Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Not sure what to call it...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Karameida

Sometimes a Dream, Sometimes a Nightmare
Ok, so a few times my Firefox has crashed and I've lost my posts that I was working on. I never thought much about it until this recent crash, I was working on a Post for a RP and when it opened back up I got this message : Can not upload file - Too large for php post_max_size directive. Please press the back button.

I've gotten that message every single time it's crashed. I thought it was weird that it would say that when another site I was on, it brought back what I was working on just fine. BMR is the only site that it does that... I'm not sure whats going on with it...

I use Mozilla Firefox, have Version 20.0.1

Odd. I've never seen that error before. I can suggest the program Lazarus, which is an extension for chrome and Firefox. It saves the text field so if the browser crashes, your text can be recovered with a mouse click. It's saved many hours of frustration for me.

Where do I download that? Searching it just gave me a bunch of biblical links.

Just so others can see it and to help you out, Kara:

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/search/?q=Lazarus&cat=1%2C0&appver=20.0&platform=windows

Yes! Sorry I didn't provide the link. I was writing from my phone earlier; it was hard enough to type that ^^ Thanks, Razgriz, for grabbing it.

Maybe something is attached to your message that in combination with your post, is too big for the forum? Like your sig? I'm not sure. Every PHPBB forum has info upload limits/post size options and perhaps a very long post in combo with the info in your sig was too much if the server got too busy?

Oh and you can either go to: http://sourceforge.net/projects/lazarus/ or google Lazarus software program download.

Karameida said:
Ok, so a few times my Firefox has crashed and I've lost my posts that I was working on. I never thought much about it until this recent crash, I was working on a Post for a RP and when it opened back up I got this message : Can not upload file - Too large for php post_max_size directive. Please press the back button.

I've gotten that message every single time it's crashed. I thought it was weird that it would say that when another site I was on, it brought back what I was working on just fine. BMR is the only site that it does that... I'm not sure whats going on with it...

I use Mozilla Firefox, have Version 20.0.1

Would have to have tweaked out in a rather special way to cause that - means your browser is telling the server it's sending more than 32 megabytes in a post message.

If it's just a temporary problem when it occurs, nothing I can do about it from my end - you may want to check your extensions though. Something might be doing something silly.

You won't necessarily see it elsewhere as it might not be configuredo n other sites' servers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom