Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

D&D One on One: Corruption of Balance

Status
Not open for further replies.
He sighed softly as he nodded, leaving himself in the two native's care. "Let's be off then.. Would anyone mind acting as a translator?"

Bai nods. "I'll continue to act as a translator until we are in Lord Murase's chambers. Then his court ninja can cast a spell that should handle any translation needs. My comrades and I are combat ninja, and our magic is suited for battle." Bai says, before turning and gesturing for Yuri to lead the way. Yuri, who has been taking to someone else in blue armor, nods. She finishes whatever she was saying and begins to walk toward the east, where a large building can be vaguely seen in the distance. Bai follows, the other people in purple staying near Bai to one degree or another. The people in blue armor (excluding Yuri) begin to line up, with one man obviously in charge.

Hearing Iskander's words made Bai look at him strangely, before he shrugged and continued on. The resulting march was about 30 minutes uphill. The castle was situated on the highest local ground, and could see and be seen for a few miles. It was a simple affair, but it was functional. The iron gate at the front was pulled up to allow them entry. At this point, most of the ninja (as Bai informed them of why he and his fellows wore purple) left at this point, to join with their families. The samurai (as the people in blue armored were called) had followed behind in regimented order, and vanished into a different section of the castle. Upon Bai, Yuri, Tsuki, and Iskander's entrance into an ornate hall, a man started speaking in a loud voice to another man. They both then turned to Yuri, and began taking to her. The three began discussing something, and then Bai was dismissed. The first man, in an outfit similar to Bai's but more ornate and blue, gestured for a moment, and bright light filled the air. Once it faded, the other man, wearing blue clothing with gold highlights (the only gold Iskander's seen in any outfit here, so far) speaks. "Can you understand me?" He asks.

"I can. You are Jogo Murase, I presume?" He responded bluntly, stretching a bit. "Are you the one running things?"

"I am Lord Jogo Murase, the Murase Clan Head. I am in charge of this area of the Jade Empire. I'm told you are not from here?" The man replies. The other man is studying both Iskander and Tsuki with glowing blue eyes. Iskander guesses that he is looking at them with magic. It is something he has noticed other spellcasters do, though whether Tsuki can stop seeing things that way is something he's unsure of. Her eyes are without pupil or iris, after all, just sky blue orbs. Yuri is standing at ease, ready to act at a moment's notice.

"Yes, and if you wish to know something about me, just ask." He growled, but then paused for a moment, then shrugged. "This is humiliating.."

"I know you're using magic on me... I disapprove of this..." He said sternly, crossing his arms. "I suppose since you'll be employing Milady Tsuki and I, I'll let you in on my one rule. I am owned by no man, woman, or God. If one wishes to own me, then they must conquer me. Thusfar, no one has." He thrust his fist out in challenge.

The men and Yuri step back, leery and confused. "We mean no disrespect. It is customary for all to be scanned when entering this room, to avoid assassins and assassination attempts. But... what do you mean, you have no owner? Is she not your liege, and are you not dragonkin?" Jogo asks. Again, there's that slight emphasis on liege that is baffling. It seems to be a cultural understanding that comes close to liege, but isn't the same. Dragonkin comes across the same way, but at least is still close to the meaning, from what Iskander can gather.

"She is not my liege. She is my companion, as of now. Though, she may have the strength to become my liege. I am a human. If I have dragon blood, it is minor in my veins. My power is that of what I forge for myself." He keeps himself from growling this time, but feels tense given his freedom was questioned. "Now, if you want to talk to a dragon, talk to Tsuki." He continued. "I hope my blood hasn't squashed your views of me."

They look baffled. "Then, you weren't chosen as her Champion? Her earthly example of what to strive for?" Jogo asks. Tsuki giggles, amused by everyone's assumptions and reactions. "I'm not a dragon, nor a deity." She says with mirth. "I'm just a daughter of nature." The befuddled looks on Jogo, Yuri, and the unnamed ninja are heightened. "But, I saw you transform into a dragon?" Yuri asks. "Oh, that's just an ability Momma grants me. I do enjoy it though." Tsuki replies. This does not help them at all. "I... I see. Let's just... ignore this little mishap, shall we?" Jogo asks, clearly trying to move on and try to do something, instead of being bogged down with bafflement.

"Not that your 'Dragon Deities' seem to be of much aid at the time.." He stopped, then thought for a moment. "Okay, that was worded wrong. Sometimes Gods like to test their charges. All you can do is keep your faith and swordarm strong. If you still want my help, I'll LEND you my power. Get your Emerald Prince, kill some demons, whatever you want. The fiercer the challenge, the better on my end. And if I see one of your 'Dragons', I'll make sure to show them who's the real alpha." He turned to his two previous battle companions and sighed. "Sorry I'm not what you're looking for. I suppose a mortal isn't much help to you."

"It is fine. A hero is still worth having, even if he isn't dragonkin." Yuri replied, not bothered. "Indeed. And my thanks for your offer of aid. Every bit helps in this troubling times. And if you wish to help find the Jade Heir, it would be best to go to Kamihara. That way you can have an audience the with Emperor, or least find that latest bit of information in the search." Jogo says. "I'll send Yuri with you, since you've met her." Jogo turns to the other man and asks, "Hidaka, how long will the translation spell you cast last?" Hidaka states, "At least two weeks, my lord." "Good. That will be plenty of time to reach Kamihara and have it renewed by the Palace ninjas." Jogo finishes.

"With any luck, I'll have learned your language by that point.." He mused. "At any rate, it's good to have someone around who knows how everything works."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom