Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

PM Limits...HELP!

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I'm getting this message saying I've met my limit on PMs
But I have cleared out hundreds of my PMs so why is it still showing this and blocking me from getting more?

KissingFrogs85 said:
But I have cleared out hundreds of my PMs so why is it still showing this and blocking me from getting more?

I'm getting this PM limit message as well, and when I tried to send a PM it said that the person I was sending the message to was over their limit.

Because there is a PM Cap. People need to clean out their PM Boxes and then they'll be fine. Cap is at 1000. The announcement for this was first made WAYYYY back in February that it would be coming on March 1st (we've just had to delay things for outside reasons). The announcement has been made several times over to warn you all. And it is even in HUGE BOLD RED LETTERS in the rules section as a further reminder. So, just clean things out and you'll be fine. This is all interim until we are able to co-locate servers. And the reason for this is to help ease the load on the current serve and to hopefully help alleviate some of the glitches we're experiencing to some degree.

I am getting the same message but as I delete the messages the number in my inbox is not going down any suggestions please?

bluespark said:
I am getting the same message but as I delete the messages the number in my inbox is not going down any suggestions please?
When you delete, it gets sent to your trash bin. You have to empty the trash bin, then it's gone forever.

Same with sent items and received, you then go into your trash to get rid of them.

One useful tip is 'managing' your folders and deleting what is inside of them. Fast and simple

Mifune said:
I can't seem to delete fast enough. It's never ending!

Go to the 'manage folders' part of your PM. You should see it when you're looking over at the folders: sent, inbox, trash, etc.

If you wanted to keep your PMs, then you should've copied them onto a Microsoft Word document. :(

That's what I would've done, but they're just PMs to me, and if one is very, very important, and if it's only one PM, then I would keep it forever. ^-^

Eh, I've had only one PM rp that actually keeps me still aroused. *sigh* That girl I RPed with....WOW <3

Chartown said:
KissingFrogs85 said:

I'm getting this PM limit message as well, and when I tried to send a PM it said that the person I was sending the message to was over their limit.

Me too! On both issues!

darkangel76 said:
Because there is a PM Cap. People need to clean out their PM Boxes and then they'll be fine. Cap is at 1000. The announcement for this was first made WAYYYY back in February that it would be coming on March 1st (we've just had to delay things for outside reasons). The announcement has been made several times over to warn you all. And it is even in HUGE BOLD RED LETTERS in the rules section as a further reminder. So, just clean things out and you'll be fine. This is all interim until we are able to co-locate servers. And the reason for this is to help ease the load on the current serve and to hopefully help alleviate some of the glitches we're experiencing to some degree.
Yes, but when we try to delete them from the trash can, it doesn't work. The system has a bug that needs to be addressed.

Rea said:
bluespark said:
When you delete, it gets sent to your trash bin. You have to empty the trash bin, then it's gone forever.
Not in my case. It empties, but then they come right back. There is a bug that needs to be fixed.

I've deleted everything older than thirty days and while I was exporting them it froze and I lost all the info from them. But its still telling me I've reached my limit but I only have a few pages. Help?

sparrowluvr2 said:
I've deleted everything older than thirty days and while I was exporting them it froze and I lost all the info from them. But its still telling me I've reached my limit but I only have a few pages. Help?

Did you look into the trash to delete them? your 'total' of your PM should be under 1000.

To make it quick, I suggest going to 'manage folders' to do a quick deletion of all of them at the same time.

Well I think they are saying it includes the copy's of the pms that you send out that are automatically saved and I am going to try and see how that works because I did clean out my PM box as well all the way down to less then 250 and it says I am over the limit. If this does not work ill let everyone know.

You have to also empty out your trash. I do believe your trash empties out on its own after a time. But given the situation, people will have to do it manually until things are better distributed within their PM boxes. Basically, people are going to have to make sure to clean things out every so often and keep in mind that it takes a bit for the trash to up and delete. To expedite, just go to 'manage folders' and delete the contents within the trash folder in its entirety.

Ok that did the trick everyone, It is not just your received PM's but EVERYTHING that is under your inbox, so that means, inbox, sent items, trash and any other folders that you my have made and stored stuff in. So after you clean those folders out everything should be fine.

sparrowluvr2 said:
I've cleaned the trash and everything else out and it still says I'm over.
Do you have PM's in any other (custom made) folder? Did you clean out your sent box, too?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom