Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Thalassa (Middle Six)

2e1t7a1.jpg

Name (Nickname):Jakkon
Attire: Mechanic's vest
Weapon: None
Tagging: Skylar Davies, Jack Farsee, Adaria Meer
Time: October 1, Early evening

Jakkon chuckled as Skylar gave him the go-ahead to see if he could do anything about the bar's speaker system "Well, alright sir. If you say so sir. And you know wherever you're headed next, I'll follow. This shouldn't take long, I'll be back in a jiffy." Jakkon then stood up from the chair and wandered towards the bar, looking for someone who looked like they might be in charge of the place, or at least running it for the moment. He eventually singled one such person out, who happened to be the bartender, and Jakkon walked up to him. "Uh...hello there, sir." Jakkon said as he approached.

The bartender, Jack Farsee, immediatly asked "What'll you have?" without skipping a beat or even looking at the approaching man as he served drinks to other patrons with practiced speed.

"Er, um, nothing actually." Jakkon said. "I, ah, couldn't help but notice your music system seems to have a gremlin or two in it. I'm pretty handy with electronics, would it be alright if I took a look at it, see if there's anything I can do? I'll just need someone to show me to the box."

Farsee actually turned his head to peer at the man who asked this question. He had a cybernetic eye and an ugly scar, and wore an obvious mechanic's outfit, with many pockets and loops with tools filling each and every one. "And why would you want to do that? Want to be paid, kid? If we were gonna pay someone, it'd be fixed by now."

"Oh, no, not at all!" Jakkon said quickly. "I just like to fix things, really. I don't need anything in return."

Farsee shrugged. He looked like a decent enough kid, and it's not like the sound system was near anything important or that much would be lost if he broke it any more than it was. Worst the kid could do is hack in some raunchy song, in which case he'd have an appointment with a bouncer. Jack waved over at Adaria. "Hey, Aya, come over here for a sec!" When she does so, Jack gestures to the mechanic-kid. "Show this kid to the soundbox. He says he wants to fix it."

ayaready.jpg

Adaria Meer (Aya):
Attire: Mini dress, high heeled boots, purse.
Weapon: Mini Stun Gun (in purse)
Tagging: Anyone, Jakkon.
Time: Early evening, October 1.

"Seems like the boss wants to see me.. Gotta go. If you need anything, just holler, mister Jenx"

Aya gave the alien a smile and a playful wink as she left. As far as she knew, the flirty expression could be wasted on the alien, for all she knew, it might find human females ugly even. But she did it nonetheless, he seemed a bit lonely and that was just the way she acted.

"Wow, we are actually going to get that thing fixed?", she said. She looked at the newcomer. It was the one with the cybernetic eye she had seen earlier. She had thought he might have been with Sky and Seth.

He was pretty tall, at least compared to her own more petite frame. His eye and his scar made him stand out, but despite this, he had something a bit more.. she did not know.. boyish about him, perhaps?
Anyway, if he could make the sound system stop complaining like an angry gull whenever she tried putting on one of her favourite tunes, he was all right by her.

"All righties! Come with me please."
, she said, slipping her arm under his and guiding him towards the main unit. "So, did Jack just hire you right now?"

2e1t7a1.jpg

Tagging: Adaria Meer, Anyone

Jakkon looked up as the pretty barmaid he glimpsed earlier came over at the bartender's call. At her question, Jakkon nodded while fidgeting slightly. "Yeah, should be... I mean, I've worked on a lot tougher things than a sound system before. Should be a piece of cake." He obviously wasn't expecting what happened next, when the girl hooked her arm around his and led him away towards the back of the bar. At this, she could see the kid was obviously blushing at being so close to her.

To her second question, with a a slight sheepish hesitation, he cleared his throat and spoke up. "Um...not really hired, no. Not getting paid. Don't need to, really. I just like to fix things. I see something broken, and I just gotta fix it...don't need anything in return." He said, shrugging at the end. Moments later, they were in front of an electronic panelbox. "So, this is it?" He looked over to her, then down at her arm still around his, and with a slight nervous chuckle unhooked his arm and pulled a tool from his belt as he moved to open up the panel.

