Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Short Storys by Nyoko!

Nyoko

Supernova
It helps to have a little background info about me before reading this. In case you don't know. I am in a wheelchair, and I skateboard on my knees.
I wrote this in a writing class I took two summers ago.
Enjoy,
Nyoko~
---------------------------

Excitement clouded my judgement as I sat upon that skateboard. One big hill, please! i told my uncle. He had agreed and now I sat on top of the cement hill in a graveyard waiting.
My brother sad down in my wheelchair, after challenging me to a race. Which of course I couldn't refuse. I bent over and stared down the hill. it was intimidating, but I always welcomed a challenge.
My hands hit the concrete as I push myself as fast as possible. To my left my brother charges down the hill.
My speed increases and the board starts to wobble. My hands press on the board, trying to stop the wobbling. Panic replaces my excitement when I see the gravel ahead.
No more time for thought before my flesh mixes with the white and grey gravel.
I skid across the gravel without any wheels under my feet, just my skin tearing apart.
I sit up painfully and burst out laughing.
My eyes finally focus and I move my left arm slightly, pain shoots up my arm, and I see red spilling everywhere.
Still the laughter continues. At least i'll have a have a scar to be proud of, I think to myself.
Only seconds pass and I am surrounded by voices of laughter and concern.
Are you alright? What's hurt?
Still the laughter continues.

Back
Top Bottom