Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Favorite anime

Hmm, there's a few that I can say are my favorites. There's Jojo's Bizarre Adventures, just stupidly over-the-top fun. Dragonball Z would be another one of my favorites, it got me into anime to begin with and I still go back and watch it from time to time. One of my more recent favorites is the first season of Psycho-Pass. I had a ton of fun watching it, putting me on the edge of my seat multiple times, wanting to see more. And I don't dare talk about the recent second season, and how horribly stupid it was. And lastly, more of a guilty pleasure, Date A Live. I know it's kinda cheesy, but something about it makes me really enjoy it, having fun watching it multiple times.

Claymore
Iron Fortress of Kabaneri
Pumpkin Scissors
Freezing
Chobits
Great Teacher Onizuka

FB_IMG_1566522489966.jpg
Saint seiya
Lost canvas
City Hunter

Cowboy bebop
Ulysses 31
Evangelion
Sailor moon
Ai no kusabi
Owari no seraph

Angel's Egg
Code Geass
Banana Fish

Yu Yu Hakusho
👉💥
original.gif

Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso (Your lie in April) Everything I could say about it, would be a spoiler but damn, that one got me good.
Kisejuu: Sei no Kakuritsu (Parasite) Hilarious and gory at the same time, great idea and great story.

Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso (Your lie in April) Everything I could say about it, would be a spoiler but damn, that one got me good.
Kisejuu: Sei no Kakuritsu (Parasite) Hilarious and gory at the same time, great idea and great story.

I delayed watching Your lie in April for years knowing it'd make me cry. Finally watched last year -- fucking wrecked. But such a gorgeous series.

Parasyte~ (The series) AND
Tokyo Ghoul
Boku No Hero Academia is currently my major favorite.
One Punch Man obviously (Manga's good so far too)

"Orange" is another favorite anime that comes to mind that emotionally destroyed me but is fucking beautiful and I think should be watched by more. Though fair warning there is a suicide, which is basically what the entire series is revolved around without spoiling too much.
orange.jpg

There are obviously many amazing anime and I can only speak for myself. Pound for pound, Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood is the best anime of all time. My personal favorite? Probably Bleach.

Overlord - Done rewatched seasons a few times already. One of few animes I have rewatched. Actually, the Light Novel is great too as there is a lot of stuff in it that the anime leaves out(characters and minor events.)
Re:Zero - Another great series, looking forward to next coming season.
Grimgar - Interesting series as well, I enjoyed the character reactions and development though as it focuses bit more there than anything else.
Vinland Saga - Welp, great anime. Though I was familiar with Vinland Saga during its manga days and was surprised it finally got an anime. Who doesn't love good Viking anime focused on character growth and development? Hoping to another season as the anime only adapts to the first four volumes of the manga; and the manga itself has a lot more volumes than that(twenty-three I believe to be exact at this moment of posting.)

Sort of a generic answer, but Baccano will never not entertain me. Kekkai Sensen is also one I can never seem to get out of my head.

Yu Yu Hakusho
👉💥
original.gif
This. Dark Tournament Saga is amazing. Could never finish the series after that; that was a hard arc to top.

Dragon Ball Z to the end of Cell Saga is also really up there in terms of storytelling and payoff. Buu Saga is a serious quality decline and Toriyama clearly stopped giving a fuck there. Not Super like everyone thinks. But Super is pretty mediocre, too.

Action - Berserk (Enough said)
Adventure - Dragon Ball (Come on, it is Ode to greatest adventure of all time)
Gaming - Kakeguriu (SP?)
Horror - Parasyte
Isekai - Overlord
Magic - Fairy Tale
Martial Arts - Strongest Disciple Kenichi (Think is spelling, too lazy to goggle)
Mech - Code Geass
Military - Tanya the Evil
Mystery - Umineko: When They Cry
Parody - Gintama (That is nothing but parody. It parodies parodies. Pardoception.)
Police - Ghost in Shell
Psychological - Re:Zero
Racing - Initial D
Romance - Familiar of Zero (I guess, even though LN and Anime differ greatly to noticeable extent if we compare FMA with FMA Brotherhood; not to mention we will never know the true ending to Familiar of Zero since the creator died around V20 of LN.)
Sci-Fi - Cowboy Bebop
School - Food Wars
Space - Legend of the Galactic Heroes
Sports - Baby Steps
Vampire - Hellsing (I mean, it is the only vampire anime. 'But, Taz, there are other vampire animes.' ....But Hellsing is the only one? ;/ )

Back
Top Bottom