Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Dinner at Your Place

XXtraPrince

Supporter
Supporter
OK, I got this idea from another Member (surprise, surprise): what did you have for dinner? We're not looking for a seat at your table, just a little vicarious salivation. So come clean, come messy or whatever....

I'll lead from the front (I don't live in Washington):

New Year's at the Landrys' - pea soup, roast spiral ham, black-eyed and yellow-eyed peas with mixed peppers and green onions, scalloped potatoes and buttered croissants. Delicious! I married a great cook.

Ohhh...I like this thread! (And that sounded delish, Prince!)

New Year's Day Menu at our house:

Blackeyed peas, Steamed cabbage w/smoked sausage, candied carrots and buttermilk cornbread. For dessert we had an coconut/pecan cake!

And for tonight's dinner, I think we're going to have a burrito pie...

picxr5YUY.jpg

I have a HUGE pot of hamburger stew on the stove! It's loaded with with yummy (healthy) veggies: Cabbage, carrots, celery, onions, green peas, potatoes, rice and stewed tomatoes! Can't wait to have a bowl with cornbread!!

Cooking up some Anasazi beans for dinner, seasoned with smoked ham, onions and garlic. Will be delicious with the buttermilk cornbread I just pulled from the oven. And for dessert? Pineapple upside down cake! Yum yummm!!

Tonight's menu was chicken fajita's, refried beans, and Spanish rice. For dessert: Pecan pie!

Last night: smothered steak (cooked in an electric frying pan with much mumbo-jumbo and East Texas incantations; sounded like "cuss words" to me), mashed potatoes, string beans and eight-grain bread. Worth the considerable wait and all the mysticism.

I'm closing my kitchen today... I've earned a "dinner out" tonight. :) Will it be a steak dinner? Or perhaps an Italian, Chinese or Mexican cuisine?

There's a new Yum Brands multi-function fast-food joint nearby, and for a late lunch we went there, and had Long John's fish and chicken with hush-puppies, and fries from Kentucky Fried Chicken next door. Costs a small fortune to have "fish and chips" this way, but damn, was it good!

Somehow, I managed to "undercook" the rice in my pot of "Chicken and Rice", but we crunched our way through it. :p It did have a delicious flavor, however. :p Steamed broccoli and cornbread was also served.

I'm a firm believer in the "Bush (41) Doctrine": Republicans don't have to eat broccoli.

And, in my time, I've "crunched my way" through a pot or two of under-cooked rice (and over-cooked other things). If your family didn't see cause to involve the FDA, it must have been all to the good.

*Laughs* My hubby is Republican, (he was registered Democrat when we married, but changed his party affiliation AFTER I married him), but he's learned to LOVE broccoli now! :p

Tonight, it is a bacon wrapped pork tenderloin (they had them on sale, 10 or $10.00), a pasta salad, along with some green beans steamed with small, red potatoes. And I whipped up a "lazy man's peach cobbler" this morning for dessert!

I had chicken tenders from "Speedy's" (a local convenient store). I was given the night off from cooking and having to clean up the kitchen afterwards! *Sighs* It's hectic being a sex AND domestic goddess at the same time! :p

Sometimes, it's hard trying to come up with new ideas and fun things to whip up in the kitchen!

tumblr_mh8hymb6NP1qg7xwvo1_500.jpg

Tonight it was "breakfast for dinner", with ham steak, scrambled eggs, hash browns and biscuits and gravy! Oh, and coffee and OJ to wash it all down!

My wife is a superb cook (that's why I married her), while I might better be described as a "survival cook". But tonight with The Old Ball and Chain clamoring for a night-off in the kitchen, it was my turn:

Number Nine pork chops, stuffing, potatoes au gratin and Fordhook lima beans, with Grandé biscuits.

Both of us are still breathing.

Wow! Sounds like one delicious heart attack. ^^^^

Tonight I awoke to the smell of cheese and meat and found a shepherd pie in the oven. The fiance's specialty. Took some to work tonight.

My babe's Italian, so he made Pesto Alfredo with garlic breadsticks and cannolis for dessert. From scratch!

Oh he can cook.

And Camille, your meals sound just superb, are you a professional cook?

Kiandra_Black said:
My babe's Italian, so he made Pesto Alfredo with garlic breadsticks and cannolis for dessert. From scratch!

Oh he can cook.

And Camille, your meals sound just superb, are you a professional cook?

Why thank you, Kiandra. I'm not a professional cook, but I do enjoy puttering around in the kitchen and trying new recipes.

At our house tonight, it was left over meatloaf, Anasasi beans w/cornbread, and ranch baked potatoes. For dessert we had banana pudding. :)

Back
Top Bottom