Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Summer Job (fandom x Kirby)

fandom

Star
Harry Potter sighed and adjusted his glasses as he walked up the long path towards the rather ominous looking manor. Whilst he would rather be spending time with his friends, this was certainly better than what he was being offered. It was summer and the only way he had been able to get away from the Dursleys was to agree to undertake a summer job through the ministry of magic. Unfortunately, the only thing that had been left available by the time he got around to applying had been a stupid cleaning job. Well....at least it wasn't cleaning for the Dursleys, and at least he would get some pay and appreciation for this,

Harry didn't know who he was actually working for, just that they lived here. When standing at the doors of the manor, there was no nameplate, nothing that might indicate who lived within. With a sigh and a shrug, Harry reached out to pull a cord that looked like it might ring some kind of bell, then took a step back to wait, trying to look relatively happy to be there, even if he wasn't too fond of the idea of being a cleaner for the next month.

This had perhaps been one of the best ideas in his entire life! Putting an advert in the Ministry of Magic weekly newsletter, advertising for a cleaner. Well if he had been anymore brilliant, he would have had to have killed himself. The amount of young school girls that would want to work for the summer had to be huge amounts, and of course they wouldn't be stinking muggles!

Having dressed this morning in a dashing suit, made from the finest of materials, Lucius paced the mahogany floors of his incredibly lavish manor. The dragon hide boots clanking against the surface, making an echoing noise around the vast hallways. Pushing a strand of platinum blonde hair behind his ear, he rose a brow as he heard the noise from the door.

Quickly a small house elf shuffled towards the door, and pulled it open. "Master is...Oh." The house elf stopped in it's tracks, and begun to chuckle a little "Master is not going to like this...' The creature whispered under it's breath, ushering Harry into the hallway. "Allow me to take your cloak?" The creature spoke once more, offering it's spindly hand. The being chuckled under it's breath, pointing to the drawing room door where Lucius had now taken his seat in the large leather wingback chair.

Harry glanced down at the House elf as it spoke, seeming almost surprised, then amused to see him. Still, he never had quite understood House elves....they always acted in the most peculiar ways. "Hm....thank you..." Harry removed his cloak, handing it over to the expectant House Elf, then moved to follow it's directions to the rawing room. "Wonder why they need someone to clean up if they have House Elves running all over the place...."

Ah well, who was he to argue? He was going to get out of the Dursley's place for the summer and get some extra spending money for it. "Hello?" He knocked on the door, then started to step into the drawing room, seeing only the back of the chair, not knowing yet who's house he was in. "I'm from the Ministry....they sent me for the part time cleaning job?"

Taking the cloak gratefully from Harry, the little elf scurried off down the hallway and disappeared just as soon as he had appeared in the first place.

Snapping his fingers gently, a pop sounded and a different little house elf appeared at Lucius' feet. "Whiskey" Was all he said, observing as the elf rushed off to oblige her master. Within seconds a crystal cut glass was placed into the pale hands of the Malfoy elder, filled with an amber liquid. Nodding his head a little upon receipt, Lucius took a small sip of the fluid. As he did so the elf disappeared.

After he took another sip, his ear's perked up at the sound of a male voice. Immediately his brows furrowed, and an angry expression filled his face. Cheeks as pale as snow, suddenly turned fiery red with clear anger. There was noway he had put that a male should apply, definitely not! Placing the glass on the side table, Lucius pushed him forward a little in order to stand regally. Adjusting his suit jacket, he moved across the room to open the door.

Once he had opened it, Lucius eyes widened as he noticed the Potter creature stood before him. A wicked smirk adorned his lips, as he looked the dark haired boy up and down. "Well, well, well, if it isn't Mr Potter" His voice was as smooth as silk when he spoke, giving him a somewhat aristocratic presence. Although this boy was clearly the wrong sex for the job, it wasn't beyond Lucius to make the very best out of a bad situation. Having the little wizard about the place would surely make for some light entertainment, especially if he could managed to get the male into the outfit he had chosen for his 'wanted' slender female. "Do come in, and take a seat over there. Drink?" He asked, moving into the room and taking a seat once more in his chair.

Harry was....surprised to say the least when he saw the figure standing before him. Lucius Malfoy....oh god...this was the Malfoy house! That meant Draco probably wasn't far away! If Harry had been told who's house he was to be cleaning...well, needless to say he never would've agreed to this. There was no way he wanted to stay now....he'd rather be at the Dursley's than here. At least he could threaten the Dursley's a little bit.

"I um...." Harry laughed nervously, raising his hands slightly and shaking his head as Lucius invited him to take a seat and have a drink. "I uh....I think there's been just a tiny little mix up here....I uh....I obviously hang the wrong house....I'll just be getting out of your hair...." He laughed once more, taking a few slow steps back, trying to look for where the House Elf had put his cloak, though he'd leave without it if necessary. This had to be someone's idea of a sick joke....and when he got back to the ministry he was going to wring the neck of the idiot who had sent him here.

Back
Top Bottom