Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

D&D One on One: Conflict for Knowledge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Through twists and turns Rider leads Altrain, and he barely manages to keep her in view. Eventually, she rides through a gate leading into a large mansion. It's far more grandiose than Reina's, and seems to be more gaudy than impressive.

(Okay.. if hide is still in place.. guess it's time for incognito rolls... Move silently-nat 20, jump 21, run 32, balance 21, tumble 19, climb 28, spot 19, listen 19, sense motive 24, search 20, survival 17, knowledge arcana-nat 20.)

Altrain stealthily enters the mansion, managing to not get caught. Voices up the massive stairs can be heard. "I'd like to see proof that he's alive and well. Like usual." Rider's voice states. "Fine, fine. Go talk to the prisoner, Servant. But no tricks..." A female voice says in response.

The Saber kept his cool as best he could, noticing he hadn't seen or sensed Archer... He could only pray things would go according to plan. He decided to stay put for a few moments, but after that he would try and make his move.

"See, he's still alive- wait, ward breach. Looks like you'll-" Glass shatters and the thud of a couple hundred pounds smashing into the floor is heard. "Take the old guy out of here, Rider. Caster's mine." Archer's voice calls out.

The Saber smiled and ran to the sounds. "Archer--I'll help these two to safety then I'll go for the Master- Sound good?"

"Great. I thought you said no one would get through the front gate Caster." A sardonic tone in Caster's Master's voice. "I told you, wards were not my specialty." Caster replies, raising her hands in an arcane gesture. "Battle spells are."

"Sounds good to me." Archer replies. Rider has already jumped out the window, her Master's father in her arms. Archer has a chain weapon in his hands, which is recoiling into a spear. "I've got issues with manipulative bitches. You're not escaping again." Archer says to Caster, a look of contempt on his face.

figuring that Rider had this under control, given her speed being and riding, The stepped right in for Caster's master. "Say Goodbye, you lechoreous WHELP!" He roared.

(Init 30, if he goes first; move in to attack the Master, swings adamatine bastard sword, activates belt of battle for another full round action and another three hits. (crit (40), 35, 29, crit (30) if all attacks hit, 60 damage. he also has to make 2 23 fort saves or die instantly

Initiative
Altrain
Archer
Caster's Master
Caster

(BGM: Castlevania Symphony of the Night: Festival of Servants)

The slashes cut through the mage's form, and it crumples... Only to get back up, with no sign of damage. "Illusions are very useful." Caster's Master says, her voice coming from nowhere.

Archer thrusts his spear forward, hitting only once out of three times. But when it hits, it latches onto Caster, and white energy flows along it from Caster to Archer.

Caster's Master (CM from now on) launches an Orb of Force, which connects but does nothing to Altrain.

Caster gathers iridescent energy, despite the pain, and then launches it at Archer. "Nova Flame." She chants in Elvish. Archer ducks the sphere, but both Archer and Altrain are caught in the following explosion. CM shrieks, "Be careful!"

Archer Damage: 45

Explosion Damage: Reflex Save DC 29. 45 if failed Reflex save, 22 if successful Reflex save.

(Trajectory of Orb of force? What so I have to roll to possibly get that?)

Altrain takes the blow and smiles, despite the pain, chuckling. "You really think that will be enough to kill me, wretch?" He closed in to Caster, Swinging hard. (Natural 20. Has vorpal and the 23 fort save, But I assume she may have a power against it. if so, still 30 damage)

Caster's golden gauntlet glows, and an instant kill is turned into a ghastly slash. Archer dismisses the spear to summon his sword, and swings it down with glowing energy. "Saber Crush!" The blade smashes into Caster. An explosion erupts from the connection, blasting Caster through the wall behind her. Caster flips and lands on her feet, drawing a ancient, eldritch hammer. CM can be heard chanting. A ray of gray light strikes Altrain. Caster begins her on chant, soft violet light surrounding her.

Caster Damage: 158, healed 54, 104 damage

Finger of Death: 26 Fort Save, 20 HP if successful.

(Fort successful.)
Altrain looks at the manipulative Servant and sighs. "Your Master is a coward... Won't even face his crimes... You know, in my world, he would have been the first I killed. In my world.. My reality, I lost everything to people like him.. I admit it hurts a bit to take you down first, instead of going straight for him.." He continues as he moves toward her, raising his blade. "I'd like to assume you were just his pawn... If so.. Forgive me for this." (Crit, 40- 23 fort save or die, 56 damage)

Just before Altrain's blade decapitates Caster, she teleports 10 feet away from the blow. Caster smirks a little. "Shard Storm!" A ball of crystalline ice is hurled in-between Altrain and Archer, which then promptly shatters into a multitude of jagged shards. Archer, in an incredible feat of agility, manages to dodge every single one that nears him.

Archer snarls and launches his chain-spear again, but Caster manages to dodge it. The spear digs into the wall behind Caster. Archer pulls the chain, and rips a huge chunk of the wall off, almost smacking Caster with it.

CM's chant ends, and Caster begins to glow a rainbow of colors.

Shard Storm: Reflex Save 29, 99 if failed, 49 if successful.

Caster Damage: 104

(Reflex 23)
The Saber growled as he THREW his sword at caster as hard as he could, blade hurling straight toward her despite his bombardment.

(Vorpal Sword toss?- Natural 20. decapitation and a 23 fort save to save from being turned to ash.)

Just before the blade slices her head off, Caster teleports 10 feet away from the sword. The blade sinks into the wall, it's hilt barely able to be grasped. Caster chants "Plasma Burst!", and a sphere a tightly contained lightning appears in her hands. She launches this at Altrain, and the sphere expands as it flies towards Altrain.

Archer dismisses his chain-spear and summons his gun. He fires three plasma blasts at Caster, but only the second hits.

CM begins chanting again, and Caster begins to glow a soft white.

Plasma Burst: Reflex 29, 96 if failed, 48 if successful

Altrain Damage: 99

Failed- Altrain Dies... Only to stand up once more, as if it never happened. "Ah ah ah... You thought I'd go down that easily?"

(Natural 20 listen check for CM's location before acting)

"I see. Multiple lives..." CM mutters to herself. Altrain can tell she's about 20 feet behind Caster and 15 feet to (from Altrain's perspective) the right from Caster.

Archer rushes forward, dismissing his gun and summoning his blade, which glows with barely contained power. He slams it down where Caster was standing, barely missing her as she teleports 10 feet away. "You can't do that all day, but I can fight all week!" He roars.

CM begins to chant again, readying another spell of some kind...

Altrain Damage: 1 life

Altrain moved toward CM's voice and thrusting out his hand for an attempt to grapple.

(Str check if needed, nat 20, BAB check 28)

Altrain grabs CM, catching her by complete surprise. She futilely tries to escape his grip.

Archer slashes his blade three times while stepping closer to Caster, a wave of lightning leaving his blade each time. Caster manages to dodge each one.

Caster holds up an ornate crystal dagger and an ebony scimitar on fire. "Withstand this!" She yells as the crystal dagger glows, and the flames of the scimitar burn brighter. A piercing cry rings out as the dagger is stabbed forward at Altrain, while the ebony scimitar slashes the ground, causing a wave of fire to lash out at Archer. Archer gets caught by the flames.

Keening: DC 29 Fort Save, Stun for 1d4 rounds and 62 sonic damage if failed, 31 sonic damage if successful.

Archer: 111
Caster: 99
Altrain: 1 life

(Natural 20 fort, so it would have been made either way.. Rolled a 21 dex and a 24 str roll to mantain grapple and use the master as a meat shield. Any chance I can make a roll to break CM's neck?)

Altrain pins CM, but CM desperately breaks free of the pin.

Archer rushes forward, blade held high and glowing with power. He slams it done on Caster, only for it to be deflected by a Shield of force. It blasts a hole in the floor.

Caster swings the ebony scimitar, striking Archer as it flares up. It cuts through his armor, slashing him widely.

Archer Damage: 163
Caster Damage: 99
Altrain Damage: 1 life, 31

The saber moved in for another grab, desperate. (23 str roll.) "ARCHER! Don't worry about me, run it through her Master!"

Archer rushes past Caster with blurring speed, raising his blade high and ignoring Caster's desperate attacks. "Saber Crush!" He cries as he slams the blade down on CM. The burst of energy blasts Both Altrain and CM with power, fire, and lightning. Bloodied, and with possibly broken bones, CM manages to say, "Free me and escape." Caster glows with a rainbow of energy, and vanishes for a moment. When she reappears, she's surrounded by 12 fist-sized golden spheres, shining with barely repressed power. "Release her, or everything in a mile dies." Caster states, utter certainty in her voice.

(You aren't gonna believe this.)

Natural 20 grapple to break Cm's Neck, Great Cleave to step into the range of Caster, 23 grapple check in attempt to break concentration on magic, if she can even hold the magic with CM death.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom