Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Taunton Academy OoC Thread

Karameida

Sometimes a Dream, Sometimes a Nightmare
All Out of Character Chatter should be done in here. Enjoy yourselves~

Sorry for the delay, Taunton Academy is open for posting. Go ahead and have fun!
If you have any idea's for the RP go ahead and let me know here ^^

Just to let everyone know I'm gonna be borrowing the NPC Travis for a little bit.

I had a few questions (or thoughts or what have you) and hopefully some that might help get our characters interacting, those who will be joining to do so and post and for us to have a little direction as far as an underlying plot....... There was something mentioned back in the 'interest' thread about a few of the potential goals and what have you for this RP--finding the director of the academy, discovering the creature within the depths of the lake, affirming the 'darkness', forming factions..... and I know it's been brought up about a few other things as well, which I won't go into at this time. But anyway, I was wondering if the 3 of us who are at least posting at this time wanted to discuss some of this stuff to hopefully get those who are going to be joining pumped to post along with a direction to see where things are going...... and something to discuss and contribute toward so that they might be a bit more compelled to post since it's possible that they aren't sure what to do. Of course, people just might be having schedule issues, but just in case.... I thought it might be a good idea to do this. And, in all actuality, I thought it might be good to do this anyway to help keep things moving. I'd really hate to see this die off. Also, I think there will be a higher chance that even more people will want to join in if they see an active OOC thread and what not. But again, this is just my own thoughts and opinions. Feel free to take them or leave them. Just trying to help out and such. :)

Anyway, hopefully all of our characters will get to interact with each other soon.

I am so sorry for not posting or anything ><;

I've had some problems lately with sleep. I will try to get a post up later tonight or tomorrow.

Anyways as to what DA said I think that's a good idea....There are several goals perhaps we should try and get one going at least.....some of the goals once achieved will possibly lead to other goals.

Any ideas ._.?

Also very late but I'm not going to be using that NPC after all so he's all open to be used and what not x3

Ok this Group does have a main goal in mind but as of right now I want to try and get people and their characters introduced into the setting.

I'm still open to character profiles, NPC profiles, and ideas anyone may have ^^

All right... that said, should we then focus on getting them to eventually interact at some point? Perhaps they can cross paths somewhere either expectantly or unexpectantly. I'm game either way there. Or, we can have them still be on their own for a post or so more... whichever. :) I just want to have an idea since it's just the 3 of us and we're all posting in different locations at this point for the start up.

Im thinking I might eventually make a thread inside the school and have everyone converge there for a reason or another [maybe work on a reason] to sort of introduce everyone in a semi-easy manner. Instead of having everyone accidentally stumble upon each other I think it would be easier to have everyone meet in one area for some reason.

What do you think about that?

That's fine by me. I'm fairly fluid and adaptable that way and willing to work with mostly anything that comes at me... within reason of course. And what you're saying sounds more than reasonable to me. Perhaps something about the 'darkness' can beckon or pull them together somehow. Not saying that they are called to evil, just that it somehow has a pull seeing that they are all a part of the academy. Just a thought to get the creativity flowing. :)

Just to let everyone know, that right now it's night time in the school and it's surrounding areas.​

Should we add in a 'time' slot then in the headers for this then? Perhaps just before where we tag who we are potentially talking to or are talking to with our characters?

Perhaps....just to let people who potentially won't pay attention to the OoC thread...

Well, you can always add it in to your existing template for the newcomers, make an official announcement in here and then PM those of us who are involved. That would get the point across, lol. XD

I've already added into the template for newcomers, I've altered mine, I'll let kitty know when I talk to her later as well as cheshire. That really just leaves Nekro and since he hasn't posted yet I'll let him know in a message.

Alright

I was thinking though, about something to bring them together... Im thinking that perhaps "The Darkness" is connected to everybody through their different insanities....

I have a vague idea of how I want to work that sort of link but I'm not really sure how...

I have made an Edit to my Second characters Profile "Nesa's" in case anyone might be confused on what her doppelganger is.

Ok, I'm really sorry for all the changes and what not but in the "Time" Section of the header, don't worry about putting a specific time. Just put, Night, Day, Dusk, Dawn, afternoon whatever the time of day might be.

>_<

Again I'm really sorry everyone!!!

S'all good. So, with it being approximately 1:30ish AM, I'm going to assume late night/early morning will be ok? If not, I can always tweak it later.... XD But I'm probably going to be posting for Emilie soonish in the Academy. :)

Ok just a quick announcement....due to some complications, DA will be the GM of this thread. I'll still be active here in the Ooc but, DA will be in charge and keep things going.

Sorry everyone....

Not a problem, I'll do what I can. Just remember.... anyone new coming in, profiles still go to Kara and discussions about ideas still go here. I want everyone discussing them openly and I want Kara to see what's being discussed. Final call will still be hers. Soooooo...... that said, given where we all are, let's see where we might want to go. There were a few things that had been brought up before. So perhaps now is a good time to discuss them and work toward them. Having a direction and a few goals can get us a bit focused and we can go from there. I expect more goals to crop up as we go and when they do we can put them forth here. :)

So, first thing first.... we can get our characters acquainted (which is sort of going on at present). Once that's wrapped up, maybe we can bring them together back at the academy. Kara had mentioned that there would be some sort of common deal between them all. So, if she'd like to bring that up, that would be great and we can try to incorporate that. Another thing that seems to be brewing by the Lakeshore, however, is that the characters are sensing the creature in the lake. So, I'm thinking that those characters will probably be wanting to check that out a bit more at some point down the line. That brings up another point that Kara had wanted to possibly bring into this group--a cave system behind the waterfall. This could open up a whole other thing for us on a slew of levels.

So..... not sure if Kara had something specific in mind for the caves or if she wanted to let us sort of create our own story for that seeing as they've been hidden. Perhaps the village doesn't know of them nor those who've run the academy? Maybe it has to do with the disappearances? Maybe there are demons skulking there or other nasties? Or who knows.... it could lead to 'elsewhere'... possibilities are endless really.

So, thoughts on that? And definitely we'll want Kara's input. But I figured I'd get that all out on the table for discussion to hopefully get people amped up. I know I'd LOOOOOVE to see this thing more active. So much potential!!! :)

Thank you DA.

Yes, I think it would be a good idea to get everyone together and get things flowing a little more smoothly. The link between them I was think would have something to do with the "thing" that haunts the Academy. A link that would sort of be something that would "draw" them all together at certain points throughout the RP for whatever reasons. [Perhaps one being the missing head of the Academy.]

As for the lake monster and the cave system's I hadn't put much thought into how I wanted the cave systems to work, I'd thought about maybe letting the people sort of create it as they go along [Just so long as it doesn't get out of hand.] I would like it to be something that is unknown by the Townsfolk as well as the Academy and it's staff. Just something that is sort of "accidentally" discovered by the students. [Perhaps saying another student had gone down to the lake and had "found" something kind of causing more curiosity in the lake and eventually the finding of the cave systems.] As for the caves themselves, the idea's are limitless, I'm not sure in which direction they should lead, with the disappearances, another dimension [there will definitely be monsters skulking about in there.] The cave systems themselves will have no "definite" end.

The lake monster I'm not exactly sure what I wish to do with that either....so any idea's would be liked and very helpful. So if anyone else has any idea's or inputs please feel free to post them =3.

Something else I was thinking of for the cave system's is perhaps the discovery of something inside the caves [something besides the monsters and creatures.] something that would interconnect with the main idea/story of the whole RP. That is also something that is up for discussion.

Sorry for the delay in posting. As I noted in my journal, I just got into a new relationship. As a result, and because RL comes first, my GF gets a lot of my time. I've typed up my next post and will get out up ASAP.

Back
Top Bottom