Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The Training Room

darkangel76

.:The Vampiric Fae:.
Supporter
1zxv0pc.jpg

The Training Room
(This is located on the western side of the 2nd floor of the castle. It is a place where students, faculty and staff alike can go to train and exercise. It is equipped with the latest and greatest from both the magical and Muggle worlds in the ways of physical, and even mental, training. It is in here that people can also practice wizard dueling.)

1zwc035.jpg
29ommpw.jpg
2vjq6i0.jpg

Name (Nickname):Kevin Reyes
Attire:Work Out Clothes
House/Year:Gryffindor/3rd Year
Wand:9", Willow, Dragon Heartstring
Tagging:Anyone
Time:Tuesday September 5, 2073,Afternoon

Kevin looked around the training room and smiled, he loved going into the training room everyday after classes ended and it was good to finally be back after vacation. He set down his bag then made his way over to a mat on the floor and began stretching. When he finished stretching he made his way over to some weights and started lifting. He started light then gradually worked his way up to heavier weights as time passed.

After about an hour he finally decided to rest and sat down, he then reached into his bag and pulled out a bottle of water and opened it before taking a sip. So far his day had went perfectly he felt he did good in most of his classes and he hoped he was right. Kevin continued to rest as he thought of what to do next, he still had some time before dinner and he wanted to do something other then just sit around.

35l8euv.jpg
2vjq6i0.jpg
zv911k.jpg

Name (Nickname):Chadwick Zachary Braeden
Attire:Black pants, Black Sleeveless shirt, Black Combat boots, Gun belt
House/:Gryffindor/Slytherin
Wand:12.5" Yew, Dragon Heartstring, Flexible
Tagging:Anyone, Kevin
Time:Tuesday September 5, 2073; Afternoon

1zwc035.jpg
29ommpw.jpg
2vjq6i0.jpg

Tagging:Anyone, Chadwick

Chadwick made his way into the training room simply to take a look at the equipment in there, normally Chadwick did his training or working out outside. As he got into the room he spotted a young man sitting on a bench, "You're not gonna see any results if you just sit around" ,he stated sarcastically before leaning against one of the walls. The young man looked familiar, he stuck out in Chadwick's mind for some reason, Kevin that was his name and he had answered nearly every question in his Magical Law class and the questions he answered he answered correctly. For a third year the kid was smart and it was clear he studied hard and knew what he wanted out of his life.

"I was just taking a break Professor Braeden" ,Kevin responded in a shaky tone. He then stood up and made his way back over to the weights and began to lift some more, it was clear he was nervous around Chadwick and he knew that the man could pick his nervousness up, it was his job to find weakness and Kevin knew he was showing weakness at the moment and tried his best to hide it. "So is there any way I can do some extra credit work for Magical Law?" ,Kevin asked. The words came out before Kevin even had time to think and he bit his bottom lip nervously before setting his weights down.

"Extra credit? Jeez kid it's only the first day relax a bit" ,Chadwick stated in response. He then looked to Kevin and sighed, the expression on the young man's face told Chadwick he was serious and seemed to be a little upset with the response he got to his question. "Why are you so worried about getting extra credit anyway you're smart you can pass without it" ,Chadwick stated.

"Being an auror is all I've ever wanted to do and I don't just want to be an auror I want to be one of the best, it's all or nothing sir" ,Kevin replied.

Chadwick nodded his head he liked the fact that he was called sir it showed the young man had some respect. Kevin reminded him of an old friend that died while under his command, in fact the young man died right in his arms. The two looked so similar and Kevin had a similar attitude, the kid wanted to learn and better himself, he wanted to be the best. After a few moments of silence Chadwick finally spoke, "I'll help you out with extra credit, here's the deal you want to be one of the best right?" ,Chadwick asked. Kevin nodded his head to answer. "Well you're not gonna be one of the best, you're gonna be THE best understand me? All you have to do for extra credit is let me train you, I'll teach you what I know both magic and muggle and believe me you need both that wand isn't always gonna be there to save you, tell me kid do you know anything about muggle defense other then what you learned in my class today?" ,Chadwick asked.

"Yes sir I've taken some defense classes over the summer" ,Kevin answered.

"Alright let's dance, show me what you know" ,Chadwick stated right before getting into stance. He doubted that Kevin knew too much but he had to know what he was going to be working with and the best way for Chadwick to figure that out was to spar with the young man.

Kevin's eyes widened when Chadwick got into stance, he really hadn't been expecting the man to actually fight him but he wasn't going to argue, not with someone like Chadwick. "Yes sir" ,he stated shakily before getting into stance himself. As soon as Kevin got into stance he was hit in the side by a rather large fist, the hit wasn't enough to hurt but he definitely felt it and he knew that Chadwick had held back as much as he could. The hits came one after the other and Kevin did his best to block them, he didn't attempt a counter attack simply because he was unsure of himself, something Chadwick picked up on.

"Don't think about it just fucking swing I could've killed you at least five times already!" ,Chadwick yelled before throwing a shot towards Kevin's face. He threw the punch full force to make sure Kevin had no choice but to block it and he wasn't disappointed, the young man quickly got his hand up and blocked the shot. "Very nice now learn how to hit back" ,Chadwick told him.

The two went back and forth for a while and Chadwick threw Kevin around like a rag doll for the most part but Kevin got some shots in, some Chadwick allowed and some that he had actually gotten in. After a few minutes Kevin went to hit Chadwick in the face but the man dodged the shot and grabbed Kevin into a sleeper hold and locked it in tight. Kevin struggled, naturally, the two started knocking into some of the equipment and eventually knocked some of the weights down causing a loud crash that echoed off the walls of the training room and that could probably be heard in the corridors outside the room.

35l8euv.jpg
2vjq6i0.jpg
zv911k.jpg

Tagging:Anyone, Kevin, Paxton

1zwc035.jpg
29ommpw.jpg
2vjq6i0.jpg

Tagging:Anyone, Chadwick, Paxton

Kevin's face had turned white before Paxton had reached the two, Chadwick kept releasing a little bit every so often to what he assumed let him catch his breath a bit but he wasn't sure then again the young man had never went head on with a teacher. He looked at Paxton the man was blurry as was everything else in the room, when he told Chadwick to put him down Kevin would've let out a sigh of relief if he could breath.

After a few more seconds Chadwick let Kevin go, his good eye twitched when Paxton called him Chad all he could think about was that day and that stupid mission. Chadwick was no fool he knew what Paxton was capable of and knew his boundaries and what lines not to cross, being called Chad wasn't something he liked but he wasn't going to say anything about it but mainly because he didn't wanna risk having to talk about it.

"Grab two bottles of water one to drink and one to cool off, we've got a lot of work to do I suggest you meet back up with me in the near future next time we're going outside" ,Chadwick told Kevin before turning to Paxton. He gave the man a half smile, "I wasn't aiming to hurt him I just didn't want it to be too fake he needs to feel something to know how serious it is ya know?" ,Chadwick responded.

35l8euv.jpg
2vjq6i0.jpg
zv911k.jpg

Tagging:Anyone, Kevin, Paxton

1zwc035.jpg
29ommpw.jpg
2vjq6i0.jpg

Tagging:Anyone, Chadwick, Paxton

Again his good eye twitched when he was called Chad, he hated it and he had a good reason to. He knew Paxton was trying to get to him, test him a bit and he let out a small laugh. "Trust me I knew when you came in even seen the weight go through your foot, saw you standing there watching every move we made, I knew I was gonna hit the weights before I even backed into them that's why none of them fell on top of me and the kid" ,Chadwick responded. He didn't feel it necessary to explain himself to anyone but he was slightly aggravated at the questioning of his training or talents.

Chadwick pulled a cigarette from his pocket and lit it, not really caring much that he was inside the school with it, "As for what the boy needs to be serious about, he wants to be an auror and that's pretty much a soldier for the ministry is it not and while he may only encounter people who depend on magic to fight he should know about all kinds of attacks and more importantly he should know how to defend himself no matter what". Chadwick then turned to Kevin, "I'll be teaching you how to get out of that and a few other holds next lesson which is tomorrow 5 am before classes start" ,he told the boy before turning back to Paxton. "It was nice talking to you....partner, I'll be leaving now I do have some things I need to attend to". With that Chadwick turned on his heel and walked off smoking his cigarette.

Kevin simply watched as Chadwick left then looked to Fettel, he stayed quiet much like he did when Chadwick first walked in. Both of the men were intimidating to say the least and he nearly pissed himself when the two were talking face to face. I-I uh I'll clean this all up" ,Kevin stated before he began to pick up the mess he and Chadwick had created.

(Chadwick Exit to Staircases)

1zwc035.jpg
29ommpw.jpg
2vjq6i0.jpg

Tagging:Anyone, Paxton

As Paxton spoke Kevin listened he always listened to his teachers that was just the type of student he was. When the weight came flying Kevin reacted quickly with a swish of his wand, his mouth not uttering a word as the weight burst into pieces that burned up and floated down to the floor. The young man then looked to Paxton with his wand clutched in his hands just in case something else came flying at him, "I'm pretty decent with magic I didn't want to cheat during the fight plus that guy could blast me to pieces if he wanted even if I tried to catch him off guard" ,Kevin stated shakily. He knew who Chadwick was from hearing about him from different people one of them being his father and after meeting the man he was sure everything he had heard was true. "I know he shouldn't have been able to overtake me that's why I've asked for extra help he can teach me things I don't know, I want to be one of the best auror's the ministry has ever seen" ,he admitted. Kevin had wanted it all his life and he knew what he had to do to be the best and knew that Chadwick, while harsh with some of his lessons, would be able to make him one of the best. "I'm sure you could teach me some things too sir". Again his words came out before he could think about it, he just wanted to learn and sometimes his eagerness made him a bit forward but if he had both Fettel and Braeden giving him lessons he knew he was sure to go far with his career of choice.

1zwc035.jpg
29ommpw.jpg
2vjq6i0.jpg

Kevin began to back away as Paxton walked towards him, he knew the man wasn't alive nor could he be defeated, well not easily if there were a way. Yes the boy did his research as much of it as he could and he knew what kind of danger the man before him was just like he knew what kind of danger Chadwick was. Paxton's words chilled Kevin to the bone and his heart began to race the closer the man got to him and then he asked that question and for once Kevin didn't have an answer, then the pain came it was excruciating and he felt so invaded. Then his answer came "I'd do exactly what Chadwick would....retreat....a smart man....k-knows w-what he can handle....and w-what to w-walk away f-from" ,Kevin stated through gritted teeth. Chadwick had blatantly said those words in his lesson during the day and Kevin noticed the man look to Paxton as he uttered the words and now he knew why Chadwick glanced over at the man.

358ciuo.jpg
29ommpw.jpg
2vjq6i0.jpg

Name (Nickname): Noelle Whitman
Attire: Gryffindor Uniform and Robes.
House/Year: Gryffindor/2nd year.
Wand: Holly, Dragon heartstring, 9 in, fairly flexible.
Tagging: Anyone; Paxton, Kevin.
Time: Tuesday September 5, 2073; Later afternoon.

Noelle hurried up the stairs and then along the corridors. Her mind was still a bit muddled, but the image she'd seen in her tea leaves had been quite clear--Grim. And the vision? She could hardly deny that either. It wasn't often that such visions befell her, nor with such clarity, but when they did they were usually correct. She just wished she understood how and why they happened and how she could call upon them at will. But she supposed that was something she might never learn. Divinity wasn't the most precise of arts and sometimes it felt like she would never truly come to understand her true potential or how exactly to harness it.

