Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

New Page Technical Bug?

Status
Not open for further replies.

butterfly0408

Singularity
Hi there. My writing partner and I are having some kind of odd technical issue in one of our topics and seeking both help as well as bring the bug to staff's attention.

We have multiple topics together and this is the only topic it does it in. Every time we get to the point that a new page is starting, it takes sometimes two or three times posting before the page will start, and it ends up with double and sometimes triple posts at the top of every new page. It was not a problem at first as we simply had to post once to get the start of the page to appear, but it's getting worse and worse to the point it takes up sometimes three additional posts per page to get the next reply to appear.

Is this a known issue and is there any way to fix it would moving into a new topic? We would like to keep everything in the same topic if we can. Thank you.

Oh! The topic in question is located here: http://bluemoonroleplaying.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=36654

This is a bug that has cropped up before, mainly in GD and it seems to be occurring in the larger threads (ie, threads with a larger post count). Why this happens? I have no idea as I'm not a coder. It's been reported to have occurred in about 2 or so different threads and this is the first time it has cropped up in an actual RP thread. My suggestion for now is to see if it resolves itself after a little bit of time elapses. If it doesn't, what we can possibly do for you is split your RP into a 2 threads for you (so you'll end up have a part 1 and a part 2 to your ongoing RP).

This problem is mostly the forum software 'thinking' there's a new page before there actually is. If you go to the page before the last one, your posts should show normally.

Trygon said:
This problem is mostly the forum software 'thinking' there's a new page before there actually is. If you go to the page before the last one, your posts should show normally.

I don't think that's it. Because what happens is, you click on "view last post" right above the name of the last person who posted in the thread and it takes you to "page 1" of the thread. You go to the last page listed and there are the posts that were there before but not the recent one you haven't read yet. Usually, when you reply to the thread, on the page where you type the post and you can scroll down and see previous posts in the thread, you will see a couple of recent posts that are not on the so-called "last page" of the thread. The actual last page sometimes doesn't show up until 3-6 posts are made and they're all on an entirely new page, they're not on the "last page" that was listed as last before. There IS a new page, it's just not showing up.

Also, this glitch seems to be worsening and spreading. It used to only occur when we'd reach the end of a page/start a new one. Now, it's taking a few posts before the glitch resolves and it seems to be occurring (or so it seems anyway, this could merely be coincidental) in higher traffic'd/higher post count threads. So clearly this is becoming a bigger and bigger problem over time. Not being a coder, I'm not sure how to fix it. But obviously the issue is more severe than what we'd originally thought.

Mm. Doubt I'll have any more luck then the last time I checked around, but I'll see if I can't turn up a coder of some repute. Did the lady that spoke up earlier ever speak to vek?

No I have never spoken of it before cus it was never really much of an issue before. When the issue first started happening all it took to get the new page to show up was one additional post. Usually we would just post a little "(New Page)" post and the other post that was the actual reply to appeared. I am only bring it up now because it suddenly, like just within the last few days, began taking up 2-4 additional posts until the new page formed itself. And as someone above said, we post and post and post and nothing until suddenly POOF page appears with all the nonsense posts we had to make on it.

I'm not sure if Rea spoke to Vek or not... That's something we'd have to ask both of them. However, I do know she'd PM'd him at one point a while back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom