Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

An honor system?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we should add a system in which we can promote people within the community who earn respect. It would act as a stat, and could only be gotten if other users putting in for you to earn that honor. Maybe I'm just a dreamer, but I like this idea a lot.

Ratings always turn into a popularity contest in the end and then never do anyone any good even if they start off with the best of intentions. I've seen it happen way too many times unfortunately.

I feel it's related to the topic. While a stat based system would be nice and help some people, it would be drowned out by the well-popular people that are already popular. If you really want to help lesser known people get known, spread the word yourself. Make friends and point them towards that individual when they happen to be looking. You'll get much farther and probably more effective.

That's the exact kind of elitism we don't need. People who are friendly and well-liked don't need that sort of artificial stamp of approval from the community.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom