral Cortez looked to the massive Dominion emissary. The man was clearly here as a message. The Dominion was intent on a fight, if they were attacked, they would crush them if that's what it came too. He was much different compared to the brute. He wasn't looking to fight, he was looking to keep things peaceful. As the machine spoke, he smiled a bit and looked to the brute. "I couldn't be in more agreement with the Novus, we are here to conduct peace, not start an intergalactic war that'll harm everyone involved" said the Admiral. He looked to the Solarian emissary as she introduced herself. "Greetings, I'm Admiral David Cortez" he said with a slight bow.

He listened as she asked if they could move to the conference room. "Of course,please follow me" he said. He looked to Archer and nodded.

James nodded and followed along side the Admiral. He moved along the hallway towards the conference room. It was large and oval. The table was oval as well and had an area at the center that was open for people step in the middle of. Behind the seats was a large curved window, giving an amazing view of the city. James made his way to the walls farthest away from the other emissaries but close enough to Cortez that he could jump and help.

The Admiral took a seat and motioned to the other seats for the others to take a seat, other then the Dominion lord and the Novus drone. The Admiral sighed and looked to the others. "Now, as I'm sure your all aware, things have been very tense between our factions in the past few years. I feel I'm not the only one who wish to avoid war as best as we can" he said.

Lord Gaius scoffed. "I know not what you mean, I don't feel like things are tense. Territory not in use is territory to be conquered" he growled.

The Admiral glared at the Dominion lord. "Don't be a fool Gaius, you know as well as I do that the Dominion can't handle a war on three fronts. Just as the Terran Republic can't handle a war on her 3 fronts either. If we wish to continue life as is, I feel it's in everyone's interests if we find some kind of common ground to work on" he said in a gruff tone. The man had a tone that commanded respect, a tone that made even the ox ponder this.

Tagging: Everyone

N-02-117 Just followed everyone to the new room, then found a new corner. This unit wasn't going to be doing a lot of talking unless it was requested. He needed a very good reason to come out of this corner now that the room for the talks had been decided. He listened to the going ons silently. He kept both hands behind his back, the place where his weapon was stored should the Dominion warlord wish a fight. The others were here to obtain peace. That much was certain, but this man and the faction he represented wanted nothing but war and fighting.

Name (Nickname): Ayana Vos
Attire: Solarian Dress Uniform: Deep red high-collared jacket trimmed with gold, Dark Brown pants, muted red-brown dress shoes.
Weapon: Currently Unarmed

The tension was palpable, harsh words already passing between emissaries. If it weren't that part of her duty in this was amongst those emissaries Ayana likely would not have been paying attention to the unfolding meeting at all. Though she went out of her way to feel it as often as she could, solid ground was still a novelty to the pilot and she was enjoying the sense of weight that came with planetary gravity, the feel of being held by the force of the ground beneath her.

Shifting from one foot to the other and looking back at the cluster of diplomats Ayana saw the Novus emerge, her hand going unconsciously to her shoulder strap before she remembered that her rifle was stowed in the dropship cockpit, far from her reach. The Novus seemed almost designed to intimidate considering how easily they did so and even the knowledge that this meeting was a diplomatic one did little to stop their inhumanity from being unnerving to the pilot. She sighed and began to walk, momentary though the distraction of the Novus' appearance had been, it was enough to pull her attention to the fact that the group was beginning to move.

Why didn't I just stay on the dropship again? It wasn't her job to guard the Ambassadress, that was the job of the two marines in her retinue accompanying her down the hall. Ayana's job was to fly, get Ambassador Eagan to the ground, get her back to 'The Apsis', simple enough assignment until violence was to be factored in.

Noticing the group turning into a conference room ahead of her Ayana hurried her footsteps, sneaking through the door just before it closed and making her way over to where the Solarian entourage stood against one wall behind Callista, scowling as she found herself standing right next to the pair of marines assigned as the ambassdress' bodyguards.

Just focus on the ground beneath your feet, it's why you signed up for this after all. Not particularly listening to the opening statements of the not-yet-negotiations the pilot tried to do just that, pausing only to glare at the side of the Solarian marine's helmet occasionally as she played the game of attempt to relax without seeming to leave her at-attention stance, an exercise she had never quite perfected but one that the meeting would likely give her plenty of time to practice.

Assuming someone doesn't punch someone else in the next few minutes... She thought privately, Or shoot them... At least we aren't the only ones who seem to want peace. Ayana noted as the Terran Admiral rebuked the Dominion Emissary. She wasn't sure she could imagine a peaceful galaxy but at least some factions seemed willing to try for such a thing.

Though only down a short corridor, the trek to the conference room seemed an eternity. Each step that Sidra took, she could feel the unsteady pull of gravity, the force pulling strangely at her tiny body as she held onto the emissary for support--both literally and figuratively. Her tummy was rolling with nervous flutters as her skin prickled with the tension she felt rising between all those who were present. And then there was the sight of that room. Oh that conference room... The moment her feet stepped through the entrance way, she could feel the heavy oppressive weight of the air as it struck at her chest. Almost instantly, it became difficult to breathe. It was unnerving, embarrassing the fear she felt writhing inside, roiling through her blood as it tried to bubble up to the surface in one massive eruption of tears and gasps. But no. No, she wouldn't let these 'people' best her.

Sidra held tightly to the Solarian emissary's arm, her only means of staying 'grounded' as she glanced about the Spartan room. It's elliptical curves made her dizzy as she looked at them, an illusion that made her head spin as she tried to manage against the gravitational pull she still wasn't accustomed to traipsing upon. Over and over again, she reminded herself that she was helping her faction by being where she was. She was being useful, honoring her family and the memory of her parents. But what would Samson say? Oh, she knew very well what he'd say, but that hardly mattered now as she took her seat in the cold chair provided for those in attendance for these so-called 'talks'.

Swallowing hard, Sidra cast a steely glance at all those present. So many strange faces and, no doubt, none of them wanting the true peace the Solarians wished to gain. A pang of hatred washed over her as she looked over at the Dominions, their smug faces and the barbaric way in which they bullied more than present in their demeanor. They didn't want peace. They had respect for no one. Stifling a sudden sob that tried to work its way up, she cleared her throat and glanced over at the Novus. He was silent, a moving wraith of organic and mechanic parts that made her blood go cold. Quickly looking away, she saw the Terrans, her thoughts wondering what sort of plan they had in mind. None of them, no not one, could be trusted.

Emissary Calista sat down, her face a picture of serene calm as she took her seat. She nodded at Ayana as she took her place against the wall. The woman was one of the Solarian's best pilots and she was glad to have her on this mission just as she was glad to have Sidra sitting next to her now. It was just a pity that they had to be gathered together under such circumstances when it was clear that so many wanted to flex muscle as opposed to see reason.

"The Solarians have always wished to avoid war, Admiral," Calista spoke plainly. "But we will not sit idly by when attacked. We must defend ourselves." She heaved a heavy and exasperated sigh. Sitting back in her chair, her cool blonde hair fell in front of her face. "Whatever happened to co-existence?" she continued, her voice soft, a whisper. Pursing her lips, she sat upright and cleared her throat. "To conquer is to bully," she said, turning to glare at the Dominion emissary, her words sharp, clipped. "We will not play the role of victim, but we would like to come to some sort of agreement that satisfies all."

Sidra couldn't help but stare at the Dominions as the Solarian emissary spoke, her blood growing colder by the second. Shivering, she felt her thoughts turning black with dread. No. This was not going to end well.

The Admiral looked to Emissary Calista as she spoke. She was a strong woman and he could see it in her eyes. It was an admirable trait and it would be a good way to reflect the Solarian people. The Terrans and the Solarians have lived together for some time. They were neither allies nor enemies, they did not seek to upset the balance that currently was and did not see any reason to go to war with them without rightful cause. The Admiral was astonished that the Terran Senate would even risk losing that balance by entering their systems without their permission. While the Solarian ground forces weren't strong, that didn't give them the right to just go where they pleased.

Gaius snorted at the woman's comment that conquering was bullying. "And what of our ancient ancestors? Face it, conquering is in our blood. We see land we want and we take it" he growled. The man was itching to fight but was just holding it back. "Who are you to govern our dealings?" he said with an accusing point to the Solarian.

The Admiral put his fist into the table hard and fast, creating a loud thud as he stood up. "This is NOT the war room Gaius, you will leave your blood thirsty nature on your ship or you will leave on it!" he said in a tone that silenced the ox. The Admiral took a breath and ran a hand through his well groomed hair. "We have not come here to discuss war and accuse anyone of what they may or may not have did, the past is just that, leave it there. We harbor no ill will towards the Novus, nor the Solarians, nor the Dominion. We have come here to discuss terms of peace and that is what we will do" he said with a respectful and calm tone. The man was clearly not wishing to start war, that was certain.

Gaius let out an angry huff but clearly yielded. The man was no diplomat, he was a leader but not a diplomat, such things were left to intellectuals and weaklings, not soldiers and conquerors. His creed was blood and glory, not peace and harmony.

The Admiral now looked to the Solarian diplomat. "Now.......Ambassador Calista, as I'm sure your people and mine are aware we have been putting our nose where it doesn't belong in your people's territory. The Terran Senate wish to no what your people's requests to be seen through?" asked the Terran emissary.

James had to grin to himself at how well the man was handling the entire situation. If the man's career in the military ever went under, he had a rather bright future ahead for politics. Perhaps James would be the same.

Attire: Solarian Dress Uniform: Deep red high-collared jacket trimmed with gold, Dark Brown pants, muted red-brown dress shoes.

Again Ayana found her hand at her shoulder, running her fingers over the rough fabric of her dress uniform coat nervously, wishing that she could have her weapon. Intellectually she knew it would make the situation worse rather than better to actually do so but that didn't make the thought of that small measure of power any less comforting to imagine or any more comforting not to possess.

The lines seemed to have drawn themselves quite clearly between the Dominion, the Novus, and the Terran and Solarians, War, Silent Neutrality, and Peace respectively. Why would the Dominion send him to this? She was no diplomat but Gaius' overt warmongering struck her as odd. That man is a warrior, pure and simple, you don't send that sort anywhere unless you plan to start a fight. Ayana bit the inside of her cheek nervously as she stared at the hulking Dominion Lord standing across the table. If the Dominion wants to start a fight here... She had tensed visibly now, watching him expectantly, forcing her hand slowly back to her side as an afterthought though she could not very well keep herself from balling it into a fist.

What is he going to do?

Sidra felt an incredible weight bearing down upon her as everyone argued. She had no idea how the Solarian emissary could remain so calm, her face not showing the slightest hint of fear as she listened to the harsh words spilling out of that brute of a Dominion's mouth. She wondered why the Dominion even bothered attending this meeting when all they wanted to do was lord over everyone and prove themselves to be the strongest, the only ones willing to take merely because they could. Honestly, they'd left their humanity behind... Dominion of Man. More like Dominion of Nothing! Frowning, she reached an arm about herself, her slender fingers tracing the 'H' that marked her alabaster flesh. They knew the symbol by heart, the length of each stroke, each swirling arc of the script.

"At least someone is willing to talk reason, Admiral," Calista spoke, her blue eyes shifting toward the Dominion for a brief moment as if in silent challenge. But Sidra knew the older woman was no fighter. She was trying to prove a point, though unfortunately the barbarian more than likely wouldn't care. He had his eye on territory, on squashing those who were weaker when it came to battle and strength. Little did they know that the Solarians still possessed the greatest weapon yet--the power of the sun, an understanding of the stars by which they traveled. Looking back at the Admiral, Calista smiled. "I'm sure negotiations can be reached as we are a fair and reasonable faction, willing to work with our fellow men."

Sidra glanced over at the Novus in that moment. Just what did that make them? Her fingers traced the 'H' a bit more furiously as she began to chew on her lower lip, the urge to stand up and run out of the room for fresh air becoming suddenly overwhelming.

"Perhaps Solarian and Terran can find a way to work together, side by side. No doubt there are things we could do to aid you just as you could for us. Our fleet is vastly powerful and your ground troops... unrivaled. Yes, an alliance would benefit us both." Calista looked over at the Dominion emissary as he loomed above, causing an ominous shadow to form around both Calista and Sidra. "Though we demand the Dominion cease their attacks and leave us in peace. We do not wish any more blood shed in our territory. Any more attacks and we will be forced to take severe action." There was a pause, her breath catching before she composed herself to speak once more. "And we do not wish to resort to such tactics. But be warned that should our way of life be threatened, our people killed... we will retaliate."

