Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

STAR TREK (Any interest?)

Prosak

Super-Earth
(I MUST ALSO ADD, THAT ALL WHICH IS REQUIRED OF YOU IS KNOWLEDGE OF THE MOVIES. SO DONT BE SCARED OFF IF YOU HAVE NOT WATCHED ANY OF THE SHOWS.)

Ok, I have been watching Star Treck recently. And have now garnered an intense desire to role play it. But, why limit such a vast universe to a simple one x one? Thus, I have started a request for a group. Wishing that like minded sci fi junkies would respond to my beckon call, for adventure! This would be original. No canon characters. Unless it is a npc appearance at some point. But, if we want we can use the Enterprise, although I would also like to use our own, original ship as well. Creating races would be allowed, Writers for Star Trek seem to pull them out their ass anyway lol. I want role players willing to rp, within at least one paragraph. And, at least try to be literate. Spell checking is in allot of programs, you should have it. So what... Do you say?... Shall we... Explore the stars... And... Where no man... Has gone before. (My Kirk impersonation. Ha ha.)​

Captain (Prosak)

First officer (Sbc124)

Chief medical officer (Dark Angel)

Chief engineering officer

Second Officer

Chief communication's Officer

Chief navigational officer

Helmsman (4 only, going around in shifts.)

Security (Unlimited)

Chief Security Officer

Crewmen (Unlimited amount.)

(Mind you these are only ranks and duties. So you can hold more then one. For example, Scotty is the Chief engineering officer, but also holds the rank of Second Officer.)

Ranks: (Pm me for ranks available to jobs and characters. Only the captain can give ranks to personnel.)

Crewmen 3rd class

Crewmen 2nd class

Crewmen 1st class

Ensign

Lieutenant

Commander

Captain

Commodore

Rear Admiral

Vice Admiral

Detailing multiple duties.

If you are a chief officer in something, you fave no other duties, the duties you already can perform is at top notch capability, and requires your full attention on that. First officer, and second officer have the capability, of performing almost every dutie, just as the captain. No one should be able to perform outside their regular duties. As crewmen, you get one dutie per rank. 1 starting at 3rd class, 2 at second, 3 at 1st. If any one such as the Medical officer, or engineering officer dies, and it is within your duties. You may take their place in dire situations, or until your captain deems otherwise. This only refer's to 1st class crewmen. When on a mission or in a dire situation, highest rank is always in charge, no exceptions. Except for if the character is deemed to emotional, or buckles under pressure. In which case the second highest resumes command. Duties are a measure of technical skill, and not rank. If your dutie is more important then another's, you do not hold rank. Only rank, holds over rank.

The duties held by Crewmen are. Security, engineering, medical, navigation's, communications. These duties do not warrant the same authorization, as a chief in that dutie.

(I aplogise for any spelling mishaps. I am missing my glasses.)

I could potentially be interested in this. I've watched all the series and movies, though I don't really recall the originals overly well and.... we kind of like to forget that Enterprise ever happened. >.> However..... the other series? They are just dandy. *nodnod* I have a weird love for the Borg arc and Picard is my favorite of the captains, but Data was my favorite character all around..... *mourns him, weeps* But anyway... I like the idea of an original, those are always fun since it allows for creative leeway and I'm all for a group (actually, any RP) that has depth of some sort and decent posts--lets just say I take my writing seriously. So, if this takes off, consider me interested. *starts pondering ideas*

Oh Awesome. Lol, glad to have you aboard. Right off the bat, I know your an amazing poster. I have taken a gander or two at a few of your posts before. ^_^ I read allot. Suffice to say I am happy your aboard! Pun intended.

Oh I just love Pecard! The actor is not only an incredible one, but he also did a great job making him a evolving character. I loved how, at first Pecard seemed to be such a stick in the mud. But, then after taking a vacation of sorts, and hanging out with his brother and nephew. He came back as more of a light heart'ed fellow. He was still serious, but had that... That spark. You know, the kind that says, "I have a child in me still. A young man who despite everything will show, that he is your friend, even if it is a slight joke or two."

:)
Thank you for the compliments. Seriously, thanks.

And I agree, Picard is the absolute best. I enjoyed the other captains as well. And even Enterprise had potential, but.... yes, best to leave that in the past and cancelled. >.< But, you're right. Picard's evolution was phenomenal. Honestly, over the entire series, it was quite an amazing deal. If you watch the earliest episodes and then compare it to the ones in season 7, it's rather astounding. And I love comparing how he was both before and after the 'borg incident' because that oh so seriously changed him. Forever. How could it not? And there I go, bringing in the borg again. Another character I loved in that series was Q. He was full of awesome as well.

Lol, your welcome!

Oh yes, so true... Enterprise was a failed experiment. Why? Becouse, they had a Klingon doctor, which makes no sens. Due to the fact it was before the original, and therefor before Picards time, and before Warf. Hmmm, ya A) Klingons werent really into being in star fleet at that time. And, B) They arent into being doctors. Maybe a doctor with a license to kill, but not a doctor. My main grife though, was getting the Quantumn leap guy, to be the captain. He was just TOO Iconic, as the quantumn leap guy, to be a captain. Or at least for me he was.

Yes, very true. It did change Picard. Lol, but lets be honest, we really loved those Borgs. :p They were awesome looking. I too this day ponder, if a borg, can fight off a jedi. And yes, Q was cool. Yet again, a great evolving character. His motivations were always a question. And, he goes from bad guy, to not so bad guy, to antihero, to full on hero.

Edit: So, any ideas on if we should use an original ship, or be a new crew of the Enterprise? Personally, I think the Enterprise. Just because it is an iconic ship, we all have come to know from all this time.

Mmm... true on all counts with Enterprise. I loved Quantum Leap as well. But yeah, not the best move trying to mesh actors there. And, as I said, the potential was there when it started. But they just brought it so down hill with so many things that... *stares over its grave--one in which the corpse will NEVER be resurrected* >.<

The borg were awesome! I just loved everything about them. They were so terrifying in so many ways that I couldn't help but love them. I remember watching 'First Contact' and feeling all freaked out when Picard knew how to move through the swarm of them... ohh the chills! Loved it! And Q, my darling Q. Honestly, I think he was just a bored sentient being. Kind of like what humans are supposedly going to evolve into--a foretelling, if you will--who felt compelled to 'share' what he knew to an extent. I don't really think he was ever truly bad. I always saw him as a Puck (from Shakespeare's 'A Midsummer Night's Dream'). So, that mischief-maker who liked to set things in motion and then sort of see what would happen. But then, over time, he sort of 'grew up'. And it was really awesome watching that development. :)

Hrmm... I'm fine using the Enterprise. It is iconic and probably the most symbolic thing for Star Trek. So, perhaps what we can do is make our own version of Enterprise. What model would she be now? F? I can't recall... lol. I'd have to look it up. I'd have to look up the schematics too as I don't recall all the nitty gritty details of such things like layouts. But, if I have a map, I can easily follow it. :)

Ya, but still. At least the future of star trek looks bright, with the upcoming sequel to the recent movie. It will not die, or falter. Only roll around it's mistakes, and stand up tall!

Of ya. In fact, I don't know about you, but the concept seems to be common in sci fi. I mean look at other iconic universes. Sci fi has Borgs, Star Craft has Zerg, Warhammer 40k has Tyranid, so on so forth. It seems like a trope. Where they all need, that dastardly race, which duplicates, and destroys, and is a feared destructive power in the universe. Only difference being Borgs are bipedal, and sentient. While almost everything else, is a bug thing, or something. Still, it seems fairly common.

Well, I do have to agree there. Q, if I were to look at him in a adult view point, and really think. May very well be a metaphor, to where we are heading. I mean, a hundred years ago we didnt even have a phone. Now we have cell phones that send signals to outer fucking space! And back! Lol.

Well, I can try and find a map as well. Would be a great idea, so no one has to make things up as they go. Maybe we can do this as a child group rp. A thread for every deck. And, every mission. Missions get locked, when they are over.

I'm a sucker for the multi-thread group RPs. It's how I run my own groups and I've sort of started that trend and passed it off to others here... lol. Hooray for being a trend setter. haha! So, if you want to set it up that way, I'm totally behind it and, being admin, I can easily create that child forum once the interest is fully there. :) No doubt you'll get it. You have 2 so far (yourself and me), you just need at least one more and you're golden. hehe. But I'm sure you'll get more. This is Star Trek for godssake! lol! But anyway, I like the idea you have for thread layout. I think that would work out really well and locking down mission threads would be fine too once completed if you want to work it that way as well. :)

Lol, really? Well that is kind of a funny coincidence. Yay for trends, yay you lol. But ya, locking missions would be a good idea. When they are done, I mean. Lol, the thing is, we wouldn't want people posting into it, all willi nilly, now would we? It would just be good practice to do so. Personally, I like child threads, they are waaaaaaay~ More organised then a normal one. Just as long as people remember, to say when they leave to a different area. It gets confusing when people dont give any inclination of them leaving. Now, I must say I have no idea what I will do for characters. I think I will give a list of ranks, and roles in the character creation. And, mark them off, when taken. I think I would also leave it as a snoose you lose policy, meaning no crying when someone is the first officer, before you are. Sounds a little harsh I guess, but, I am a nice guy, and a push over. So I need to root my self to the ground before I see some puppy dog eyes. Lol. But of course, people love star trek right! ... Any one who doesnt can answer to me and my dear friend mista Phazer.

Oh. My. Goodness. See now..... you have to go and see the groups I run. lolol. Go forth and bask in the glow of my anal retentive organizational skills, haha! I have it streamlined down to a freakin' science, haha! I have a template now that I use for all my groups, down to the rules--YES RULES!!!--that I have for each group I run. I can't help myself, I'm just like that, lol. People now ask to copy/pate my rules or use my rules as their template and then tweak them when they run multi-thread groups on here now because I have literally EVERYTHING covered, lol. But I think some of the edge also comes from admin'ing. I've seen it all now, or almost all. lol. Since new things you don't expect do tend to crop up here and there. :)

But anyway, listing out potential possibilities for characters as you just mentioned is a great way to garner interest. I actually tend to do that myself in my own I/C threads. It gets people thinking on character profiles. So you should DEFINITELY do that, hehe. Plus, it allows you to sort of mold the thing into a story by showing what is needed and/or wanted. And as for first come, first serve? Yep. Such is the way. There are only so many ranks for certain things and people just have to get over that fact. If people are going to get all up in arms over that, seriously..... that is just sad.

Though, while on this.... I call dibs on a doctor position!!! lol. XD

darkangel76 said:
Oh. My. Goodness. See now..... you have to go and see the groups I run. lolol. Go forth and bask in the glow of my anal retentive organizational skills, haha! I have it streamlined down to a freakin' science, haha! I have a template now that I use for all my groups, down to the rules--YES RULES!!!--that I have for each group I run. I can't help myself, I'm just like that, lol. People now ask to copy/pate my rules or use my rules as their template and then tweak them when they run multi-thread groups on here now because I have literally EVERYTHING covered, lol. But I think some of the edge also comes from admin'ing. I've seen it all now, or almost all. lol. Since new things you don't expect do tend to crop up here and there. :)

But anyway, listing out potential possibilities for characters as you just mentioned is a great way to garner interest. I actually tend to do that myself in my own I/C threads. It gets people thinking on character profiles. So you should DEFINITELY do that, hehe. Plus, it allows you to sort of mold the thing into a story by showing what is needed and/or wanted. And as for first come, first serve? Yep. Such is the way. There are only so many ranks for certain things and people just have to get over that fact. If people are going to get all up in arms over that, seriously..... that is just sad.

Though, while on this.... I call dibs on a doctor position!!! lol. XD

Well then I assume I can learn allot from your anal Retentiveness. :p lol. But ya, I will check out some of your threads, and such. I do have a different group rp, but I feel I fell down Hard, when it came to organizing it. But, in my defense, I was taking the torch from someone else whom couldn't start it, and had to start it for other people quickly. Whom were starving for it to start. The rp I speak of, would be my star wars one.

Ya, I do agree. Or at least, I have always found it to be more encouraging to making a character.

Lol, well, every ship needs a Chief Medical, Officer. :)

And ya, first come first serve is a good rule. So I am captain. :p Any one wanna argue. (Pulls out phazer, and starts pointing it around the room.) :D Glad we are all in agreement.

LOLOLOL!!!!!! XD

Well, I can give you any tips you'd like. And if you want to check out any of my current ongoing groups (all multi-thread) for ideas, feel free. Those would be--Harry Potter REVAMP, Wild West Scifi Zombie Apocalypse (yeah, it's a mouthful, but I couldn't think up a better name for it, LOLOL). There are a couple others up of mine that are kind of inactive at this point, but you can look at those too as it also shows how broad my base is, haha. Those would be--Space Pirates, Steam Punk Postapocalyptica. I also have a few in the Mega Archive. XD Yeah. I'm nuts. haha. It also shows my evolution of organization. But my current ones and even the ones that are still up yet 'dying' are all streamlined to my liking. :)

But anyway............ >.>

All of that sounds great to me. And I doubt anyone can really complain about that. I mean, this is your group game. That means you're the creator and you're setting the standard. People have to respect that. Period. If they can't, then... well... oh well. But really, what you're saying is reasonable enough and I think most would agree. *nodnod*

And hooray for Chief Medical Officer! Woot! :)
Thank you, Captain. ;)

Ok, I will hop to that, hey maybe one will catch my eye, and Ill join. Honestly, I bundle myself up with lots of rp's, allot of the time. A fualt some may say, I call it a CHALLENGE! :exclamation: :heart: :idea: :cool:

Ya, I guess. Lol, but I dont want to seem like I am selfish for it.

Well, I couldn't let you be a generic doctor, where is the high stakes, epicness in that? When your a doctor you patch up wounds. When your the chief medical officer, you discover cures, fight off strange unknown diseases, discover, and witness incredible things first hand. And, actually be a part of the mission.

Haha! Definitely. And that is true. You never know. :)

And you're not being selfish. Thing is this. As the GM for this group, it makes sense for one of your characters (assuming you play more than one, that is) to be Captain. After all, GMs lead the group. It's easiest to do so as the Captain in the IC rather than having someone else do it and then having to direct OOC and blah blah. Can get confusing as hell unless you get someone you seriously trust and who has a firm grasp of things, etc etc to do it. And even then? Yeah, just better if you have one of your own do it. It spares drama and trouble. A good thing. Trust me. :)

Aww... how sweet are you? Again, thank you. Now I'm all kinds of pondering my character. Yep, wheels are turning on that now. hehe. XD

Well, thank you for putting it that way, I feel loads better. In the end though, I would be a lie'er if I said I didnt want to be the captain. Still though, I am new to being a gm online. WAAAAAAAY Different then being one in person, but at least it is not as stressful.

Well, your welcome. I do try to be nice. Besides, after all, you been occupying my time with an interesting conversation.

lol. You're welcome, that's what I'm here for. XD Though, honestly, it is for the best when you think on it. And I do think others would have to agree there. I've never GM'd a pen-n-paper game. Hell, I've never played one, lol. But I can imagine the differences would be quite astounding.

Aww... more sweetness from you. Thank you once again. :)

Hmm, thought there would be more interest. Lol. Well, this would still need a First officer, if anyone's interested. There are loads of cool jobs and ranks, so don't shy away from asking, it would most likely be allowed.

I'll gladly join! My knowledge extends through the original series, next gen, and ds9. Also the movies. I'll be First Officer, but if someone else wants it I would gladly take Chief Engineer.

Maybe a list of what positions are available and what has been taken will help??? Just a thought. :)
I really hope this becomes something. hehe.

Ya, I agree. Lol, a list.

Captain (Prosak)

First officer (Sbc124)

Chief medical officer (Dark Angel)

medical

Chief engineering officer

Engineer

Second Officer

Chief communication's Officer

Communications

Chief navigational officer

Navigation's

Helmsman (4 Only, going around in shifts.)

Security (Unlimited.)

Chief Security Officer

Crewmen (Unlimited.)

Duties Officer

(Mind you these are only ranks and duties. So you can hold more then one. For example, Scotty is the Chief engineering officer, but also holds the rank of Second Officer.)

Ranks: (Pm me for ranks available to jobs and characters. Only the captain can give ranks to personnel.)

Crewmen 3rd class

Crewmen 2nd class

Crewmen 1st class

Ensign

Lieutenant

Commander

Captain

Commodore

Rear Admiral

Vice Admiral

Detailing multiple duties.

If you are a chief officer in something, you fave no other duties, the duties you already can perform is at top notch capability, and requires your full attention on that. First officer, and second officer have the capability, of performing almost every dutie, just as the captain. No one should be able to perform outside their regular duties. As crewmen, you get one dutie per rank. 1 starting at 3rd class, 2 at second, 3 at 1st. If any one such as the Medical officer, or engineering officer dies, and it is within your duties. You may take their place in dire situations, or until your captain deems otherwise. This only refer's to 1st class crewmen. When on a mission or in a dire situation, highest rank is always in charge, no exceptions. Except for if the character is deemed to emotional, or buckles under pressure. In which case the second highest resumes command. Duties are a measure of technical skill, and not rank. If your dutie is more important then another's, you do not hold rank. Only rank, holds over rank.

The duties held by Crewmen are. Security, engineering, medical, navigation's, communications. These duties do not warrant the same authorization, as a chief in that dutie.

Lol your right! Ok edited it.

Edit: I am going to wait another day or so. We would need at least one or two more people. If no one does so within a couple days, I will start it but leave it open for others to join. It will suck with just three people, but I wouldn't wanna keep everyone waiting any longer then that.

Ok, officially stating. That today, approximately in 11 hours. I will request a child thread be made, for this. Three, is enough people to start. But, to whom may have not joined yet. BY ALL MEANS DO! We will be constantly excepting, and always willing to have more join us!

I am interested to fill the First or Second Officer / Chief of Security position (Commander or even Captain in rank), and also have a character for a Helm/Science/Engineering position (new spatial helm control from her, position in Starfleet is Lt., Lt.Cmdr., or Cmdr.)

Both are very interesting hybrids...

Back
Top Bottom