With the panel open, he stared at the electronics as a slight change in attitude came over him and he looked over the circuits with a strong focus. "Okay, a corroded contact, a burned-out wire, trasmitter out of alignment...who's the idiot who bypassed that fuse? Okay, this shouldn't be hard at all." He switched off the system, to the boos of a few patrons in the bar as the music stopped entirely. Jakkon seemed to ignore that, and with the grace of someone who had been doing it for many years, Jakkon moved in and his hands started moving over the problem areas. He pulled parts out, quickly went over them with a different tool from his belt, and put them back before it even looked like he had done anything. He took a few spare wires and other bits of gadgets from his pockets--clearly he kept such spare parts on him at all times.

Abruptly, he said "That should do it!" as he closed the panel and switched it back on. A techno-song of electronic trumpets, organs, and guitars blasted out of the speakers, loud and clear as crystal. Several whistles and cheers went up around the bar. Jakkon looked back at Aya with a bright, happy expression. "There you go. That should keep it working for a good while."

1zcg402.jpg

Name (Nickname):Skylar Davies, Sky
Attire:Loose Fitting Black Jeans, Grey Leather Vest, Black Combat Boots, Handmade leather armband
Weapon:Standard Hunting Knife(10in Blade), Blaster
Tagging:Seth, Anyone
Time:October 1, 3075; Early evening

so4qqp.jpg

Name (Nickname):Seth Killingley, Seth
Attire:Black Loose fitting Jeans, Grey Sweater, Black Combat Boots, Long Black leather Trenchcoat, Black Hat
Weapon:Blaster, Light Saber
Tagging:Sky, Anyone

As soon as Sky got the message from Hunter he looked to Seth, "Plans changed we gotta go now" ,he stated. It was a good thing the two hadn't drank too much while there. Sky stood up before replying to Hunter, "Roger that Hunter we're coming shortly those fucks won't know what hit em" ,he stated simply before patting Seth hard on the back.

Seth had heard the whole message and sighed but had a smile on his face, there was never a dull moment in his life and that was just how he liked it. He downed his shot of bourbon then made his way over to where Jakkon was and gave him a look that told him it was time to go, "Looks like I'll be testing that armor out tonight we're heading for a fight you just do what you do best and make sure the ship is ready to fuck some shit up if needed" ,he told the kid before turning to follow Sky out of the bar and back to their ship.

When the two got outside they waited for Jakkon to appear before getting aboard the ship and getting seated the two had already made plans to return sometime soon and depending on how things went they might just return later that evening to have a few more drinks.

ayaready.jpg

Adaria Meer (Aya):
Attire: Short dress, high heeled boots, purse.
Tagging: Any who approaches.

Resting her hands on her knees, Aya leaned forward, watching what the techie was doing, leaning close enough for him to catch the occasional whiff if her perfume.
She did not know much about the technical stuff, but he obviously did.

As he flipped on the system, a catchy, danceable tune kicked in, and the audience cheered.
"Oh, that is awesome! Listen, you really are the hero of the hour.", she said, flashing him a big grin.

On impulse, she stepped closer to Jakkon, leaning in against him lightly, so he could feel the gentle press of her body against him, and placed a quick kiss on his cheek. Just a small peck, really, but that was enough to make some of the guests cheer again.

He seemed a nice guy, doing everyone a favor just because he could, and Aya believed nice guys should be encouraged. He seemed a little shy though, but that was not necessarily a bad trait.

"Oh.. looks like your friends are going.", she said, noticing that Seth and Sky were getting up. Pity, they were nice customers. She hoped they would come back. "I hope you can stay a while though. If not, please come back. Oh.. please wait a second."

Aya picked up something behind the bar, and before Jakkon could protest, slipped it into a pocket on his utility belt.

The object was a holographic calling card. It featured an image of Aya looking invitingly at the viewer, showing her head and bare shoulders. If touched, the image faded and gave way to her contact info, and nothing else.

2e1t7a1.jpg

Tagging: Adaria Meer, Skylar Davies

Jakkon shrugged, but smiled when Aya praised him for his work. "Aw, it was nothing, just doing what I like to do..." But then, beforfe he could react, she leaned in close to him and gave him a quick peck on the cheek. Jakkon blushed again and looked to the side with a small grin on his face.

Before he could say anything else though, Seth suddenly walked by, telling Jakkon about the urgent need to leave. His good eye widened as Seth qucikly left the bar. "Uh-oh. That means bad things. I gotta get back to work myself. I'm afraid I can't stick around, sounds like we gotta scram now....huh?" Jakkon said while looking towards the exit, then turning his head back to Aya when she told him to wait a moment. She grabbed something from the bar, then came back to him and put something in his pocket before leaving again. Jakkon stood slightly surprised for a moment before he took the object out of his pocket and examined it. A...contact card? Jakkon blinked, not entirely sure of what to think, before he remembered his duty and briskly left the bar himself.

A minute later, Jakkon boarded the Dragon's Fang and went to his usual post at the Engineering control center as he pulled up the intercomm to the bridge. "Jakkon here, I'm onboard and bringing the engines online. Will be ready to launch momentarily, we're not leaving anything or anyone behind, are we? And I'll prepare the usual combat systems check after we launch and before we engage the Phase Drive. What's our destination?"

1zcg402.jpg

Name (Nickname):Skylar Davies, Sky
Attire:Loose Fitting Black Jeans, Grey Leather Vest, Black Combat Boots, Handmade leather armband
Weapon:Standard Hunting Knife(10in Blade), Blaster
Tagging:Seth, Anyone

so4qqp.jpg

Name (Nickname):Seth Killingley, Seth
Attire:Black Loose fitting Jeans, Grey Sweater, Black Combat Boots, Long Black leather Trenchcoat, Black Hat
Weapon:Blaster, Light Saber
Tagging:Sky, Anyone

As soon as Sky heard Jakkon over the intercom he responded, "Everyone's here and ready to go, we're heading to Charon we need some good weapons Jakkon get us the best stuff we have" ,Sky stated as he did everything he needed to on his end. As soon as the ship was ready to go Sky brought it into the air and prepared to head to Charon. Both he and Seth were ready for whatever was in store for them and they were going to come in as strong as they could to try and catch the enemy off guard to get the upper hand. He also remembered what Hunter had told him about the pirates that were a little ways off from their destination and he made a mental note not to bother them.

(Exits to Charon)

2e1t7a1.jpg

Tagging: Skylar Davies

"Got it, Captain." Jakkon said as he initiated all the checkouts on the Dragon Fang's combat systems. "Chip, run powerup sequence." The AI beeped as it started displaying the systems for Jakkon on the Engineering console. "Forward laser cannons...check. Remember, turret two has extra punch, but it slaved to the aim of turret four, wherever four looks, two will try, but it won't be exact. Be careful. Missile racks...armed, EMP and cyclonic-implosion warheads available for selection. Fusion beams...ready. Sensor-baffling ECM module online. I made some tweaks to the algorithms, it will work even better now to confuse enemy targeting computers and create sensor ghosts to hide us..." Jakkon continued until he'd checked all the modified and custom-installed weaponry and defensive systems off, quite a few of them illegal like the military sensor baffler. The Dragon's Fang was quite the chimera of a ship.

"Okay, Dragon's Fang is ready for a fight. And, uh...sorry Seth, but the battlesuit just isn't ready yet, I need more time. If I absolutely have to, I might be able to improvise the final connections if we make landfall. Anyway...charging Phase Engine, plotting course, jumping in five, four, three, two, one, jump initiated!"

(Exit to Charon)

e9b0it.jpg

Name (Nickname): Hedigh Jah Jinxs (Jinks)
Attire: Brown robe ,Black shirt and Brown pleather pants
Weapon: Light Saber
Tagging: Any
Time: October 1, 3075; Early evening

Jinks continued with his snacks and his drink. He noticed the two guys in the back getting up and ready to go and when he seen Aya return from talking with the man who had fixed the sound system he motioned with his hand for her to come over to his table.

"I'll take one of your other ssspecial drinksss when you have the time ssurprissse me with what kind. this lasst one was good but i want to try the otherss as well. And i'll take a shot of tequila on the sside as well. " He gave the women a smile as he made his new order. "SSsso how long have you been working here? Your not originally from thiss planet are you?" he asked.

ayaready.jpg

Adaria Meer (Aya):

Aya nodded and returned with a tray. She placed a shot of tequila on the table, along with another drink. It was a variation of the special, this one laced with the juice of a fruit from one of the natural islands on the planet, just a slight taste, as well as a couple of other spirits mixed in.

"It is my own invention.", she said, "It hasn't got a real name yet. Maybe the Aya Special, who knows. Please tell me what you think of it."
She was kind of proud of it. Her own little invention.

He had also brought a drink for herself, a low alcohol one. "Mind if I sit down with you a little while? My shift at the bar just ended.", she added.

"As for your question.. I am from around here, actually. I have been living here all my life. But part of my family comes from elsewhere, Helios mostly. I guess I got a lot of mixed features, so maybe I am kinda hard to place."

"So, how about you?", she asked. "I got to admit I am kind of curious.. I don't think I have met one of your species before. Where are you from?"

e9b0it.jpg

Tagging:/b] Any
Time:[12/b] October 1, 3075; Early evening

he looked at her as she sat down .
" sssure itssss fine ." he listened as she spoke
"i am from acheron , my colony was pretty badly destroyed in a fire not many of my kind ssstill alive. probably only a few hundred of my kind alive anywhere" he said looking down at his drink .
"so what makes you wanna ssit with me.i dont mind but usssually people don't feel comfortably near me. "
he looked up at the women. " i really like the way you inveted thisss drink though it iss really good. " he said looking at her with a smile

ayaready.jpg

Adaria Meer (Aya):

"Oh.." Pim said. That sounded quite terrible. Just a few hundred left.. She could not really imagine how she would feel in his place. A few hundred left.. that was less than lived in the underwater sector where she had her tiny apartment. Imagine all those people being all that remained..

"I'm sorry to hear that", she said. "You must be very lonely."

"And I am not uncomfortable around you.", she hurriedly added. "You are different, that is all.. I mean lots of different folks drop by. I guess I was just curious, that is all."

e9b0it.jpg

He looked at the women and was glad she said she felt comfortable around him. .
"sso what kind of thingss do you do for fun around here? i'm more or less just passsing through kinda been on the move for awhile now jusst havent found a place that felt worth sstaying "
he took another sip of his drink he was almost done with this one already. He really hadn't had anything this good in a really long time.

ayaready.jpg

Adaria Meer (Aya):

Aya played with her drink, tracing the rim with her index finger. "Well, that depends on what you like to do, really. I mean, we are not the biggest and most exiting city in the system, but we do have lots to offer."

"If you like swimming, you are in luck. We got beaches on the nearby island, and the reefs nearby are popular with divers. In fact, the lower city is underneath the water, so you can see the reefs from inside, even, if diving isn't your thing."

"Then there is drinking and dancing. That is always fun. And girls.", she added with a mischievous wink. "Equatorian girls seems to be popular with visitors."

e9b0it.jpg

"well ssswimming i did on my way here so i think that isss out of my ssysstem"
hmm with that look she gave him was she flirting with him , he wasn't sure.
"ok more specificly what do YOU like to do for fun?" he asked and took another sip.
"and do you have any specific plans for the evening now that your off of work?" he said giving a playful wink back.

PIM said:
ayaready.jpg

Adaria Meer (Aya):
Tagging: Jinks, Anyone.

Pim was a bit surprised by the wink. She kind of liked his eyes. Big, black, light reflecting. It was hard to know what he was thinking, what he was looking at. Made him seem kind of mysterious. The wink made her realize they were rather expressive, just in their own way.
She shifted her position a little, leaning a little more forward, showing a little more of her cleavage, resting one hand against her slender thigh.

Then sudden realization stuck her. He swam here? So that was why he looked kind off familiar. "Oh, wait! You came here by water? Did you swim underneath the club? I think you darted by just underneath my feet. Startled me quite a bit, you did!"

She laughed, face cracking in a broad smile.

"Anyway, If I got an evening off, I often go dancing. Sometimes here, sometimes at various clubs. As for this evening.. well. I am not quite decided."

"You may say I am an.. escort, I guess, in addition to tending the bar. So I have not quite made up my mind if I am going to stay and wait for a potential client, or take the night off."

She had no idea how he was going to react to that last bit. What men thought of a woman of negotiable virtue like herself did vary a lot, to say the least. She hoped he would be cool about it. She just.. well, she kind of liked him, and enjoyed chatting with him a lot.

e9b0it.jpg

As she leaned forward Jinks couldn't help but notice how much of herself was being revealed. He almost lost all his attention of what he was looking at but then she spoke up with a question and he quickly answered "yesss it wass i who sswam under the club. i wassnt sssure if anyone had sseen me. " he said. he realized how much his voice hissed out the words. he tried so often to avoid using to many words with a S sound in a row as he knew those words were the ones were the hiss in his voice stood out the most but he had all but stopped caring about that at the moment he just wanted to try and be himself and see how she reacted to him. he had a feeling she liked him for who he was and was not bothered by him which was a good feeling for him to have for once.

"I am sssorry if i gave you a scare." he said smiling back at her. as she told him of her other job of sorts he thought about it and wondered what she was going to decide. "hmm how about this what do you usssually charge for a full night being a essscort for sssomeone?" he paused to allow her to answer.

"well i'll pay that amount then just for you to be able to take the night off and show me a good time around the area. dancing and having ssome drinkss ssoundss like a lovely way to ssstart the night off to what do you sssay to that?" he asked hoping she would agree to spend the night hanging out with him. it had been far to long since he was sociable with anyone especially with a female. And even more longer since he had been around such a attractive female who was comfortable around him. Hmm he was thinking to himself she was attractive which he was surprised he felt that way as they were very much a different species of people but there was something about her that was very much attractive looking to him.

"A pretty gal like yoursself deservessss to be treated well sssoo whatever you want isss on me tonight" he said before she could even answer the question hoping to further convince her to stay with him instead of looking for clients.

PIM said:
ayaready.jpg

Adaria Meer (Aya):
Tagging: Jinks.

"That.. that sounds great! Let us say 250. Then I am yours for the night."

Aya was a bit surprised by the offer, and quite pleased. She really had not expected it. Many aliens preferred the company of their own kin (and she guessed that was true of most humans too). For an alien to call her pretty, that was.. that was kind of cool. She blushed a little.

"So, you want to hang out here for a while longer, or do you want to move on? There is a club, Bioluminescent, that is real cool. You kinda have to see it know why.. OH, and if you like fish, there is a neat restaurant I can show you. The night is yours, and I think it will be a fun one!"

e9b0it.jpg

Jinks looked down at his drink he had just one more sip in it which he promptly finished off.
"250 is fine with me, letss go to the resstaurant you mentioned firsst and grab ssomething to eat and then off to a club to go dancing sssoundss fine to me." he said as he stood up.
He reached into his pocket and pulled a few bucks from his wallet as he didn't want to let onto just how much money he actually had just yet.
"here we go 5 for a tip for both the bartender which you can give to him before we leave and the wonderful service that you gave. Shall we be on our way now or would you rather be paid up front before we leave?" he asked.

ayaready.jpg

Adaria Meer (Aya):
Tagging: Jinks, Anyone.

"Half upfront, half later. I'll jst drop of the tip, then! Just a second."

She darted off, moving nimbly between the guest. She purposefully swayed her hips a little more than necessary, casting a quick glance back at her new patron and blowing him a kiss.

Having talked briefly with Jack, updating him on the situation and dropping off the tip, she returned to Jinks.

"Come on, let's go."
, she slipped her arm under his, her frame petite next to his taller body. Several people glanced at them. Some of them seemed to disapprove, perhaps not liking the thought of a human girl and an alien together. Others seemed to envy him, because Aya was becoming a popular sight at the Comet.

Aya pretended to ignore these, instead just grinning up at Jinxs. Let the bloatfishes spoil someone else's day.

As they left, Aya waved at the bouncer, a rather tall and muscular woman. "Night Tara!", Aya waved. "We are heading for Mama Lin's."

"Sounds fun.", the amazonian woma replied. "And mister.. Treat Princess here all right, you hear me?"
Her tone was less threatening than the words, though.

"It is not far away from here.", Pim said. "If we take the nearest escalator up, it is about 5 minutes walk."

2vkbzmc.jpg

Name (Nickname):Vladimir Draven, Shadow
Attire:Black loose fitting jeans, studded belt, black leather boots, Black sleeveless robe open with the hood up
Weapon:Light Saber, Throwing knives, Long Sword, Desert Eagle
Tagging:Anyone
Time:October 1, 3075; Night

As Shadow walked into the bar he got the usual looks from people, even though the bar had patrons of all races the man was unique to say the least. He simply looked around then made his way to the back of the bar and did as he told the woman he would and sat in the darkest corner of the place, his eyes were a bright blue meaning he was content and calm, they had a glow to them that could be seen slightly through the darkness where he sat. Now all he had to do was wait something he was quite good at due to his profession.

e9b0it.jpg

Time: October 1, 3075; night

As aya went to the bar he got out half the money and gave it to her.
He only paid attention to her not the looks of the others he was glad that she had taken him by the arm as they walked out.
He responded to the bouncer on the way out " No worriesss mam, I sssshall treat her like a queen.."
he gave a slight nod and walked out of the building seeing another man pass by with some sort of markings on his face as they exited from the bar.
"Well lead the way you are my guide of courssse. " he said with a smile still with his arm and hers tucked together it was something he wasn't that used to but liked the feeling of. being this close to someone else.

ayaready.jpg

Adaria Meer (Aya):
Tagging: Jinks,.
Time: Night, October 1.

Aya talked as they walked, up an escalator, then a short-cut through some alleyways. Equatoria Central had limited space, especially above sea level, and the areas closest to the spaceport and the harbour were especially active. Just about every space that could be used was put to some purpose. Equatoria never really slept, it just slackened the pace a little. Shops, bars, laundry services and automated vendors were still open, only a few being closed down for the night.

Aya's heels made little clang-clang noises as the stepped on the metal grating that served as the floor. "So..Jinx? Can I ask you a question?", she asked. "What made you come here? To Equatoria, I mean?"

e9b0it.jpg

Time: October 1, 3075; night

when she asked if she could ask Jinks a question he tilted his head to listen to what the question was. he then thought for a moment about how to answer and then finally replied. "Well , i've been jusssst moving along from place to place not ssstaying any one place. I'm kinda trying to ssite ssee and ssstay out of trouble. but thisss planet and itsss mossstly water ssetting really interessted me a lot. i think i may sstay here a little longer then other placesss. " he continued to walk at her side "bessidess i jussst havent found a reasson to ssettle down at any one placce for too lon but as i sssaid this place hasss got my interesst so that could posssibly change."

6te58j.jpg

Name (Nickname): Halmir Quinn (Hal)
Attire: Standard attire of the Illuminati Elite - brown military-esque suit adorned with intricate gold adornments), white shirt, brown pants, brown leather boots.
Weapon: Blaster
Tagging: Anyone; possibly Sol Invictus, Gehenna.
Time: October 1, 3075; Night

Hal walked down the ramp of the shuttle and into the docking bay of Equatoria City. He knew he'd be meeting up with Sol soon enough and that Henna would more than likely be leaving shortly to meet with the bounty hunter. Things were setting into motion and he couldn't be more pleased. For now. He just hoped the path ahead wasn't fraught with too many bumps or holes. But he wasn't going to hold his breath, not yet. However, at least for the time being things seemed to progressing relatively well. For one, he was off Charon. That was definitely a good start.

Back
Top Bottom