Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Blue Moon Comics Presents: Heroes of the New Age!

Redking6

Star
In my never ending search of Roleplaying systems both new and old, I have stumbled across one that is a shockingly amazing blend of narrative and descriptive based play, while at the same time having a decent amount of mechanical force to be suitably interesting. The game in question is called Prowlers & Paragons, and just as the title implies, it is indeed a superhero game.

I love superheroes, I love Roleplaying games, so it should come as no surprise that I would like superhero Roleplaying games. The system itself is exceptionally easy to learn/understand, but has a captivating amount of depth to it. And then it hit me... A game that is mainly narrative and detail oriented might just be a great sort of game for play by post. So since that idea sprung into my fiendish little head, I figured I would send this out into the ether and see if anyone else would be interested.

The game would take place in modern times, as a new wave of superheroes have started to reappear in a world that has not seen one since the early sixties. These new heroes becoming new champions of the streets, the nation, and quite possibly the universe.

I tend to be very modern, or I should really be saying post-modern, slanted when it comes to supers games, but on the same time I also thrive on a certain amount of zaniness from the bygone Silver and Gold ages of the comics. However, deeper looks into characters and more involved stories that are more akin to comics as they are today tends to be my focal point.

I'm looking for at least two, up to a max of four or five individuals that are willing to go on a little series of episodic, though loosely tied superheroic adventures with me using this great system. For players that are interested, the main rules of actually playing the game are all located in the QuickStart rules, and we can work together to come up with your heroes before we all play.

Is anyone else interested in a little superheroic action?

If you wouldn't mind me as a player, I'm interested. I have no idea where the rules would be, unless a quick search of Google would reveal them though.

I would be more than happy to have you as a player. The essential rules to play the game can easy be found in the QuickStart guide which is free, all you need to do is go to prowlers and paragons dot com to check out where you can get them. If not directly from that website.

For character creation, I figured I would go over that with you and any other interested player through PM's to get to know the concepts you want to have, and what you would like to play. From there I can actually work you through the process of character creation from start to finish. Then you can post your character sheet, and we can see who else is interested.

So if you have a character idea already to go, feel free to PM me and we can start as soon as you would like.

I'm not really opposed to kinky plots necessarilly.I think that would best be left to the full group to determine if those elements should be included. So I fully leave that up for discussion. Though I do wonder the best ways to handle it for the genre as a whole, though that's more of a question of how to include those elements.

some of my favourite superhero (i use the term loosely) comics are things such as wanted, watchmen or anything written by Garth Ennis, so those are kinda kinky to begin with. If it doesn't fit the setting though, that's fine

I would be interested in this as well, however I would also prefer the allowance of kinky plots. :)

nanachan said:
some of my favourite superhero (i use the term loosely) comics are things such as wanted, watchmen or anything written by Garth Ennis, so those are kinda kinky to begin with. If it doesn't fit the setting though, that's fine

While those are all interesting examples of deeper and more controversial looks at he genre of superheroes though I would personally argue that Wanted is much more a look at Supervillains than actual superheroes, they really aren't what I'm going for here. The focus of the game is on a much more traditional, I.E Heroic, universe and characters.

Essentially if it can happen in a mainstream Avengers Comic, a Mainstream Justice League Comic, The Avengers movie, etc, etc, etc. than it is possible to be done here. But anything that cannot is really outside the realm of possibility for this game.

Anyone who is still interested go ahead and take a look at the Prwolers and Paragons QuickStart rules, and then PM me some character ideas.

yeah, wanted is perhaps too extreme an opposite. How about a darker kind of marvel superhero, like Thunderbolts or (my favourite avenger team) Dark Avengers?

Well, that fully depends on what period of the Thunderbolts you are referring to: if you mean when the Thunderbolts first formed and several of them said that they wanted to be good guys now, and actually started to try to be become good guys, then that is absolutely something I am willing to include.

If its the Thunderbolts from and after Civil war, where they are essentially Supervillains who are just manipulated by technology for a "good purpose", than I'm probably going to have to say no to that one.

The Dark Avengers gets into an interesting grey area, however The Dark Avengers are really not where I want this to go. If a character was modeled on the actual characters there that is fine, the only difference would be that they are actually superheroes, and act superheroic all the time.

Perhaps those who want a 'sex plot' to this genre should take cues from Black Cat, Catwoman, and any other Super Heroines who took to hunting their interests. I mainly remember Black Cat, being a Spider-man fan. That said, you could try tracking down the heroes your characters want, and flirting with them, and perhaps try to find their secret identity. Then, you can persuade them that a relationship of some kind is the best way to keep you quiet.

Course, Black Cat wanted Spider-Man, not Peter Parker. Depending on the continuity, it is amusing that Felicia spurned or ignored Peter before she was Black Cat, even after he became Spider-Man.

I was actually just going to suggest that, though Xavier managed to beat me to it. The genre doesn't really work well for overly intense non-consensual kink. To be fair, some stories have done, and done it successfully, but once again I bring us back to the fact that if it can happen in a mainstream comic book, or comic book movie it will be more likely to be plausible in this game.

I should also probably talk a little bit about the setting as well:

The main setting of our little game shall be a fictional city in the Midwest known as: Blue Port City, which is better known as "Blue Moon city" by most of the inhabitants due to a strange unknown event that happened to the area during the revolutionary war before the city itself was founded. The story lacks many concrete details, however what is known is that this strange occurane caused the moon to appear to have a slight blue tint whenever the fog rolls into the city.

The city itself is around the size (very roughly, and possibly just a tad smaller) of Cleavland,Ohio. There are four major "districts" of the city: The Shepherd District, also known as the "The Back Alley", the Silver Dustrict, where much of the cities non-import/export business resides as well as most of its governmental buildings and services, The Grand Park district, which is home to more of the upper crust, and suburban development of the city. And then, there is the Docks district, which is one of the largest importing and exporting trade hubs in the Midwest. Few people live within the docks area, but because ship based trade is the cities main source of revenue it is considered a district all too itself.

Blue Port hasn't seen superheroic, or Supervillain, activity since the early 1960's when the Nation's premiere hero: Trinity mysteriously dissapered in 1961. Though Trinity was not a Native of Blue Port, several other smaller heroes that have also dissapered or retired were from the area. So many in fact that many individuals talked about the possability of a superhero resurgence, and that resurgence would happen within the Blue Port area.

Along with Blue Port, there are several other cities that may (or may not), see some activity:

Horizon City: an interesting city on the East coast that is very much a bastion of triumphant success by day; and a cruel, foreboding harbinger of the wicked at night.

Cathedral City: a city in the American Southwest that is desperately attempting to modernize. Though its name implies a Christian/Cathoic slant, it is in reality a city of many faiths, most of which are embraced by the populace at large. At one point Cathedral city was home to the Hero: The Angel, but reports state he has long since passed on.

Daybreak City: The almost decadent West Coast city that never seems to quit, or be down for too long. The city has changed its image numerous times over the years, but the city also hides just as many shadows as the light can uncover.

Back
Top Bottom