Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Niafol Underworld Game

Status
Not open for further replies.
"I'm Zane! Zane Coulter!" The man on the floor says.

Leon comes up behind Lucas and stares at Zane. "You're also, at the very least, going to be locked up for a long time. Accessory to murder and performing black arts is a lifetime sentence, minimum." The raw contempt in his voice is unnerving.

Tina has managed to recover and clean her face.

"I think death is a better punishment....hehe....." Lucas says and smiles with a psychotic look on his face. "May I kill him?"

Leon stares a moment, then shrugs. "Sure."

"Wait! I know where Gunderam's going!" Zane calls out.

Leon moves past Lucas to step Zane's arm. He draws his pistol and points it at Zane's head. "Where?" If the contempt of before was acidic, this word is stated with the ice of the void.

"Larina Bradwell's place! He hides out with her from time to time." Zane says, moving as little as possible.

Leon is as still as a statue for a few moments. "Tina... Cuff'em." Zane is about to speak when Leon cuts through it with the same cold tone. "Don't thank me. You're likely to get the electric chair, or worse, Jeweled Displacement." Zane stares, horrified at the last. Tina cuffs Zane, while Leon looks... tired, worn. "Come on, let's get out of here. Gotta find this Larina."

"Ah what a shame... and I was going to give him a long painful death. This guy better not be lying though."

"Jeweled Displacement will be worse than dying, especially if it lasts longer than a year." Leon says, focusing on his new task of finding Larina Bradwell.

Tina doesn't comment. She's tired, and Jeweled Displacement makes her uneasy. Extremely uneasy...

"It's the forced separation of a mage from their magic, and after a year it's impossible to recover. They'll never be able to use magic again. Their magic is stored in jewels, hence the term. Normally, a jewel can be empowered over time, or by someone placing their dying energies in it. A family Deathjewel is a valuable and powerful tool. This forces it on them while they're alive." Leon says.

Tina adds, "It's said to feel like forever missing a piece of your soul."

"Eh I think death is a better punishment. But what do I know anyway? After all I'm not a caster so I wouldn't know too much about Jeweled Displacement. But anyway no time to waste. Lets get going."

"Right." Leon says.

The trio reach downstairs, where the SSLE are already taking the last of the arrested into vehicles, and crime scene investigators are already researching. A detective, presumably the lead one on the case, walks over. (SSLE stands for Supernatural Subdivision of Law Enforcement.)

"So, what's the damage?" The detective asks. "Werewolf gang and a black arts practitioner. Might want to warn the others there's a ritual sacrifice upstairs." Leon replies. "Christ... There goes my easy dreams. Do I wanna ask?" Leon shrugs. "Not a big deal, some kind of demon. Zane Coulter here," nudging the shocked caster with his leg, "Would know more." The detective's eyes narrow. "I see. Did you grab the boss?" Leon shakes his head. "Not yet. Gonna go read'em his rights though." The detective nods. "And these two...?" The detective asks, pointing at Lucas and Brian.

"They're with us. Local experts." Leon replies. The detective shrugs. "Alright. Your case anyway, according to the fax from the Fed Head. I'm just the local liaison. Name's Hunter Corian. Ring me if you need anything." Leon nods, and heads the way out.

"Hmm so are we done here or what? Cause I know you guys are the FBI and all but do you still need us to come with you? Not saying I don't want to actually I'd be more than happy to help but It just seems like finding this guy is all work strictly for the FBI. Your call Leon you need my help?"

"We're done here, but it shouldn't take more than 5 minutes to find Larina Bradwell. You're welcome to come with us or head home. Either way, this night isn't over for us." Leon says. Tina nods in agreement as they head out to their car, Tina already working on her wearable computer.

"Alright. Feel free to hop in the back. Don't mind the bars, and the shotgun's unloaded." Leon says. Tina is unresponsive for the next couple of minutes, so Leon tries some small talk. "So, what did you do before the shit hit the fan? Didn't really read the file they had on you, was more concerned about the crime scene details. There was something odd about them..."

"The day I killed the agent? Well.... It was on that night when I was at a small diner. The thing was I was simply minding my own business and The agent I had killed went to the restroom. The thing was once the door shut to the restroom that's when it hit me. That loud sound from the door shutting is when it all triggered. I felt like something was slowly consuming me my mind just went blank. I couldn't see what was happening but once I got my vision back I saw myself on top of the agent. I was covered in blood and it wasn't only his blood it was mine as well. I carved some sort of symbol into my arm" Lucas rolls up his sleeve and shows Leon his arm. On his arm there was a scar from him carving into himself of a twin headed snake creature. "I don't know what this means but I'm telling you this. There is no way in hell I could carve something like that into myself so detailed." Lucas sighs "Why the hell did this have to happen to me? Why me?" He said In a sort of a sad voice. "Ah whatever no need to get upset about it. What I should do is focus on finding what did this to me."

"A twin-headed snake... usually a sigil of a dark arts practitioner, referencing a three headed snake that has lost it's Negativity, leaving Cunning and Ambition." Leon said in a contemplative voice. He had run across it before, but not on a victim of Mind Control. This hinted at a Mental Domination caster, not something he dealt with too often. Tina had more experience with them. He tended to do infiltration and takedown, nonlethal and lethal. "Did you notice anyone, or anything out of place anytime before the killing?"

"I can't recall... I actually wanted to stop by the diner to search for clues. The only thing strange that I remember was a homeless man screaming something about the devil outside the diner but I didn't pay too much attention to it because I thought the man was insane."

Leon nods. "Once we get a chance, we will. But at the moment, we've got a limited time window to catch Gunderam before he fades into the shadows."

"Speaking of which, I've got the location of Larina Bradwell's place." Tina interrupts. It had been rather annoying to go through the protocols. And computers were not her forte. "Just follow my directions, and we'll get there in ten minutes." Tina states.

Leon nods, and gets the car moving, following Tina's directions. Eventually, the trio finds themselves outside a small manor. "Looks like some rich girl. 20 bucks says she's at least an ex, 50 on her being Gunderam's current girlfriend." "No bet." Tina replies.

"I'll take your bet for 50 bucks. I could see this girl being Gunderam's girlfriend." Lucas says

An explosion coming from the manor interrupts the banter. Leon is already up and moving out of the car, Tina shortly behind after unlocking the back for Lucas. "Looks like somebody beat us." Leon comments, already moving towards the manor door with a pistol drawn. Tina is holding her staff, quickly muttering low-powered Shield and Armor spells. "But who?" She asks when she's done.

Lucas gets out of the car and draws his rapier and smallsword and runs along with Tina and Leon. "I don't know who it is but lets go in there and find out." Lucas replies as he waits for Leon to give the call for them to enter the manor.

(Ah, before I forget. 2 Character Points for the previous fight.)

The door to the manor looks normal at a distant glance. A close-up allows someone to realize the door was smashed open, before it was closed again. Leon kicks the door open, seeing no point in being subtle with explosions around. The inside is a mess. It looks like someone was swinging a heavy object around, from the cracks and craters surround the bodies on the ground. A quick check reveals that the ones with their heads still... unsmushed... are just unconscious. Which is likely a good thing, since they are heavily bruised at the least, or multiple broken bones at the worst.

"Somebody's been busy." Tina comments once she's down checking on people.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom