Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Love in the first degree... (Cheerio/BlueRose)

cheerio_cherry

Supernova
Lisa Cuddy was a hard-working doctor who had made her way up to Dean of Medicine through pure hard-work. She had been treating a young girl who acted like she'd been attacked but refused to drop her boyfriend in it. She had called in the police early, hating the look of fear and pain in the girl's eyes. She had been waiting for help as the girl was being treated by a nurse. Anger and fear were slowly combining, neither of which showed in Cuddy's eyes. Her eyes stayed fixed on the girl as she waited. All too soon she knew she'd be facing questions, or worse, an angry boyfriend.

All too soon she was face to face with the boyfriend. She had stood up for herself but all the same his angry yelling had dug into her. She didn't want to let him see it and turned to make her way back to her office, yelling out herself when someone caught her arm, coming face to face again with the boyfriend. She had been left there after, pulling herself together and making her way to her office, unaware she had been seen.

Normally she did not get personally involved with a victim but she was of the clock trying to solve a case of insomnia. Her quick eyes followed the brief struggle between the doctor and the patients boyfriend. It was easy enough to tell he was a thug from the swager in his step she had a bad feeling the moment she saw him. She followed the woman it was easy enough she was still putting herself back together.

“The women, you mean Dr. cuddy” a professional highly respected chances are she would not report the crime. Slowly she stood before the door to her office and knocked on the door. She was off duty just a friendly face giving some advice. She bit her tongue she was cute too bad she could never handle the case.

The thug had left even as the victim was talking to Olivia's partner. Cuddy had heard the knock on her door, looking up once she was sure she had a grip on herself. "Come in." She spoke softly, watching the person in the door before she looked back to her work, trying to hide the fact she had been crying. She didn't want them to know she'd been crying.

Despite being off duty Olivia was already in the job mind set which meant step one was to bond wether it be with witness victim or suspect. Slowly she waited for the women to meet her eyes before taking a seat. Despite her best efforts to piece herself together she could tell that cuddy was shaken up. Slowly she began to cycle through the questions she should ask without compromising the investigation.

“Do you know the attacker” the answer was obviously no but she had to ask them to eliminate a world of trouble and confusion latter. keeping her eye locked on the doctor she fought the urge to compfort the woman before she could recount the incident.

"No." The responce said that Cuddy was trying to pull herself together even as she struggled. "I have a feeling he might be the boyfriend of the girl who came in." Her voice shook and she took a pause, taking a deep breath before she spoke again. "She... acted like she'd been attacked but she refused to say anything... and you... I guess you know what happened when I tried to escape him."

She smiled one of the most important things about working with a victim is to make them feel comfortable. “Yes but, I am sorry to have to ask you but can you briefly describe exactly what happened” slowly she place her hand on Cuddy’s hand rubbing the palm with her thumb. It was not proper behavior but it was clear the woman had trouble opening up. “If you would like we can talk about something else” the important thing was to get her to talk.

Cuddy had swallowed before she outlined what had happened, finding that her voice remained steady despite her pain. She was too used to hiding what she was feeling and she found that Olivia's gentle touch on her hand eased some of the shock. After a while her voice had faded away before she murmured. "That's about all I remember..."

“You seem stressed” it was more a statement then a question but she felt the woman was just beginning to loosen up. Slowly she leaned in placing the woman’s hand on her then placing her other hand on top. Her hands were cold in fact the entire building seemed more like a deep freeze then a hospital. “I don’t normally offer but is there any, other problems” she bit her lip she was not a therapist licensed or practicing. “How did you feel when he attacked you”

"I feel it." She admitted. As the woman lead her hand to her arm she took it, glad of the free hand over her own. She needed the body contact. She was clearly shivering. As she spoke again she seemed to be watching Olivia closely. "I guess I felt weak, useless." A small sigh escaped her. "Normally I have enough control on myself that I don't get like that..." She shrugged a little. "It's a little wierd."

She knew what it was like to have to bottle up you’re feeling around other people, especially at work “Maybe you need to feel out of control more not less, let someone make choices for you”. She smiled stress kills more then a few cops took the easy way out rather then admit that they were not always in control. “Or maybe you just need a hobby” slowly she moved her finger over cuddy’s hand. she could tell the woman was carrying around to much.

Lisa had smiled slightly at the feel of the woman's hand and her kind words. "Perhaps." She agreed. Recently she knew she had been far too stressed for her own good. Still now she was beginning to relax again, her eyes meeting Olivia's before she spoke again. "Do you have a hobby?" The question was one she hadn't meant to ask but found she wanted to know the answer to.

Normally she asked the questioned and having one asked of her threw her for a loop. She smiled feeling Cuddy’s hand warm between her’s. “Well I sometimes take my work home with me” she blushed she had more then a few boyfriends rummage through her apartment and find more then they bargained for. “I have been trying a few things but I find that most people who share my hobbies are real, well weirdos”

"Well, what are your hobbies?" Lisa asked gently. "How do you stop it all getting on top of you and driving you crazy?" She needed to know the answers and even when she asked them she posed them sweetly. The woman's blush had drawn a hand to her cheek, tucking hair out of warm eyes.

She did not want to scare the woman away with tales of the horrible things she saw on a daily basis. “A little light bondage” she smiled trying to gage the woman’s response after being exposed to every perversion under the sun people either went right or left. She smiled watching her brush aside a strand of hair. “Or look at some crime scene photos” she smiled tempted greatly to lean in and kiss her.

A smile came to Lisa at the first words and she paused. "Do you really enjoy that?" The question was mild, teasing. She seemed happy enough to talk about that even when she was still smarting from the attack. If she was honest she was looking for any reason not to go home. Not to be alone. Her eyes met Olivia's as she smiled, seemingly a little less shy now. "Or are you just that lost without work?"

She almost pulled back a deep seated reaction to someone questioning her own motivations as she did others. “I don’t know it seems I should” she turned away for an instant then turned back to the doctors alluring eyes. “I guess I need to find broken people and put them back together” maybe because she could still not put her self back together. “I guess I could ask you why you are a doctor” she leaned forward the scent of her perfume only suppressed her natural scents.

The honesty of Olivia's words drew a smile to her. Their eyes met again and she spoke gently. "You don't always have to do what seems right." She paused, then spoke again, feeling sure of herself. "You feel like you have to find broken people and put them back together...." She took another short pause then added. "I feel much the same. I hate seeing people hurting when I can help them." She paused then shrugged.

She smiled back her boss was always telling her to take a break perhaps she should take him up on that idea. “Do you like Greek, I am really good with a take out menu” she offered already feeling a little hungry. She smiled placing her hands on her legs, it was odd but she felt a lot better now. “Maybe we can talk so more about are problems, or not” she tried not to look at her shoes or the roof but at the sexy doctors eyes.

A laugh came to her now and she smiled. "Sounds perfect." She agreed softly. As she thought about the woman's offer she had smiled a little more. "So, we staying here or would you rather come home with me?" The question was soft but honest. She needed to know.

She had to admit the idea was more then a little tempting dinner then perhaps coffee she mused lightly. “Sure” she quickly found herself at a loss for words the feeling was both unsettling and oddly relaxing. She almost stood up out of reflex, then again it was not her place it would be rude to lead her. “Do you live close by” she asked wondering if she should talk to her partner before she left.

"Close enough that you could get back if you needed to." Lisa offered quietly. She could tell Olivia was thinking about it. A lot. She stood now and moved to the door, opening it then pausing to wait for Olivia, glad she'd already changed her jacket.

The car she came in would be leaving with her partner so she simply climbed into the same car as Cuddy. She felt more then a little weird going home with a woman she just met, especially someone form work. “Do have company for dinner often” she asks Cuddy trying to figure out if she is acting too aggressive. Looking over at the Cuddy she cant help but wonder how a doctor gets legs like those.

"Depends on the month." Lisa admitted. "I don't exactly have many friend here." She paused then shrugged and looked at Olivia before starting the car. "How about you? Go out much?"

After a few seconds she shook her head not many people understood what she did for a living or how a woman could take it. "No, and most of them already have someone" why was it so much easier for a male cop to find someone then a female cop.

Back
Top Bottom