Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The Haunted Forest

darkangel76

.:The Vampiric Fae:.
Supporter
msllzm.jpg

The Haunted Forest
(It is located west of the castle and is considered very dangerous. A barrier charm has been put into place to protect the castle and keep out the nasties, but if someone crosses it and enters the forest, they are on their own. Every year, students are warned not to venture into the forest without a guide, especially during nighttime hours, even if they are required to go there for ingredients for a class. The reason for this is due to the various creatures residing within, the worst being 'The Lost Souls', a type of ghost that devour the souls of the living until they are fully extinguished. Once the body is devoid of their soul, 'the lost soul' occupies it for a time, but the time is typically short usually only lasting a few days. Once they leave, they are hungrier than they were before their previous soul-devouring, making them more dangerous. Thus each feeding causes them to crave more and more and yearn to occupy a host body more and more.)

ehcisz.jpg
29ommpw.jpg
2vjq6i0.jpg

Name (Nickname): Astrid Shadowstorm
Attire: Generic school uniform and robes.
House/Year: Gryffindor/1st year.
Wand: Ivy, Unicorn tail hair, 8 in, swishy.
Location: The Haunted Forest (just outside the treeline and on the protected side of the magical barrier)
Tagging: Anyone; Kevin.
Time: Tuesday September 5, 2073; Later afternoon.

It was nice to finally be outside and away from the drooling stares. Astrid hated the way everyone looked at her, staring at her like she was something to devour. It made her shiver and always conjured up the horrid memories of the year before. They were still rather fresh even though a fair bit of time had elapsed and she wondered if she'd ever be able to let it go fully. One thing she did know, she would always have a hard time believing if someone liked her for the person she was or if it was that Veela blood that made it so. All too often in the past she came to realize that most of her friendships and relationships were a direct result of the blood coursing through her veins. None of them cared about the person underneath the flawless skin... they only saw Veela, that siren song that lured them in.

As the spindly trees came into view, Astrid couldn't help but smile. She'd been warned of the forest, the horrors within--the Lost Souls. She wondered just how treacherous they truly were. Considering there was a magical protective barrier, she figured they must be fairly dangerous. But were they the only dangers? And was there a way to deal with them? A witch had to wonder about that. She sipped at her tea as she gazed upon the trees, her mind spinning with curious thoughts, her half Veela blood daring her to step past the barrier if even for a moment. But to tempt fate? She'd have to ponder that a bit more.

Just then, Astrid heard a faint howl and smiled. Ah, the soft cry of a wolf. Already they knew she was there. Already they were coming. They always did. They always knew. She looked over at Kevin, her hood still pulled rather low. "They know I'm here," she said softly. "Shhh... listen." Again, the wolf cried. "They're coming."

1zwc035.jpg
29ommpw.jpg
2vjq6i0.jpg

Name (Nickname):Kevin Reyes
Attire:Black Suit
House/Year:Gryffindor/3rd Year
Wand:9", Willow, Dragon Heartstring
Tagging:Anyone, Astrid
Time:Tuesday September 5, 2073,Afternoon

As they made their way towards the forest Kevin took a deep breath then let it out, his adrenaline was pumping and he loved it. He had never been close to the forest but he had always wanted to explore it and he was finally getting his chance to, he wondered if Astrid knew just how excited he was to be even close to the forest.

When he heard the howl and then what Astrid said, he listened when she told him too and he heard the howl again, "Can you talk to them?" ,he asked curiously. He knew that certain witches and wizards had abilities and knew that anything in the magical world was possible so he didn't think his question would be too odd. "If you can that's amazing I wish I could talk to something as beautiful as a wolf, I think I'd enjoy the stories they'd have to tell like the things they see while in the forest what it feels like to be so....so free" ,Kevin stated. He put his head down and smiled at the thought, that's all he really had to keep him going were his thoughts, just the thought that there might be something better in the world then what he had to live with.

ehcisz.jpg
29ommpw.jpg
2vjq6i0.jpg

Location: The Haunted Forest (just outside the treeline and on the protected side of the magical barrier)

Astrid glanced at Kevin and smiled at his comments. If only she could actually talk to wolves. She wasn't able to directly talk to the creatures, but she had a knack for understanding them and they her. It was just a means of 'knowing', of understanding body language and other mannerisms. Somehow they both just understood each other. Words weren't needed, neither were thoughts.

"No, I can't talk to them," Astrid said plainly. "Though I wish I could at times." She smiled a bit from beneath her hood. "I often wonder what it is exactly they are thinking. But, somehow I always know. Call it a knack, if you will." She went silent again and the howls grew a bit louder, closer. They were definitely approaching and from the sounds of it, rather fast.

Astrid bit down on her lip, her thoughts straying once more on the possibility of crossing the barrier. Just how dangerous were these Lost Souls anyway? There was still daylight in the sky. Surely they wouldn't be about at this hour. Would they? The argument ensued within her mind, the forever battle--to cross in or stay outside. Slowly, she took a step forward and then another. Just as she was about to take that final step, the one to decide her fate...

"Ooofff..." Astrid shouted out, giggles erupting from her as she toppled backwards, her hood falling back from her face. Her silvery mane was a tousled mess as she rolled over onto her side, the one wolf licking her face happily in what seemed to be a gesture of friendly welcome. "And a hello to you too," she exclaimed through fits of giggles. As the one wolf backed off, another approached. Astrid sat up and nodded. "And hello to you," she said, her actions indicating quite clearly she was addressing the Alpha.

1zwc035.jpg
29ommpw.jpg
2vjq6i0.jpg

When Astrid said that she couldn't talk to the wolves Kevin simply smiled, "Well you definitely have a connection with them, most people could only dream of having something like that" ,he responded. He watched as Astrid walked towards the forest and slowly he began to follow her, wondering if she would actually go into it and if she did he wouldn't let her go alone.

Just then A wolf tackled Astrid to the ground, at first Kevin was a little scared but soon noticed that the wolf was merely saying hello to the young woman. When Astrid's hood fell off Kevin looked to her and he knew why she was so nervous in the great hall and why those boys were approaching her. "You have Veela blood in you" ,he said quietly. Unlike most men Kevin never really felt the effects of a Veela, they were beautiful yes but Kevin only seen them as beautiful women and nothing more. He never understood why a Veela didn't effect him like they did other men but he never really looked to much into it. He smiled as Astrid interacted with the wolves, "May I approach them?" ,he asked curiously. He wanted so bad to just reach out and touch one of them, the beauty of the beast was amazing to him.

ehcisz.jpg
29ommpw.jpg
2vjq6i0.jpg

Astrid petted and nuzzled the one wolf as the Alpha looked on from a few feet away. She then turned to look over at Kevin. She'd heard his mumblings as the one wolf welcomed her, whispers of what she was. And how she hated what she was. She half expected him to start acting just as horribly as all the other men always did--stupidly. But instead, he just stood there, his eyes not fixed upon her but upon the wolf instead. Immediately, she arched a brow.

Curious... so curious. Astrid wondered why it was that Kevin didn't have the same reactions as the others. Perhaps it was because his heart already belonged to another? That was typically the only thing that spared someone from the 'pull'--a harder pull from another--unless there was something otherworldly or fantastically that spared men of the 'pull'. Oh, her inner Ravenclaw began to ponder at all the possibilities. A visit to the library--maybe even its Restricted Section--would definitely be on her agenda now.

Astrid then gave Kevin a nod. "You can approach him," she said softly, still petting the wolf. "It's all right. We've been accepted by both him and the Alpha." She gestured toward the other wolf, the larger one slowly making his way toward them. "Go ahead and pet him. He won't mind," she added with a smile, her mind still wondering why he hadn't lost focus, yet elated that she finally no longer needed to hide.

1zwc035.jpg
29ommpw.jpg
2vjq6i0.jpg

When Astrid told Kevin he could approach them he smiled and when she said that the alpha wouldn't mind him petting him Kevin was completely ecstatic. He did his best to keep calm even though this was probably the best thing that had ever happened to him in his life. Slowly Kevin approached the large wolf and when he got close enough Kevin got down on his knees so that the alpha was bigger then him. He then reached out as the wolf closed the little distance that was between them, when his hand touched the fur of the animal Kevin let out a sigh of content then leaned against the animal letting his face touch the fur as his hands caressed the wolf. The young man was truly in Heaven, he let himself relax against the beast as he listened to his heartbeat.

"So amazing" ,Kevin whispered. "He's beautiful".

ehcisz.jpg
29ommpw.jpg
2vjq6i0.jpg

A small smiled tugged at the corners of Astrid's lips as she watched Kevin move toward the Alpha. She could see the apprehension in both males--wizard and wolf. It was rather ironic, or so she thought. She wondered if Kevin even remotely understood why. There was a reason why the Alpha hung back. It was partly out of caution, but it ran deeper than that and she wasn't quite sure how to explain how she understood. But... she did. The Alpha was also trying to gain acceptance from what he assumed was another Alpha. Though, she figured she'd try explaining that to her new friend later on after the wolf-encounter. Right now, it would probably be best for all to act naturally--no masks. It was working so far.

Astrid's smile grew as she saw the Alpha bow down to Kevin, letting him touch and pet him. "See," she began before giving the wolf she was petting a nuzzle. "He's accepted you. I dare say he even likes you." She giggled softly at her final comment since the wolf she was petting decided to lick her face several times over. Turning toward the wolf by her side, she nuzzled him again. "Aren't you the sweetheart. Yes, you are." Smiling, she reached around to pet his fur, her fingers stroking it with great love and affection. "Mmm... you like that, don't you." Astrid turned to Kevin once more. "They are gorgeous, aren't they? Sweet pups when you take the time to know them."

1zwc035.jpg
29ommpw.jpg
2vjq6i0.jpg

When Astrid said she thought the wolf liked him Kevin smiled, it was nice to be accepted by something so beautiful. The whole experience was amazing to Kevin, he had never felt so good in his life. "They are, they're amazingly beautiful, thank you for this Astrid, I'll never forget it" ,he told her. It was true Kevin would cherish the moment for the rest of his life it was very rare that the young man got to enjoy himself, he was constantly striving to be the best son for his father, constantly working to be accepted by the man. No one knew how hard he truly had it at home and how it affected him daily, no one knew about the nasty letters he would receive at school from the man. Kevin lived a very depressing life and anything that made him happy he clung to it.

Kevin continued to pet the wolf, a smile on his face and this time the smile wasn't there to hide his true feelings or to keep people from asking what was wrong, it was there because he was truly happy. "I could stay here all day if it was allowed" ,he stated as he looked over to Astrid.

ehcisz.jpg
29ommpw.jpg
2vjq6i0.jpg

"You're very welcome," Astrid said as she continued to pet the wolf that was nuzzling against her.

Astrid was glad that she was able to cheer Kevin up and that he genuinely appreciated the experience and time they were sharing together with the magnificent animals. It was rare for anyone to give a damn in this way. Most were drawn to her by her Veela blood, wanting to be close to her due to the 'pull' and then wanting certain urges to be satisfied as a result of the feelings that 'pull' tended to stir within. But this... this was different. And it wouldn't be something she forgot either.

"Though, I don't know if I'd want to stay out here all day," Astrid then continued with a soft giggle, her voice almost melodic. "The nights are getting colder now and I'm probably going to want to eat something in a little while," she admitted with a smile. "Though I do know what you mean." Her expression was bright and happy. For the first time, she felt at ease in a male's presence where that male wasn't her father. There was something to be said about that.

It was... nice.

"You know, I can take you to see these two any time you'd like," Astrid said before biting down on her lip. "They like venturing near the castle and are glad we're here." She paused a moment. "They would like for us to visit with them again." Her cheeks flushed ever so slightly as she spoke. "Would you like that?" she asked as she turned to look at the one wolf snuggling close to her side.

1zwc035.jpg
29ommpw.jpg
2vjq6i0.jpg

"That is very true the nights do get pretty cold and I should probably eat soon as well" ,Kevin stated in response. He gave Astrid another smile as he continued to pet the large wolf next to him, "If you want you can sit with me in the great hall at dinner time I'll make sure nobody bothers you it must be tough having people drawn to you because of....the pull that Veela blood has, I've never felt the pull like I said I don't know why, I noticed you because you were upset, I mean of course you're beautiful but I'm not gonna try and jump out a window for your affection or anything" ,he told her. His face turned slightly red after he spoke, wondering if he had said too much the last thing he wanted was for Astrid to think he was a jerk. He just wanted her to know she was safe with him.

When she mentioned taking him to see the wolves anytime he wanted he smiled again, "I would really like that, it's nice to know they like us and want us to visit again, anytime you want we can come visit them I'd love that, I feel so alive with them, so free" ,he told her before smiling again.

ehcisz.jpg
29ommpw.jpg
2vjq6i0.jpg

Almost immediately, Astrid's lips quirked into a tiny smile. Her insides felt a bit warm as she listened to Kevin speak, her hands remaining on the wolf sitting next to her. She appreciated his words and even found herself blushing slightly despite them. Though, she understood what he meant. After all, he wasn't drooling or fawning or... acting stupid, or worse.

"Well now, I guess that's been settled," Astrid stated. She looked over at Kevin through the corner of her eye and then back at the wolf she was petting. "You hear that?" she said softly to the wolf before giving him a kiss. "We'll be back soon to visit you." Without hesitation, the wolf licked her face causing her to laugh. "Somehow I knew you'd like that." The wolf let out a tiny yip making her giggle.

Astrid then looked over at Kevin. She was smiling brightly now. It was amazing her to realize just how much she'd been smiling since being around him. Or was it because of the wolves? Oh, maybe it was both. Whatever the case, she was enjoying the latter part of her afternoon and she was looking forward to dinner--perhaps a quiet dinner. As she thought on that, she didn't really want to go back to the Great Hall. The room was large and loud and the idea of those boys... ugh... A shiver ran down her spine when she thought back to how she'd been ogled and stared at all day during classes by most of the male students, especially during Muggle Defense. It made her wonder how bad the 'pull' would be if she was full-blooded Veela.

Oh the thought there!

"Kevin?" Astrid then asked, as she petted the wolf and began to shift where she sat a bit. "How about rather than eat dinner in the Great Hall we eat somewhere less... crowded and less... male populated?"

Astrid bit down on her lip, feeling a bit bad for saying such a thing. But she just didn't want to deal with it on her first day any longer nor did she want Kevin to feel the need to have to step in and do something should the need arise. Not when the afternoon had finally become glorious. She just didn't want to ruin it. There would be plenty of other instances where such times would occur, she was certain of that.

"Maybe a Room of Requirement? This school has one, yes? Or just anywhere that's quiet?" Astrid continued. She looked over at Kevin with a hopeful expression and slowly stood up as she reached for her bag.

1zwc035.jpg
29ommpw.jpg
2vjq6i0.jpg

Kevin stood and looked at Astrid after she spoke, "We can do whatever you'd like, of course we'll have to go to the great hall to grab food before anything but we can go inside if you want" ,he responded with a smile. "Shall we"? Kevin looked to his hand briefly, he had forgotten to mend it and was so caught up in petting the wolves that he hadn't noticed how bad his hand was hurting until now. He figured he would put a bandage on it for now then later he could either mend the bones himself or head to the hospital wing to get checked out. Kevin then began to make his way back to the castle slowly to make sure he didn't walk to fast for Astrid to keep up.

(Exits to Great Hall)

ehcisz.jpg
29ommpw.jpg
2vjq6i0.jpg

Time: Tuesday September 5, 2073; Early evening.

Astrid nodded and smiled, though her eyes noted that Kevin had yet to do anything to fix his hand. He'd have to tend to that sooner than later. Preferably sooner. "Of course," she said knowing the inevitable. At that, she reached for her hood and pulled it up. She was glad that she didn't need to wear it around some people. She just wished that it was more effective around a majority. And even with that majority, it wasn't proving overly useful--though that was more than likely because they knew what was underneath now thanks to both the sorting and a few of her earliest classes she'd attended that day. "We shall." At that, she began to follow Kevin back to the castle.

(Astrid exits to the Great Hall)

Back
Top Bottom