Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Your darkest dreams.(katie/cheerio)

cheerio_cherry

Supernova
Erik had always been a pensieve man and he had been angrier still since Christine left. He had taken pity on the girl due to her wide eyed fear and sad tears. Now he walked alone around his cavern, hoping for someone to come, the girl who had rescued him, anyone he knew. Anyone he could trust. His anger left him in a raw shout and he huffed for breath his scream of anger still echoing. He had stopped as he heard a whimper, looking around.

Nobody was there. Nobody was ever there. He had cursed to himself and strode away to throw his mask aside, angry and clearly wishing he had something or someone he could do or talk to. He didn't much care which right now. His music was soon echoing in the cave and he was singing softly, angrily to himself. His words softened towards the end and he collapsed forwards with a yell of frustration.

"Even my MUSIC has left me."

The words echoed and he threw himself back off his seat, lying still on the floor, exhaustion and anger drawing angry and hurting whimpers and snuffles from him. Tears he had thought he could never cry.

There was an eerie silence throughout the entire opera house. Ever since the fire people living in the old building had been able to sleep peacefully, completely ignorant of the truth Meg had kept to herself. Deep inside the caverns of the cave Erik had been standing there with a blank expression, and Meg had hid him inside a limestone shelter so that he would be safe. Surely the men of the mob had mistaken an old skeleton for his body, because everyone sworn they had burned him to the bone. And now the Phantom was believed to be dead, and everyone felt safe.

Meg, on the other hand, knew the truth. She knew Christine's tutor was still alive, even if his quality of life wasn't as grand as other person. He seemed to be living in a spiraling hole of anger. Every time Meg went down the dark corridor she was currently in his yells reached her ears, and she turned around in fear. But now the young blonde was determined to check on him and make sure he was still over the bar of complete insanity.

The small female sneaked down the tight hallway until it opened up to the large stream that would lead to his musical paradise. Straightening her feet she walked against a thin line of cobblestones until she reached the opening of the grotto. It was then she heard a loud yell, and Meg jumped back. "Oh!" She gasped, before hurrying up a line of stairs to see the Phantom on the floor, obviously frustrated. "S-sir?" The young lady asked quietly. Her nimble fingers pulled strands of hair out of her face and straightened out her dress. "Are you alright?"

The sound of a light and trembling voice drew him up a little and he sat up slowly, looking over at the girl, knowing she was frightened. He was always rude to the poor child and she had rescued him. Now he turned a soft gaze to her, tears clear in his eyes, his words soft. "Did I frighten you?" His words were kind and he rose a little, aware that she was still trembling with fear, he shifted to stand, moving to get closer to the girl. She was small, and delicate. He could see she was worried and knelt quietly at her feet.

She was a beauty. Even in his state he could see that. He hadn't meant to frighten her so much, he had only meant to vent his frustration. Now he reached to gently take her hand, kissing it with soft lips, his eyes raised to hers again as he did so, wanting to keep her from panic. "I'm sorry child."

His voice remained soft. "She was your friend... wasn't she?" His questioning was quiet and he spoke kindly enough for now, knowing his roughness with Christine had frightened her away and that now he had a second chance he was to be gentler with the girl.

Meg looked at the man with a frightened face even when he spoke softly. The air about him had changed so dramatically that it was in fact scary. The small female nibbled on her lip nervously as he came closer to her so that he knelt at her feet. His kiss on her hand made goosebumps form on her arms, and her cheeks turned a bright shade of pink. "I just... I'm a bit jumpy is all." Her voice was soft and kind, despite the fear that still remained embedded in her eyes. An awkward smile twitched across her face as she tried to reassure him that he wasn't scaring her, even if he was.

A heavy sigh escaped the girl at the mentioning of Christine. "Oh, Christine was like a sister to me... We were more than just friends..." Meg's voice trailed off as her eyes glanced across the large grotto. It was odd how she spoke of Christine, as if she were dead. In truth Meg had seen her only a week ago at her wedding, at which she had be maid of honor. Of course, she was going to keep those memories to herself to keep Erik from being upset. The blonde pulled on his hands until she was able to make him stand. At that point he stood almost a foot taller than her, but Meg kept her upper lip strong. "So, how are you holding up?" The girl asked, even though it obviously wasn't good.

Meg's words had drawn a smile to his lips and he felt himself smile slightly. She was a gentle girl and he could tell that she cared greatly for him despite her fear. She was certainly different from Christine and he found that he liked her all the more for it. He had let her pull on him until he was standing, she didn't seem afraid of his height where most would likely have been scared and she was caring in a whole different way. "It's... getting easier." That was a lie, although he could feel that he was growing caring towards this girl.

"Do you miss her?"

His next words came softly and he couldn't help seeing her in a new light. A girl missing her friend.

"I..."

His words trailed off before he spoke quietly.

"I do... I miss having someone around."

Back
Top Bottom