Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

DND 3.5-Dualitas: Rules

E

explodingiggy

The World of Dualitas

Long ago, in an ever-distant past, a new plane was born. The God’s, currently managing their already expansive domains, had allowed to rest and grow on its own before bringing it up in their own image. When they all finally came however, they found that the world was already teeming with life, and even small civilizations. Perplexed, they investigated the Celestial and Infernal thrones, and met a young man, who stood outside the door of a large chamber. Despite his mundane appearance, great power resonated from him, and many were intimidated by him, even as Gods.

Eventually Boccob, God of Knowledge, stepped forward.
“Are you the creator and life-giver of this realm?”
The red haired man simply shook his head. “I am not. Rather- I am a being born of the Creator’s heart and will.”
This answer was a bit perplexing, until a light shone from the cracks in the door, a massive power behind it, greater than any power they have ever known from such a young realm. The doors opened slowly to another puzzling sight. The surging divine power was not from what appeared to be an omnipotent God, or a mighty hero ascended to the divinities, but a young man in tattered clothes and long, unkempt brown hair that covered a bit of his left eye. The boy simply offered his open palm as he smiled softly, his deep blue eyes almost shimmering a bit.
“Do not be alarmed, please. My name is Throne. I am this realms creator, but I welcome you here, as well. You may help steer this world as you wish. I am but one person. I cannot hold this balance by myself forever. But be mindful of my Chosen Families, for they are very precious to me, and they had saved me from an eternity of pain.”

Never ones to decline an invitation to spread their influence, the Gods and Goddesses inhabited this plane as well, bringing it to what it is today. And as promised, the Chosen Families have remained intact-

The Hidantez Family, From the Line of the Noble Mercenary and the Witch
The Sindaine family, From the Line of the Loyal Knight
The First Rose family, From the Enigmatic Ninja-and the Elder Sister
And the Second Rose Family, From the Adventurous Scoundrel- and the Younger Brother
(Rame, the boy who is with Throne at the time of the arrival, is also One of the heroes, although he is divine and is not counted in the Great Families)
----------------------------------------------------

The world of Dualitas is Similar in geography to earth-Large, Temperate, and varying. The ‘Chief Power’, Throne(who is a Lv.125 Aasimar if someone feels they want to run this campaign long enough to attempt to kill Throne), is a boy who died in one plane of existence, but his will and soul created an entire plane based on a single wish- to experience life. In its primordial time, the land was ravaged by monsters born of his traumatizing memories of his previous life, but this was put to rest by the six great heroes, Regis Hidantez, Medusa Alraune(who married Regis), Tamara Sindaine, Rame (The Divine being alongside Throne), and the two Rose siblings, Simca and Valon, who formed the two different Rose family lines.

The technology level is similar to the GreyHawk Campaigns, with the exception of Elemental-powered Airships.
---------------------

Dualitas Allowed Races-Standard players

Human, Elf, Half-elf, Half-orc, Halfling, Gnome, Dwarf, Warforged, Shifter, Aasimar, Half-Ogre, Doppleganger, MongrelFolk, Sharakim, Tiefling, Raptorans, Drow, Catfolk, Centaur, Gnoll, Killoren, Dragonborn, Kobold, Dromite, Druergar, Elan, Githyanki, Githzerai, Half-Giant, Maenad, Thri-kreen, Xeph, Hengeyokai, Nezumi, Spirit Folk, Vanara, Korobokuru, Goliath, Feral Gargun

PM for access to a homebrew race known as ‘Luciferns’, The distinguishing mark of the Hidantez Line, Born from the union of a Aasimar and a Tiefling. (I will be playing a Lucifern as one of my characters.)
For more information on the Lucifern race, please send a reply asking about it. However, realize that there are stricter role play setting for this race, given their history.

Homebrew is allowed, but is subject to DM approval

All Alignments allowed. Play as your character would live, But please try to keep a boundary. If something is making someone uncomfortable, and you can tell, try to refrain. That being said, as the DM, it is also my job to look into these things. if I am away for whatever reason, or the story progresses without me and you feel uncomfortable with someones actions, please PM me.

The starting level is Level 15, with an ECL buy of 5(1 per every three levels. you can get a higher ecl, but you will start as a lower level accordingly. see Unearthed arcana or DND wiki for details.)
You play as two characters, although they can be enemies, work together, or be for the most part unrelated to one another. All Alignments are allowed.

Sexual rules as per Ghaigido's rules are used. (See-DnD 3.5 rules in this thread. His are really good.)

Sexual Prowess/Perform(sexual techniques) Is a skill open to all classes, so no need to cross-class, and will treated as a charisma or con based skill, whatever is higher, since they'll be treated as the same thing.

Leadership can be used for followers, but no permanent cohorts, aside from familiars.

Also, please contact me about variations in Prestiges. For example, the Raptoran 'Stormtalon' prestige is open to half fiends and half celestials, (or Large half dragons.)

We won't be using dread pirates as PCs because Dualitas is for the most part a Pangaea, with a few scattered islands and may one or two land masses around the size of Australia apart from the central continent.

Back
Top Bottom