Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Our own little Awakening. // Dream&Relix

• How long had they slept? The mage was uncertain. What she thought was hours could have been minutes. It was virtually impossible to differentiate day from night in Orzammar. There was no sky, no sun, no stars, no moon. They had only their internal clocks to lead them. While Deacon slept particularly well that evening, their was something hard she kept smacking into throughout the duration of her slumber. It was dense yet warm; she opened her eyes only to be greeted by darkness, then allowed slumber to take her yet again. It was when her body had claimed it received a sufficient amount of rest that she became subconsciously cognizant of tiny sounds around her.

One sound in particular was righteously irritating. It resembled a scratching or scuttling sound, much like metal being dragged and scraped across metal. She ignored it and thrust the blanket over he head. A blast of raw light spilled into their chamber all of the sudden - she could make out a dainty, lithe silhouette in the doorway and a strikingly familiar voice cry out. "Deacon? R-Rage?" Zander? "Deacon ... you, you didn't! Please don't tell me ... I thought you and I had a thing goin'!" In all honesty Deacon couldn't make out a word the frantic elf was uttering. She decided to entertain his nautical nonsense and flexed her muscles, preparing to erect her spine, but she found herself tied down by some unknown strength.

Her chest began throbbing all of the sudden while the small of her back was lit aflame with some unknown heat. She raised her hands and was shocked at the sensation of hot, living flesh underneath them that were not her own. A sand-papery sensation graced the hind of her spine, something similar to stubble. She struggled to break free; it was like a demon weighing her down, tying her to the cot. But ... why was her chest so tumid? Her hands squirmed upward from her abdomen to examine her breasts ... but what she found there wasn't at all expected. Rage's rough, calloused man hands had cupped each of her plump breasts so firmly she had felt bruises developing at the instant. His breath was hot and thick on her neck, scalding her flesh.

"DEACON! YOU SLEPT WITH RAGE!"

"I did what!?"

She scrambled, releasing herself from the massive man's death grip, only to stumble over his lifeless body. She groaned and stared blankly at Zander. "Quite honestly, it's not what it looks like."[/list:u][/list:u][/list:u]

Rage grumbled in his sleep as the female squirmed from underneath him. It wasn't too often that the male wandered around in his sleep, normally waking up somewhere which wasn't the place he had laid down that night previous. So, this time was no mistake that it was all him sleep walking in the mist of the night. Rage probably wandered around the room for a half hour, mumbling idiotically before settling down in the bed next to Deacon ... eventually cupping the girl's breast in his hand. Probably dealt with something in his dream ... probably grabbed a firm object in his dream, so, he reached over and grabbed her boob. Nothing too special.

Rolling over to his side, the male let out a few more grumbles. Mumbling to them to shut up as he pulled the covers over his head. Somewhere along the lines he was still spewing out idiotic words from his dream.

"... it .. it was ... fantastic .. you should try ... it ..."

Rage spoke out, his dream was about the fruit that his mother used to make into a platter bowl. Ground up fruits into a mix that she'd put in a small freezing unit. Take it out a hour or so later then let Cloud and Rage have the bowl.

Shifting slightly, the male's arm fell off the side of the bed. A light coughing noise following his shift. The air in Orzammar was so dry and arid .. tough to breath at times. Didn't help when the male laid on his chest, constricting his lungs.

• "You ... you did. Deacon! Why?" Zander seemed genuinely disturbed. He watched Deacon with crestfallen eyes, wiping his flaxen locks from his icy gaze. Deacon wasn't particularly fond of being disturbed by the troublesome elf, especially thanks to these outrageous accusations. She pressed her full lips in a hard line and attempted to tame her wild mop of hair while Zander curled in the corner and sobbed like some motherless child. Deacon cupped one of her breasts in her much smaller hands, soothing her burning flesh with a ginger massage.

Of course, Zander just happened to have peered up when she was treating her 'injury', so to speak. "Oh, thank the Maker. My prayers have been answered." He approached the woman and wrapped his arms around her waste, burying his visage into her chest. "I can make you feel better ... I promise. Rage is out cold though I can't guarantee we'll be quiet. What do you say - Ow!" Deacon's fingers curled around his hair and jerked his head from between her two breasts. "But ... but ... Rage said it was amazing ... why does he get to? I want to try, too. Please. Just once?"

"You broke into our room for some reason. May I ask why? Or were you just trying to catch me giving Rage a happy ending."

"Oh. Yeah. Orzammar is under attack by darkspawn."

Deacon's eyes went wide. She shoved the elf back, disgusted with the nonchalance in his tone, then fled over to Rage. She swatted at his cheeks, crying, "Wake up you stupid bastard! Wake up!" She took the crown of his tunic in her hand, lifting his torso and shaking it violently. "Rage!"

[/list:u][/list:u][/list:u]

Rage let out a hacking cough as the mage pulled up his tunic, the fabric pulling against his throat. "I-I'm ... up ... !" The male shouted, pushing himself up as his right hand with to the cloth being pulled into his neck. Using his index and middle finger to pull his tunic out from his neck. 'Jesus .. what did I do to deserve that?' Sitting up, the male plopped his legs down the side of the bed. Cocking his brow slightly ... when did he get into the bed? Blah, must've sleep walked. Rage peered up to Deacon, his eyes shifting left and right. His facial expression showed it all to her, showing nothing to the elf as he frantically pushed himself up from the floor. His look was of a simple .. 'What in the fuck did we do last night?'

"Ahh! Darkspawn are attacking!" A voice called from outside the inn room. A blank stare quickly developed on the face of Rage ... that meant he needed to get up and go fight some darkspawn.

Letting out a small sigh, the male titled to the side some, looking at Zander. What was his ... OH! This was going to be good. Leaning back up right, the male developed a devilish grin. Taking the girl's hand into his own, "So, Deacon ... I have this 'problem'. You were so good to me last night, would you be helpful enough again to relieve my 'problem' later?" This would definitely get him a slap or two later, but to make that little elf jealous. Oh, it'd be so worth it. Plus, the Elf didn't know what they did last night .. she did help him with a problem, his infection. He's just twisting into a sexual nature.

Placing a small kiss on her hand, the male looked back up to Deacon, "What do you say?" Giving her a small wink, hopefully she'd get it that he was joking around and would love for her to play along but .. it was doubtful. Especially since there were darkspawn about Orzammar.

The male only need time to ... cool off, so to speak. God damn mornings .. and cupping a handful of boobage.

• At first, Deacon was absolutely starstruck. Rage's sexual advances were bewildering, until she realized that he was jesting for his better benefit. With an already frantic Zander perched in the doorway she realized the over-sized warrior was just trying to get under the rogue's virtually scar-less skin. The Amazonian woman hoisted herself into gently into the man's lap, purposely arching her back and tilted her head so her mane will spill over her broad shoulders. Zander drew in his bottom lip, batted his eyelashes and nearly choked.

"I can fix that problem for you right now, if you'd prefer."

Zander's heart leaped within his chest cavity. He felt an immense heat wash over him like an ocean wave, consuming him, launching him into a state of raw merriment. The unalloyed lows of her vulpine voice sent beautiful convolutions of electricity jolting up and down his spine. He'd never heard her speak in such a lascivious manner ... but he was sure as hell wasn't about to ask her to stop. Especially when she cradled Rage's cheek in her palm. "Okay. Well," he croaked, clearing his voice, "We have a problem that is in dire need of solving. And by the way, I still hate you, Rage. You stole my future wife from me."

Feeling that their point had been made, Deacon clambered from the young warrior's lap and collected her armor, slipping it on with relative ease over her curvaceous form. She strapped on her gauntlets with relative ease and, with a boisterous snap, her knee guards were sit into place. "Look alive boys. It's game time."

