Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Rapture Academy: Mechanically sound erotic roleplay

That Other Guy

Planetoid
Anyone feel like gamemastering a Rapture Academy campaign? I for one would very much like to try and play it. It's an erotic roleplaying d6 based system with actual mechanics for sex. I think it would work well for a game with a large playerbase roleplaying freely. I'm not experienced enough to make it myself though.

I would certainly be interested in playing something like this, but I'm not experienced enough to GM it either.

Hm, doesn't seem like there's a whole lot of interest in this. I'm quite into the system though, it's too bad I guess.

Supposedly this is even playable without a GM, however that will make it harder for everyone to get exactly what they want. :)

Well...what kind of character do y'all want to play with the system, in any case? While none of us can GM, perhaps we can build characters and just play off each other in a couple of different scenes, just to see how the system actually works.

Well this site doesn't have a dice roller so I thought it would work the best over a IM program like Teamspeak.
I've tried out the system and made a couple characters. It works quite well. This is a character i converted from another game of mine, a 17 year old female aspiring journalist.

Character Name: Anya Johnson

Orientation: straight

House: Pietas

Virtue: 3, Desire: 3

Allure: 4, Gossip: 4, Manipulative: 4, Sweet Talk: 4, Vamp/Pose: 2

Force: 2, Athletics: 1 (Running), Endure: 3, Restrain: 2, Size: 2

Study: 4, Investigate: 6, Machines: 1, Occult: 3, Subject: 4 (Journalism)

Threat: 2, Chastise: 3, Dirty Talk: 2, Influence: 2, Wealth: 1

Elusive: 4, Sneak: 4, Infiltrate: 4, Subterfuge: 4, Slip Away: 2

Fetishes:
+Proud
+Compliance
+Oral
-Rape

Merits:
Connections
Authority: Prefect
Looks Great in Uniform
Approachable
Fraternity
Unprickifiable

Flaws:
Achilles Heel: Blackmail
Phobia: Tentacles

Figure:
Short freckled rehead

Equipment:
Camera, Tape Recorder.

Making Characters is fun, so I tried my hand at it as well.

Michaela below is the type of girl who can easily turn the tables even on tentacle monsters and demons. A 16 year old German exchange student orphaned at an early age she has learned to fight for herself and taken it to quite the extreme. She currently holds a national Martial Arts title [too much over the top?].

Deep down, however, she longs for letting down her guard once in a while. She feels most attracted to men that are the physical opposite of her, old and out of shape, and she has fantasized about being someones willing sex slave/toy. For a limited time only, of course.

Character Name: Michaela Kleinschmidt

House: Daedelus

Virtue: 3, Desire: 3

Allure: 3, Gossip: 1, Manipulative: 3, Sweet Talk: 2, Vamp/Pose: 5

Elusive: 1, Sneak: 3, Infiltrate: 1, Subterfuge: 1, Slip Away: 1

Force: 8, Athletics: 10 (Martial Arts), Endure: 6, Restrain: 6, Size: 6 (2,2,2)

Study: 1, Investigate: 1, Machines: 1, Occult: 1, Subject: 3 (Mathematics)

Threat: 5, Chastise: 5, Dirty Talk: 4, Influence: 7, Wealth: 1

Fetishes:
+Age: 50+
+Fat: Somewhat overweight
+Prostitution
-Rape

Merits:
Martial Artist
Sports Star
Fit
Unstoppable
Iron Will*
Sterile**
Unprickifiable

Flaws:
Switch

Figure:
tall, muscular, light tan, mane of black hair.

Equipment:
-

[* Iron Will: I made up myself, as I missed something like that in the list. It is basically the opposite of the 'Pushover' flaw, meaning Michaela will get a hefty bonus when rolling Threat to resist someone else's attempts.
** Sterile: same here, should be self explanatory.]

Let me join in, i want to try this system.

Name: Augustus 'Gus' Maxwell

Augustus is a school idol. A man that can get any woman he wants. He remains single however, prefering the company of different women every now and then. He is well known amongst the girls of other houses to be a sexual animal, despite his elegant profile. It is even said that he was seen leaving the room of a teacher, causing rumors that he had sex with a faculty member, a married one no less!

Behind the smile and the polite exterior, Augustus is a manipulative and morrally flawed individual. He enjoys nothing more than to separate lovers from one another and take advantage of the female.

House: Saturn

Virtue: 2, Desire: 4

Allure: 8, Gossip: 2, Manipulative:10, Sweet Talk: 6, Vamp/Pose: 8

Elusive: 1, Sneak: 1, Infiltrate: 1, Subterfuge: 2, Slip Away: 1

Force: 5, Athletics: 1 (Horseback), Endure: 8, Restrain: 1, Size: 7(2,2,2)

Study: 3, Investigate: 1, Machines: 1, Occult: 5, Subject: 3 (History)

Threat: 1, Chastise: 1, Dirty Talk: 2, Influence: 1, Wealth: 1

Fetishes:
+Class
+Studied
+++Adultery
-Virgins

Merits:
Insatiable
Celebrity
Mysterious
Looks Good in Evening Wear
Altered Genitalia (Hyper: 13 inch-Stimulating)
Fit
Fraternity
Looks Great in Glasses

Flaw
-Dignity
-Expectations (Family)
-Dark Secret (bastard)

Figure
-Tall and Slim, but toned, with well defined abs and a cock that seems way too big for his frame.

Okay this would be a character I would actually play in this now that I have tried to play out a couple of scenes. Anyone feel like trying it out? I could start a thread and we could make this a systems style group game or something?
Or again, I suggest Teamspeak or some sort of browser based program with a die roller. Just makes everything easier.

