Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Resurgence: Year Zero

Status
Not open for further replies.

Preoccupied

Meteorite
"This is Audiolog #1, Year Zero, Day 6: Earth has fallen to a virus, an infection that almost wiped out humanity as we knew it. The infection, from what people can gather, kills you in a matter of hours after being affected. Afterwards, it reanimates the body, causing severe hunger for human flesh and/or organs. The few that survived the struggle day in and day out, are hoping that one day they'll wake from the nightmare called Year Zero. We, as a species are referring to the End of Days as Year Zero, starting all over. My plan... My plan is to find a save haven, of sorts, and rescue anyone I can and scavenge as much as possible. My Name is Ethan Theodore Price and I will save humanity." The world has been infected. The sky turned dark green then pitch black the night of the outbreak. Survivors have taken on roles and are trying to band together and protect themselves from other survivors and 'zombies'. We, whoever choses to group with me, are searching for a cure or a way to eradicate the infection. Everyone has audiobooks in which they have their audiologs, aka a electronic diary. It isn't necessary to speak in it every day or at all but it is an easy way to clear up any confusion or state facts that might've been confused. The world has ended. Will humanity band together or rip itself apart?

*THE LITERACY* I don't really mind how much you write but there are consquences for writing too little and too much. If your not going to write a lot at least give the person your RPing with something to work with and if you write a lot know that it might take someone awhile to reply as they might have to think of something or might save it for the next day.
*THE OOC/PROFILES* http://bluemoonroleplaying.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=39183
Skill Meanings
Melee Combat- How well you can handle a close range weapon from a wooden paddle to a samurai sword. 0 being "I will definitely hurt myself with this" and 10 being "I am one with my [Insert weapon here]."
Gun Prof- How capable you are at using a firearm such as a cruddy peashooter to a barrett fifty cal. 0 being " I've shot myself already" and 10 being "I CAN curve bullets."
Medicine- How you handle situations involving injuries or curing minor infections. 0 being "I regret to inform you that I have poisoned you on accident" 10 being "Current Objective: Curing the World."
Construction/Repair- How well you can make weapons, mod weapons, weld doors, craft living equipment, and build fortitfications. 0 being "I've destroyed more than I've built" and 10 being "There are no flaws in anything I make for I am Me."
Scavenging- How refined your search skills are from food, medicine, and scrap metal to hidden underground safehavens. 0 being "I was once an Adventurer like you until..." and 10 being "My eyes peer into the soul of the hidden."
Leadership- How inspirational your actions and words are from causing a member to fight harder than usual, attacking in BAMF formation with all sides watched, or just plain keeping the group calm. 0 being "I told them i'd be leader if pigs ever fly or there's an apocalypse..." and 10 being "This is a game of chess; you are the pawns and I am the player."
Cooking- How well you craft culinary creations out of scraps from a simple soup to filet mignon. 0 being "WHAT HAVE I DONE?!" and 10 being "I don't cook food; Food cooks itself. I am the most interesting man..."
Endurance- How hard you can push yourself to do stressful/strenous tasks from kicking a door open to scaling a mini-skyscraper. 0 being "I have trouble making it down the hallway" and 10 being "Fatigue? What is this word of which you speak?"

Tech Skills (+ or - your character traits. Max is 10 points. )
Technicians are superior to all other roles at crafting, modding, and building equipment and structures for the group to utilize. They suffer when it comes to close range combat so a Tech by themself could be an issue. A major plus to any survivor group but not necessary.
Melee Combat 3
Gun Prof 5
Medicine 4
Construction/Repair 8
Scavenging 7
Leadership 3
Cooking 3
Endurance 4

Recon
The Recon role is perfect for the groups that are extremely careful where they tread. A mix of both the looter and the sharpshooter, Recon benefits from increased endurance while a little plus to both scavenging and gun profeciency. Recon survivors are extremely silent and agile but they suffer from no possible way of aiding themselves if injured. A nice bonus to have to ensure you group makes it from point A to point Z.
Melee Combat 3
Gun Prof 6
Medicine 1
Construction/Repair 5
Scavenging 6
Leadership 5
Cooking 2
Endurance 7

Commanders
Commanders are a must have for any group to function at their fullest. They are the best leaders and cause all members of the group to keep their cool even in stressful or dangerous times. They are good at everything but perfect at nothing. They support their group so they can handle the jobs without fear of an attack. Offers the group a feeling of security so they never freak out.
Melee Combat 5
Gun Prof 5
Medicine 4
Construction/Repair 5
Scavenging 4
Leadership 8
Cooking 4
Endurance 5

Brawler
Brawlers solve all their problems with sheer strength. Objects that are heavy or enemies that are a hassle are easily taken care of by the brawler. More prone to being infected because other their skills, Brawlers have become accustomed to using their adrenaline to their advantange, causing them to have heightened reflexes. Though their melee combat is superb brawlers are useless with guns, construction, and cooking. A role that can make many of the tasks found in the world short and easy.
Melee Combat 8
Gun Prof 2
Medicine 3
Construction/Repair 2
Scavenging 5
Leadership 6
Cooking 2
Endurance 7

Sharpshooter
The Sharpshooter excels at picking off enemies with the firepower they have found for themselves. With amazing precision, Sharpshooters rarely miss a shot giving them all the time in the world to scavenge or patch themselves or others up. On the other hand, sharpshooters cant handle themselves in melee combat at all and have little intelligence when it comes to construction and repair skills. A solo or support role depending on how you feel about grouping up but either way less taxing for survival purposes.
Melee Combat 2
Gun Prof 8
Medicine 7
Construction/Repair 2
Scavenging 6
Leadership 5
Cooking 2
Endurance 3

Doctor
Doctors are like diamonds in this new age. Rare but extremely valuable. Able to heal approximately 99% of all injuries, doctors can save your group even when its close to extinction. Because they are so valued, Doctors have become more comfortable leading others. When Doctors encounter something they havent seen, they have a chance of a medical epiphany, making it easier to fix the problem. With little training in both melee and guns, doctors have the lowest survival rate by themselves. When paired with a Recon survivor or a Chef, it makes living life comfortably a believe task.
Melee Combat 1
Gun Prof 1
Medicine 9
Construction/Repair 4
Scavenging 5
Leadership 6
Cooking 2
Endurance 7

Looter
The Looter role is one of the most common yet most important. Scavenging items faster than any other role, Looters bewilder others with their fast searching and backpacks of acquired items. Looters are quick on their feet and have sharp eyes giving them small bonuses to gun, melee, and endurance. Capable of surviving on their own though injuries will be very difficult to deal with. Being in a group allows you first dibs to supplies since Looters gathered most of them anyways.
Melee Combat 6
Gun Prof 6
Medicine 4
Construction/Repair 1
Scavenging 9
Leadership 1
Cooking 2
Endurance 6

Chef
Chefs, though unthought of as a role, provide satisfying results. Cooking up trouble by being experts with bladed tools or devising a delicious meal out of scraps, Chefs are excellent at both melee combat and cooking. When making food rather than scavenging old can and eating on th spot, Chefs give themselves and whoever eats their creation bonuses to their roles main skills. A valuable asset to a group, Chefs defend themselves and support the group they are with.
Melee Combat 7
Gun Prof 1
Medicine 3
Construction/Repair 2
Scavenging 4
Leadership 4
Cooking 9
Endurance 5

Traits List (Minimum of 0/ Max of 2 Postitive. Minimum of 1/ No Max for Negative. Max 1 Neutral. Traits that are obvious opposites can't go together)
Positive
Athelete +2 Endurance
Charismatic +2 Leadership
Fearless +1 Endurance, Melee, Gun Prof
Sous +2 Cooking
Fast Hands +1 Scavenging and Gun Prof
Willpower +1 Endurance, Leadership, Medicine
Cage Fighter +2 Melee Combat
Bookworm +2 Medicine
20/20 +2 Scavenging
Mechanic +2 Construction/Repair
Akimbo +2 Gun Prof
Referee +1 Leadership and Endurance
Hunter +1 Melee, Scavenging, Gun Prof
Green thumb +1 Scavenge and Cooking
Contract Killer +1 Melee and Gun Prof
Unique- No minimum req for negative trait
Lucky- Who knows? Luck might save you!

Negative
Fearful -2 Leadership
Lazy -2 Endurance
Oblivious -2 Scavenging
Garbage boy/girl -2 Cooking
Wimp -2 Melee Combat
Nervous -2 Gun Prof
Unhealthy -2 Medicine
Clumsy -2 Construction/Repair
Paranoid -1 Leadership and Gun prof
Liar -1 Medicine, Leadership, Construction
Shy -1 Melee combat and Leadership
Untrustworthy -1 Cooking and Scavenging
Shut In -1 Endurance and Gun Prof
Incompetent-1 to Eveything
Idiot -1 Medicine, Cooking, Construction/Repair

Neutral
Psychopath: Skill point max for either Melee combat OR Gun Prof but Leadership is 0 permanently
Politician: Skill point max for Leadership but Scavenging is 0 permanently
Olympiad: Skill point max for Endurance but Gun Prof is 0 permanently
Thief: Skill point max for Scavenging but Medicine OR Cooking is 0 permanently
Culinary God: Skill point max for Cooking but construction/repair is 0 permanently
World Rescuer:Skill Point max for Medicine but Melee combat is 0 permanently
Architect of the Ages: Skill point max for Construction/Repair but Endurance is 0 permanently

(Characters don't have to act like the traits that are chosen but add a little depth.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom