Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Is there no UNDO in the text fields?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crescent

Super-Earth
My greatest asset to all things computer does not seem to work with these forums. Does anyone else have issues with CTRL+Z here? I am on a Macbook, so I use MAC_KEY+Z, but it does nothing. Oddly enough, it seems to work just fine in the Thread Subject field, just not the body field.

Fellow mac user!!! Anyway, I use the same function as you and it seems to work just fine for me on this forum. What macbook do you use? I have a MacBook Pro that I purchased about 3 years ago now. It runs Mac OS X version 10.6.8. As for browsers, though I loooove Safari, I find it doesn't always work as well as I'd like for this place, so I stick to Firefox (it's a tad slower) and I have the most updated version of that.

With our mac powers combined......!

Oh, ummm....so yeah! It seems to be Safari. I just tried it out on Firefox and that works just fine. I'm also running 10.6.8 on a 7-year old Pro. I also am a Safari fan, but it seems like Firefox wins this round.

Thanks for the quick reply (and insight of course),
-Crescent

Hehehe!!! XD Combined we... we WIN! XD

Yeah. I adore Safari, but it just doesn't work properly here so I've learned. So, Firefox is my winner and what I stick to as a result. :)

And.... you are quite welcome. Glad to be able to help. woot!

Huh...you know, I'd been wondering about this. I'm running Windows and IE (yeah yeah I know, I'm a terrible person), and control+Z has never worked for me in a text field either (but I just tried it in the subject field and that works. Huh.) I always thought that was just the forum not having the functionality built in or something...

PsionicCuttlefish said:
Huh...you know, I'd been wondering about this. I'm running Windows and IE (yeah yeah I know, I'm a terrible person), and control+Z has never worked for me in a text field either (but I just tried it in the subject field and that works. Huh.) I always thought that was just the forum not having the functionality built in or something...

You are a terrible person. But allow me to shed some technological insight into the situation.

The text field used for the message text is different than the subject box. The subject box is simply a text box, no color options, bold, italics, or underline, alignments or hyperlinks. Thus, it is easy for a simple browser like Safari or IE to ignore it and not link the CTRL-Z option to undo in these advanced scripts. However Firefox, which is an advanced browser much like a Chrome/IE love-child, uses keyboard links all the time, to aid users in browsing faster.

Hope I cleared this up and didn't confuse you, lol

S

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom