Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Lamia (Middle Six)

darkangel76

.:The Vampiric Fae:.
Supporter
2ln7syb.jpg

Lamia
(Middle Six, Planet #9 of System)

6c1z.jpg

Name (Nickname): Reisa Amis
Attire: White and black peasant top with corset ties, black skirt, black lace handless gloves, black armbands, choker, goggles.
Weapon: None.
Location: Somewhere on Lamia (just outside her jettisoned pod).
Tagging: Anyone.
Time: October 1, 3075; Early evening.

Reisa screamed nearly the entire time her pod hurtled through the atmosphere of Lamia, tumbling like an out of control asteroid, before it finally struck ground and skidded to a hard halt. Her body jostled and banged against the walls of her pod as the thing fell and rolled, bruising her tiny body even more. Once it stopped, she laid there for what felt like hours before finally daring to move. Yes, she was on Lamia, the demonic planet from hell far as she was concerned--too cold and too dark for her taste and then there were... the monsters. Just then, her teeth began to chatter. The thought of those creatures being out there somewhere was enough to make her adrenaline surge and her heart pump faster. She peered through the tiny window of her pod and noticed that it was dark. No surprise. But she also saw that she seemed to be alone and that none of the legendary fortified settlements seemed to be nearby. Just her luck. Then again, that was probably planned, though such settlements were few and far between. Knowing she couldn't stay where she was, having no food or water, she finally dared to push open the door to her pod. Slowly, she got out, her body shivering as she did. She looked around, feeling ill at ease and trying to see if there was anywhere she could go that might be 'safe'. As if anywhere was... wishful thinking. Biting down on her lip, she saw a tree in the distance and decided to head toward it, hoping that maybe it meant water at the very least. If not, maybe she could climb it and see if there was anything further off. She just hoped she didn't run into any blood suckers on the way.

6c1z.jpg

Attire: White and black peasant top with corset ties, black skirt, black lace handless gloves, black armbands, choker, goggles.
Time: October 1, 3075; Night.

Reisa felt like demonic eyes were watching her at all times. Watching, waiting, lurking. It was as if they belonged to some skulking nasty that was biding its time, waiting for the perfect moment to make its move and strike. And with the way her luck had turned, it would probably succeed and finish her off. Though she wondered if that would be so bad. It would end her pitiful existence, end the cold, the darkness. NO! No. She wasn't ready to die. She didn't want to. There was much out there that she still wanted to see and do, to experience. Rubbing her arms to help stave off the chill, she glanced about herself warily, hoping that whatever might be out there would stay out there.

Finally, after quite some time, Reisa reached the tree. It amazed her at how much farther away the tiny bit of life had actually been. It was quite the illusion when there was an expansive nothing between you and something you craved to reach. But at least she finally made it. Strange scuffling sounds were starting to creep around her and she wondered if they were the results of harmless creatures or something... other. God, she hoped they were harmless. Licking her lips, she did a quick scan for water and noticed a tiny puddle. Tilting her head, she decided to take her chances and knelt down next to it and cupped her hands, drinking several cupfuls before she decided it was enough. Whether the water was potable or not, she didn't even care. She didn't have time to dwell on such things. Not when there could be monsters lurking about.

More scuffles sounded and Reisa's adrenaline surged. She was beyond terrified and the darkness was only growing as was the cold. Biting down on her lip, she looked at the tree and set her jaw. Yes. She'd have to climb it. Then maybe she could see if there was anything out there in the distance worth traveling toward. Plus, it would keep her away from anything nasty that might be lurking on the ground.

6c1z.jpg

It was very difficult climbing a tree in the dark. No matter how hard she tried, Reisa just couldn't seem to get a proper hold or decent footing. More than likely it was because her eyes just wouldn't adjust to the inky black of the place. It was as if they refused to give in and succumb to the fate that was laid out before her, not wanting to admit that she was going to be here for a while unless by some stroke of luck she found a means out of this hell. And from the look of things, she wasn't about to rely on that.

Just then, Reisa heard more of those horrible scuffles. Whimpering, trembling, she tried to climb the tree again. She had to... those sounds were getting louder, closer and she needed to see if anything was nearby in the distance. It was so dark. So cold. Her hands felt numb, her body aching and wanting to curl up into a ball so it could just shut down. No. No. She couldn't give up. She wasn't ready. She just wasn't. Suddenly, her head perked up and her breaths began to quicken. Again, those damn scuffles.

Reisa reached for a branch and began to pull. She grunted and groaned as she finally managed to hoist herself up into the tree, her heart pumping hard as a beautiful surge of adrenaline gave her that extra bit of energy she needed to get atop the tree. Once in its branches, she began to quickly climb as high as she could, taking care to stay quiet. God, she hoped the sun would rise soon. Would it? Lamia was known for its nearly neverending darkness. DAMN THEM! DAMN THEM! Trembling still, she reached the tallest branches that would support her weight and gazed out into the distance. There were indeed settlements, but they were quite a ways off. Miles at least. The sight of them was wonderful, but it made her heart sink to think they were so far away.

Scuffles. Again, Reisa heard them. She went as quiet as possible, holding her breath for a moment. They were so loud, practically upon her. Daring to look down, she covered her mouth and bit down on her lip to stifle the scream she wanted to let out. Below she saw the... thing. White, pale and treacherous. Thankfully it was just one. But where there was one, there could be more. She looked up to the sky as black as pitch, hot tears rolling down her cheeks.

She wasn't going to make it... was she... was she...

Reisa just stayed up in the tree and leaned against the branches, staying quiet and still. She hoped the blood sucker below would go away eventually, wouldn't call others. Could she be that lucky? She had no idea. She just knew she wasn't ready to die.

2n0km83.jpg

Name (Nickname):Morgan Warner
Attire:Long Grey Dress, White Sleeveless button up shirt, Boots, Arm warmers, Hat, Belt for weapons and other accessories
Weapon:Crossbow, Hunting Knife
Tagging:Reisa
Time:October 1, 3075; Night

Morgan was doing her normal walk for the evening, it was chilly and she was definitely under dressed for the weather but she was sort of used to the cold in Lamia. As she was walking she spotted a young woman up in a tree with one of the planets nasty little creatures circling the tree, the blood thirsty, disgusting thing. The older woman's stomach turned and she glared at the thing before pulling a thin metal pipe from her boot, she then brought it up to what looked like a pan hanging off of her belt and started banging on it loudly. The creature turned and growled at her, it's eyes filled with rage and hunger.

"Get away from the lass you filthy bugger" ,Morgan shouted as she banged on the pan.

It was clear that the beast was highly annoyed with the noise as it hissed at the woman. Morgan was now only feet away from the nasty thing yet she still continued to irritate it. The creature hissed then growled and began to show it's teeth, Morgan just gave it a look and stuck her tongue out.

"No one's scared of you ya lil' piss ant, gimme yer best shot" ,she stated.

As soon as the beast lunged for Morgan she shot it directly in the head with her crossbow, while the creature flailed Morgan made her way behind it and jumped on it back after taking her hunting knife out. She placed her hand firmly on it's jaw and yanked it's head back then slit it's throat. Blood splattered everywhere, Morgan dropped the now dead creature to the ground before giving it a nice swift kick in the head. She then looked up into the tree and gave the young woman a smile.

"Well ye don't have to hide up there anymore, come on let's get out of 'ere before more of those nasty lil' things show up" ,Morgan stated before turning on her heel and making her way back towards her hut.

6c1z.jpg

Tagging: Anyone; Morgan.

Reisa clutched onto the nearest branch as she watched the woman below bang metal against metal to lure the nasty filthy thing away from her tree and over to where she was standing instead. She sucked in a sharp breath as she watched the woman, she appeared older and perhaps native to the planet given her unusual paleness, her teeth digging into her bottom lip as she bit down. Her adrenaline coursed through her veins making her entire body shake and tremble with a strange nervousness and the urge to jump down and run suddenly became strong.

Finally, Reisa saw the woman slit the creature's throat. Blood spilled everywhere and the thing was soon nothing but a lifeless pile of flesh. Breathing hard, she looked at the woman, her mouth dry as she tried to find her voice in order to thank her. After several moments pause, she climbed down.

"Th-thank you," Reisa said in a hoarse whisper, nodding in agreement that she was more than ready to get out of the open and to wherever it was that this woman was heading. Far as she was concerned, it had to be safer than where they currently were.

2n0km83.jpg

Attire:Long Grey Dress, White Sleeveless button up shirt, Boots, Arm warmers, Hat, Belt for weapons and other accessories

"Oh don' mention it dear, I hate those things" ,she said in response. She led the woman back to her hut when she got there she opened the door and let the woman inside. "Take a seat anywhere you'd like dear I'll make a pot of tea" ,Morgan stated as she set her weapons down on a large wooden table. She then made her way over to the fire and put on a pot of water for the tea after that she looked through her shelves and grabbed some canned food and set it down on the table, "Help yourself" ,she stated with a smile. It wasn't hard to tell the woman stayed on her feet a lot, just by the way she moved one could tell she wasn't the type that like to stay still.

6c1z.jpg

Once inside, Reisa definitely breathed easier. She could feel a bit of the tension ebbing away and slowly her muscles began to relax. Unfortunately, the ache left behind did little to make her feel full at ease, but at least she now felt safe. And she had this woman to thank for that. Looking about the place, she chose a relatively soft looking chair, seeing as there were two, and sat down. Her entire body sunk into the cushions and she let out an exhausted sigh. "Again, thank you," she said. "My name is Reisa Amis. Obviously, I'm not from here." Her latter words she tried to say in a lighter tone, though she wasn't overly successful. She'd had been through a lot the past several days and she was sore and spent and more than tired. And now she was on a planet that was straight out of one of her nightmares. More than anything she wanted to get off of it, to be somewhere a bit warmer, happier... not so dark... "Might I ask you, your name so I can thank you properly?" she then asked giving the woman a smile. "I owe you my life." Just then she sat up and watched the woman prepare the tea.

2n0km83.jpg

When the woman asked what her name was and introduced herself Morgan looked at her a bit confused at first, not many people really cared to know her name, unless of course they were pirates, so she was a bit shocked that the young woman had asked. "Oh....Morgan....that's my name and again no need to thank me I deal with those nasty lil' buggers all the time" ,she stated with another smile. When the water was hot enough she took it off of the fire and prepared the tea and put a cup of it on the table next to the chair Reisa was sitting in. "Drink up it'll keep yeh warm" ,she stated. "So where are yeh from lass? Me I travel all over so I could bring yeh back home if you'd like did your ship crash? Is it far from here?" ,Morgan asked curiously her head tilted slightly.

6c1z.jpg

"Thank you, Morgan," Reisa said with a smile. She reached for her tea and took a sip. "Mmm... delicious. Thanks once again." The hot liquid was perfect, just what she needed after being out in what felt like bitter cold given the flimsy clothing she was wearing and the colder temperatures of the air outside in that inky black. She furrowed her brow when asked about where she'd come from, if her ship had crashed. If only that had been the case. It wasn't everyday someone was a fugitive of the Illuminati and sent into the middle of nowhere and expected to die. In fact, she half expected them to search for her dead body within twenty-four hours to make sure the job had been completed. No doubt they anticipated her death and wanted it. "I... I'm from Themis actually and... my... I didn't come in a ship."

Reisa's cheeks reddened and it was hardly a result of the steamy liquid she was drinking. She was nervous and frightened, worried that now that she'd been rescued the Illuminati would still come after her and seek to finish the job--cruel torture sending her to a planet riddled with her worst nightmares made reality. As she looked at Morgan, there was something about the woman that made her feel a bit more at ease. She couldn't explain it. Maybe it was the fact that she'd saved her from death, the odd way in which she busied herself about her hut. But whatever it was, she felt like she could tell her more.

"I'm a fugitive, you could say," Reisa continued. "My parents were killed for treason and I was to be rehabilitated..." she looked down into her cup, the tea swirling about in a peculiar way. "Guess I couldn't be because after several sessions and..." her voice trailed as she winced, recalling some of the interrogations and tortures. "I was bound and blindfolded and flown into orbit above here and then jettisoned via a pod. I came with nothing. I have nothing." She let out a sigh, her hands beginning to shake. "I'm sure Illuminati ships will be by eventually to do sweeps to make sure my body is found only... it won't be. They'll find me eventually."

Reisa looked at Morgan with an apologetic look. She'd endangered the woman more than likely and she was beginning to feel badly about it, that she'd been selfish.

"Though I do want to get off Lamia. But I don't know where I can go. I don't think anywhere is safe anymore," Reisa said grimly.

2n0km83.jpg

Morgan listened as the woman spoke and when she was finished Morgan just shook her head, "Typical of those wankers you do one thing they don' like and they do something disgusting like this" ,Morgan sighed then took a sip of her tea. "There's places you can go I know some people who can help you out, I can use a good trip anyways so I don' mind taking you along" ,Morgan told her. She then gave the woman a smile before taking another sip from her cup. "I have a ship we can take just name a place and we'll go".

6c1z.jpg

Honestly, Reisa wasn't sure if there was anywhere she could truly go that was safe any longer. If the Illuminati came back to Lamia to check, to see if they could find a body and then found none... she'd be on their wanted list. An outlaw and fugitive forever. No doubt she'd be marked as wanted for treason and the only consequence when caught for that was death. And she just didn't want to die. Not yet.

Reisa looked at Morgan and tilted her head, "Anywhere is better than here," she then said trying to sound light. "Why not Erebos," she joked, giggling softly as she spoke. Oh the thought of it. It was completely the opposite of Lamia. It was warmth, had daylight and had no blood sucking creatures skulking about in waiting. She then brought her tea cup to her lips and sipped the steamy liquid, enjoying the taste very much as she swallowed it down.

2n0km83.jpg

Attire:brown leather pants, a black t-shirt, and a brown leather vest, long black leather boots

"Alright we can go to Erebos, I could use a change of scenery let me change then we can head out" ,Morgan stated in response before making her way into another room. She quickly took off her dress and put on a pair of brown leather pants, a black t-shirt, and a brown leather vest, she then put on a pair of long black leather boots that came up to the back of her calf. When she finished getting dressed she grabbed her weapon belt and put it on minus the pan then grabbed her crossbow. "Alright lass let's get out of 'ere shall we?" ,she stated. "Ship's just out back".

When Morgan got outside she made her way over to her ship and opened the door, it was a smaller ship that only held about three people comfortably but it was fast and got her from place to place. She stepped inside and waited for Riesa to board it before shutting the doors and taking the ship into the air.

(Exits to Erebos)

6c1z.jpg

Location: Somewhere on Lamia (Morgan's hut, boards Morgan's ship).

Reisa blinked and gasped. She hadn't expected Morgan to jump at leaving quite so soon, but in a way she was glad of it. To be off Lamia and leaving the planet far behind had a certain appeal even if it meant the Illuminati might be out looking for her. Regardless, that wouldn't be changing no matter where she went or whether she stayed put and lived. They'd more than likely search and put her to death the moment they had her in their sights.

While Morgan changed and readied herself for their new desitnation--Erebos--Reisa finished up her tea and mentally prepared herself for leaving. Life was forever changed now and she'd always be on the run. Wanted forever, endangering anyone who dared help her let alone talk to her. Sure, her family might not have been overly influential in the world of politics, but the Illuminati never liked it when there was unrest among its wealthier citizens on those residing on the Inner Sanctum planets. They were a potential threat for causing an uprising and that was never good. If she lived, who knew what sort of sway she could have over others if she got word to them about what happened to her family, to her...

When Morgan was ready, Reisa smiled and followed the woman to her ship. She seated herself inside, ready to head to Erebos and away from Lamia and its darkness.

(Exits to Erebos)

Back
Top Bottom