Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

SPACE PIRATES!!!! OOC

Speaking of communication, I have a question. I doubt that all (if any) fight scenes will take place in the great space of Space, so I'm currently working on three companies, each producing Phase Drive technology, weapons, and defense tech respectively. Now, these companies will be somewhat local, and will need representatives, and if I don't have any takers, I may very well just play them myself. I think I've already introduced Eija Incorporated, the designers of the Jump Drive, yadda yadda, but with the idea of an invasion concerning other races, I figured a system better prepared would have a better chance at fighting. These 'companies' serve more then one purpose, the main one being providers of some kind of backstory regarding certain technologies and such. The other reason is so that when/if there is an invasion of the Hera System, these companies could..... aid in the defense. So, tell me, how many supporters do I have for the companies? Keep in mind that only one out of the three will be really powerful companies.

Personally, I think it makes total sense. And not just because of the impending invasion we'll all soon be incorporating into the mix of things. So, I'm game for it. How about everyone else?

Given things......... since no one has spoken up against and has had ample time to read (and yes, I've seen that everyone has indeed been online to tread... the joy and luxury of being admin, I can see who is on when invisible or not, lol, amongst other things), let's just move forward with the parasite/symbiote invasion idea. So, if there are profiles in the works, send them my way for approval. :)

Hopefully, posting will pick up again soon. I know some people have hectic school schedules right now and others have other things going on too that they've mentioned to me personally, but not necessarily mentioned on here in the Absences & Delays thread. So, just wanted people to know that this group IS indeed still active.... just going through one of those lulls due to peoples' schedules and the like. :)

Can't wait until things pick up again. This really is a great group and RP.

Quick question. What's the name of the solar system? At first I thought it was Hera, but reading over the general info that is the name of the Galaxy, not the solar system. ^-^;

I never gave the solar system an actual name since I never named the sun in the system. I named all the planets and had all the planets sectioned off into 3 main sections--Inner Sanctum, Middle Six, Barbaric Rim. They are indeed but a tiny corner of the Hera Galaxy. Perhaps with the Illuminati being such prominent figures, maybe they were the first to have found it and that is why they have such power. Though maybe they weren't always as they are now either. Soooo... that said, perhaps the system bears its name as a reference from them. To make it simple, we can call it the Lumos System and it is a direct reference to the pull and sway that the Illuminati has over it.

Lumo? Hmm.. I like it :)

@Razerwing: I got two NPCs that are businesspeople of sorts, both on Thalassa. If you want to some sort of story involving your companies, and are in need of local contacts, just let me know.

Glad someone likes Lumos. Figured since the Illuminati have such a presence there and were the ones to forge the way of governance and all, it would make sense to have the system bear a name 'honoring' them. heh! So, there we go. :)

Hahah, Lumos huh? Okay, so then the companies are in the Lumos system of the Hera Galaxy? Just for clarification. And PIM, having reps would help. I'll have a short description of the three companies up in a little bit, and you can chose which you wanna have your NPC's represent ;) They'll also have to deal with a few of my characters though, just a heads up.

>.< Names of locations have never been my strongest point. And seeing as I've kept a semi Greek theme going here, I wanted to remain consistent on top of things. Plus, I can see the Illuminati being arrogant enough to think the sun literally rises and sets with them. So...... yep. :) Lumos it is. XD All hail the arrogant confidence of the Illuninati elite! LOL!

Razerwing:

Of the two character, Merro Xs is a rather influential local investor, owning, partly or wholly, various businesses and shops on Thalassa, especially Equatoria. He has lots of connections with others of his species as well, having a bit of a godfather role (mainly legal, though) in Equatoria, and some influence beyond. He might be someone to approach in order to find investors, or to broker deals.

Aron Meer is mainly into shipping and transport. His business is struggling, but he is determined to earn whatever he can, and is not picky when it comes to risks or legality. If a company needed to, say, find someone willing to ship equipment to the Barbaric Rim or something others would not do, he would be willing to organize things.
Alternatively, he might have gotten himself into trading in stolen or pirated goods, so it might be that the company in question has sent someone to investigate his business.

My ideas, at least :)

Regarding the arrival of Queen Srani to the Lumos system I was thinking of having it split into two parts, and wanted to get people`s opinions on what I`ve come up with.

The first part is the arrival of Srani herself, and establishing her as an intergalactic trader. For this she uses a captured ship from the last species she consumed, with only a few REM `ìmprovements`

The second part is the arrival of her flagship, which appears to all but the highest resolution scan to be an intergalactic asteroid a kilometer in radius that is on a course to loop through and then get slingshot out of the system.

However Srani`s ship appears (with a massive flare of light/radiation to ensure it gets noticed) at the edge of Lumos with the `misfortune` to be right in front of the asteroid. The collision cripples the `trade-ship`, and alters the `asteroids` tragectory enough to send it into a spin to discourage prospectors, while sending it to join an asteroid field to let it blend with the actual asteroids.

Thats the gist of my current plan, but i`m open to other ideas, suggestions or comments ^_^;

So what do you guys (and gals of course) think?

Back
Top Bottom