Name: Caelia Byrne

Sex: Female

Caelia is a cultist with a big "C". She worships horrors unknown through hedonistic pagan rituals, mostly for her own interest. She is a tad creepy but can be pretty friendly if you get to know her (and can look away from the strange topics she tends to bring up in conversations). She believes in physical expression and is far from shy when it comes to the subject of sex.

Orientation: Bisexual

House: Obsidere

Virtue: 2, Desire: 4

Allure: 4, Gossip: 2, Manipulative:5, Sweet Talk: 2, Vamp/Pose: 5

Elusive: 2, Sneak: 1, Infiltrate: 3, Subterfuge: 3, Slip Away: 2

Force: 4, Athletics: 1 (Swimming), Endure: 4, Restrain: 5, Size: 4(2,1,1)

Study: 3, Investigate: 2, Machines: 1, Occult: 6, Subject: 2 (History)

Threat: 3, Chastise: 3, Dirty Talk: 4, Influence: 1, Wealth: 3

Fetishes:
++Eldritch horrors of the unknown (monsters)
+Rituals
+Anal
+exhibitionism

Merits:
Magic – Summon Demon, Ward, Touch the Unseen
Eureka
Insatiable
Unprickifiable
Fit

Flaws:
Hellbound - Extradimensional beings whispering in her ears
Switch

Figure:
Tall girl of fairly average build, Long raven black hair with several decorated braids hanging here and there, Deep green eyes

Equipment:
Dildo, Strap-on Belt, Shackles, Sleepy Drugs, Ancient Tome, Cultist Dagger

Some thoughts of mine:

- IM sounds nice in theory, in practice getting four or more players together at the same time is a significant coordination effort. And that is before differing time zones complicate this further.

Hence I am suggesting to keep this forum based

- Next we should definitely clarify what tone the game should have. How much of the supernatural do we want to include? Monsters in the basement, summoning demons, all that, or keep it mundane? TOGs latest character suggests at least some supernatural activitiy.

[btw, Caelia is missing the Haunted Flaw, which according to the rules is recommended for Obsidere]

- Pairings. Likely the biggest problem I see, since I currently can't see the three characters presented matching up against each other very well. [maybe Caelia summons a demon, Michaela beats up the beast and then the two have their fun with the creature...]

One possible solution would be that everone creates some 'love interest' in the widest sense that her/his character would like to interact with. Using fewer points since obviously the player characters are supposed to be the heroes of the story. ;) And then each of us besides her/his own character also plays one other secondary character.

Thoughts?

Cherubian said:
Some thoughts of mine:

- IM sounds nice in theory, in practice getting four or more players together at the same time is a significant coordination effort. And that is before differing time zones complicate this further.

Hence I am suggesting to keep this forum based

- Next we should definitely clarify what tone the game should have. How much of the supernatural do we want to include? Monsters in the basement, summoning demons, all that, or keep it mundane? TOGs latest character suggests at least some supernatural activitiy.

[btw, Caelia is missing the Haunted Flaw, which according to the rules is recommended for Obsidere]

- Pairings. Likely the biggest problem I see, since I currently can't see the three characters presented matching up against each other very well. [maybe Caelia summons a demon, Michaela beats up the beast and then the two have their fun with the creature...]

One possible solution would be that everone creates some 'love interest' in the widest sense that her/his character would like to interact with. Using fewer points since obviously the player characters are supposed to be the heroes of the story. ;) And then each of us besides her/his own character also plays one other secondary character.

Thoughts?

Well if we keep this forum based then how will we handle dice?

The setting invites supernatural activity and lovecraftian inspired horror. I sort of like that.

If you look at the "Hellbound" flaw you will see that it specifically can replace "Haunted".

Sorry if I misunderstand, but the 'love interest' idea involves making partners for our own characters that we ourselves play? Roleplaying with yourself is always sort of awkward, couldn't we find a way around that?

There are a number of online dice rollers that are often used for PBP games; Invisible Castle is probably the most common, but Orokos works just as well.

As for the pairing, I think what Cherubian meant was that each player comes up with a secondary character to pair up with their main character, then another else plays that secondary character for them.

That Other Guy said:
Well if we keep this forum based then how will we handle dice?
The honor system comes to mind.

That Other Guy said:
The setting invites supernatural activity and lovecraftian inspired horror. I sort of like that.
Just remember, not everyone likes to be raped by extradimensional entities.

That Other Guy said:
Sorry if I misunderstand, but the 'love interest' idea involves making partners for our own characters that we ourselves play? Roleplaying with yourself is always sort of awkward, couldn't we find a way around that?
You slightly misunderstood me. Each of us would play the 'love interest' of another player.

Say purely hypothetically Caelia wants to be raped by a summoned demon, Augustus would like to seduce his married French teacher and Michaela feels like being surprised under the shower by the elderly janitor.

Then nanachan would play the janitor, Cherubian (=me) the demon and That Other Guy the French teacher.

Edit. BadAnime beat me to it.

So this died? It wasn't that long ago that the last post was made... I suppose they just never moved it into proper OOC and IC threads and left it to sit here?

Well, do we want to do this with me as GM or should I make a character?

-EDIT- Well I'll probably have to make a character (or a few) anyways... If I'm not GMing then I think we might want to go with the whole 'love interest' idea Cherubian proposed.

Either response really? Whether or not a gamemaster exists is something that strikes me as somewhat less important with this system...

Then your past experiences differ from mine.

So for the record i would very much welcome it if you took up the mantle of GM.

Alright, I can GM, I suppose I'll need to come up with a plot then...

On that note, can ask each of you what you want out of this game? This whole system is based around smut and fetishism so any plot I come up with will probably have sex as a major element so that we can all get what we came here for but I'd like to narrow that down to make sure I don't horribly alienate or bore any of you.

Back
Top Bottom