Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The Quidditch Pitch

darkangel76

.:The Vampiric Fae:.
Supporter
1zxv0pc.jpg

The Quidditch Pitch
(This is the pitch used for quidditch matches and quidditch practice as well as friendly (or not so friendly) games.)

jkvdko.jpg
29ommpw.jpg
29ommpw.jpg

Name (Nickname): Nicole Gammel (Nikki)
Attire: Ravenclaw Uniform and Robes.
House/Year: Ravenclaw/2nd year.
Wand: Cherry, Unicorn tail hair, 9 in, slightly springy.
Location: The Quidditch Pitch (at the base of the north-side hoops).
Tagging: Anyone.
Time: Tuesday September 5, 2073; Later afternoon.

Thank goodness no one seemed to be about as of yet to either practice of play Quidditch. For whatever reason, after receiving a very unexpected owl, it was the first place Nikki ran off to when the moment allowed. And that was as soon as classes had finished. Before leaving the castle itself, she'd managed to scrawl a quick note on a piece of parchment that she would have to forgo plans to Hogsdale that night, that she just wasn't up for the outing any longer and would explain later to both Ellie and Stacey. She hoped that both her long-time friend and the new girl would understand, but...

Oh, Nikki just couldn't stop crying. Her back leaned up against one of the hoops' base as she curled up with her legs hugged against her chest. She buried her face against her knees and let her body shake with sobs. The owl had been dreadful, filled with the worst news possible and now she just felt like she was going to be sick. Honestly, as if things couldn't be bad enough. Sure, she understood that others already had a rough life and she'd never belittle them that. Just...

More sobs consumed Nikki, swallowing her whole as she tried to process everything, only... she could not. It was so surreal, a dream. A nightmare. They couldn't be dead. They just couldn't be! She looked up briefly only to feel hot tears streaming down her cheeks. Whimpers rolled over her lips and filled her ears. It was humiliating! What would she do now? As it was, she had next to nothing. But now? All was lost... what would she do? Where would she go? What...? So much fear coursed through her body, mind and soul. It was numbing, terrifying and all she wanted to do was hug her parents one last time and say her 'good-byes', tell them just how much she loved them.

But, she could not. Never would be able to. They were gone. Forever.

8382185700_ca84a2c817_zps51d081f9.jpg
29ommpw.jpg
2vjq6i0.jpg

Name (Nickname): Marrick.
Attire: Varsity Quidditch Vest.
House/Year: Gryffindor 3rd Year.
Wand: 9 inches, Veela Hair Core, Hornbeam Wood.
Tagging: Anyone; Nicole.
Time: Tuesday September 5, 2073; Later Afternoon.

For once, it was not Marrick's own snores that woke him up from his sleep. In fact it was the sound of...he paused. He couldn't collect his thoughts fast enough to realize what had waken him, hell he didn't collect his thoughts fast enough to realize where he was yet. Slowly his eyes fluttered open and vision set in, followed by all other senses. His hands moved lightly and brushed against grass. It certainly smelled like wet grass, and the sky was bluer than ever. Then reality hit in. "Oh fuck not again." He uttered to himself as he realized that he'd fallen asleep on the pitch and inadvertently skipped most of his classes today. He brushed himself off and rose to his feet, shaking off grass that stuck to his body only to finally click it to the source of his awakening.

He stepped from behind the hoops where he laid, and walked a few steps forward in a slight daze only for his eyes to fall on the crying girl. His eyes blinked for a moment, trying to register the situation. He paused, wondering if he should approach her or let her be to suffer in silence. That must have been why she came out here, wasn't it?

Yet, he couldn't leave her there. It just wasn't like him. He slowly made his way to the girl on the ground, not recognizing her as a Gryffindor. She must have been sorted elsewhere. He tiptoed his way to her, and every so silently he leaned down behind her just a little so when he'd speak she'd be at eye level.

"You know, tears and a frown don't really suit someone so beautiful."

As soon as he spoke, he knew he would surprise or scare her, so instantly he put on the biggest, most handsome smile he could muster in hopes of easing her shock.

jkvdko.jpg
29ommpw.jpg
29ommpw.jpg

Tagging: Anyone; Marrick.

Nikki gasped, her body jumping slightly from being startled. She'd thought she'd been alone out there on the Quidditch Pitch and hadn't expected anyone to sneak up behind her. Immediately, her hands went up to her eyes and began to wipe at them. "Oh... oh..." she started, her body shifting where she sat. "I... I didn't realize anyone else was here." She looked up at the male, obviously a Gryffindor by his robes, and did her best to smile. It was a half-hearted attempt and she knew it. But he was being kind and she appreciated that. "I... I just came out here by chance. I hope I didn't bother you." Oh she felt so silly. She was rambling a bit, her cheeks turning red from embarrassment and being a bit flustered. And then there was the added fact of her sorrow.

Her sorrow. Again, Nikki could feel her eyes dampen, prickling with more tears that were desperate to flow. Just then, they spilled down her cheeks, tiny rivulets that she couldn't hide no matter what she did. She let out a tiny a scowl and angrily wiped at her eyes with the sleeve of her robe.

"So sorry," Nikki said. "I'm a total mess. Not the best first impression, is it?" She let out a nervous giggle as more tears fell. Again, she wiped at her eyes. "My name is Nikki Gammel. Second year, Ravenclaw. So sorry to meet this way," she added with a blush.

29ommpw.jpg
2vjq6i0.jpg

Marrick smiled as bright as he could while he watched her try and helplessly collect herself so she could speak to him without tears. As her attempts failed, he grew even sadder despite his smile. He couldn't understand why, but somehow her tears seemed to strike a blow at his heart. It wasn't that he simply felt bad for her, her sadness just seemed to speak for itself. Her tears were not for a mundane reason nor were they shallow, no. The looks her eyes gave, the voice she emitted, and nervous giggles, everything indicated a catastrophe had just befallen her and yet she still had the courage to try and smile and introduce herself. Honestly he was a little awe struck at her strength, even more so when she so bravely introduced herself and blushed. It forced his smile to grow a little wider, and his heart to open up to her further. Before he said another word, his hand extended lightly so his pointing finger could gently brush a few tears from her cheek, caressing it softly as he flicked the tear away semi dramatically before her eyes just to have her smile.

"And I'm Marrick Crawford, third year Gryffindor. You...have nothing to worry about. What I'm wondering is not what you're doing out here or if you've bothered me. I only wish to know why someone who's clearly dealing with something so big, has to go through it out here, on her own."

He flashed her another smile, before he kneeled before her and brushed a stray hair from her face.

"Luckily for you, I already slept through most of my classes tonight. Would it be too intrusive of a stranger to try and replace your tears with a smile? I still think it would suit you much better than tears."

jkvdko.jpg
29ommpw.jpg
29ommpw.jpg

Nikki could feel the heat rising to her cheeks. This Marrick was definitely forward, something she wasn't used to in anyone she came across. Most just let her be and left her to her books. After all, there wasn't much interesting conversation to be had with one of her kind, not unless you spoke 'geek'. That was the joke she'd heard the others whisper from time to time when they thought themselves being clever. But how dull a joke it truly was. Though most didn't kept such thoughts to themselves, they were too busy shaking their heads at her shabby, second-hand clothes--pitiful attire for one so pure of blood and one who initially came from such wealth. A tragedy indeed. Yes, she was not used to having many approach her at all, especially not in the manner Marrick seemed to be showing.

A tiny smile tugged at the corners of Nikki's lips at Marrick's last words. "No," she admitted, her tone soft. She looked down at the ground. "It wouldn't..." As her voice trailed, so did her thoughts. When she looked back at him, she raised a hand and wiped at her eyes. "You slept through your classes?" she then asked, genuine giggles suddenly bubbling forth. "On the first day back?" She covered her mouth to stifle the sound. Somehow she didn't think this Marrick overly minded his absences, but she knew she'd have been mortified, probably would've gone running to her professors with apologies and begging for extra work to make it up to them. But... for some reason... this behavior seemed to suit this man, was endearing almost.

Again, Nikki wiped at her eyes. They were a bit sore from her crying, but at least now she was finding that no more were falling. Had she finally stopped?

"And, I'm sorry you had to see that," Nikki said once again. "I'm afraid you caught me in a bad moment. I... I'd just gotten some bad news." She paused just then, her thoughts spinning wildly in her head as her tummy lurched. To tell or not to tell. She knew she couldn't hold everything inside forever and perhaps speaking to Marrick might help. He could be objective. Couldn't he? "I... I just found out that my parents died."

29ommpw.jpg
2vjq6i0.jpg

Her words hit him harder than a speeding truck. His eyes widened and his mouth dropped, somewhat stunned and unable to process what she just said. He parents had just died? The weight of the sadness he felt from her words alone must have been dwarfed by the misery she must have been feeling at this very second. Yet here he was, insensitvley asking her to smile and asking probing questions. He stood there, staring at her, unaware that he was doing so. All the while he was simply wondering how couragous was this girl, how resiliant to not be bawling her eyes out and yelling at him. He looked at her lips, and remembered that she was smiling. He put himself in her shoes for a second, and smiling was the last thing he could have done.

Marrick found himself falling back and sitting onto his rear end. He crossed his legs and inched towards her, his mouth opening and closing, as if words were trying to come out but were being halted at the last second. He didn't want to say he was sorry, no. That was over-used and would not help her at all. Instead, he took his wand from his pocket and held it in his hand, tapping her cheek with the soft wood.

Aquilous Repardei

A little flicker from his wand tickled her cheek, before all the tears left on her face, and the wet mess they always left on the cheeks, linked together and flew away from her eyes and skin. He'd used a little spell to wipe her tears away for her, instead of finding anything to say.

"That's not something you suffer with alone out here, beautiful. The burden is too much."

jkvdko.jpg
29ommpw.jpg
29ommpw.jpg

Nikki watched Marrick sit down and inch toward her. He suddenly looked as if he was pondering what to say next. But, instead of using words, he moved into action. Immediately, he took out his wand and the next thing she knew... her tears were literally floating away into the sky. Her face lit up as she watched the salty drops of water form a glittering chain in the air only to float away toward the sky. The light of the sun danced off them as if they were prisms, tiny rainbows of color flickering through them as the rays of light reflected and refracted. It was quite a sight for something so simple, so... kind.

"Thank you," Nikki said as she turned to look at Marrick. Her smile had broadened quite a bit from what it had been and she instantly found herself feeling better. Yes, the weight of the loss was still very much there, but dealing with that, coping, had suddenly become bearable. She was finally able to breathe, to rise to the surface and not feel like she was drowning.

Nikki then reached out and touched Marrick's arm gently, a gesture to let him know just how much she appreciated what he'd done. She let out a soft giggle, the nervous tremors fading. As she looked at him, she shifted slightly, relaxing a bit. Slowly, she brought her legs down and away from her chest and then bent them to the side and away from him so that she could lean a bit closer.

"That was lovely," Nikki stated, her cheeks heated with a blush--she wasn't used to being called 'beautiful' so casually or so frequently. "So, tell me Marrick, do you often come to the Quidditch Pitch for naps during classes?" Again she giggled, finding herself in a slightly better mood. She also found herself wanting to know this man who was both cheering her up and forever complimenting her better.

29ommpw.jpg
2vjq6i0.jpg

A brighter smile could not sneak upon his lips as he saw her brighten up and give him a smile of her own. To him, having her smile just then was a feat more important than anything in recent memory. If someone saw him, they'd think he just cured cancer or saved a dying patient. But no, just making her smile had the same effect on him. He leaned closer to her, and into her touch.

She let down her legs, and it allowed him to scoot himself closer forward and laugh as her question was asked. He put his wand back in it's proper place, and focused his attention back on her. His eyes locked onto her own, catching the sun's glare and making him squint just a bit. "Often." He answered briefly, before letting out a little laugh once again.

"Though I admit, the lack of shade is a little bothersome. The hoops don't exactly provide too much, and I'm so fortunate to run into a raven haired beauty like you every day to make the sun a little more bearable."

It was a rather hot day after all, summer was ending with a bit of a last stretch of heat. So perhaps, his only shade would be her. Metaphorically and literally. It was a nice concept for him to think about.

jkvdko.jpg
29ommpw.jpg
29ommpw.jpg

Time: Tuesday September 5, 2073; Early evening.

Nikki found herself giggling just a bit more, something she knew she needed after the news she'd received regarding her parents. She'd been crying most of the later afternoon and with the sun starting to dip below the horizon, she needed to let go and laugh a little. Marrick was helping her there and she was grateful.

"Often, hrmm?" Nikki then mumbled, her lips still upturned into a smile. It was amazing at how Marrick was able to do that to her after how dreadful everything seemed to be. In a brief encounter, he'd managed to make everything lighter, brighter. Better. "Well then, that means you'll need someone to help you catch up on what you miss.... yes?"

Nikki looked at Marrick with big hopeful eyes. She bit down on her lip and shifted a bit, wondering if what she'd implied would possibly be taken the wrong way. Oh Merlin, she hoped not!

"That is, I'm not saying you'll be behind, just I..." Nikki stammered, her cheeks going scarlet. "Just, you'll miss out on notes and other things. I..." She looked down at her lap. "I mean, I know we're not in the same classes, but I..." Oh, she was getting tongue-tied, tripped up on words that wouldn't come, that were eluding her. "I... well, I..." Just them she brought her hands to her face, her fingers touching her reddened cheeks, taking in their burning warmth. She closed her eyes for a lingering moment. When she opened them, she looked directly at Marrick. "I'm making such a fool of myself," she said with a soft giggle before bringing her hands down.

29ommpw.jpg
2vjq6i0.jpg

His smile would not fade as he watched her stumble on her words adorably, her cheeks flushing in nervousness which made her seem all the more innocent. It was something he found that he adored, and it played to his naturally protective nature. Gods knew that he was the one always looking out for his brother, he was the 'responsible' one, though that term was used lightly. She played that part perfectly, and it made him all the more attracted to her presence.

His hand extended lightly and took her own, bringing it towards him while singeling out the pointing finger to hold it before his eyes. Just then, he smirked as he noticed the little bump people get from holding their quills and pens a little too hard while they write. "Ahh, the true mark of the studious." He laughed lightly, leaning closer and closer to her with every breath. At this point, when he gently dropped their hands they fell into his lap and remained in touch, his face letting a slight red escape the cheeks. More so than Lane, he was just slightly more...innocent, when it came to girls and how to deal with them. A flirt for sure, experience as well, yet still...nervous.

"But you are right...I do tend to fall behind quite often...I focus too much on quidditch and even now, I've already gone and missed the first day's lectures...and If I heard you correctly..."

He leaned in a little more, his head tilting just a little so his nose would not hit her own. "I could definitely use a little private help..."

jkvdko.jpg
29ommpw.jpg
29ommpw.jpg

Time: Tuesday September 5, 2073; Early evening.

Nikki found herself suddenly nodding as Marrick took hold of her hand, bringing it ever closer to his face as if to inspect it. She glanced at her hand, slightly messy with ink from ink due to all her note scribbling. But, really, she couldn't help it. She couldn't... Just then, she looked past her hand, her eyes finding his as he moved closer. A breath a way, the gap closing. Every nerve ending in her body was firing, her mind spinning with thoughts as he neared.

Was it suddenly hot? She couldn't tell. Perhaps it wasn't. Maybe it was a trick of her senses. After all, she'd been crying most of the afternoon.

"I... I can help," Nikki suddenly said once she found her voice. "I'm a good note taker." Her heart was pounding, literally speeding up to a rate that made her wonder how she'd be able to take much more. Yet for reasons unknown, she had no desire to leave. Not yet. "Maybe we can arrange something...?" she suggested, her voice a breathy whisper as she looked at Marrick with a hopeful expression.

29ommpw.jpg
2vjq6i0.jpg

Marrick was a good faker, and so he could pretend to be completely confident and alluring, with his lips inches away from her own, calm and collected, when in fact his heart was beating a million times a minute. He was so nervous that he was so close to this beauty that he was actually sweating, more amazed at himself that he managed to catch the attention of someone so above his league. He couldn't mess up now, no. She was too gorgeous, and his heart tingled with all this new feelings towards her...it was mysterious, enticing...he wanted to know more.

His hand ended up lacing it's fingers with her own subconciously. He did not realize his hand took her own instead of just a finger when he moved closer and she spoke. She was so close that he could feel the breath from her words flow along his lips, and a small smile came along his own as she hoped they could arrange something.

"Let us arrange something then...preferably...every day. At least if there is nothing to study, I would never get bored of being so close to you...as I am now. What spell did you use...to have me so enthralled...so close..."

His questions were whispers, and it was quiet enough that you can damn near hear his heart beating in his chest. He wanted to move on to the next step so badly, he wanted to keep going, to assert himself and touch his lips to her own. Yet something held him back, perhaps fear of rejection, perhaps it was too soon knowing her news...and so he was stuck there, unable to move forward but nothing in the world could yank him back from her.

Back
Top Bottom