Sidra shivered as she heard the cold words drip from the Solarian woman's mouth. It was the first time she saw anger in her face, a fierce flash of menace in her weary eyes. But for as quickly as it came, it was soon gone. However, the lingering chill remained in Sidra's bones, deep and dark as she wrapped her arms about her middle, her skin breaking out into goose bumps. What would happen now? She feared the inevitable... grave loss, so much blood. As she looked over at the Dominions, their expressions still filled with hate, she thought on her parents and how it was their fault they were gone.

N-02-117 Listen do the going on. Hearing a perspective alliance against the Dominion, The Novus begin to demand that N-02-117 speak up and join in. The Novus unit steps back out of the shadows, using a heavy metallic foot fall getting everyone's attention and making some of the guards jump. Using just his voice this time, N-02-117 speaks. "The Novus are willing to join this alliance if war is sparked between the alliance and the Dominion. With our technology joined with your ships and ground troops, peace can be reestablished quickly. If this alliance is not formed however, the Novus simply wish to be left alone. Any move into our space and you will receive one warning. Dominion ships will not receive this warning." This unit remains standing in view after finishing, knowing that this unit will be asked to speak again. This unit just stands there waiting for the response.

The Admiral looked to the Solarian as she spoke. An alliance between the Solarian's and the Terran's against the Dominion. He listened as she demanded that the Dominion stop taking territory and stop trying to intimidate them. The Admiral then looked to the Novus as he stepped forth and spoke, say that they would join this alliance. Should the Solarian's or the Terran's enter Novus space, the Novus would give them a warning, but if the Dominion entered they would fire on sight.

Lord Gaius growled at this and began stepping forward when James unholstered his pistol and took aim. The Admiral raised his hand towards James and Gaius.

"Put your gun away James and back off Gaius! No one is declaring war. If you know what's good for you then you will stop and back off before you start a war" he growled.

Gaius was ready to protest but he knew better. It was a fight he just couldn't win. "You call us war mongers and then you go and make an alliance against us? Who is the war monger now?!" he barked.

Cortez's expression loosened a bit. The man was right. "I'm sorry, while I believe the Terran's would benefit greatly from joining such an alliance, I don't believe it's quite the answer. I believe we must all have an alliance with one another, providing something to each other to go towards a common good. The Novus have their science, the Solarian's their navy, the Dominion their ground forces, and us our factories......" he said gently.

"I believe common ground could be found if we all agree to help one another out. Our factories will prosper if the Novus are willing to provide some insight into their research. We can provide protection for the Solarian's with our ground forces" he said. The Admiral had a plan, one that wasn't completed yet. He needed to make it so that neither side had an unfair advantage. If one faction attacked another it had to be that the other sides would intervene, make war too devastating for any side to handle

Ayana jumped as the Novus emerged from the shadows again, having completely forgotten his presence, she watched, nervousness mounting as the drone pledged to the alliance as well. What now... What is going to happen?! The tensions were reaching a peak, the flash of metal from the Terran's hand prompted her to duck as his pistol came up. Wait, the Terran? The Terran pulled a gun? The marines were raising their own rifles nervously and the Dominion Lord was practically screaming at them at this point.

Warmonger warmonger make me a warmonger... The pilot couldn't help but giggle nervously at the rhyme, the standoff steadily escalating before her. Slowly, cautiously, Ayana rose to her feet, tension in her stance as she took in the tableau, glancing from the Ambassadress to the door and back again. I knew I should have stayed on the ship... I'm no good piloting if I don't make it out of this room alive...

Sidra's heart skipped a beat as her breath hitched causing an audible gasp to pass over her lips. To hide the tiny sound, she shifted in her seat next to the Solarian emissary and raised a hand to her cover her mouth. Her pale eyes had gone wide and she could feel her blood boiling as a seething hatred washed over her making her entire body run warm. Hot. She looked over at the Dominion emissary as he threw more insults toward her faction. War mongers indeed! Just what did he expect? They'd been taking and killing for so long, it was high time someone stood up to them! Perhaps the sting of more than one faction was too much for even them...

The heat crept up to Sidra's cheeks as she flashed a glare of hatred toward the Dominions who sat so smugly across the way. As terrifying as they were, they didn't seem to have the upper hand now. Now that they'd been called out not just by her own faction's emissary, but by all! It made things all the more interesting when their barbaric brute of emissary had to resort to the only tactic left--including name-calling the Solarians, of course--which was playing the victim.

But Sidra knew the truth. The only victims were her people and if the Dominions weren't stopped, they'd continue to be in that role and it would mean Samson would remain in imminent danger. Frowning, she began to tug on a lock of auburn that fell over her shoulders. There would be no reasoning with the bullying Dominion, not ever. But then, when did bullies ever see reason? They didn't. They couldn't.

Could they?

Sidra wasn't sure they could. She'd never seen any Dominion ever show any glimmer of compassion. They were self serving, greedy conquerors. They'd stop at nothing until nothing was left. But, what then... what then...?

Shivering, Sidra glanced over at Calista, her eyes shining as she saw the older woman sigh with frustration. "No need for weapons," she said softly, smiling at the Terran man who stood by the Admiral. "No more blood needs to be spilled." The woman closed her eyes for a moment longer than she needed to.

Sidra looked over at the Novus, then the Terran with the gun and back at the woman beside her.

Calista's blue eyes fluttered open and she took a deep breath. "The problem, Admiral, and I will speak plainly, is that so much of the Solarians has been taken and brutalized by the Dominions that we would be hard pressed to trust them." She paused a moment. "We want to find a common ground. But at this time, we cannot trust them to be in our space." The woman licked her lips and swallowed hard, her eyes glancing over at Ayana as a glint of fear shone in her eyes as she spoke. "Perhaps over time, this can change," she added, her voice wavering for the first time. "I'd like to see that change."

Sidra looked over at the Dominion emissary knowing full well that Calista's words wouldn't set well. But, what could anyone expect? They were human, they were being attacked.

"As far as the Dominions are concerned," Calista continued. "The Solarians want to be left alone. We will not interfere with them and we demand the same in return. If an alliance is the only way to ensure that we'll be left alone... so be it."

Fingers tracing her tattoo with one hand and the other hand playing with the ends of her reddish hair, Sidra's eyes clamped shut for a moment and then opened. The air had suddenly gotten so heavy, the chair so very uncomfortable. Her steely eyes suddenly found themselves searching for the nearest exit as fear and worry prickled all over her skin causing her to feel on edge, her body shifting as she glanced over the faces of everyone about the room. No. This wasn't going to end well.

N-02-117 listened to the Admirals plan for the all alliance plan. While the Solarian spoke, the Novus all discussed and come up with a suitable compromise. This unit then waited for everyone to stop talking before speaking up again. "We will only advise factories efficiency and augmentation with our technology if a Novus stands at least 2nd in command over watching the floor operation. This or nothing." This unit then steps back into the shadows, waiting for the next time this unit was needed to talk.

The admiral listened as the Solarian spoke, making it clear that things are unstable between them and the Dominion. The admiral sighed and nodded. "I understand Ambassador, that is why you will have the Terran military to act as protection. Perhaps you and the Dominion can begin a relationship by sharing some information on your navies" he said. The admiral looked to Gaius. "Would such an agreement allow the Dominion to leave the Solarian's in peace?" he asked.

Lord Gaius snorted a bit but his expression eased up a bit....if it were even possible. "IF such an agreement were to be made, the Dominion would back away and leave the Solarian's be. But ONLY for this agreement" said the ox.

The admiral looked to the Novus as it spoke, saying that only such an agreement would work if the Novus were granted a 2nd in command status in these factories. "Of course. In exchange, we will also give you and the Dominion access to some of our factories" he said.

Lord Gaius thought for a moment and nodded. "The Dominion would agree to these terms" said the man.

The admiral's plan was working. While they would not attain true peace today, they could obtain some kind of arrangement that made war almost impossible. Should one faction attack another, the other two would be obligated to aid the attacked faction. Not only that but it paved the way for much more peaceful existence. No one was stronger then anyone else, and no one was weaker. It was a mutually beneficial agreement. But only if everyone agreed to the terms of the agreements.

Slow breath in, slow breath out, Is it... Done? Weapons were being lowered, the Dominion was acquiescing. It's not peace, but it won't end in blood either... Ayana straightened slightly, standing at attention again with a relieved sigh. For a moment there she had really thought the Terran would fire-.

The pilot shook her head, she really didn't want to think about what might have happened after that.

