Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The Hospital Wing

darkangel76

.:The Vampiric Fae:.
Supporter
1zxv0pc.jpg

The Hospital Wing
(It is located on the western side of the castle on the 3rd floor.)

kp.jpg
2vjq6i0.jpg
29ommpw.jpg

Name (Nickname): Arienne (Arie)
Attire: **
House/Year: Ravenclaw; 6th year
Wand: Birch, Pegasus feather core, 12 inches, springy
Tagging: Anyone!
Time:Tuesday September 5, 2073; Later Afternoon

Part of her training as a healer meant volunteering in the hospital wing. Arienne was relatively adept at treating most common illnesses and injuries, and rarely needed any help at doing so. The only thing she had a hard time treating were spells gone awry and magical incidents, because she hadn't had as much training with those. Arienne could brew Skelegrow and Pepperup potions, and fix broken bones with ease.

As she walked into the Hospital Wing for her shift, she noticed how empty it was. While most other students would probably be ecstatic at the free time, Arienne actually hoped it would be busy. Of course, she didn't want people to be hurt, but she felt it would be a waste of her time babysitting the Hospital wing when she could be doing plenty of other more important things.

Arienne checked the storage closets as she'd been taught, to make sure all the ingredients and potions were properly stocked. Arienne made a note on her clipboard to ask Professor Lupin for more of the strained and pickled murtlap tentacles and bubotuber pus. Seeing that the calming drought was also running low, Arienne wrote that down as well, hoping that she would have the time to brew some herself.

"Bandages, bandages," she murmured, rifling though the drawers until she found them. Next on the checklist was tidying the place and making the beds. Arienne was not a maid and found it extremely disrespectful that the last student here hadn't re-made the beds after the patients had used them. Merlin knows what they'd sued the beds for. She scurried around, making beds, sweeping and opening the windows to get some light in.

At the end of the room there was a small office, open to the hospital wing. Arienne plopped in the chair with a Healing textbook. Her long hair fell to her knees as she hunched over the uncomfortable chair with the book on her lap. She had a two thousand word essay due next week and had yet to start it. The Healer's Helpmate was a pretty interesting book, and Arienne was reading up on how to cure plant poisoning. The silence was too much for her, so Arienne began to sing a slow, jazzy tune by The Rhythmic Runes as she read. Arienne smiled, finally feeling relaxed and free as she sang.

j59ri9.jpg
f4hhev.gif
29ommpw.jpg

Name (Nickname):Riku Taven
Attire:Link
House/Year:Ravenclaw,2nd year
Wand:Maple, 9.5 inches, slightly springy and pleasant. Hair from Centaur's tail Core
Tagging:Anyone

Riku walked into the Hospital wing and looked around, she had been sent there to drop off some iodine. It was normally a medicine used by muggles but it was requested and Riku wasn't the type to ask questions. She took off her bag and opened it to pull out the large bottle of iodine then set the bottle on one of the counters.

She let out a sigh, so far her day hadn't gone so well her classes were alright but the letter she had gotten in the morning made her upset. It was over, 3 years down the drain and for what? Because she wanted to be in school, she wanted to further her education. Riku's normal smiling face was replaced by an empty expression to people she knew it was clear she was upset.

"I BROUGHT THE IODINE IT'S ON THE COUNTER!" ,Riku shouted loud enough so that someone would hear her. She then closed her bag and slung it over her shoulder and waited to see if she would get a response.

kp.jpg
2vjq6i0.jpg
29ommpw.jpg

Arienne had been so engrossed in her book that she startled as the second year shouted. Her book clattered to the floor with a slight bang. Arienne was glad she was facing away from the doorway, so whoever it was couldn't see how surprised she'd been. She especially hoped it wasn't a professor, because alertness on the job was necessary. She was supposed to be calm under pressure. Quickly recovering her composure, Arienne ran her hands through her hair and stood up.

"Thanks.." Arienne said, smiling easily at the fellow Ravenclaw, surprised that she actually recognized her after only a few days at the school. She walked over with the clipboard and made another note. She frowned. "I'm sorry, I don't know your name. I've just recently transferred."Arienne wasn't sure, but she thought the girl looked pale. Her face grew quizzical, as if she were assessing a patient, but she covered it up rather quickly. This girl was doing her a favor, for Merlin's sake.

j59ri9.jpg
f4hhev.gif
29ommpw.jpg

Wand:Maple, 9.5 inches, slightly springy and pleasant. Hair from Centaur's tail Core

Riku was just about to leave when she heard the 6th years voice, she turned her head to look then forced a smile not wanting to show her true emotions. The break up had been eating away at her at she was doing all she could to stay positive even though it was hard. "You're welcome, my name is Riku....Riku Taven I'm a Ravenclaw as well, How has your time here been so far?" ,she asked kindly.

Her grey eyes scanned the room and noticed that there was no one else in sight then her eyes fell back onto the woman before her, "You look as if you have your hands full love, where is everyone else? Would you like some assistance, I do know how to make the beds hospital corners and all my mum taught me when I was a little girl, I usually only deliver the goods here but if you need some help please don't hesitate to ask" ,she offered. Riku thought it terrible that no one else was around to help the 6th year and being the person she was she just couldn't leave without offering a hand. She played with the fabric of the bandana she wore around her neck as she waited for an answer, the 6th year seemed kind, "I'm terribly sorry I haven't asked your name yet, my day has been a bit hectic so please forgive me" ,she stated as she extended her hand with another smile.

kp.jpg
2vjq6i0.jpg
29ommpw.jpg

Arienne scolded herself for not remembering the name. Arienne was always hard on herself. She was so out of the loop about everything; it was hard to catch up when everyone else had been here for years, and it didn't help that she had double the course load in order to catch up to her year. She smiled though, and accepted the girl's hand; Riku was unusually polite. Most students wouldn't be caught dead offering to do extra work; half of them didn't even do their homework. "I'm Arienne Nightshade. Most people call me Arie."

"It's been great. I've been learning a lot," she said with a grin. It was definitely worth all of the arguing with her parents. In the end she'd applied without their permission and managed to get in. Arienne stifled a yawn. "But feel like I haven't had a chance to get a proper night's sleep yet. I'm sorry, I just can't wait for dinner."

"Not here," she shrugged, her blonde curls bouncing with her shoulders. "I volunteered for extra shifts. Everyone else has better things to do at this time, I guess, but I kind of like it. " Arienne pulled out a corner of the bed nearest them and attempted to re-tuck it under the mattress. Riku's offer of help only made her realize how bad the beds looked. "It's that noticeable, huh? I'm absolutely rubbish at making the beds the right way. I guess I haven't had a much practice." She would have to ask the Charms professor for cleaning spells. "But honestly, since when have cleaning skills been the hallmark of a good healer?" She grumbled to Riku.

j59ri9.jpg
f4hhev.gif
29ommpw.jpg

"I did not intend to offend you with my offer I apologize" ,Riku snapped back. She then realized her tone wasn't the kindest, "Oh I'm terribly sorry my manners must've slipped for a moment, I never meant to insult your cleaning skills and no cleaning skills aren't the hallmark of a good healer I was just offering my help, I live on a ranch with my muggle family, I'm used to hard work and things like that" ,she explained. When Arienne pulled the corner from the bed Riku looked at it for a second, "It's not bad at all I can show you how to tuck it properly if you'd like" ,she offered.

Riku put her head down for a moment and sighed, her heart ached, she was exhausted, and she seemed to be bothering the woman before her which wasn't her intention at all. "I'm sorry you must be terribly busy and I must be getting on your last nerve, I seem to be getting on a lot of people's nerves lately, I'll get going if you want" ,she sighed.

kp.jpg
2vjq6i0.jpg
29ommpw.jpg

Had she been rude? Arienne didn't think so, but perhaps her frustration had come off that way. "No!" Arienne exclaimed, startled by the girl's behavior. "I'm sorry... I didn't mean to be rude. It wasn't your comment at all. Believe me, I understand how it feels to have to on all the time." It all rushed out of her before she could stop herself. Was she saying to much? Probably. She rubbed her head with the pads of her fingers for a second.

"You didn't insult me at all, actually. I'm my own harshest critic. Oh, and my parents." Arienne smiled, which didn't ordinarily happen at the thought of her parents. Again with the saying too much. "A ranch, like a farm?" she asked. "That sounds nice." She was no stranger to hard worker herself, but she felt that wasting her time as a maid wasn't what she was there for. "Unless there happens to be a sudden outbreak of Vanishing Sickness or a Quidditch injury, I've got nothing else to do for..." She turned her left wrist to check the watch she usually wore. "The next two hours or so. You're not getting on my nerves at all. Will you show me?" Arienne asked, plopping down on the foot of the bed. She kicked her legs out a bit, thinking that the bed couldn't get any more messed up than it already was.

Arienne raised her eyebrows, pouted, and looked up to Riku through her eyelashes. "Please?"

j59ri9.jpg
f4hhev.gif
29ommpw.jpg

"Oh please don't apologize I'm a little on edge you weren't rude at all in fact I was the only one being rude here" ,Riku said in response. Her eyes looking to Arienne, when the woman told Riku she didn't have anything to do for the next two hours and asked her to show her how to make the beds Riku smiled, "Ok I'll show you" ,she stated before making her way over to one of the beds. She grabbed the bottom end of the sheet and tucked it under the mattress first, "It's really simple after you tuck the front in" ,she stated before folding one of the sides in making sure to crease it. "It's just a matter of making everything really tight and presentable, that's what my mum always told me anyway". When she finished with the bed she looked back over to Arienne and smiled this time it wasn't forced, it was nice for someone to actually accept her help and talk to her. Riku hadn't talked to many people during the day mainly because she was too upset to think straight and even her friends in the school were avoiding her.

"So if you're not busy maybe we can go get something to eat, it seems as if you've been working your tail off in here and could use something to eat" ,Riku suggested as she put her hands in her pockets again. "We don't have to go to the great hall if you don't like crowds there are other places within the castle and in Hogsdale that we can go, that's of course if you want too and if you need to stay I can always have something brought up".

kp.jpg
2vjq6i0.jpg
29ommpw.jpg

Tagging: Anyone; Riku Taven

No. Bloody. Way. There's no way it was that easy. Arienne had been folding this way and turning that way and it turned out there was a really simple solution. She always over thought things. "Thanks," she said simply, being too caught up in her own mind to say anything else. She shook her head and let out a bubbly laugh . "I can't believe that's all there is to it. Thank you so much. I swear I'm going to invent a charm for hospital corners!"

Riku's suggestion of food made Arienne realize she'd only eaten a small lunch between rushing from one class to the next. Three bites of salad is hardly enough to sustain anyone. "I'm not supposed to leave," she said, a sly smile forming on her lips. "But seeing as no one else is here to help or supervise me, they can't think being here is very important. Why should I?" Arienne paused, thinking about what she wanted to do. "I don't know much about the town, but from what I've heard it's a nice place. I haven't had any time to get out of the castle," she explained.

j59ri9.jpg
f4hhev.gif
29ommpw.jpg

Riku let out a small laugh at Arienne's comment about inventing a charm for hospital corners, "It sure would make things a lot easier for people" ,she stated in response. When the woman mentioned she hadn't had any time out of the castle her eyes widened a bit, "Oh my then we must go out somewhere, anywhere, you need to get some fresh air love, we can take a walk through Hogsdale or we can go to the cove it's beautiful at night" ,Riku stated a small smile forming on her lips. She loved the cove, how the water looked under the moonlight and how the air smelled, the relaxing feeling she got when she laid down on the beach. "Well I say either way we get something for you to eat whether it be a picnic outside or eating in a restaurant" ,Riku stated kindly.

She adjusted the bandana that was around her neck then smiled, "Whatever you'd like to do just tell me and it will be done" ,she said with a smile. It was nice to actually talk to someone and someone who was kind to her, Riku was definitely in a better mood then she had been before and she was grateful to have met Arienne.

kp.jpg
2vjq6i0.jpg
29ommpw.jpg

"I don't have the time right now, but I'm definitely going to look into it when I get the chance. Possibly there is one already and I just don't know about it. But, no more maid service for me!" Arienne laughed, and slid off the bed and stood up in one swift motion. The soles of her flats made a sharp clapping noise as she hit the ground.

She brushed her curls back behind her shoulder and said, "Let's get out of here and get some food first. Wherever you prefer; I'm not too picky. " Arienne was generally not a suspecting person, but she had to wonder why the Ravenclaw wanted to accommodate her so. Perhaps it was just her nature, and Arienne shrugged it off. Most of the people she had met, including her dorm-mates, hadn't been this nice.

"And we'll go from there. Can you swim?" she asked. Merlin, she was missing out on all the fun. It was normal for her, to work hard and not play at all. But that's what happens when you constantly feel the need to prove yourself. "At the cove, I mean? I'm an awful swimmer but I love it as long as it's not too deep."

j59ri9.jpg
f4hhev.gif
29ommpw.jpg

Riku smiled brightly, "Alright let's make a stop at the Great Hall to pack a dinner and then we can head to the cove, I do know how to swim but I prefer more shallow water myself" ,she admitted. "We can always light a fire while down there and relax while we eat, I think it'll be good to get away for a little while, you seem to have worked hard all day and could use a nice relaxing break". Again Riku smiled, the young woman was kind to others even those who weren't so kind in return, she liked Arienne and thought she was quite friendly and knew that she would enjoy getting to know her. Riku then led the way out of the hospital wing happy to have found someone to hang out with for a little while.

(Exits to Great Hall)

kp.jpg
2vjq6i0.jpg
29ommpw.jpg

Tagging: Riku

Arienne took one look at the rest of the hospital wing and found herself satisfied with how tidy and organized she'd made it. Certainly no one could complain that she hadn't done her job, unless of course there happened to be a major injury somewhere on campus. But Arienne could be sure that if that were ho happen a teacher would be with them, and probably more experienced than she. Arienne took one last look at the clipboard, remembering the notes she'd written for later. Finally, she was getting to experience something fun, something more than having to make up tons of classes for being a transfer.

"Sounds amazing," Arienne replied with a smile. "I can't wait to see it!" Arienne followed the second year out of the hospital wing with a grin.

(Exits to great hall)

eyeglass13.jpg

Name (Nickname): Ryuusaku Taira (Ryu)
Attire: school robe with usual blue plo shirt
House/Year: Ravenclaw, 2nd year
Wand: 7.5 inches, elm with phoenix feather core.
Tagging: anyone
Time: Later Evening

Ryu walk to the hospital wing with amazed look. He always excited about how magic is so cool in europe. because in japan, magic isn't seen as a cool thing, but fearful. "oh my, I've always excited from the start since I enter this school" he said whispering. still in amazed look.

"I think it should be enough for now" Ryu said.
(exit corridors to Ravenclaw common room)

Back
Top Bottom