Finally, Noelle reached the Training Room. As she neared the door, she could feel the energy growing, could sense it. "Grim," she muttered, her voice shaking slightly. With a hesitant hand, she opened the door and entered, her pale eyes wide as she looked upon Fettel and the student he was with.

358ciuo.jpg
29ommpw.jpg
2vjq6i0.jpg

Tagging: Anyone; Paxton, Kevin.

The tension in the air was quite thick and there was a deafening silence before Fettel's voice suddenly broke it. The boy standing there was one Noelle recognized, though she didn't know him, had never spoken to him. Was he Gryffindor? Yes, he had to be and from the looks of it a bit older than herself. Noelle stood there rooted to the floor, though her legs felt like jelly. As she let go of the door's handle she suddenly worried that it had been a grave mistake. Almost instantly, she could feel her weight bearing down on her legs--the weight of her body, her bag. Licking her lips, she allowed her bag to slip down her arm and onto the floor with a soft thud. She blinked her eyes several time as the scene unfolded before her.

"I... I did," Noelle admitted trying to sound unfazed though she knew she was doing a poor job of it--so unlike how she was usually able to cope with things. Her mind suddenly filled with confused thoughts again and, just like that, it was as if she was standing in that corridor earlier that afternoon. She could hear those acidic words, words meant to hurt and be cruel. Yet, why the thoughts--thoughts of smiles and kisses? She honestly didn't understand it.

Noelle suddenly turned to look at the boy Fettel had been 'working' with and she swallowed hard. He seemed rattled to say the least. Just what had happened? Just what had she interrupted? And why was she constantly being drawn to places where he was? This first day back to university definitely was not going as expected and it made her wonder if it foretold of how the year would be unfolding for her... curse divining and damned speculations!

Trying her best to brush off her nervousness, Noelle just smiled in return, her gaze shifting back to Fettel. "And see. It suits you."

1zwc035.jpg
29ommpw.jpg
2vjq6i0.jpg

Kevin gritted his teeth as the pain continued to course through him then Paxton mentioned his father. The young man never spoke of his father and very few people knew about his problems at home, Paxton was reading him. He barely noticed the young woman walk into the room all Kevin could hear was Paxton questioning him and Kevin couldn't answer any of them. Yes he was scared but he grew angry at the mention of his father, he didn't like people knowing there was no need for anyone but him to know. When Paxton finally let go Kevin let out a sigh of relief, his eyes shifted to the young woman in the room briefly before they went back to Paxton.

After a few moments Kevin regained himself and stood up he looked at the other two people in the room before shooting a look at Paxton, his eyes were filled with anger and hurt. He grabbed his bag then left without another word he had to be alone for a little while.

(Exits to Gryffindor Boy's Dorm)

358ciuo.jpg
29ommpw.jpg
2vjq6i0.jpg

Tagging: Anyone; Paxton; sees Kevin.

Noelle's eyes widened briefly as she watched her fellow Gryffindor storm out of the Training Room. He looked angry, livid and from the looks of things wouldn't be back any time soon. She turned to look at her bag that had slipped from her arm and onto the floor and then to Fettel. She tilted her head as she thought on the tea leaves she'd seen... why had she seen a Grim when no one had died? How... odd... She furrowed her brow as her expression went distant, her thoughts swirling as she tried to make sense of it. Damned tea leaves and their many interpretations! But why did she know to come to the Training Room? Why? She looked back at Fettel, her face relaxing slightly though her nerves still running rampant. Grim... grim... that was the second time she'd seen the image and each time...

Suddenly, Noelle's tummy lurched. There couldn't be a connection. No. The leaves were playing with her head. They could do that, she knew it far too well. But the vision... Damn! This was becoming most bothersome, but she couldn't deny the pull or what she'd 'seen'. Letting out a tiny sigh, she finally bent over and reached for her bag that was still resting on the floor.

