Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Dead Inside (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phanatik

Super-Earth
Starting Post:

In a room with hardly any pieces of furniture except for a bed, a bedside table and an empty wardrobe, Liam sat on the floor against the wall furthest from the door. He didn't know who the family that used live here were, only that they had opted-out like so many others. They were in the living room, the dad was the only sitting on a chair with a shotgun in his hand while the rest of his family lie on the floor with their brains all over the carpet. Liam relieved him of the gun since the father had completed his task with it. Liam added it to his arsenal consisting of only a combat knife he took off a dead soldier and a pistol with only a few rounds in the magazine. He felt the lingering pain in his stomach reminding him that he was hungry. He was always hungry, it was when he got really hungry that he actually ate.

Until that time came, he would just sit tight and write this note before he left it in every building he'd stay in. Just so he stayed sane and so that he didn't forget what he had done. It read, "I once met this guy, really nice guy. He offered to help me out, share some of his food with him. I figured he was lonely so I joined him. We started talking and we traded stories, told jokes as if we were best buds. We both knew we weren't but it was the best we could do when the world went to shit. He told me his name was Sean, don't really remember his surname. He had this thing in his backpack, a pistol. I could tell it only had a couple bullets left but he had it and I wanted it. So I waited, I waited until he was asleep that I took this rock and hit him on the head with it. Knocked him out cold and I took his backpack, gun, food and all. Just left him there with a couple walkers gnawing at his insides while I ran. I still have everything I took from him, except for some of the food he had. I wish I hadn't done that. He was a loner, he had something which could have protected him and I wanted it; so I took everything he had. I even took his life. I didn't pull the trigger on him but I took away his chance to live. This is what I've become. The world hasn't changed; we have".

RE: Dead Inside (Open)

Mia figured the safest place to be is where 'they' can't get too, as far as she knew, they couldn't climb. She has been taking refuge on top of a building, where she clumsily and slowly climbed up many apartment windows.

There, she had a brilliant 360 view of the land around her, and plenty of boxes of ammunition for the sawn Off shotgun she acquired from a chewed up person...

Over the edge she tied a white piece of materiel to an old ariel, signaling to any survivors that she is up there, and means no harm.

Up there, she sits and reads the same book over and over, keeping an eye and an ear out for any survivers...

Just like he usually did when he stopped to rest in a building, Liam left the note on the bed before he began counting the last couple of pages in the small notebook he'd found. Can only write five more of these before I need to find another empty notebook which doesn't have scribbles all over it. He thought, recalling the time when he found a book which had nothing scribbles from beginning to end. A gigantic waste of paper as well as ink. Liam put the pen back into his trouser pocket and picked up the shotgun, walking through the house and outside. He looked left and right for any walkers; there were a couple to his left and one on front of him. He decided that he could slip past the one several meters in front without it detecting him.

He walked crouched and his gun lowered but the fireaxe raised. He needed to be quiet or he'd draw more walkers and alert any survivors of his presence. He made sure to stay at the same pace as it was going and after some minutes of following and checking his surroundings, Liam slowly backed into an alleyway towards the main road. Since it was an open space, he picked a point of interest he could work towards. He needed an objective to focus on so that he was up-to-date on conserving his energy. He chose the hospital some fifty meters down south.

Maybe he'd find bandages in case he gets attacked or more Vicodin, since he was running low. By this time, Liam knew he was addicted to painkillers. Whether because it numbed the pain in his body or it was to cope with the apocalypse, he had no idea. But at the moment, he had more tablets of Vicodin than rounds for both of his guns put together.

Mia sits reading, getting vaigly bored of the book she was reading...She throws the book across the roof, before gazing over the edge. As she looks over, she sees the man she saw not long ago...She watched every move they made, listened to their laughs that echoed the empty city. She watched them kill the undead hordes together. She watched him drop that rock onto his head, the crack of his shattering skull echoed the landscape. Her stomach churned uneasily. This guy looked like bad news..

She dipped her head, she really did not want to get tangled with this man.…
She rushes to the white material on the ariel, and attempts to rip it off... at the same time, attracting eyes of the undead...groaning and stretching their arms toward the sky.

Her feet slip on the crumbling roof, leaving her panicked, and looking for a way back onto the safety of the roof...
eventually, she lifts herself up...

she watches some undead creap behind this stranger... something, just something...wanted him to survive... she grabs some ammon for a normal shotgun, and throws it down for him...it clatters onto the floor besides his feet..

The hospital seemed like it was desolate as the road leading to it. He continued his crouched walk, hugging the side of the road while he did. He made sure his shotgun was kept low and his axe at shoulder height, so that he knew to swing the axe at anything within range of it and the shotgun with a roughly longer distance than the axe. The shotgun itself was a double-barrel, shoots twice the shells than a normal pump-action shotgun with ten times the power, accuracy and to Liam's misfortune, noise.

He was passing the wall of a playground across the street from a small apartment building and he had to jump slightly when a box of shells for his shotgun landed by his feet. He looked down at it then at the apartment building, seeing the person that threw it on the roof but the building had a couple walkers by it who hadn't noticed him yet.

Moans made him turn to look behind and see a walker right up behind him but it was too close for him to attack it with the axe. He fell back while trying to swing the axe with the walker landing on his feet. Liam kicked at its head, trying to create some distance between them so that he could get to the axe. It was too far away, he had to shoot it.

He raised the shotgun, opening the box full of ammo and quickly loading two shells into the barrel. The walker had recovered and was no crawling towards his feet again, its arms outstretched, nails clawing for his skin. He aimed and quickly fired at the head, seeing it practically blow up as well as create a ringing sound in his ear. Liam looked to the right and saw the walkers turn to look at him and make their approach, hands and teeth ready for his body.

He got up and grabbed his axe. He couldn't kill all of them in one swing of the axe and he couldn't risk using the shotgun again so he took his next option. He dropped the shotgun and took out his pistol, firing a couple rounds aimed loosely at their heads. Two went down but the other three were still coming. He managed to take another one out before the gun clicked empty.

"Shit!" He hissed, dropping the handgun as well.

He raised the axe, ready to take them both on.

Mia watched, he eyes wide open in complete shock.. He's going to get eaten... She shoves 4 ammo boxed in her jean pockets, picks up her double barrel sawn off shotgun and begins to make her way down the building, killing any undead on her way down...
When at the bottom, and the coast clear, she shouts to him..

"Over hear!"

Not daring to open fire, with them so close to him, it could cause him injury too. not by bad aim, mias aim was conciderably very amazing. No, it was a risk as the sawn off fires a multitude of lead balls, and not just one single bullet. this had it's pros and cons, but right now, she just needed to help the surviver.

He doesn't look around, she is forced to run to him, bumping softly into him as she skids to a halt...
She aim the sawn off at a bunch of undead, firing...sending fractions of their heads to fly up into the air, showing their dead brains.. another shot and the brain too explodes, they fall to the floor twitching slightly.

She looks over her shoulder to see some running toward us..
Without saying a word she runs back to her building, and begins to climb up the windows again..

They were getting closer; Liam's heart drummed against his chest as he held the axe, ready to swing it at them. Before he did, someone bumped into him and ran back towards the apartment building after she blew the heads off of the two walkers in front of them. Her shots drew more in and this time, he was alone when she returned to her perch back on the roof where she threw the box of shotgun shells. He quickly swiped up his shotgun and handgun, the handgun returning to its place in the back of his trousers and the shotgun went back into Liam's hands.
He ran into the apartment, thinking he'd have a better chance of surviving the walkers if he wasn't try to climb up the building with all his stuff. He got to the first apartment that he could see, a little way up the stairs. He smashed open the door, running inside and throwing his back to the floor. The moans and groans of the walkers started to send tremors up and down his spine so he closed the door before they got to the apartment. He sat down, leaning against the door to stop them from entering the apartment. He quickly loaded two shells into the shotgun and then got up, removing himself from the path of the door.
Once he was up and just before the walkers opened the door, he fired at them through the wood, guessing where their heads would be. The dispersion of the shot tore them apart. This place was quickly turning into a warzone, they had to stop shooting or they'd get swarmed by every walker in the city. He left his shotgun by his bag and ran into the hallway with the axe in hand. He cut down a couple more walkers in the building before they stopped coming. He exhaled, his body returning to normal after the huge adrenaline rush.
He had wasted all his handgun ammo, used loads of his shotgun ammo, he was tired and hungry. But right now, he wasn't alone. Someone had decided to save him for whatever reason but they created more problems than solutions. She may have helped him but she certainly did not save his life.

Mia looks around for the stranger...She hoped he'd have followed her to safety, to no avail...
Suddenly a thought jumped into her mind...
She rushes down onto the ground again, well armed with ammo and a stabbing knife close to hand. She begins to run in the direction of the police station, looking cautiously, it appears to be untouched.
Right now her agility and stamina being her best friend.

After climbing to the roof, and finding the roof entrance she scrambles into the building, and hurries to find the room with all the weapons...

There it is...
It's locked... "Fuck.. FUCK YOU" she gets angry, and kicks the door with rage, causing it to swing open... she looks, her mouth dropping to a distinctive ' 0 '

She looks at the weaponry...And is absolutely breathless

His bag and guns were still in the apartment so Liam doubled-back to get them. He slung the backpack over his shoulder and put two more rounds into the shotgun. Just to keep calm, he ingested two pills of Vicodin before he made his way to the entrance to the apartment only to be blocked by a walker who had probably heard the gunfire. All Liam had to do was stab the axe into its cranium and kick its corpse through the open door. He proceeded down the street as quietly as he could towards his previous objective, the hospital, to find medical supplies until he got delayed.

He constantly checked the areas around him as he crouch-walked through the street, narrowly avoiding a walker. He saw how messy it got with the shotgun even though it kept him alive. Every shot with the shotgun was a huge life-risk and on top of that, he met someone who had decided to shoot two more shots using their shotgun, adding to the amount of aggro coming at them. He needed ammo for his handgun since it was his other lifeline, other than the axe which had been more than useful. The axe was quiet as opposed to using guns that drew a lot of attention and not just from walkers but they also alert other survivors to your presence. Something Liam wanted to keep a secret.

It took him longer to get to the hospital than he had hoped but he had arrived eventually. He darted to the pharmacy and started shoving packets of bandages into his bag. He even threw in a blood bag in case he got shot or something. He didn't find any Vicodin to his disappointment. He found some vending machines that hadn't been looted yet so he broke the glass, reaching inside and stuffing his bag with some packets of crisps, a bar of chocolate and two bottles of soda. Satisfied and with a full bag, Liam ran to the back entrance of the hospital and quickly walked to the forest, somewhere he could set up camp and get away from the city.

Mia ruffled through and found a back pack, shoved unholy amounts of ammo into it, filling her pockets, and even packed some into her bra. Also a couple of grenades and a Air-soft Mp5 and a PSS silent pistol.. She couldn't keep going on attracting them..

After scrabbling onto the roof, she sees her safe point surrounded by those things..
"Shit.. No chance.." She loaded the Mp5 sniper and aimed...

Not before she heard a loud bang, a sound that shatters the air, sending the ground to rumble, glass in buildings to break...Mia gets an intense shock-wave run through her, sending her to slip, and fall off the building, twisting her ankle as she lands...

"Bollocks.." She whispers through gritted teeth, confused and as she attempts to get up, just to be crippled by agony.

Luckily, the dead are too attracted to something down the road...
There on the floor in pain, she tries to figure out her next move...Eventually she will need to move... and quickly.. Not because of the undead, but because of that survivor..If her was to see her week, he would quite possibly kill her for her ammunition and weapons..

[[Am i going the wrong way about the Rp? Or boring you as you've seemed to not be interested any more? Let Me Know..]]

Liam kept heading towards the treeline as it was his only hope of escaping the craziness in the city. He was forced to stop in the middle of an field, the forest roughly a hundred meters ahead with grass reaching as high as his shins. He halted because his salvation was faltered by the presence of more walker and when he turned he saw a clear route except that it led back into the city, something he had hoped to avoid. He had no other worthy option but to go back and once he was back onto the streets, the walkers were on the move but not towards him. He hid in a dark corner within an alley as they passed him unknowingly on the street. He was curious to see what was attracting them so once the horde passed by, he quietly followed, keeping a safe distance from the walker in the rear of the herd. Liam slipped into a building that overlooked the street, the same one the walkers were trodding on. He watched them go on until he heard the roar of a car engine and the whooping of rednecks. It wasn't long before the guns started firing and the walkers' brains were all over the sidewalk. The only two things that concerned him was either the rednecks were going to find him and his resources or the other survivor and her ammunition. Either way, they might not be so friendly. He headed back down the way he came, going back towards the street but taking cover behind a dumpster while the rednecks went passed and into the direction where he encountered the other survivor.

Mia winces with agony as she stands, she pick up the back pack and slings it over her back once more.
There was something a little weird about the group of hordes, she hobbles toward the nearest wall, and props herself up onto it...
She can see the survivor from earlier running around, trying his best not to be seen..
"Oh Shi.." she whispers... and struggles back to her feet again, hobbling off around the corner, hopefully out of sight...there she finds a box and sits on it, looking about her surroundings and massaging her swollen ankle...it will be fine soon, she thinks to herself.
Then a thought crosses her mind...
"Fuck" her air-soft riffle is still on the roof...
She is only armed with a knife...and that will really get her far..She needed that weapon..
She begins to stand on the box... but...it's no use..

RE: Dead Inside (Needs People)

Liam went through the backalleys behind the buildings lining the main road where the rednecks were passing by. He found the building where he ran into the survivor but when he had gone in through the back entrance, she was nowhere to be found. He left the same way he came, through the back entrance, careful not to make too much noise. He continued his search to the next alley that was also empty but something was hidden in the corner. He slowly approached, trying to see if it was hostile or not, his axe at the ready. Once he recognized her, his pace quickened until he was crouched next to her, hoping he was as well-hidden as she was.
"You okay?" He whispered to her, putting the axe behind him and raising the shotgun.
He knew that if the rednecks wanted their stuff, Liam wanted to make sure that they worked for it.

RE: Dead Inside (Needs People)

Phanatik said:
Liam went through the backalleys behind the buildings lining the main road where the rednecks were passing by. He found the building where he ran into the survivor but when he had gone in through the back entrance, she was nowhere to be found. He left the same way he came, through the back entrance, careful not to make too much noise. He continued his search to the next alley that was also empty but something was hidden in the corner. He slowly approached, trying to see if it was hostile or not, his axe at the ready. Once he recognized her, his pace quickened until he was crouched next to her, hoping he was as well-hidden as she was.
"You okay?" He whispered to her, putting the axe behind him and raising the shotgun.
He knew that if the rednecks wanted their stuff, Liam wanted to make sure that they worked for it.

Mia jumps as he comes over and crouches to her, whispering down her ear, she shifts uneasily backing away from him.
"I've seen.." she stutters, remembering the crack of his fellows skull under the rock... She backs away further... fright in her eyes.. She gets up to run, cripleing under the pain of her twisted anckle..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom