Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Wild West Scifi Zombie Apocalypse - Interest/Coordination

darkangel76

.:The Vampiric Fae:.
Supporter
Wild West Meets Scifi Zombie Apocalypse Interest/Coordination ~

I know it sounds like a crazy mix, but I swear... it works! XD

BACKDROP:

The year is 3560 and Earth is no longer able to support human life in the way it once had been able to. The population is out of control and, as such, its resources have become limited. And though technology has reached a point where they either know how to replenish things and/or contact other nearby systems that have what they need, they are still unable to keep up with things, thus making living what is deemed a normal life on Earth very difficult to verging on near impossible. Due to these circumstances, it has become a prime mission to search for other systems with uninhabited planets where they can relocate, however, anything nearby seems to be non-existent thus dashing the hopes of the people of Earth and their morale. Some people have managed to relocate to the few neighboring alien systems in which relations had been made, but this has not enough to help the problems Earth has been facing and eventually drastic measures need to be taken--and that is sending out exploration ships in search of planets for people to eventually relocate upon and create into a 'new' Earth. Once these 'new' Earths are found, the idea is that those who go there would then contact 'home base' (original Earth) with coordinates so that a massive relocation could hopefully occur.

Unfortunately, they had no idea that it would take one such ship, the Neuleben, 20 years to reach a supposed, and very possible, destination (all passengers under the influence of cryo-sleep while the ship was in auto pilot, scanning for a habitable planet) nor did they know that once the Neuleben landed on this potentially habitable planet, it would be due to a crash rendering their ship virtually useless. Another thing they they did not know was that the cause of the crash would be a collision with an unknown alien vessel, one carrying strange things, among them a bio-contaminant causing the spread of virus resulting in the rapid fire spread of something resulting in the rise of what would become known as zombies…

The virus killed off many who were directly exposed to the bio-contaminant. However, those who died, rose from the dead shortly thereafter (humans and possibly aliens alike). They lost all normal human function--such as breathing, use of their major organs, basic reasoning and rationalization skills and actual living. But they were still fundamentally alive despite being dead. They could see, hear, smell and had the basic instinct to feed on anything living--namely, other humanoid and intelligent lifeforms. The only way to actually 'kill' such creatures is to literally destroy the brain since only a small part of it functions once it rises from the dead. A bite from such a creature will result in an eventual turning, there is no way to stop such an event to anyone's current knowledge.

~~

STARTUP:

The story takes place in the year 3585, 5 years after the Neuleben crash, on a habitable planet light years away from Earth. The ship itself had carried approximately 10,000 passengers upon leaving Earth but lost at least half during the initial crash. People were scattered about the planet's surface since the ship broke into fragments allowing for a few various pockets of civilization to pop up over time. One group eventually became directly exposed to the bio-contaminant from the vessel that collided with the Neuleben and were thus all killed as a result, however all were also converted into what became known as the zombie.

The terrain in which the crash occurred is very reminiscent of the Old West. As such, the towns are very similar in style to the Old West era--think Old West alla Steampunk/Cyberpunk. The people are forced to use the primitive resources available to them on the planet's surface along with what they've been able to salvage from the fragments of the Neuleben and the alien vessel to rebuild society (thus the various towns) all while trying to fend for their lives against the zombie threat without having a means to contact Earth or any other form of life that might be out there. They have no means of determining where they are or who could possibly help…

Major locations of interest include the following:

Neuleben - This town is probably the biggest town created by those who survived the crash landing of the Neuleben. Those residing here have managed to salvage quite a bit from the ship itself along with the alien vessel and have fortified itself with walls and have as much working artillery as it could muster, however, artillery doesn't last forever.

Trocken Town - This is a small town located in the middle of what seems like an Old West desert. The buildings are built out of wood and are able to be locked up to keep the zombies out should they venture into the area. So far, they've been fortunate not to have encountered a swarm and only random masses here and there that they've been able to kill off without too much trouble.

Patchen - This town is fortunately founded nearby a water source, making it a highly sought out location. It also has a small island associated with it that is located within the lake that is nearby. They see it as their sanctuary should they ever be overrun by the zombie threat.

The Island Sanctuary - This is the tiny island that the people of Patchen hold sacred just in case the zombies ever overrun their area. However, the chances that it would ever wholly sustain them long term are slim to none, but they will never face that fact.

The Crash Site - This is where the Neuleben crashed with the alien vessel on the planet's surface. The fragments are spread over a 100 mile plus radius.

As this story progresses, more locations (ie, towns, landmarks, etc) are welcome to be created… with approval, of course… seeing as this is also scifi and it's possible for others from elsewhere (not excluding those who collided with the Neuleben) to crash-land here or have already crash-landed here, who knows what else could indeed be out there. So, anything is possible and welcome to be discussed.

Anyway, if there is interest, a profile thread and OOC thread will soon follow. But for now, pre-discussion can go here for some basic plot ideas. Some ideas I'm thinking are: that the towns are very loosely organized and that the threat of zombies is still fairly new. So, the structures aren't the best for hiding out in if zombie swarms appear since I'm thinking that it might have taken a couple years for the people who got exposed to be so and then to wander far enough to start any sort of infestations that would raise alarms, especially given how far the crash site extends. I'm also thinking that since the ship was fairly large, the crash of it was spread out over a very large radius, something like 50 to 100 miles or more seeing as it carried 10,000 passengers. Also, with a threat like zombies you'll have panic and people vying for power to lead. You'll have people vying for the best protection and supplies so there will be a lot of that 'fighting amongst themselves' sort of thing going on. So this could mean disputes between groups for sure, which could lead to some very fun times. Anyhow, with that on the table………… discuss, expand, suggest. Get the ball rolling and hopefully there will be interest and maybe… just maybe a group RP going. :)

CHARACTERS NEEDED:

To help give people some idea of the sorts of characters needed to fill up the planet and then some, those needed would be the following (though feel free to suggest others, of course):

Leaders/officials
Military types
Civilians
Mercenaries/vigilantes
Scavengers
Medial types
Mechanics/inventors/scientists
Outlaws
Loners
Aliens???
etc etc etc

Again, if there's interest, a profile thread will be put up with a template to be filled out for submission for approval (an explanation of that will accompany the template within the thread). Hope this helps spur on some interest and inspires. :)

RE: Wild West, Scifi, Zombie Apocalypse Interest/Coordination

Sweet! Anyone else? I promise that the idea of mixing these ideas works. Think steampunk/cyberpunk + zombie apocalypse. Though I know I'm biased as the creator, I'm confident in the concept's potential for story and growth and lots of twists and fun and such. So, hopefully more people will want to take a stab at this. I'd really love to see this become something.

Okay I'll join this my trip ending soon and I have more time to come on.

Hooray! Another taker! :)

I do get that it's the holidays and that interest will probably be slow as a result, so hopefully we'll see a burst soon now that they are reaching a close. That... would be awesome because I think this idea has potential! XD

I am in as well!! the idea sounds too interesting to be missed.

Freakin' awesome!!!

People can expect to see a profile thread soon then along with a few other goodies... *ahem*OOC thread*ahem*subforum*ahem* LOL! XD

I would say they could be given that this is taking place in the future and that technologies and such on Earth are advanced. It's only on the new planet that they crash land on 20 years later after they wake from the cryosleep that they aren't and have to salvage what's left over from the 2 crashed vessels (or pick up from based on whoever or whatever might land on the planet later on). So yep. Sounds fine to me. :)

Back
Top Bottom