Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The Quest of the Fallen

Status
Not open for further replies.
both looekd kinda confused but nodded. "I am James.. This is my brother John." James said as an answer to the male's question. John remaid silent for the moment. as he had little to say.

((Weird, I don't recall hitting the post button twice, yet it posted me twice. Actually, it looks just like a weird thing with the pages...))

"Hmm," Morgan nodded, taking in their answer, "very well then. Second Question: What...is your quest?" He'd posed this series of questions to random people he'd met before, and always they tripped up on this second question. It's not that he expected a detailed explanation of the person's life goal, but merely an answer as to what they planned on doing in the immediate future. To be honest, he didn't even care for that, but more for the reaction to the question than the answer itself.

And if this question trips em up, I'm sure the third shall be quite tricky indeed, Morgan chuckled inwardly. I wonder if these guys will even get the reference. They don't seem to have me figured out just yet.

The two would tense.. they had a quest sure enough.. but like they would speak it.. "Quest sir?" john would question back as he held tighter to his brother James. James was the one silent now as he waited for the third question..

"Awww," Morgan grumbled, dropping in overexaggerated displease with their answer. "Well, that's a boring answer. I mean, what is this 'Quest sir?' business even? I mean, you guys aren't even trying to play along aren't you?" Morgan mischievous grin reappeared as his mind caught back onto its previous track.

"Very well," he announce, raising his cane up like a conductor before leveling it at the brothers once more, "I'll move right along since you did answer the question, no matter how boring the answer might've been. Third Question: What...is the airspeed of an unladen swallow?" Morgan actually had to maintain himself as he attempted to stifle back a laugh. This would've been a better punchline had they actually played along, but nonetheless their reaction to the second proved that this'll be a good curveball to throw their direction anyways. Nobody ever got the answer, although some did get the joke.

James giggled as he got it now.. it was from a human movie, one even John found funny. "an African or European swallow?" John just started to chuckle, it was funny now that they understood where it came from.

Teyha sighed, and watched her older brother walk in front of them, far enough to not hear their hushed whispers. "Stuck with you?" She questioned, and raised a hand, looking at the chain that linked them together. She pulled on it with a frown, "Do you mean to say that I am not imagining this?" She asked quietly. "Or do you mean I'm imagining all of this? The falling stars, meeting you, this odd chain...? Am I asleep or delusional?"

She folded her arms quietly, watching Leon as they walked. "And my parents work for the federal bureau of prisons. My dad is a guard and my mother evaluates the prisoners to see who is ready to be reintegrated into society."

((Whoa, getting Morgan and Leon saying stuff in the same post. That hasn't happened for a bit...))

"Ha ha!" Morgan laughed aloud, "now they get it! And I was beginning to think you two a little dense. Very well, let's be off then, shall we?" Turning around without even announcing their direction, Morgan started off at a steady waltz. "I'll have you know you're falling under the hospice of a one Morgan Allwatter. I own a coffee shop only," he stretched his arms apart, "this far away from here. Not too far, and it doesn't look like you folks wouldn't mind a touch of walking anyways. But, in all seriousness, I really would like to know what brings the two of you to my little town. Forgive me for being blunt, but it's quite obvious that you're not from around here. I knew that the moment I saw you two, and wouldn't have forgiven myself if I'd left this sleeping dog lie. And while I'm at it, I'll entertain myself a bit because we all know how fun it is to watch someone jostled from their sleep, especially pets."

Morgan stopped talking and thumbed his chin thoughtfully. "Hmm, that sounded kinda rude. Forgive me, I tend to babble and wander off into conversation that some would better blame on the Id. Now, where was I? Oh yes. I own a coffee shop near here, Mercurial Brew it's called. I stay in my own apartment upstairs from there, but there is a spare room that I've been using for storage until just now. It'll be a small matter to move the boxes I have there, although if you two help I would suggest you take the upmost care lest you wish to taste this," Morgan paired the last of what he was saying with a wave of his cane before continuing. "But surely I jest. You two look like you know what you're doing, so don't mind me. Say, I've been talking quite a bit, haven't I?" Morgan turned around and continued walking, now backwards. "Why don't you folks tell me about yourselves? So far I know you have the most generic names I've heard in some time, but what else would I like to know about my new tenants?"

--------------

"Hmph," Leon nodded, "the justice system you say? Well, that's just perfect." It was quickly becoming apparent to Leon the state of affairs, and why it was so hard for Teyha to explain it to him. Continuing to stay in step behind her brother, he made a point of not making a face at her comment about the chain. "Yes," he mumbled quietly, "about that."

He paused as he considered his words carefully. "We shall discuss that later," was his simple reply. Now wasn't a good time. After he'd dealt with this family matter she seemed to be having, perhaps he could find a moment to sit her down and explain the gravity of his mission. It occurs to me to wonder how the others are fairing in their ventures.

James and John were rather happy indeed to have a place to stay.. but the matter of things about them.. They hadnt thought that up yet.. The two looked at once another because John replied. "We have Amnesia.. We cant remember where we came from, we heard the names from A.." James cut in "a Television! Right brother?" He nodded, the two were not telling the full truths.. they did not remember much indeed, however they had plenty to tell but chose not to lest Mrogan was an Athiest or thought them nuts.

"We are Greatful for your Kindness sir.. please.. anything you ned of us just ask." that was left to him to figure out as the twins followed their new.. friend. Off to his pplace. "We have not had.. Coffee.. is it good?" John said curiously. both made sur to stay somewhat out of arms reach.. as they wished to protect their collars.

Teyha raised a brow, "Perfect?" She questioned, "I don't see how it's perfect." She told him, leeping close in step to keep to keep the chain from growing taunt. They were finally getting close to her house, and Teyha's stomach twisted slightly at the thought of the upcoming conflict. She hated confrontations in general, but in this paticular situation she dreaded it even more.

"That's my house." She told him, pointing to a good sized white house a little further down the road. "Bradyn will wake my parents up, and they'll likely meet us in the living room. Do you need anything while we wait for them to get ready? Something to eat or drink maybe?"

Zarazel said:
She groaned as her dream became a little bit better, the man slowly dissapeared and the sky turned red. Images of the man flashed before her eyes, his wings beautiful and his lance big and strong. She felt like crying at the sight of that beauty of angel. She then heard a voice, the voice of the man talking in her dream. She shook her head and looked around, "But why me? Why do you think I have valor? yes I saved a girl from a pack of bullies but what qualifies me to be linked to you? I do believe you but I don't think I am the one. My life has been full of pain reason why I saved the girl, I don't want to see anyone suffer that type of fate even if it costs my life". He smiled and looked at him, "But.... if I am trully the one that can help you, I will".

She woke up and the shot of pain went through her body, she felt the bones snap into place as she groaned in pain. Groaning she felt her wounds slowly seal in her private areas as well as the black eye dissapearing. She looked at him and then at her body still confused as to what happened. The nurses rushed in and started inspecting her, they were as confused as she was, the wounds were gone and the bones did not hurt anymore. The doctor then came in and rushed her out to do some tests. Sometime later they came back with a astonished look on their faces, all her wounds were gone.

Chris was already back in his bed when she awoke, not showing really an shock about what she just did. After all she did hold a mark of the Lord on her neck. A smile playing across his lips as he watched the look of astonishment on there faces. He had seemed to be right about one thing, humans had a hard time believing things. Even if it happened fright in front of there eyes. Watching the runs her in and out of the room of test after test only to find nothing.

As soon as the started to give up and leave her alone would Chris ask his question, "So when can we go. We have a lot of work to do and only a year to do it."

Cross had spent her time walking threw the city. No one had even stopped to look at the large blood stans on the back of the shirt she now wore. Spending her night watching, making sure no one bumped into her or touched her. Knowing what fate had in store for her if they did. It was about two in the morning when she finally stopped some where to take a seat. Funny that it would be on top of a rather tall building. Giving her the feeling she once had when she watched earth from the heavens and all the humans that moved about it. Legs hanging off the side of the building, no fear in her heart about falling. Why should she be afraid....what did she have to fear?