"Didn't mean to interrupt whatever it was you were doing," Noelle then stated, her thoughts muddled and more than confused.

358ciuo.jpg
29ommpw.jpg
2vjq6i0.jpg

Tagging: Anyone; Paxton.

Noelle watched Fettel stalk closer and closer, her feet rooted to the floor as she stood there. Her eyes went wide as she stared into his, a sense of panic suddenly trying to take over and consume. She could feel the fear bubbling up from within--fear mixed with confusion as her thoughts whirled about in her muddled mind.

"I... I..." Noelle stammered, her arm going limp causing her bag to slip back to the floor with a thud. "No, I wasn't following you. Not anyone..." She tried to swallow, but it felt strange. Fettel's hand about her throat made the sensation feel forced, strained. Difficult. At that, she reached up to try and pry his hands off, but it was of no use. She couldn't touch him. She was at his mercy.

Noelle looked into Fettel's eyes, her thoughts going back to that morning and the conversation she'd had with the Slytherin girl. She'd seen the Grim in her tea cup among other things... but that Grim... And how quickly that conversation had turned strange, causing her thoughts to drift on things she hadn't expected, to imagine being kissed by the very man gripping her throat just now. But even stranger still, shortly after, she bumped into him. A chance encounter? Perhaps... And then later when having her snack, again she saw the Grim. It led her to where she was now.

Grim... Grim...

"It's you..." Noelle mumbled. Suddenly it all became clear. The leaves didn't lie. They never did. She'd been too wrapped up in worry about preventing death when they'd been foretelling her that she'd meet it, cross paths with one already on the other side. The leaves never lied. Not ever. "They brought me to you..."

358ciuo.jpg
29ommpw.jpg
2vjq6i0.jpg

Noelle's breaths shortened even more and the ability to swallow seemed even more labored. She looked up into Fettel's eyes, those eyes that seemed to look straight into her soul... Could he see into her soul? Could he see that far? She could only begin to guess, her thoughts were going wild, running amok as her heart began to pound. Licking at her lips in a vain attempt to wet them, she felt her eyes suddenly tear up. "The tea leaves..." she whispered, her head shaking. "They never lie. Never." As she stared into his face, she suddenly pictured him smiling--that single thought of his lips turning upward, showing some kind of happiness, some kind of... and then, in the blink of an eye, she imagined them against her own again.

358ciuo.jpg
29ommpw.jpg
2vjq6i0.jpg

Noelle's pale eyes darted to the side as she watched Fettel's hand rise up, reaching out... Was he going to touch her? Her breaths sped up, her heart pounded even harder. She shifted her eyes back to his. Her eyes were welling with tears as she looked at him, her mind a frenzy of thought as her emotions bubbled up from within, rolling off of her in waves. She felt a tear fall from one eye. And then another from the other one. And his hand... was that his hand she felt? It couldn't be... it was just energy. She knew this... but it felt so real...

"I... I can't help what I think..." Noelle whimpered in admission. Just then, as she looked into Fettel's eyes, she tilted her head in curious wonder. "How... how do you even know what I'm thinking?" she asked. Her cheeks began to redden at the realization that her mind was an open book to this man... just what other thoughts of hers had he witnessed? He'd alluded to the fact that she'd 'kept' on having such thoughts so he must've read her earlier...

Oh Merlin! Noelle felt her cheeks burn even more. Had Fettel read her earlier thoughts about the more passionate kiss? The open mouthed kiss? The one that... Suddenly, she closed her eyes. Her thoughts were wandering again. And he saw them. Fettel saw! He knew! Everything she thought, he'd know! Biting down on her lip, she dared to open her eyes once more. Though as she did, she couldn't get those thoughts out of her head. Damn fear! She wanted to run, to hide... something! But she couldn't. As she looked at him, she felt another tear roll down her cheek.

