Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Warning Level?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was just curious what this Warning Level is that I see in the upper right -hand side of all of my posts. I can see it only attached to my own posts. So... yeah; what is this and how is it determined?

Warning levels are doled out if you break a rule. Usually you have to have broken the rule a couple of times before you get one though, unless the rule is on the more serious side. But if you've received a verbal/PM warning about breaking rules and continue to break them, that warning level will go up. The higher it gets, the closer you get to being banned. Some rules when broken will just render you banned, like loli/shota or being underage.

Thank you for clarifying. At first, I didn't know if it was a Creep-o-Meter for other members to use as a reference to how OOCly clingy or creepy that you can be, or a meter of how frequently you just drop an RP without notice. When I noticed that I could only see my own, those theories went out the window.

Now that I know for certain what that is, I might have a suggestion to contribute here as well. A meter related to how often you just up and drop an RP without so much as a PM might be beneficial to some people. How hard do you think something like that would be to implement?

mind if I come in at this point?.....as much as I'd like to see it, you can't 'ding' someone just because they left without a word....it's bad manners and shitty on line etiquette yes, but hardly something fineable. I knew a guy on another RP site a while back that must've spent too much time on it, 'cause his wife gave him an ultimatum and told him it would have to be either the site or her....he left like a bat outa hell

I am not suggesting that there be any kind of punishment or penalties for this, but it would be a nice sort of warning for those looking for a potential partner. I know that this was a serious problem back on the last writing site that I was a part of.

For example, if someone has a very high post number, but a low warning score, then it can be assumed that they are a reliable partner. On the other hand, someone with a low post number and high number to match, might not be so reliable. There wouldn't be any actual punishment for the latter, but it would be nice to at least know that there is a possible flight risk there for people starting something with them.

But you don't know how that person is, or what they are going through. Typically, I don't tell people I am dropping their RP, because I'd have to be honest. "Hey, you aren't a great writer, actually, and it's a pain in the ass to reply to you. Later." That's more offending than just ending the RP with no word. I'm not going to lie to them.

I think I'd have to leave the site if this was implemented. It's even more rude than what it would 'benefit'.​

That number would also work on all of the OOC threads on the site. If someone were to respond to "What are you listening to", for example, and never post again, they would be 'punished' because they dropped the thread simply because they had nothing else to say.

I believe several people would run the risk of leaving the site if that came into play. And those people who must leave for real life issues then return would certainly feel the affects, and that's not fair to them at all.

Or if you're saying that members would control the number level for such a thing like voting on members rather than it being an automatic function, we already tried that here. We had stars next to threads where a person could vote 1 to 5 stars on every thread, from the requests, general discussion and even actual rp threads. It was abused and sometimes used to harass members or used like a popularity contest. It was finally taken away.

http://bluemoonroleplaying.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=28710

People might be wondering where the rating system suddenly went. And the answer to that is that it simply has been turned off. The main reason for this is because it really plays no role in how this site and community thrives. And, in some cases, it really does more damage than good. That said, it's turned off and won't be turned back on any time soon. In no way will this affect your ongoing threads and the like. So, continue to have fun posting and RPing!

People abandoning role-plays is one of the things you will never get rid of no matter how much incentive you give people to be "courteous" or give prior notice. Some people find it more rude to tell people their reasons for leaving. It's one of those things that you just gotta let roll off your back and not let it affect your optimism when finding a partner.

Ah, I see. Yes, Rudolph Quin got what I was trying to say. I was unaware that the feature was already implemented and tried. -sigh- Gotta love when a few bad apples spoil the bunch. Ah well.

Sorry I couldn't have answered this sooner and saved a lot of trouble. Thank you Quin for your reply because it more or less says what I'd have said. Basically, don't expect to see anything like rating or voting or 'warning who drops what' any time soon or, really, ever. If you're really worried about it, be up front and ask the person you plan to RP with before you take the plunge, otherwise take your chances. Everyone is different and handles how they end RPs (be it ending, dropping, whatever) differently. Such is life. You can always PM an inquiry if you are wondering and they can choose to either reply or ignore. Regardless, just move on and that is that. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom