Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Modern vampire RP! Any gender partner's cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Somniloquist

Meteorite
First off--this thread's going to be dedicated to one character. I do not play him in separate timelines/universes/etc.. This means that the relationships, goals, abilities, etc., that he has will be spelled out here, and will not change for new RPs.

I've got this well-established character named Maxwell Garrington. He's based in a universe that started out with True Blood, customized a little, found some Supernatural basis, then customized a little more. Other influences include Vampire: The Masquerade, Let the Right One In, the Sookie Stackhouse book series (as opposed to the show. . .which I actually prefer. yes, I will die on that hill). There are probably others, but those are the ones I recognize. It's worth noting that I am exactly faithful to none of these influences, particularly where vampires are concerned, but if you like any (or none!) of the influences I use, you might like playing with me. I consider True Blood the main basis, as its social environment is what, in part, made me want to make a vampire in the first place.

Here is a giant reference sheet about vampires in the universe I use, if you're into that kind of thing. It's certainly not required reading, but I've met some people who like to know those details!

I have an in-depth profile for Maxwell here. Notice that I've set it up to display, mostly, what the general public is in a position to know about him. Max is something of a local celebrity, so it's really a good idea to read it!

Some quick things to know about him: He's dedicated to mainstreaming (living openly among humans) to a point where he greatly prefers human company.

While he drinks TruBlood in public situations and makes sure that he's seen buying it in stores, it's a kind of open secret that he regularly feeds from humans. Those he feeds from generally think well enough of him that they appreciate the importance of not blabbing about his experience in certain kinds of company, so he's maintained plausible deniability where it counts.

He was once employed at the college, teaching an elective creative writing course. He lost this job when Russel Edgington committed that terrorist act on TV and has been trying to get it back ever since. While some students refused to take the course - or take it seriously - on account of his being a vampire, those that remained speak highly of his passion, patience and effectiveness as a teacher.

His personality is very happy, charming and outgoing, as well as rather 'natural' when compared with other vampires. He no longer tries to pass himself off as human--doesn't breathe outside of speech, doesn't blink, what have you--but his body language and cultural engagement make him easy company for mortals.

He's pansexual and polyamorous. With his sexual appetite so closely linked to his need for blood, he no longer places much stock in the gender of his sexual partners. The vast, vast majority of his casual sexual encounters involve feeding; that is, seduction is his chosen method for procuring blood. He is extremely unlikely to have sex with someone outside of a romantic relationship unless he's feeding from them. He engages in multiple romantic relationships and, as of my writing this, is involved with two men. He was recently involved with a woman, as well, but whether their relationship has a future remains uncertain. He absolutely will not go exclusive with anyone, regardless of how much he loves them, so please bear that in mind. That said, his relationships remain extremely passionate; having multiple lovers does mean he regards any of them as disposable. They simply nurture different needs in him (for instance, one of the men he's with scoffs at romance but has wonderful sexual and humorous chemistry with him, while another deeply indulges his romantic side).

Unbeknownst to the general public, Max has a job among his own kind which calls for him to hide the magic usage of other vampires from said general public. The majority of these missions involve killing a beast that a vampire has made/captured/called for some purpose or another. He's also hunted down and (sometimes) destroyed magical/cursed items that vampires have tried to place in pawn shops and the like, as well as closing portals to other dimensions and other assorted weirdness. On the surface, this can resemble 'hunting' (in the Supernatural sense), for he often has to save mortals from runaway beasts and do away with the evidence.

Some RP desires/ideas/goals:

I always love playing with hunters, of the Supernatural persuasion. These are pretty straightforward, for those unfamiliar with the series. They're humans who hunt down supernatural creatures. They're uninvolved with any organization, government or otherwise, and are not paid for their efforts. This line of 'work' is generally undertaken after experiencing some trauma at the hands of a creature, or is passed down through families. Hunters can take an adversarial or friendly role in the RP. I particularly like scenarios in which Max wins a hunter who initially means to kill him over, though I can also go for a situation where this hunter captures him for some purpose or another, torture, etc.. Max is in a romantic relationship with Dean Winchester and, while he tries to keep it quiet for obvious reasons, Maxwell has not been quite so careful. This may lead to hunters trying to stand up for Dean's honor or whatever. Basically, if this comes into play, I'll drag Dean into it, if/when necessary. They're not registered here yet, but they can be. If you like my RPing/writing, you'll like theirs; we're more or less on par. Sexual content can be fine for an RP like this in general, but should not enter the picture in any kind of torture scene.

I'm also looking for someone to play a family member of someone on the school board. As I imagine most of these people are old, this is likely to be a grandchild, niece/nephew, what have you. They'd be enrolled at the college, preferably a model student--you know, "grandpa's favorite" or whatever. I'd prefer it if they lived in a fraternity or sorority house, because my idea for the RP involves the somewhat awkward experience of Max knocking on the door and having to ask after your character. He'll sit down and have a discussion with them in which he ultimately tries to convince them to butter up the board member, convince them to vote for Max's reinstatement in his position. While it's possibly ill-advised from an IC standpoint, sexual content is welcome enough in this RP. I've even considered the possibility of its being used in a coercive fashion, but that would depend highly on the execution. Basically, Max is pretty desperate to get his job back, but it's really not hard to get him to fuck, so approaching it as though your character expects it to humble him in some way probably won't fly. If that's not an angle you're interested in, disregard it--I don't need it. I do need to do an RP that helps Max get his job back, though!

I've had an idea, inspired by watching the film Martha Marcy May Marlene, of Maxwell helping a young woman who's escaped a cult lifestyle rehabilitate into mainstream society. She'll have escaped from somewhere in the mountains and, having no readily accessible friends or family to help, desperately dial a number at random, which happens to be Maxwell's. Max, while a vampire, is actually a pretty warm, helpful person who genuinely cares about human beings, so he'll let her live with him, help her get on her feet. Please note that, while I say 'cult', I am not in the mind of black cloaks and human sacrifice. More, they'll have a moral code and societal structure that is at odds with mainstream society, so they set up a commune in the mountains and aim to be self-sufficient. While sexual exploitation and abuse is almost certainly a part of this, I need a partner who can deal with these elements with maturity and realism. For example, she may have been taught that a woman's greatest expression of gratitude to a man is in sexual service, but this is not a belief that Maxwell will share, not one that he'll exploit; he'll turn down any such advances and teach her otherwise. I expect she'll also have rather gendered ideas of behavior, rights, position, etc.. The RP will focus on her being taught more modern, mainstream values, Max will likely help her secure schooling and work, etc.. It is likely that this will be a romantic and, ultimately, sexual RP, but please keep in mind that there will be no sex until Max is convinced she is well enough for it.

If you're one of those people who must play a supernatural character, the best bet for it is playing a fledgling vampire of Maxwell's magic-using breed. They'll have been orphaned or abandoned before learning very much about their abilities, possibly even their needs, restraint in feeding, etc.. Maxwell's sheriff, Carmelia, will foist this fledgling off on Maxwell, claiming that he'd always asked for a partner in his work. Congratulations, professor! Here's an apprentice! I've imagined this character as female in the past, but may be convinced otherwise. It's worth knowing that, at the moment, Maxwell does not regard other vampires as sexually appealing. I won't write off the possibility of sex in the future, but your character would probably need to take the most active interest in it.

As his profile mentions in passing, Maxwell needs humans living with him and providing him with blood. There are, presently, three to four free rooms (if he converts the attic) to choose from. He'll have posted ads around the campus, in public places, on the internet, etc., offering room and board with 'compensation negotiable'. Online, there will be pictures available of the property and rooms; he'll write the URL to the photo album on the flyers, as well as his email address and cell phone number. He'll do extensive research into your character online before inviting them over for a tour of the home, which is where our RP will start and where he'll explain the compensation. This will be an RP with sexual content starting fairly early on; whether it becomes a proper romance depends on how the characters get along.

More ideas are eagerly welcome!

General RP things to know:

My natural post size is somewhere between 700 and 1,300 words. I can go shorter or longer, but no less than about 200 words per post.

I require basic literacy of my partners. I don't regard this as elitism, but a practical desire. I have difficulty following posts that don't follow predictable sentence structure, spelling and so on. Grammar exists for a reason, you know? I appreciate that sometimes deviance from this is a stylistic choice, but let's be honest. . .I can recognize the difference.

I have a huge aversion to anime aesthetics in association with RP. I imagine all my RPs as live action and find it difficult to picture anime characters as anything but cartoons. This applies to unrealistic western-styled drawings as well. I'm a little less judgmental about it when it's obviously your own work, but I honestly just hate anime art, OK? It's a personal taste. Outside of RP, I can get behind some anime/manga artists (like Ai Yazawa and Hirohiko Araki), but again, let's be honest. . .these are not the artists most players use! I don't think I'd much like JoJo likenesses in RP anyhow, though. . .anyway. What I mean by this is, if you have anime displayed prominently on your profile or something, it'll start you out at a disadvantage. I'll quickly look for a high standard of writing and character development and probably scrutinize everything more than if you had a realistic art style or photographs to relate your character. That said, this isn't my only aesthetic bias; I'm also not much for conventional supermodel-style beauty, heavily photoshopped/airbrushed images, etc.. This isn't so much "you're a terrible person if you use these" as it is "I don't like these things and it will influence how I react to you". I'm aware that this isn't fair, but it would be unfair of me not to mention it. Whether I'm open about it or not, the bias is still there and I think people should be aware of it.

Sexual details can be found on my f-list, but some quick things to note:

Maxwell isn't a rapist, won't be a rapist, and won't simulate rape. He won't progress things sexually unless and until your character expresses interest. This doesn't mean he won't make advances, just that they'll be verbal and subtly suggestive, not groping, force, etc..

He's a very eager and enthusiastic partner, and this is the biggest defining characteristic of his sexuality.

All sexual situations in which he doesn't receive extensive prostate stimulation will require him to bite his partner to achieve orgasm.

That said, he is sometimes willing to perform sex in which he won't reach orgasm. This is usually for feeding purposes, eg eating out a woman to sweeten the deal before he feeds from her thigh. I've found that very few RPers are willing to play scenes like that, so I'd be interested in it, I think!

With regard to men, it's worth remembering that he finds performing fellatio very, very difficult, what with erect dicks being full of blood and all. He has shown himself to be capable of exercising restraint and performing admirably, but this must be a marked part of the RP. . .that is, there must be a theme of restraint in the encounter; he will not casually do it and will guide the encounter in other directions to avoid it. That said, when he does manage to perform fellatio, he's the most enthusiastic dick sucker you'll ever meet, because he's so fucking proud of himself for not biting the dude's dick off. It's actually kind of adorable, while being wildly explicit at the same time.

I think that's all for now. If you've read this and haven't been scared off, please contact me! You can send me a PM, reply to this thread, or contact me on any of the messaging services I use. I'm looking forward to any replies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom