Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Dungeons and Dragons!

Felixia_Luna

Supernova
Hello everybody, this is a interest check into a Dungeons and Dragon's RP group. I have campaigns I have written for real groups I have DM'ed before, hopefully giving me some credibility. Heh.

I don't want this to be a dice rolling adventure, because those are hard to handle on text, and rolls can be fudged and such. My idea was just to have a group of adventurers going out into the world I portray and have fun! I would be taking the roll of the GM and an actual player. Dealing with creatures and such would fall into my category, along with NPC's, and story if we want a structured environment.

If you have any questions feel free to ask and to also post interest! I really don't know what else to say at this point, because it is a general interest tester. I would like the group to be 5, not including me if able. The group needs to be able to atleast be able to post once a day, more is desired. However since I myself am still in school, I know the troubles that these demands place on a person, so I am obviously open to fudging times around in order to accommodate players.

Oh, I guess I need to also give the options of stories I have:

Evil campaign....name pretty much says it all. You are the bad guys and can do what you want. There is a story to get it started though...heh.

Skyrim Campaign...name also describes it well. It is more centered on neutral to good characters, and is heavily story driven, but there is still a lot of side stuff to be done.

Both have it's own character building modifications, since vanilla is boring. It would be D&D 3.5 also....so much variety lol.

ANYWAYS! Enough of my ramblings, post if interested, and if so, in which campaign!

Book restrictions: If you are looking into a book, ask first, because I have many many books, but I am missing most of the truly overpowered ones. You know there are many books, so putting a line is hard. It will be restricted to what I have in my possession.

Basic Restrictions: It has to make sense with the character's backstory, that is the main factor. I will throw yes/no's out there as I see fit also.

Starting Levels: I would need to think about that, or more correctly remember it. Skyrim was level 10, Evil...I do not remember, I need to find my notes.

Funds: 100 gold for Skyrim, but I had alot of stipulations that added gear to players. Evil, I need to find my notes.

I found some of my notes, but I apparently did not write down starting funds and starting level for the evil campaign.

BUTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT, I found the old character sheets. They were level 7 on the sheet, but if I remember right, that was due to them leveling up at least once, so starting level for the evil campaign will be lv 6.

As for funds...I would say between 50 and 100 gold, I would need to think about it.

It was to represent that the characters have just now actually started their adventuring lives, and such have not had the chance to secure the ungodly fortune that most adventures have at the end. Plus it adds a new level of difficulty to actually have players have to manage what they can get. Want that fancy plate armor? Well, I hope you like your main weapon being a dagger! It makes the players think about their build and how to orient them.

And to give myself some credit, I normally throw in easy money operations every now and then. Plus, its Dungeons and Dragons, you loot everything you kill.

True makes it more interesting. I do have a made sorcerer in mind for the evil campaign and a fighter for the skyrim campaign but will wait to see what is decided before making the character sheets

I dislike their way of doing gold, sorry. At sixth level, having the potential to have 2-3 magical items is a bit much. I would allow maybe a magic item at creation, which in itself would probably cost a chunk of change. Plus, in every D&D campaign I have ever been in, not a single player had more then 3k gold, and we were rocking level 15 and such.

I want realistic over fantasy when it comes to money. If it really is that much of an issue, I would kick starting to 100 gold, and the magical item.

And on magic, I have systems I can pull out to limit the magically effectiveness of spells. It's a lot easier to control spellcasters than what most people complain about.

It's not so much the magical items, it's more the cost of armour and weapons for the fighter compared to the spellcaster just burning some spells.

I don't care so much since this is a more free form version so balance issues aren't as important.

Do you have a setting in mind for the evil campaign? An evil version of Fantasy Venice would be interesting.

Actually I do. I will need to fiddle with it some to fit, but, essentially it is a large island. Think of the size of Australia, however it stretches in climate from tropical, to arid, to temperate. I lost the map (I looked for 10 mins to see if I could upload it....), so I would need to re-draw it or something. The island was just one part, and there were other continents, but my group never made it that far due to school getting in the way of the campaign. I would need to remake the settings, though thankfully I found all the major cities list and what was inside each of them. I also wrote out demographics for added depth.

Spellcasters will need the items to cast spells, that is a rule I will be enforcing, so no free-be fireballs...

Hmm, interesting.

Well I'll look to see what you have for a setting before I make my final decision on whether or not to join.

Also, to give the island more perspective, it took close to a month to travel from one end the other, if it was level. There were mountains, hills, deserts, forests, marshes, pretty much anything.

I have 3 major cities in my notes, each will detailed leaders and radically different architecture, and different shops/points of interest/etc in each. Each catered to a different feeling of evil, or just life in general. There were more than 3 I remember that, but I need to remake those as well. Tomorrow I will write up all the other cities, and perhaps make a map if I have the time in my classes.

I think I will do that by judging if your character has the skills (skill monkey''s OP) and by how difficult the task is. Refer to Skyrim on this basic, if you are trying to unlock a dresser, probably average, unlock a bank, hard as heck, unlock a peasant's door, more likely easy. Factors such as current situation, attention and focus to the task, and if it is rushed or not will also dictate what happens. Plus a little plot drama or twist is always keeps it fresh. :p

I think they were more interested in stat generation, 3d6 straight down, 4d6 drop low arrange to taste, point buy.

Ooooooh, those stats. I will make a character sheet tomorrow as well. As for creating the stats though, be honest guys, we all know we have bad luck on some rolls. I have always used the 4d6, drop lowest. If it is a tie for lowest, drop one of them. If a stat is like a 6 or below though, I will allow a reroll, but be honest guys. Low scores are meant to add flavor to a character, and to have them act different from the other characters. So what if your character is a klutz? It adds so many interesting possibilities in combat or when they are tasked to do something important!

Back
Top Bottom