Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Harry Potter - Interest/Coordination

darkangel76

.:The Vampiric Fae:.
Supporter
All right, so I'm wanting to revamp and reopen the Harry Potter group I'd had going. Basically, I want to literally redo everything. There will be a few things that will be the same, as in some locations and the like, but I've streamlined everything and have tweaked quite a lot of it in hopes that this time around things can go a bit more smoothly than last PLUS, the underlying back story has changed a bit. So, hopefully we can breathe new life and new characters into this and start fresh and have a lot of fun with this… So, without further delays, the new and improved idea is the following:

BACKDROP:
It's been 75 years since the Great Wizarding War. Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry is still open and running, an inspiration to many. As such, more primary wizarding schools have opened up across the world along with a new university, Hogwarts University--now considered the sister school to the primary school of the legendary Harry Potter himself. Located in the northern part of England on the North Sea, Hogwarts University is a place for witches and wizards who wish to continue their studies after attending primary wizarding schools and earn degrees specializing in any of the magical progressions that litter the magical world. Hogwarts University opened about 10 years after the end of the Great Wizarding War as a safety precaution for future witches and wizards since there were rumors that the world still wasn't safe from the now bitter ancestors of those who'd followed He Who Must Not Be Named. Worried that there could indeed be another uprising, the university was fortified to be even stronger than its sister school primary school. Over the years, it has gotten a name for itself, considered to be one of the best wizarding universities of the world.

~~

UNDERLYING PLOT:
Though much time has passed since the Great Wizarding War and the daring deeds of the legendary Harry Potter, darkness is brewing once more. The evil values of the Death Eaters did not die with the death of Lord Voldemort as many had hoped it would. Instead, several held fast to their beliefs hoping that a new lord would rise in his stead… one more powerful than he. As such, they've kept quiet, muttering amongst themselves, holding true to their beliefs behind closed doors, secretly organizing themselves anew in hopes for that new leader's arrival. It's only a matter of time before someone steps up or someone is bold enough to speak their feelings bringing forth the truth of what is happening in dark corners and circles. Few speak of it and few have unfortunately fallen victim to these new abhorrent ideals. What will happen that fateful day when someone is bold enough to step forward and lead the followers who once followed the Dark Lord and take up the callings of the Dark Mark?

~~

STARTUP:
Hogwarts University is the sister school to Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry and is the main setting for this group RP. Like its sister school, it will follow a 7 year system, however the final 2 years will typically involve a bit more field work, which includes introductory payment within the field of choice. A major must be declared during one's 5th year. As for faculty, a professor can only teach UP TO TWO classes. No more. The school is run by Headmaster Orion Steele--a middle aged Half-Blood wizard with a penchant for theatrics, a good-humored joke and a love for celebrating the holidays. He attended the Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry as well as Hogwarts University and had been sorted into Gryffindor at both schools.

As for ages, the following WILL be assumed:
1st years are approximately 18, 19 yrs
2nd years are approximately 19, 20 yrs
3rd years are approximately 20, 21 yrs
4th years are approximately 21, 22 yrs
5th years are approximately 22, 23 yrs
6th years are approximately 23, 24 yrs
7th years are approximately 24, 25 yrs

Possible Majors/Minors include:
Astronomer, Arithmancer, Historian, Magical Law Enforcement, Auror, Mediwitch/Mediwizard, Healer, Journalist, Herbologist, Curse Breakers, Arithmancers, Magizoologist, Spell Inventors, Potioneer, Professor, Charmer, Tradesmen, other…

Classes that can be taken include:
Arithmancy
Astronomy
Care of Magical Creatures
Charms
Defense Against the Dark Arts
Divination
Flying
Healing
Herbology
Magical History
Magical Law
Magizoology
Muggle Defense
Muggle Healing
Muggle Studies
Potions
Shop
Transfiguration

~~

CHARACTERS NEEDED:

Students
Ravenclaws (1st - 7th years)
Slytherins (1st - 7th years)
Gryffindors (1st - 7th years)
Hufflepuffs (1st - 7th years)
Transfers (2nd - 7th years)

Faculty
Arithmancy Prof
Astronomy Prof
Care of Magical Creatures Prof ~ Ashley Reyes
Charms Prof ~ Isobel Destima
Dark Arts Prof ~ Remus Lupin
Divination Prof ~ Gabriel Alexanderson
Flying Prof ~ Sebastian Kozlof
Heal Arts Prof
Herbology Prof ~ Ashley Reyes
Magical History Prof
Magical Law Prof ~ Chadwick Breaden
Magizoology Prof
Muggle Defense Prof ~ Chadwick Breaden, Paxton Fettel (assisting)
Muggle Healing Prof ~ Paxton Fettel
Muggle Studies Prof
Potions Prof ~ Remus Lupin
Shop/Trade Prof
Transfiguration Prof ~ Andrew Finik

Staff
Castle Caretaker
Games Keeper
Grounds Keeper
Librarian
Mediwitch/Mediwizard
Quidditch Coach

Other
Varying blood statuses
Death Eater values vs not… and everything in between

okay give a bit i might end up joining this again already looking into it question will i get loured in the end.

I hope that people will be interested in doing this 'revamp' of the original that had actually done fairly well. To help spur on the interest for revival, I've posted up 3 characters I hope to play. Once we get some interest, we can start discussing things in the OOC rather than in here. This thread is mainly just to learn who is interested in actually joining up. :)

okay i cant resist count me in do i pm you the profile first if so i shall do it tomorrow

Yes, just like before and like in all group RPs I run, please send me the profile before you post it on up. :)
Thanks!!! YAY for more interest!!!

Hello. You can do either or both, if you'd like. Just fill out the character templates and then submit them to me for approval. :)

Back
Top Bottom