Her staff appearing from no were, resting now in the hand that was thrown up to block the spear that had been sent down to smite her. Good aim it seemed as the tip of the spear hit the center of the silver rod. "Do you really want to piss me off this early in the game Zarazel?" So it was true what the heavens had been whispering about....seemed an arc-angel had indeed been sent down with the other seven.

The doctors looked at her astonished and whispered to themselfs, "I ..... She...how did she healed?, a damn miracle". He gave her the paper to sign release and left the room astonished still.

Kat smirked as she signed the papers and stood up, her body was fine and did not hurt one bit. Standing up she closed the door and looked at the angel, "I bet you had seen naked bodies all the time up there, so I won't hesitate if you want to turn around do so, if not do whatever you want, I cannot say a angel from heaven what to do". She smirked and grabbed her clothes from the closet, the bloodstains still on the shirt as it sent shivers down his spine.

After she was dressed she looked at him, "so exactly why him picked me?". There were things she still did not understood, but all of them would be answered soon. Looking at him she sighed and nodded, "I am ready, let's leave to my home so we can talk better, I live alone".

Zarazel, my knight... I want you to go to earth and stop their plans. The end of the world will come, humans are to learn for their lack of faith.

His body dissapeared then appeared back on earth, appearing on the parking of a mall, he smirked as he looked to the humans walking all around him, they lived their lives not knowing what his mission was. He walked around and looked through the humans walking the city, watching a robbery in the corner he sighed, "exactly why humans deserve their lesson". He continued to walk and noticed someone he knew, it was her one of the seven fallen. Walking behind her for a bit he was not noticed by anybody, he knew that if he attacked she would block but doing so might be fun, a good battle would warm him up.

Making his spear appear on his hand he launched a attack only to be blocked by her. He smirked and backed away, "the lord sent me, I will make sure you are not victorious, humans deserve the end, they deserve the punishment. God gave them the free will and for what? I will make sure they pay". She smirked and showed her his lance turning them into five spikes, he smirked as they hovered in front of him.

Asuarah Garretson said:
James and John were rather happy indeed to have a place to stay.. but the matter of things about them.. They hadnt thought that up yet.. The two looked at once another because John replied. "We have Amnesia.. We cant remember where we came from, we heard the names from A.." James cut in "a Television! Right brother?" He nodded, the two were not telling the full truths.. they did not remember much indeed, however they had plenty to tell but chose not to lest Mrogan was an Athiest or thought them nuts.

"We are Greatful for your Kindness sir.. please.. anything you ned of us just ask." that was left to him to figure out as the twins followed their new.. friend. Off to his pplace. "We have not had.. Coffee.. is it good?" John said curiously. both made sur to stay somewhat out of arms reach.. as they wished to protect their collars.

"Hmmm," Morgan pondered thoughtfully, "I honestly couldn't tell you. I rather avoid the coffee. Tea is quite alright though." He continued his backwards wandering as he watched the twosome explain themselves. "Righty oh then, television and all that. I don't spend too much time watching television to be honest, due to my face being peeled to a computer screen. I do watch the news a little every now and then, but it's so horribly depressing with all this talk of war and depression and such. I swear, it's like the apocalyse lingers on our doorstep or something."

kikora said:
Teyha raised a brow, "Perfect?" She questioned, "I don't see how it's perfect." She told him, leeping close in step to keep to keep the chain from growing taunt. They were finally getting close to her house, and Teyha's stomach twisted slightly at the thought of the upcoming conflict. She hated confrontations in general, but in this paticular situation she dreaded it even more.

"That's my house." She told him, pointing to a good sized white house a little further down the road. "Bradyn will wake my parents up, and they'll likely meet us in the living room. Do you need anything while we wait for them to get ready? Something to eat or drink maybe?"

"No," Morgan answered, "I'm quite alright at the moment. Besides, it wouldn't seem quite right for me to simply wander into your residence and help myself to your food."

"No," he repeated, "I'd rather immediately start my conversation with your parents. I wouldn't consider myself diligent if I didn't begin to remedy your situation immediately."

((Sorry for the late and short posts. Kinda having a spaced-out moment here the last day or so...))

Teyha reluctantly nodded, and led Leon forward. Bradyn walked in and left the door open for them as he went to get her parents. Teyha frowned and paused for a moment before motioning for Leon to follow her inside. "My parents wont talk to you out here, so please take a seat."

"What?!"

Teyha winced slightly as the sharp voice cut through the quiet, followed by loud grumbling as her parents were forced to wake up in the early hour.

"Yeah... She snuck out her window, and I went to follow her." Came Bradyn's voice next, growing slightly louder as he led their parents down the hall. "She walked into the construction site, I think she was trying to run away..." She couldn't quite hear what her mother said, but she certainly sounded mad, "Mhm, she was spreading that lie again to some guy she met out there... Mhm... He seemed concerned, so I brought him back."

Teyha shifted, and gave Leon a worried glance, unsure how he'd handle the situation.

Asuarah Garretson said:
The two boys looked at one another but smiled nervously.. following Morgan.. "Perhaps.." John said as he and James would follow the male

"Perhaps?" Morgan queried, raising an eyebrow at their nervous smiles. "What is it? Don't tell me your some crazy pair of end-of-the-world conspiracy theorists, are ya? I suppose it would explain the way you've been presented so far. You do have that 'sheltered' thing going on, I'll say that much. So what's the deal, you're father think the cold war was gonna kill us all and built a bomb shelter like in that movie?"

kikora said:
Teyha reluctantly nodded, and led Leon forward. Bradyn walked in and left the door open for them as he went to get her parents. Teyha frowned and paused for a moment before motioning for Leon to follow her inside. "My parents wont talk to you out here, so please take a seat."

"What?!"

Teyha winced slightly as the sharp voice cut through the quiet, followed by loud grumbling as her parents were forced to wake up in the early hour.

"Yeah... She snuck out her window, and I went to follow her." Came Bradyn's voice next, growing slightly louder as he led their parents down the hall. "She walked into the construction site, I think she was trying to run away..." She couldn't quite hear what her mother said, but she certainly sounded mad, "Mhm, she was spreading that lie again to some guy she met out there... Mhm... He seemed concerned, so I brought him back."

Teyha shifted, and gave Leon a worried glance, unsure how he'd handle the situation.

Morgan paid careful attention to maintain his neutral expression, not letting his distaste for Bradyn's lies, the response, or Teyha's insecurities color his disposition. Instead, he simply flashed a reassuring smile at Teyha and sat himself down. "If you're parents consider themselves respectable adults, then they must be able to listen to all sides of any discussion. Any less would make a person look languid and leave openings for miscommunication. In a job such as theirs, in which your personal security requires understanding your surroundings, to not do so is to invite disaster. That is but one of the reasons why I said it was perfect that they serve the justice system. There are more, but I'll mention them some other time."

What Morgan didn't tell her was that his previous position under God wasn't too different, and that past experience has taught him to ensure that both sides have been heard out, for better or worse. It was a dark memory, and certainly not one that he would like to bother her by recounting. No, that is a tale I'd only mention when utterly necessary... he thought, his eyes fading off into the past for but a second before returning to reality.

Teyha shut the door and followed behind Leon closely, sitting on the chair beside his as she waited for her parents. "Please don't tell them I thought I saw a falling star hit the city." She whispered. "I don't want them having any reason to have me committed." Her eyes darted to Leon again, and she lowered her voice even further. "My parents don't want to believe my brother is a pervert. I'm not the only one he's molested and tried to rape... There have been reports from people I've never met, but my parents pulled strings so each case was seen separately and dismissed, and no charges were really filed. They think Bradyn has the mentality of a five year old, and had him diagnosed with a mental disease to support the claim that he capable of harming others the way he does, and Bradyn plays along with it to keep people from getting suspicious."

She paused and sighed. "I've tried to keep people protected. I know what he is really capable of, and it takes a lot of..." Her lips quirked for a moment in her odd sense of humor, "Diligence to keep myself and others safe."

She fell silent when she heard a door swing open, and sank back against the chair. Moments later her mother came in, fully dressed in her uniform. She barely glanced at Teyha, but the young girl pulled back with a wince anyway. "Why are you going to play those games?" Her mother asked in a strict tone, frowning at the girl before she turned fully to Leon, and extended her hand. "My name is Mary, pleased to meet you." She told him in a friendly tone, an easy smile on her face. "I'm sorry for my daughter dragging you around. She -Should- know better." Teyha made a sound like she wanted to protest, but a weighted look from her mother silenced her immediately, and she sank back into the chair again. "But thank you for returning her to us."

John held james and eyed the male suspiciously.. "sir.. you are distressing my brother deeply.. might I suggest you stop that.." HE said as James looked worried that he might be more tha he seemed..

((Sorry for not posting in like, two weeks or something like that. Insert long and likely lame explanation here.))

kikora said:
Teyha shut the door and followed behind Leon closely, sitting on the chair beside his as she waited for her parents. "Please don't tell them I thought I saw a falling star hit the city." She whispered. "I don't want them having any reason to have me committed." Her eyes darted to Leon again, and she lowered her voice even further. "My parents don't want to believe my brother is a pervert. I'm not the only one he's molested and tried to rape... There have been reports from people I've never met, but my parents pulled strings so each case was seen separately and dismissed, and no charges were really filed. They think Bradyn has the mentality of a five year old, and had him diagnosed with a mental disease to support the claim that he capable of harming others the way he does, and Bradyn plays along with it to keep people from getting suspicious."

She paused and sighed. "I've tried to keep people protected. I know what he is really capable of, and it takes a lot of..." Her lips quirked for a moment in her odd sense of humor, "Diligence to keep myself and others safe."

She fell silent when she heard a door swing open, and sank back against the chair. Moments later her mother came in, fully dressed in her uniform. She barely glanced at Teyha, but the young girl pulled back with a wince anyway. "Why are you going to play those games?" Her mother asked in a strict tone, frowning at the girl before she turned fully to Leon, and extended her hand. "My name is Mary, pleased to meet you." She told him in a friendly tone, an easy smile on her face. "I'm sorry for my daughter dragging you around. She -Should- know better." Teyha made a sound like she wanted to protest, but a weighted look from her mother silenced her immediately, and she sank back into the chair again. "But thank you for returning her to us."

"It was my honor, ma'am," Leon responded, mirroring her smile with an easy smile of his own. He extended a hand, cupping his other over her hand as he shook it lightly. "To be quiet frank, ma'am, I'm not quite sure where I'd be at this moment if not for your diligent daughter here," he continued, glancing off to Teyha to see if she caught the inside joke. "You see, I was in a bit of a mess not far from here, and your daughter was the only person to come and make sure I was unharmed. For that I congratulate you on surely having raised a fine daughter. She tells me, however, that there seems to be some trouble at home. You son it seems is...," he made it look like he struggled to find the words for what he wanted to say. "It would seem your son is deficient, if you don't mind my phrasing. I, how do you say, know people. Perhaps you could explain it a bit to me, and I could see if I can render assistance. I truly wish to pay you back for you daughter's kindness."

Leon smiled as he laid on the sentiment, knowing full well that he spoke the truth...in a fashion. He knew he wasn't lying, and would forgive himself in the end, but such deceit was still deceit. It is necessary if this world is to become better, he thought to himself. If he could render this situation any aid, it would pale in comparison to future trials that would face him.

Asuarah Garretson said:
John held james and eyed the male suspiciously.. "sir.. you are distressing my brother deeply.. might I suggest you stop that.." HE said as James looked worried that he might be more tha he seemed..

"Whoa, whoa, whoa," Morgan countered, holding up his hands. "I'm sorry, it seems I got myself a bit carried off. Sorry, pal, I do that sometimes. Your business is your business I suppose, and I suppose I better not inquire to deeply. But if I'm to be sheltering you guys, you better not try to hide anything important from me. The only thing worse than having someone lie to you, is having someone not share the truth. it's just not nice," Morgan shrugged and finally turned around to walk facing forward. "You guys don't have anything against a little dust, by the way, do ya? I said I used that room I'll be putting you guys in as storage, and I mean it. There's boxes in there I haven't touched since I moved in, and that's saying something."

Morgan shrugged again to himself as he glanced back at the pair. There's definitely something strange about these two. It makes me want to keep an eye on them.

The two nodded. "we have nothing against dust sir.. and if we had truth to share we would.." John said as he looked at Morgan.. naturally the two were pretty hesitant about getting too close to the male, but they had no choice for it was their only living arrangements.. James and John shifted the tops of their shirts, both boys making sure that their collars were mostly hidden and protected.. "merely show us where we might slumber.. and we shall take care of it from there." John said.. James was mostly keeping quiet as he followed John and Morgan.

Teyha couldn't help but to crack a smile when he mentioned diligence, and gave him a a grateful look out the corner of her eye for his slight lie. Her mother forced a smile of her own at the mention of their family life, and sighed as she took a seat next to Teyha. A hand landed on the tiny girl's shoulder, and she gripped tightly, a frown on her face. "Bradyn and Teyha suffer from mental disorders." She said softly. "It's nothing serious, a form of autism... But Teyha has trouble telling her fantasies from reality."

"I do not." Teyha protested, "Other people are saying the same thing... Insanity is not contagious!"

Her mother frowned deeper, glaring briefly at Teyha. "Hush, you don't know what you're talking about." She scolded before turning back to Leon. "People don't understand Bradyn because of his disorder... And they mistake the things he does. Teyha's accusations put a lot of pressure on things, and it's very tense. We've had to try very hard to keep him out of trouble." Her hand tightened briefly, and Teyha grunted softly, pulling herself away some. "I don't want to put Teyha on drugs... But it might be our only option."

Asuarah Garretson said:
The two nodded. "we have nothing against dust sir.. and if we had truth to share we would.." John said as he looked at Morgan.. naturally the two were pretty hesitant about getting too close to the male, but they had no choice for it was their only living arrangements.. James and John shifted the tops of their shirts, both boys making sure that their collars were mostly hidden and protected.. "merely show us where we might slumber.. and we shall take care of it from there." John said.. James was mostly keeping quiet as he followed John and Morgan.

"Very well," Morgan shrugged. Continuing on, it wasn't long before he led them to his domicile, the little coffee shop with a couple rooms above. Making quick work to cut through the (thin) crowd, he stepped past the counter and up the stairs, takinga left that was normally a right. This led him to the spare bedroom he was currently using to house a nice little family or cardboard boxes, as well as a couch covered with plastic to keep off the dust. "Alright," he commented as he opened the door, "there's a closet halfways between here and the room at the other end of the hall. Stack what you can in there, which should likely be all of this. I've simply been too lazy to do it myself, but then again they say all geniuses are messy." Morgan paused in thought. "But meh, who cares what they say, right?"

He paused for a moment to laugh at his own joke. "But as I was saying, if you can clear things out of here, you can use the space as you'd like. You'll need to find yourself your own furnishings, as I have nothing to spare but that couch there. There's a thrift store down the road if my memory serves me right that you might be likely to get a good bargain from, otherwise I'm clueless." Morgan scratched his head as he thought about things, trying to remember whether he'd forgotten anything or not. "Oh yes," he chuckled, turning to point to the door to where he stayed. "Don't go past that door. That is my space and I don't like others in it. Nothing personal, I just like my privacy. Other than that, my castle is your castle. Now, if you'll excuse me, I have work to do behind the afore mentioned door. So, any questions before I leave you two alone?"

kikora said:
Teyha couldn't help but to crack a smile when he mentioned diligence, and gave him a a grateful look out the corner of her eye for his slight lie. Her mother forced a smile of her own at the mention of their family life, and sighed as she took a seat next to Teyha. A hand landed on the tiny girl's shoulder, and she gripped tightly, a frown on her face. "Bradyn and Teyha suffer from mental disorders." She said softly. "It's nothing serious, a form of autism... But Teyha has trouble telling her fantasies from reality."

"I do not." Teyha protested, "Other people are saying the same thing... Insanity is not contagious!"

Her mother frowned deeper, glaring briefly at Teyha. "Hush, you don't know what you're talking about." She scolded before turning back to Leon. "People don't understand Bradyn because of his disorder... And they mistake the things he does. Teyha's accusations put a lot of pressure on things, and it's very tense. We've had to try very hard to keep him out of trouble." Her hand tightened briefly, and Teyha grunted softly, pulling herself away some. "I don't want to put Teyha on drugs... But it might be our only option."

Morgan shrugged slightly, mentally steeling himself against saying any harsh comments to the mother. It is not my place to judge... he thought as he observed her treatment of Teyha. "Well then, ma'am," Morgan offered, "if I may be so bold, may I suggest that it would be better to deal with Bradyn than Teyha. I mean no disrespect, but it seems her troubles are based off of his, and through no fault of his own he feeds these troubles. It would seem from what you have said, if I interpret right, that the boy attracts trouble. Has anything been attempted to help him adjust better?" Morgan made careful to keep his tone calm and agreeable. "I'm in agreement that the boy seems to be in a touch situation. I can certainly sympathize with the idea of having misunderstood relatives. In my line of work even, I have met some of the most unusual of characters, each with a more saddening story than the last. While I would not be so boastful as to say I have improved all their lives, I have succeeded on more than a number of occasions."

Morgan paused as he realized he was rambling. "I'm sorry ma'am," he apologized, "sometimes I get carried away. Back to the point, what has been done to help the poor boy?"

James and John nodded as they received their command so to speak. "We will ahve to work and earn money, for we have none and we do not wish to steal. might it be alright if we work in your shop to earn such money?" James said and John nodded in agreement but turned to start gathering up 1-3 boxes at a time, loading them in the closet. Both of them were strong, but John was stronger than his brother.

The mother simply shook her head at his comments, sighing softly. "My son has a social disorder." She said calmly, moving away from Teyha now, and the young girl took the chance to rub the sore spot on her arm. "When he was younger we thought he had ADHD, and put him of medication, but they only made him drowsy and lethargic. We tried cutting the dosage, but even half a pill just ruined who he was. The teacher liked him calmer, and she begged that Bradyn stay on the medication.... She even bribed the children into pestering him into taking it!"

Teyha pressed her lips together for a moment, feeling a slight bit of aggravation at the one sided story. "Bradyn was out of control." She told Leon softly. "He broke things around the house, he acted out in school, but I'd cover for him because either way, I'd get punished... We all would."

"That's enough!" Teyha's mom said sharply, frowning at the girl. "You acted out, you admitted to it then!"

"Because it'd be ten hits if I just said I did it, but countless waiting for Bradyn to admit he did wrong!" Teyha snapped back. "Something broke, you didn't know who did it, and everyone was punished until someone confessed. That doesn't make the guilty party step forward, just the one with the lowest pain tolerance, who wants it to be over!"

"Hush now." The mother growled, and Teyha leaned back, closing her moth obediently. She glared at Teyha a moment more before turning her attention back to Leon. "Teyha is a manipulative little brat." She told him. "She's blamed everything on Bradyn. She wants something, we say no, and then suddenly she's attacked and calls the police, it's her way to get what she wants."

"That's not true!" Teyha corrected desperately. "I tell them I need things to keep myself safe, and they refuse! Simple things... Like a door that closes and locks, since mine can just push open... A bathroom lock that works, since Bradyn broke it years ago... Curtains over the window...."

"If we give you locks then you'll never come out!" The mother fought back, glowering. "You'd hide away in that damn room all day and all night!"

Asuarah Garretson said:
James and John nodded as they received their command so to speak. "We will ahve to work and earn money, for we have none and we do not wish to steal. might it be alright if we work in your shop to earn such money?" James said and John nodded in agreement but turned to start gathering up 1-3 boxes at a time, loading them in the closet. Both of them were strong, but John was stronger than his brother.

"Hmm," Morgan thought as he paused in his doorway, "I don't see why not. I have a manager working downstairs right now. Her name is Caroline or something of the such. You should talk to her, as she actually sees to the day to day workings of the place. I'm sure she could find...something you two are capable of."

Looking back at his waiting screen, from which he realized he'd left a couple of comments left unanswered on his blog, he shrugged and reached for the door. "If she doesn't have something for you two, you'll have to venture out to find your own job, as I won't force her to make space for two people I just met. it wouldn't be right, I'm sure you understand. I am however, feeling quite generous at the moment," he continued, turning around with a sly grin on his face. "I'll give you the first month to get o your collective feets, and after that I'll consider charging you rent if you decide to stay here. Feel free to look for other places to call home, or you can take up my offer in a month. We'll discuss rent then. Until that happens," he chuckled as he turned, "I'll be taking my leave now." He stepped in and shut the door, effectively ending the conversation.

kikora said:
The mother simply shook her head at his comments, sighing softly. "My son has a social disorder." She said calmly, moving away from Teyha now, and the young girl took the chance to rub the sore spot on her arm. "When he was younger we thought he had ADHD, and put him of medication, but they only made him drowsy and lethargic. We tried cutting the dosage, but even half a pill just ruined who he was. The teacher liked him calmer, and she begged that Bradyn stay on the medication.... She even bribed the children into pestering him into taking it!"

Teyha pressed her lips together for a moment, feeling a slight bit of aggravation at the one sided story. "Bradyn was out of control." She told Leon softly. "He broke things around the house, he acted out in school, but I'd cover for him because either way, I'd get punished... We all would."

"That's enough!" Teyha's mom said sharply, frowning at the girl. "You acted out, you admitted to it then!"

"Because it'd be ten hits if I just said I did it, but countless waiting for Bradyn to admit he did wrong!" Teyha snapped back. "Something broke, you didn't know who did it, and everyone was punished until someone confessed. That doesn't make the guilty party step forward, just the one with the lowest pain tolerance, who wants it to be over!"

"Hush now." The mother growled, and Teyha leaned back, closing her moth obediently. She glared at Teyha a moment more before turning her attention back to Leon. "Teyha is a manipulative little brat." She told him. "She's blamed everything on Bradyn. She wants something, we say no, and then suddenly she's attacked and calls the police, it's her way to get what she wants."

"That's not true!" Teyha corrected desperately. "I tell them I need things to keep myself safe, and they refuse! Simple things... Like a door that closes and locks, since mine can just push open... A bathroom lock that works, since Bradyn broke it years ago... Curtains over the window...."

"If we give you locks then you'll never come out!" The mother fought back, glowering. "You'd hide away in that damn room all day and all night!"

"Oy oy," Leon grumbled, scratching the top of his head. It would be better to talk with this woman privately and gauge her reactions, but with Teyha setting her off at every step, it's proving difficult to figure out how to settle this.

"You truly seem to have a problem with both your children." A thought occurred to Leon as he considered the two words "problem" and "children" in the same thought. "It would seem, "he queried again, "that much of the problem you have is these two of yours having some sort of quarrel between them. Have you considered seperating them for a limited time to see if a solution would arise in the provided space?"

"I have suggested that." Teyha told Leon softly, leveling her mother a brief look as she glared back, a gaze that promised punishment in the future for what she was doing now.

"I cannot trust her." Teyha's mom growled, and sank into a chair, tapping the desk with a small wooden carving they bought some time ago. "She's a constant liar, she blames others for her actions, she is rude and stubborn. I am her mother, I have to raise her how I see fit. It is my job. And Bradyn has the mind of a five year old, he can't function on his own... Without me...."

"Bradyn is not a child." Teyha grumbled under her breath. "He's fooling you and you're falling for it." Teyha's mother let out a loud growl, and Teyha blinked, falling from her chair as the small wooden toy shot past where she had been sitting.

"Hush your mouth!" She snapped. "I am not afraid to punish you!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom