Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

A Discworld AU - [self gratification] Long Term/RP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flamette

Queen of Obscure Pairings
A Discworld AU - [self gratification] Long Term/RP...[I also have a rant attached on Mary Sue's be warned]

...With our lovely "Tyrant" Lord Havelock Vetinari x My OC Lady Winters.

And as I mentioned(admitted) to "Self gratification - Discworld AU" And I would like to say, before you label my character as " OMG IT'S A MARY SUE!..KILL IT!...WITH FIRE!" Please take a moment to realize, where you are..Look around this forum, where are we?...An Adult Roleplay forum..Yes. Were we're allowed to give into our sick fan-girly fetishes/pleasure. Where we are not to be judged, and or spoken cruelly too. You have your fetishes, I have mine.

I seek a person(hopefully male, but I'm not picky. Women you play males, come on down)with open mind. Who don't just go dub an OC a Mary (Gary)Sue, just on reason she/he is an OC. That happens to later be paired with a said cannon, of a story.

I confess, I find "What I's" and OC's in fan-fictions pared with a cannon, or not..very creative and imaginative. As long they do their best, to try and stay true the original contact Unless said otherwise. You can only do so much, with cannon until it get's eventually repeated over and over again. I don't get me wrong, I do knock OC's in their character(personally) themselves. Not for their actually existences of being in the side fiction/fandom. As normal hard cannon, Ani-Fandomer's do. I judge them, like you would with any official cannon character..

With that said, I know Lady is beyond from perfect, but as I said this a roleplay it's meant for fun here. I'm not trying to get published here.

However I promise, she is not what the terms say "Mary Sue." I also think,(more believe, in my hearts of heart) personally, its become a Slur-Meme. By people, who can't accept a change in their favorite fandom, even if is said to be an "AU" or a "What if" Even if they post certain warnings, that story contains things reader by not like. They still read and bitch. Like " A Bit out of OOC" for a cannon. Or...OC X Cannon.

It's nothing by butt hurt, non original writers, who rehash old plots. Also let me say again.. I'm not trying to get published here, my word isn't final. But writing Fanfics or even RPing is meant to be fun. Who died and made the Cannon Nazis the bosses over our imagination and creativity. When they themselves are too obsess to the cannon plot, to see any improvement the said fandom community could offer. (to even creating a a fan-cannon plot, inter working into the cannon plot) I surrport OCs be it in shipping with a cannon, or just there in story. Yet I also hate OC's too but how they are written or portrayed, or non originally.

WARNING RANT A HEAD! Case in point..from my own personal experience:
I use to like a Fandom Monster High, and lot of OC's were seen as sluts and whores. And they even said, their pastime was sucking off boys. Yet, they are loved. When I made an OC, The Grim Reaper's daughter,(also my real NOVEAL I am writing) then I was ripped off. Her plot and all, at less 70% And she was seen as one of Famous OCs. She was highly sexed as my own OC was. Yet she was seen wrong, as was in love with her said "uncle" one of horseman, but not blood. And then I was called incest supporter.. When the rip off, would roll around in a graveyard with a boy.. It was said cute. Even going to say.."Yea I wore my dawn of dance dress tonight, on our date" Who would write that? It's a clothing line. She could said.."Yea I wore my same dress, I ware at prom.." that seems, normal. Yet even then, it seems. WHY the heck would ware that, on a normal date? When even monster world it seem a tad. "loud" in public..

And then I created an OC, who was literately created by a men. With his own DNA. His spawn[ She is also in RP, am doing.] The bad guy from "Time Bandits" Evil itself. I post as incest warning. But its really, in a sense he's fucking himself. That he loves himself. See? People don't want to read anymore. The more complex it is, more "Mary sue" it seems. get my point?

My storyline, are pages upon a pages. (though in RP Listings I do as of late, I do make a summery..until contacted) When now days OC's are just small summery. With plot holes, and tacky goals, personalities. If anything..The so called loved OC's should be Mary Sues, and OC's with detail, even if they do have large amounts of details/storyline...And maybe laughable, horrible even..but still creative ideas should be ones loved..Even if they have their own plot holes, and maybe change through the plot, the said witter is seeing his/her error and trying to fix it. Unlike the other"copy paste" stereotype OCs..Full of themselves, thinking their OC is not a Mary Sue.

Have you ever seen the online tests to to see if your character is/not a Mary sue..laughable. You are dubbed one the moment you state that he/she is a demon, or supernaturally inclined, non realistic types. Pretty much. Your allowed so many points, before you get into Mary Sue points, on the test. And those just make you lose all your points all the more faster..

NOW ON TO THE REAL PLOT!..If you stayed this long sorry...

This was Lady's originally summary..
(I copied and past, from an old Profile..I know it blows...This is just a quick summary after all)
Introduction Lady Winters, portrayed by Tamzin Merchant
Race: Human
Occupation: (Orphan?) X-Aristocrat(if that can possible?)//Merchant
Residence: (import to Ankh-Morpoke(Isle of Gods)
Relatives: Mother dead, Father's whereabouts unknown..
Marital Stature: N/A
Having a plush life, that comes with be an aristocratic, doesn't always remain a happy ending. Lady is merchant's daughter. On the run from the law and broken deals/promises. Caused by her own father's on going shading dealings.(that effects her now too, naturally. She is a next of kin, someone has to pay literally/figuratively..right?) Her father, who had manged to tricked/con her mother, into marriage. Out of his early trouble dealings with the law. Then abusing her wifely duties, Lady was born out of rape.(even if your married, can still be rape) That carried Post Traumatic Stress, on her mother. Able to keep sane for only so long, with meds/doctors. She brought herself to commit suicide in later years..
------
Her father making her wealth/power fall, and their name tarnished. So being in relation, she to was at fault. Last she can remember, he was on trail and sentence to "Hung the by neck, till death" (and manged to escape, and found about her whereabouts. Sending her a letter, he would return and find her " His sweet-thing" Quickly ripping it up, she out on the run again.) Though she did noting wrong, even she is not without horns. The apple doesn't fall, to far from the tree..After all....

Though now in a Ankh-Morpoke, she as found a better life. (that is until her father the bastard! Finds her again, if he's not already dead. She is begs everyday can be true!) Working as a head custom/ set designer for local play groups and other clothing needs. It seem her favorite pass time, is now working in her favor. She keeps low profile, though keeping her last name to herself. Just goes by Lady, surely Lady isn't all that uncommon right? Well for last few months, nothing has happened...And being in her fake trade, she doesn't have to fully change to the facade, just act like herself.. Seen as nothing more, then just a a rich young woman, with means..but left behind for this life..? She has done things she not proud of..but she hasn't done anything that lead to murder she is please to say..Shes lied and cheated. And is trying to make good on her lies and cheats, she made good some already...

But she's unaware...That whispers and other gossip(and leaked out truths from unknown sources) has reached a certain patrician of this city..... It would seem, he needs to arrange a little one on one meeting...With this new/unknown resident that has seem to slip through, and go noticed upon arrival/setting home..by how/why..did this happen?(safe to say she paid them off..or blackmailed his spies some how..lol)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom