Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

D&D Pathfinder campaign

Your Eternal Reward

Super-Earth
Welcome, ladies and gentlemen, to the adventure of a lifetime! Whether that lifetime is short or long depends entirely on your actions, and that of your party. I have decided to DM a Pathfinder campaign (though could be persuaded into 3.5, given enough interest), and am looking for your input.

I've got a number of ideas, all set in the same world, but themed differently. The world is called Maaya and is a vast landscape of vibrant cultures and people (of course I use the term people very, very loosely) who want to kill you for reasons that can and will change.

In essence, I'm looking for 5-6 players for any of the following campaigns. Experience with pathfinder is unnecessary for the first two scenarios, but highly recommended for the other four (I would say required, but I want to leave room for potential exceptions).

So here's the deal. If you're interested, reply with your vote for which campaigns you want. You can vote for more than one, and include how regular you are in your vote. Do NOT vote if you do not want to play. If you have questions, I am available via PM.

The ideas are, very briefly, in order of starting level:

1. You lot have been drafted, probably against your will, and are now not only fighting against orcs with terrible dental hygiene,
but have found yourself stranded behind enemy lines after a rescue mission goes terribly wrong. (1)

2. A small-scale noir/infiltration campaign that takes place in a single megacity. Very stealth/skill oriented. Think AC or Dishonored. (3)

3. An aquatic campaign, complete with pirates, storms, merfolk, and use of the phrase "Release the kraken!". (E6)

4. Zombies? In MY medieval campaign? Medieval zombies! Think something like the Blight from DA:O or the White Walkers from GoT. (6)

5. A team of mercenaries, sent to secure a fortress in a location of strategic importance to the kingdom that hires them,
quickly realize why the fortress has been abandoned for generations. (8)

6. In what has been cataloged as an honest mistake, a cult of artificers seeking to use arcane means to cast divine magic
capture and enslave a god, and make the rest of them very, very angry. Angry enough, in fact, that they all conclude that
the mortal races need to be purged and recreated. You, as a mortal, aren't exactly jumping for joy. (15)

1. 1/5
2. 4/5
3. 0/5
4. 0/5
5. 3/5
6. 3/5

Alright; but still, stat generation? Point buy? 3d6 down the line? 4d6 drop low?

And I believe I'll be doing the gnome alchemist with grenadier and saboteur archetypes. There are no overlaps between the two.

I typically run 25 point buy, in the PF style (which is different from 3.5).
Standard 3.5 starting character wealth by level. 2.7k for 3rd level,
since the stealth idea seems the most likely to be selected.

Starting items will be selected from the pfsrd at www.d20pfsrd.com

I want sheets to be typed up into a PF character sheet format.
Some of you likely already have sheet-generating sites. For those who
do not, www.myth-weavers.com has a sheet generator. Just make
an account, click on the sheets tab, and go wild.
Make sure to select a pathfinder sheet, and make sure to make the sheet public.
Then send me the link when you're done.

Considering this will be roleplay over roll-play, I also want detailed backstories
and the like, so you might as well think about what angle or archetype you want
to approach character design from. I'll get to typing up some information about
the world of Maaya itself soon enough, and, of course, Haven City.

Yes, but the Tian Empire is more based on Tang China than Japan, which most people think of when the term "Oriental" is used.

So, what's everyone else playing? And will we have erotic contents here?

We are level three in this campaign right? I also want to know what others plan to play. The actual plot seems to gear more towards stealth based characters...are we doing traits or what?

@beautiful disgrace: i'm thinking of playing a monk. The goal is to make someone who can do parkour/free running with monk's lvl 5 feature.

oh, can i make a ninja? it'll fit the theme more, though i'll fluff it as an oriental assasin instead of an actual ninja.

Ninjas are all members of the Order of the Spider, an order within the warrior caste of the Tian Empire that trains its members to master stealth and assassination to deal with members of the Tian mage caste who break their vows or go too far. So that works.

The urban ranger is also a go. I'll get the world info up soon.

Is the Gnome Alchemist Saboteur/Grenadier a go?

Also I need more back ground on the location to write a good back ground.

HPs per level? Race limitations (like those races allowed)? Anything we should shy away from as it doesn't make sense for the campaign or world, and things we should try to include.

This sounds fun. Any decision on the scenario yet? Any more info? Numbers seem to favor the noir-ish one, which I'd like to join if there's a spot free.

I like the first and third ones. I'm around almost every day, but in the Australian timezone.

Back
Top Bottom