Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Storm the Gate! - LotFP

Nihilistic_Impact

Brigadista
Supporter
This has yet to be properly fleshed out as an idea; but I feel compelled to get it out there so I don't become distracted by something else...

This will be utilising Lamentations of the Flame Princess as a system, along with a series of house rules I have devised, the pdf can be found for free on the linked page.

To keep my mind focused I plan to start with something simple and exciting. The PCs are going to attempt to take over a local Tower/Castle from which to base their future operations.

Now this is a large task for 1st lvl characters so I am not opposed with providing them with a number of 0th lvl fighters to command and possible allies along with potential traitors within the defences.

I now open the floor to questions.

In Addendum, potential players; I would like if you would fill out the following rubric.

1-5

Difficulty
Complexity
Ultraviolence
Eroticism
Gonzo

Water and rations might also be useful for you. Just determine how many days you'd like to have provisions for.

So is it safe to say that this has been revived????

Also, if I want provisions for say 3 - 5 days (seems reasonable enough for a start to me anyway), what should I be thinking of to include to the list I've already started in my previous posts???

There's the obvious:

food
water (something to store it in, like a canteen)
lantern (and things to make it light up)
bedding (not sure what sort, but something)
cookware (pots, pans, utensils)
rope
clothes??? (like a cape or coat if it's cold)
tent

Anything else?????

Yes, I suppose it is. Though we need another third, and I wouldn't mind a fourth.

Iron Rations are the standard really for food stuffs; chunk of bread, some cheese and dried meat. Grab a water skin or two for your water needs. Bedroll for your bedding and possibly a personal tent. Lantern and 4-8 flasks of oil, back pack to carry them in. Unless you are considering hunting then cookware isn't that useful, though it can be nice. Don't forget a tinderbox to start your fires. 50' length of rope with a hammer and some spikes are good.

You automatically have appropriate clothing. And you are required to have a holy symbol.

Other useful items are, small mirror, chalk, fishing gear, lard, flower and alcohol.

I'm going to sound terribly newb for this, but what are iron rations? >.<

And I already am taking into account that I'd mentioned the leather armor, sling, staff, holy symbol and vial of holy water. So what I mentioned just above was in addition. :)

So, I suppose the complete list would be:

leather armor
sling
staff
holy symbol
vial of holy water
back pack
2 water skins
food (dried meat, bread, cheese, apples)
lantern
tinderbox
6 flasks of oil
cookware (pots, pans, utensils)
personal tent
50' rope
spikes
hammer
bedroll
small mirror
wine
fishing gear