Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Just checking (Dragonlance)

I've only read the original series (Dragons of Autumn, Winter, Spring), and the last two books of the Tales of the Twins. I know there are a lot more books beyond that, and a lot more time periods that the setting covers. I"m just not familiar with them.

Well i just read the original stories the first two twin books and the two early Raistlin chronicles. So we pretty much have the same experience with it. You up to rp with it?

Not opposed to it. Depends on just what the RP ends up looking like. I don't like to play established characters myself, so playing original chracters would be best for me.

hehe and here I didnt see this topic.. hehe I love Dragonlance.. and I have a few books.. I never got a chance to read the ones ARturus talks about.. but I read Search for power: War of souls, Dragons of Krynn, and Doom Brigade.

Well Ive never read those but I believe I know what they are all about Asuarah.

Well I didn't plan on using the established chars just the universe actually, and I kinda put this up on a whim so I never really had a plot laid out, so was there something in particular you were looking for?

Well, hmm. When I do fan based RPs I prefer two different tracks. One is the "From another point of view". In an example like this it'd be say, plaing out the War f the Lance from a group that is effected by the major events, at all the big battles perhaps, not the heroes though and might be a very different sort of team. In particular in War settings I often like do to the Common Infantryman type storyline. No legendary figures, no dragon lords, or epic level archmagi, etc for player characters. Gives a very different view of things and interesting in its own right, at least to me.

The second would be to avoid any preestablished stories at all and instead go with a new adventure. I'd prefer nothing so earth shattering that the fate of the group will determine the very shape of Krynn and the like. I like RPs with goals in particular. The "Sit around and talk everyday" type RPs get old for me. As long as there is some goal, som purpose out there to keep it moving forward rather than same ol' same ol' then I can keep going.

Even if I know that it could never be achieved.

For example in another RP I was in I was playing a genocidal warrior, seeking to save humanity by killing every single thing not human. And human by his definition as was handed down from his superiors. I knew I could never achieve it. At the very least because every other player, well, almost, in the RP was "Nonhuman" and they had strict "You can't kill my characters" plot armor rules.

But I could still cause a lot of trouble along the way. And knowing that, despite being destined to failure because I was the only person willing to let his character die or get maimed at all, was all I needed.

Probably. If I made a character it'd most likely be one of the men-at-arms attached to the Solamnic Knights.

Probably one of the old guard. No real strong feelings about it either way, depends on what hooks I get in my character and how I want him to play out.

I was thinking a cocky knight that has a few problems with authority, and wants to do what he thinks is the best move, so has remained in the crown instead of being able to move up.

I could probably play his left hand man, or so. A footman who has served through a few expeditions with him. Not a knight though, no lands, titles, or anything that would make him a knight. Probably someone that can play as the knight's strongarm as needed. The Caramon to his Sturm, if you gather what I mean.

If it's Solamnic Knights, the first battle in the war that really leaps to mind that could have them involved would be the Siege at the High Clerist's tower. Though I do believe I recall offhandedly mentions of the Knights getting pushed around in the northlands before that point but the stories really didn't cover it. Least not that I saw.

I like groups. *shrug* easier to keep an RP going, especially one with plots and goals, with more people.

Back
Top Bottom