Sidra watched the banter, her mind spinning as she took it all in. She had to wonder if the Solarian woman sitting next to her trusted what the Dominion stated, his face changing colors as he seemed to fume over the fact that others were dictating his role in this entire affair. It was clear the barbarian didn't like it and, if she was honest, the way his eyes seemed to shift, the way his words dripped from his mouth like he was spitting the worst kind of poison in their very direction, more than gave it away. No. She certainly did not trust the brute and, if she didn't, she hardly expected the emissary to either.

"Would you now?" Calista then mumbled, her voice soft, a lilting melody as she shifted to lean forward against the table. "Though I wonder how quickly you'd suddenly disagree if you realized that the only way we'd share any information with the likes of you would be for at least two Solarians to be present on board each Dominion naval ship." The woman paused, her blue eyes flashing a hard stare at the Dominion emissary. "We need to ensure our safety, after all, and that your ships do not breach the agreement and enter our space without permission ever again." She cleared her throat, her eyes shifting to the Admiral. "If any of our people die on a Dominion vessel it'll be considered an act of war and we will act immediately. No questions."

Sidra bit down on her lower lip, her thoughts drifting at the thought of full blown war. The very idea of it terrified her. She'd already lost her parents and a war would definitely endanger her brother and more than likely rip him away from her forever. Just then, she shivered noticeably, her skin breaking out into goose bumps. Suddenly, she felt so very cold and longed for something warm to wrap around her tiny body. Tugging on an auburn tendril, she eyed the Dominion emissary coolly, her steely eyes glistening as fear gripped her heart. Would the Dominion agree to these new terms? Would anyone?

The admiral looked to Calista as she spoke, stating that she wanted at least two Solarians to be aboard every Dominion ship. He listened as she stated they needed to ensure the Solarian safety. He listened as she said she had to ensure that the Dominion respect their end of the bargain. He sighed as she said that if any of her people die aboard a Dominion vessel it would be considered an act of war which would be acted on immediately. The admiral found the agreement acceptable, but what he found acceptable and what Lord Gaius thought acceptable were two different things.

Lord Gaius growled, clearly he was going to protest.

"Know that the Terran's will consider this an act of war as well and we will retaliate in force and that if you don't accept the Solarian's terms that you will not have access to our factories" he said.

Lord Gaius growled. "The Dominion will abide by these terms" he said begrudgingly.

The admiral sighed, resting his head down. ""Then it is settled, the Terran's will provide the Novus and the Dominion access to our factories, the Novus will provide us some of their scientific findings as long as they can oversee our doings, the Solarians will have protection from the Terran's, and the Dominion will keep their distance if the Solarian's share information with the Dominion" he said.

The admiral stood, offering his hand to shake Calista's hand, his face light and clearly relieved they had made peace. With a quick zing, the expression was gone as he backed up and looked to his chest, a red stain appearing in his chest. Then his skull exploded, spraying blood and bits of skull across the room.

James watched in horror as the man he'd been tasked with keeping alive, died. The headless corpse fell forward as Lord Gaius rose to protest in outrage, his head blowing out from the side. The ox's body fell as two quick shots came, impacting with Calista's head and the Novus' head. James jumped to the ground in instinct as the window came apart, shots ringing out finally.

Ayana relaxed, the moment of greatest tension had come and gone. The Dominion was acquiescing, the Novus had made no move but to aid them despite her fears, the Terran admiral had Callista's hand in his to seal their peace.

Rise... Fall... Rise... As she would replay the scene later in her mind it would slow down as they shook hands, time seeming to stretch in the single second between relief and chaos. At the moment however, the pilot's instincts took over the second the shot rang out. Had her head been in the shooter's sights she would have been dead before she had even processed the report of the rifle but as she felt the jolt as she arrested her fall with her palms, the droplets of what she knew must be blood striking her back, she knew that she was alive.

Up, get up, get out. Even from the floor Ayana could see four bullets had found their marks. No... Five... The crumpled chest of the Terran admiral staining his shirt red with blood told her that much. "Run..." She tried to shout, finding what came out to be little more than a breathy whisper. Her own Rifle would only hold one more shot, Whoever was shooting must be low or empty. Gathering a deep breath the pilot's voice sounded clearly through the chaos.

"RUN!"

Before the word had even left her mouth she was heading for the door, grasping desperately at the handle and yanking it open, giving it a kick to widen the gap as she dove into the hallway, eyes frantically scanning left and right for threats before she set herself running for the embassy's entrance, desperate to keep ahead of the crowd, to keep from being trampled.

N-02-117 along with the rest of the Novus watch this moment in history making success. The Novus didn't gain much from this agreement other than their own ability to be left alone, but the Novus only wished that. The tension in the room released and all the humans relaxed in their chairs. It was a historic moment indeed.

Then came the shots. The Admiral fell first, a clean shot through the chest, followed by the overkill head shot. Then went the Dominion emissary, another clean shot to the head. This was a professional but not a Novus. That much all the Novus were certain, no one was thinking for the calculations. For once in their existence, all the Novus, androids and Units alike watched in surprise as the Solarian died next. The last bullet seemed to be saved for N-02-117, the last shot to the head, and the one mistake the sniper had made.

While the head was important, holding all communication for the unit both back to the Novus and to the Humans out side, along with the other sensors for all the human senses, It wasn't the most damage you could do to a unit, the Main CPU resting in the middle of the chest, next to the power source. Whether it was just the Human's "luck" or the darkness this unit resided in, N-02-117 survived the shot with it only hitting the back of this units head, but at a great cost. This unit couldn't talk to anything. This unit was truly alone. This unit was scared for the first time in his hundreds of years.

N-02-117 is thrown to the ground by the shot, but this unit was quick to get back up and pulled his weapon from his back. The Humans ran, but this unit would fight back. This units eyes still worked and that's all he needed. N-02-117 did his best to calculate where the shots came from and fired back in that direction.

One moment Sidra was watching everyone with bated breath, the next all hell broke loose. Everything happened in slow motion as one by one the emissaries seemed to fall, blood splattering everywhere, soaking the pristine room in sick shades of crimson. She watched the dark bloom spread over the Admiral's chest before his head erupted in one massive explosion, the Dominion barbarian in all his gruff demeanor following close behind. Bits of skull and brain plastered against those stark white walls, a painting emanating the result of what occurred that day.

Chaos. Nothing, but chaos!

As horror began to course through Sidra's veins, she pushed away from the table, her tiny body shaking with fear as she frantically began to search out where the shots were coming from. Briefly, her eyes found those of Ayana's, her fellow Solarian, but in all the chaos the pilot had moved causing her to worry all the more. Before she knew it, the woman she'd begun to grow fond of and admire slumped over, her body crumpling forward over the table as a spray of blood painted the wall behind her. A shriek left Sidra's mouth, her hand moving to cover it.

What was this? What was going on? Immediately, her eyes shifted then to the Novus, his almost entirely synthetic body seemingly shut down for the moment as it flickered and sputtered, clearly hindered and unable to function. It had been struck too! By whom and for what purpose? Who wouldn't want peace? Sidra could only guess... Dominions, more than likely! She saw how reluctant their emissary had been to the terms set by Calista Eagan! Damn them! Damn them all! Her face grew hot as the fear and hatred coursed through her veins at the nightmare unfolding before her. There was no saving those representing the factions, they were beyond help. Dead. But...

Sidra, already away from the table and moving toward the exit, saw the Novus starting to move again out of the corner of her eye. But, how? She had no time to really think on it. They were strange beings, frightening, evading death unlike true humans. Did they truly have no soul of their own? Shivering at the passing thought, pale eyes pricking with tears as the chaos ensued, she turned her attention back toward the door, determined to get out and survive. Her legs felt shaky and wobbly, still unused to the strange gravity of the planet as she darted toward the exit. It was like a beacon of hope as it beckoned her toward safety. Though really, what dangers waited out in the open?

As Sidra continued toward the door, the gravity making her dizzy as she moved on unsteady feet, she stumbled and tripped and landed hard against the floor with a crashing thud. Wincing, she rolled onto her side and rubbed at her wrist. Fortunately, it wasn't broken, merely bruised. Brushing her auburn hair out of her face, she attempted to scramble back up to her feet, but her legs felt heavy. No. No, she wouldn't let the strange sensation of the gravity get to her. Not now. Not when danger was imminent and life was on the line. Trying once more, she stumbled again and as she fell, she heard another shot fire and ricochet off of something behind her causing her to let out a scream.

Back
Top Bottom