358ciuo.jpg
29ommpw.jpg
2vjq6i0.jpg

As Fettel walked away, Noelle brought up a hand and began wiping at her eyes. She wished they hadn't teared up, that the salty liquid hadn't spilled from them only to streak along her pale face. It was mortifying and even more so with that look of loathing that crossed his face each and every time he looked her way. Was she truly that repulsive? Could the tea leaves truly have meant to bring her to him?

Tea leaves never lie.

Noelle knew the leaves always spoke the truth of the matter. It was just a matter of understanding how to interpret them. The art of interpretation was tricky, a difficult task for even the most skilled Diviners. But she planned to turn it into an art form, to learn it, live it, breathe it. And she would, especially after this experience.

Tea leaves never lie. They brought her to him.

But the question now was why? Perhaps it was to understand this link shared between them. Fettel could read her thoughts, though Noelle felt relief to know that some were still her own. But even still, this was new ground, new territory, something never seen before in the magical world or the Muggle one. It was a mystery to say the least and it sparked a curiosity within her inner Ravenclaw to understand it, to see why it mattered.

"I... I have no plans on trying to go inside your head," Noelle then said as she sniffled softly. "I... I wouldn't do that to you." Her look showed sincerity, though she doubted that it mattered. Fettel had spewed enough acid her way to make it clear that anything she said or did mattered little. But a part of that gave her some courage, something she needed given everything. "And I feel sorry for you," she added, finding her Gryffindor boldness. "It's a pity not to feel or express kindness or passion... no wonder you never smile."

358ciuo.jpg
29ommpw.jpg
2vjq6i0.jpg

Noelle winced, her head turning slightly as fear wracked her entire body the moment Fettel turned around. He'd moved so swiftly, faster than she could have ever anticipated anyone could have moved. Never had she'd seen anyone or anything move so quickly. But then, she'd never seen anyone or anything like Fettel before. He was no ordinary ghost, not like the ones to roam the halls of the castle and certainly not like the ones to roam the forests. No. He was something else, something entirely different, something...

Trembling, Noelle, found herself terrified to look at Fettel. Though despite it all, her morbid curiosity got the better of her. Slowly, she dared herself to look. As she whimpered softly, her eyes opened and she looked at him. Her eyes were still glistening from her earlier tears only now they were glazed with the fear he was instilling inside of her. Why was he doing this? Was he pushing her away? Why? The Grim in the tea leaves had brought her to him...

For what purpose?

Twice now they'd brought her to him. Noelle had no doubts any longer that they'd persist. "I... I don't think I can..." she whispered after Fettel had finally let go of her, walking away to leave her where she was. As she watched him, she just stood there confused, her mind trying to understand everything that was going on and no doubt would continue. And what was worse, what was more... she was trying to understand the sensations she was feeling inside each time the man 'touched' her or came near.

Just what were these tea leaves trying to tell her?

358ciuo.jpg
29ommpw.jpg
2vjq6i0.jpg

Tagging: Anyone.
Time: Tuesday September 5, 2073; Early evening.

Noelle just furrowed her eyebrows as she watched Fettel leave. Feeling confused and even a bit frightened, she knew the tea leaves were trying to tell her something and work their purpose. They never lied despite being trick to interpret. Once alone, she stood there for several moments, her mind a swirl of all the events that had transpired throughout the day. It would be difficult trying to make sense of it all, so she decided not to bother. And after what had just happened, the last place she wanted to go was anywhere anyone else might be. Deciding it best to be alone and calling it an early night, she decided to head back to her room where she could just end her day and go to sleep. She just hope she had no dreams interrupting her sleep... at least she knew the tea leaves wouldn't bother her in such a state.

Grabbing her bag, Noelle quietly walked toward the door of the Training Room and peered outside. Thankfully, the corridors seemed relatively empty. Letting out a tiny sigh, she left the room and began making her way to the Gryffindor dorms only unlike most times she felt no urge to hum or sing.

(Noelle exits the the Gryffindor Girls' Dorms)

Back
Top Bottom