Rage was absolutely pleased with Deacon's performance. The mage played along perfectly, teasing the poor little Elf to the point where he damn near cried. Watching her get up from his lap, oh, if she was really insisting on helping ... by all means, she could've done more then help him. Standing up from the bed, the male looked to Zander. His statement amused him; hating him, stealing his future wife. Ah, how his plan to make the poor little elf jealous succeeded. Now, it was time to get down to business.

Standing up after the girl said it was game time, the male tilted his head to the left and right. Cracking his neck simultaneously, "Shouldn't be asking me that. I'm always ready, you should know that Deacon." The male spoke, his smirk returning to his face .. another sexual comment. "Should ask Zander if he plans to fight more then one, he hid in between a tree when we fought off that squad not more then a week ago." Rage spoke as he picked up his greatsword, Ageless. Moving past the girl, the male headed to the door of the room. "Ahhh, I love the smell of Darkspawn blood in the morning." Letting out a wicked laugh before charging out of the room.

" ... I can't believe you, Deacon." Zander spoke in a low tone of voice, head sulking in the travesty of Rage and Deacon sleeping together. "He stole you from me ... how!?"

It wasn't before long that Rage had already started stacking up bodies in the streets of Orzammar. It was a weak invasion but enough Darkspawn to scatter the Dwarven guards across Orzammar, those getting stuck in the midst of a pack of Darkspawn were killed after taking out two to three of the pack.

Rage was more then surprised to see Zander fighting .. though, it was along side Deacon so he must have been trying to impress her. Shaking his head lightly, "Come on, slow pokes. They a lot of killing to be had!"

Dwarven and Darkspawn bodies clumped together, the fighting taking a toll on the city itself. It'll be a while before politics got back in order.

Taking in a deep breath, Rage smirked. "I do admit ... this was needed. The surge of energy to go find my sister. I was lacking motivation yesterday, today is a brand new dawning."

• Orzammar's hollow stone corridors were ripped with war. Dwarven and darkspawn corpses alike littered the walkways; weapons left strewn about and blood staining the stunning quartz tile. Futile pleas for aid resounded through the hollow cavern. This feeling was a feeling Deacon often missed, the sensation of war. She felt ... relaxed, suddenly. In fact, it was these battle cries that inspired her to fight and be triumphant. She scaled a nearby building for leverage where she knew she couldn't inflict heavy damage.

From there she watched over her companions, casting an arcane shield over them from time to time to absorb damage and give them time to recuperate from blows. It was then that a hurlock alpha had spotted her. With a low, feral grunt, he summoned forth gargantuan magics and launched a powerful arcane bolt at her. Luckily Deacon was agile and skittered down on another building before the bolt could inflict damage. It shattered the roogtop, singing tar and snapped shingles over the bridge and into the river of magma below their feet.

"Deacon ... a little ... a little help!" Zander cried. Eventually he became overwhelmed with an armada of darkspawn swarming towards him. It seemed they were trying to take advantage of his position. "Deacon!" The woman flexed her powerful leg muscles and clambered down to the lower level, waving her staff in an ever so majestic manner. She summoned a gargantuan blast of arcane magics that hindered the throng of ravenous fiends. Given this incentive, she lunged forward, clutched one of the stalkier darkspawns' skulls and imbued its rotting corpse with energy.

"Zander, get back!" she cried. Of course the elf was daft and didn't respond immediately until Deacon had to come to his aid and shove him back. The moment she fled over to him, she pushed the man to the ground and erected a barrier over them. Within seconds following her heroic feat the darkspawn imploded, infecting its comrades surrounding it and sending them into a painful death. Luckily for Zander, Deacon had planted her breasts right in the elf's face. He closed his eyes and grinned a lecherous grin, only to have Deacon withdrawn. "W-wait ... come back!" he cried.[/list:u][/list:u][/list:u]

Rage was a bit head of his two companions, helping a few straggling dwarven guards. Back of his head said to leave them and help Deacon and Zander but part of the male knew that those two were more then capable of helping themselves. Rage took two steps forward, bringing his sword across the small, fat body of a Genlock Archer. His sword going straight through the torso, its bow falling to the floor as it slumped off its nubby little body.

The Darkspawn attack force was dwindling ... being fought back to the Deep Roads by the entourage of Dwarven guards that piled out of the Diamond Quarter. After they had made sure every politician and all were safely tucked away in their beds.

Rage and his two companions were able to take a breath long before the guards stormed from the Diamond Quarter. It was well needed, Rage damn near took an arrow in the leg. Luckily enough for it, it skimmed through his pant leg, straight through. Though, that same Genlock archer did give him a whack on his thigh with his bow. That was going to welt and bruise quickly.

"Though, you guys know the drill .. " Rage spoke as if he was the leader, "Loot anything valuable before looters get here. Anything I can get to get my money back is good enough ... anything you pick up Zander, is mine." "B-But! You stole my woman! I think fair is fair!" Rage attention to turned to the elf, glaring him down. "So .. what you are saying is Deacon is worth about a hundred sovereign?"

Smirking softly, that'd get him into a bit of trouble with the mage. Love to see how he's gonna explain himsel-

Rummaging through a corpse, a small glimmer caused the male to stop his train of thought. Picking up a blood covered silver chain, the male removed it from the corpse as he stood up. Wiping it on his shirt .. his eyes widened in shock. "Cloud ... " He muttered to himself softly.

"Hey! Rage! Don't hog loot to yourself! Lemme see!"

Rage felt the Elf male grab at his hands trying to see what he was looking at. "Damnit, Zander!" The male spoke ripping his hands from the elf's grimy paws, kicking him away with his foot. Shoving the necklace into his pocket, the male picked up his sword. Strapping it on his back, 'Fuck spoils of war ... I need to find Cloud.' Quickly turning on his heels in the direction to the Deep Roads entrance from Orzammar.

"Hey ... " The elf groaned, "Where is he going ... ?" Zander question, looking to Deacon. "Baby .. don't look at me like that ... baby."

• Amongst the voracious battle cries, Deacon was swarmed with silence. It was this sullenness that put her mind at ease and allowed her to focus. She documented every bead of sweat that formed on her opponent's forehead, every motion they ensued, every piece of sinew that flexed. Though communication was key she realized that all she needed to do was examine her position as well as that of her companion's. If she did so efficiently, she could guard them and watch over them from a ranged position.

It was when Rage began barking orders that she began to show signs of vehemence. Her face was hard and war-torn, displaying her clear distaste towards Rage's gravely behest. While the elf and human bickered, Deacon lay crouched on her knee, using her staff as a prop. She was checking the ground for any sign of traps or miniature bombs that could cause severe injury. When she deemed the walkway safe to travel she collected her belongings and approached her group where Zander had been sputtering nonsense like a buffoon.

She was too overcome by intolerance by that point in time. "We're capable of looting the corpses, Rage. Calm yourself." While it was admirable that he was trying to take control, Deacon wasn't so pleased.

The air around her quickly took a turn for the worst. When the large man went bolting off, Zander followed in pursuit only to question the mage. "He may have uncovered evidence concerning his sister," she replied. Zander pressed his lips in a hard line. "So that means we're getting close. What happens when we find her? If we find her?"

"I was summoned by Rage to be her healer. I am to cure her of any ailment - no matter how it may take - and then be on my way. After the ruckus we've been causing I'm sure the Rivaini templars will undoubtedly find me soon." Zander watched the woman as they followed after Rage which seemed to be in the direction towards the Deep Roads. "So you're not going to stay?" he whined. "Live in the moment, Zander. We needn't plague ourselves with that thought for the time being."

It didn't take long for Rage's two companions to catch up with him ... well, Rage's female companion and the female's pet rogue. The male's only goal for now was to find his sister, given that he didn't even have the sovereigns to pay Deacon for her help when they found his sister .. well, he had to figure that out when that time came around. It wasn't like he could find enough sovereigns in time, if they were lucky, they could get about thirty-six from a squad of thirteen or so Darkspawn. As long as they looted any human corpse on their trek back to the Deep Roads. Which that wasn't likely, nor would they get much - if anything - from any Darkspawn weapon they took. The grimy feeling left on a hilt they touched never went away, no matter how many time you washed it. Rage barely paid attention to the feeling now, but, part of it was still there.

"-'Ye can't be enterin' any time soon." A dwarven guard spoke to Rage and his two companions.

Rage cocked his brow lightly, "I am going in, none of you will stop me."

Hearing a few of the dwarfs grunt in disdain, they would've liked to stop him but since he and his friends wanted to journey into the Deep Roads, who are they to stop them? It is their demise, not any of the guards.

Reaching his hand behind his back, the furthest he could reach, the male unbuttoned the strap against his blade. They needed to be on guard, because there could be Darkspawn around each and every corner .. maybe an Orge or two. It would be a long journey .. most likely, the Darkspawn would be piled up in one of the thaigs. His sister around there, too.

"Hey .. Rage .." Zander whispered softly, both of his hands on his daggers. "What kind of stuff is down here ... I hate dark, damp places and I am a bit ... claustrophobic."

Rage let out a small laugh, bad time to tell him now, "Well, for one .. We aren't turning back but along side the Darkspawn. There are spiders, drakelings ... and a few more that I forget, Deacon may know. Orges, obviously." Letting out a small shrug.
"Ick .. I hate spiders."

Conversation didn't last much longer between the two, Zander wasn't on speaking terms with Rage which didn't bother him whatsoever. Reaching the end of the tunnel that went up from Orzammar to the Deep Roads, Rage hopped down the five foot drop. Moving his hand up to help Deacon down, wasn't because he wanted to make Zander jealous .. she was a girl and their healer. What good would it do that their healer is injured by a drop? Hearing a few foot steps coming up quickly, Rage withdrew his sword.

What happened next was .. really funny. Zander was blindsided by a half naked male, the reaction when he realized he had only cloth covering himself up was priceless.
"Oh, thank the Maker!" The male shouted, "I never thought I'd find anyone down here ... I was .. am .. a slave to the Darkspawn. They brought a little, helpless girl down here and completely forgot about me. I broke for the escape before the-"

"A little girl!?" Rage shouted, grabbing the male by his throat.
"Y-yes .. she w-wasn't looking so ... g-good. They took her into Ortan Thaig!"

Rage tossed the male to the ground, turning left. To Ortan Thaig.

"Hey! What about me!"
Rage only shrugged as his figure slowly started to shrink into the background.

• While making their way to the entrance of the Deep Roads - guarded by king Aeducan's finest royal guards - Deacon was welcomed with an unpleasant waft of sulfur and brimstone. She curled her fingers around her mouth and coughed. At that instant Zander inquired, "Are you alright?" She nodded choppily in reply while Rage dealt with their oppressors then pressed on, much to young Zander's chagrin. Venturing through the first thaigs was relatively simple. They were once grand cities belonging to Orzammar until they were lost in the war. A wave of darkspawn from the Dead Trenches claimed the Fortress of Bownammar for themselves. It hadn't been braved since.

Throughout their venture, Deacon would stop every so often examine the posts which marked pathways to and from the thaig. She seemed genuinely intrigued by the language, but Rage would cut her visit short every so often and bark at her to follow. Needless to say she wasn't pleased with his commands but there was a very precious thing to him that was in dire needs of saving. Zander seemed to grow increasingly antsy as the thaig became rugged and devoid of architecture until it was just a mass of rock, snapped pillars and remnants of what was one a dwarven civilization.

This particular thaig was much cooler but seemed to emit a natural light. It put her at ease to realize that Orzammar it self wasn't too far underneath the surface, and if Deacon wished to break free, all she needed to do was scale some of the rugged stones and sort through the sedimentary where the light had fled from. It was when they traversed deeper and deeper into the trenches that Deacon became more alert. Moments before Zander was assaulted she erected a transparent arcane shield around herself. If she were the first to be attacked she would need to recover immediately to aid her allies.

Much to her dismay, their assailant was not a darkspawn but rather, a dwarf. "Rage," she barked, "You needn't threaten the man! Mind your temper or it will be the end of us." Her voice emitted in a rather chiding sneer. Zander began to notice that the pair were growing increasingly hostile towards each other every checkpoint they proceeded past. More Deacon then anything, but he realized it was because she was trying to keep them alive. Sanity was what they needed here. "There's a path cleared directly behind us. Just follow the darkspawn corpses and you should arrive withing Orzammar within a few hours." The dwarf nodded choppily and veered off, leaving the group to continue their adventure.

As they progressed Deacon visibly seemed uneased. Virtually out of nowhere she clutched Rage by his bicep and jerked him back to her side where yet another arcane shield had been erected. "Do you hear the hissing?" she questioned while simultaneously maintaining her concentration, "It's either the arachnids, darkspawn, hot water vents or shrieks. Three out of the four are hostile. Stay within orb I've erected and try to draw them out. They may be a nuisance if left indisposed of."[/list:u][/list:u][/list:u]

Oh, Deacon, Deacon, Deacon. Why must this take forever? Why is it that you can't let a simple hissing noise let it be by itself? If it wished to attack, whatever it was .. would attack. They would handle it accordingly, right now, Rage's focus was only on his sister. Turning to the female that pulled him to her, knocking his pace off .. evening out with the two companions. "I think we shouldn't worry about it .. especially not wasting your mana trying to lure something out into a trap." Rage was simple minded right now, she should've known better. If what she assumed was correct and it was one of those hostile things, well, they'd be jumped on their way with or without the lure she was using.

Though, it did seem to get louder as the group of three walked the rubbled path. Part of him really didn't think of it as being hostile, why would the hissing get louder and louder as they walked the path? It could get louder if it was something waiting to attack them, yes ... but that would mean it was following them. Wouldn't it have jumped out already and have itself slain in a pathetic attempt to kill them? Rage surely thought so, but, then again, Rage didn't know much about tactics primal animals displayed. Some blindly charged, some waited for help.

"That hissing sound ..." Rage spoke, shaking his head softly. "Does it sound like it is going on .. then off .. then back on?" That would mean it was on a valve, right? Maybe, maybe not. The male may have just been hearing things.

"It does sound like it is right around the corner. Right, Deacon?" Zander spoke in question to Deacon, directing his statement to her rather then Rage.

Turning the corner, Rage took a step back .. eyes widening in shock. 'Cloud!' Removing his sword quickly, the male charged forward.
"Rage!" Zander yelled, trying to get him to stop seeing as they weren't around the corner just yet.

"Cloud!" The male yelled, Darkspawn held her by a steam vent, trying to use it to .. wash her off? Hearing a Hurlock Alpha let out a roar, Rage ran up the slide of a rock. Kicking off to fly through the air at the small pack of Darkspawn surrounding his sister.

Rage chopped, sliced, stabbed blindly .. hatefully .. through the Darkspawn. Wounding some, killing others instantly. "Get away from her!" The male yelled, his strength displayed was nothing he's ever displayed before. The male had killed the small pack around his sister within seconds ... the Hurlock Alpha hadn't even started charging him. Turning to face the Hurlock, bringing his sword up to parry the oncoming swing from the Alpha.

The fight .. was over within a minute. The Hurlock attempted to call for help, a guttural roar only lasted a split second before the head of the beast dropped from its shoulders. Dropping his sword to the ground, Rage falling to his knees in front of the of the smaller .. much smaller .. younger girl. "Cloud .. I'm here ... " The male muttered softly, wrapping his arms around the little girl. In public, she could easily be mistaken for his daughter even though she was older then she appeared. She was a short child, roughly the height of a five year old .. wasn't ever expected to get much taller, either.

The family reunion was quickly shattered by the guttural roars of two Genlock Archers. Their target wasn't clear, but .. Rage stood up to shield his sister. Taking two arrows in the chest; both arrows piercing through his abdomen. His hands clutched as his stomach, blood oozing from the two fresh wounds. Cloud wasn't fazed by it, her eyes had been rolled up in the back of her head as she sat there, rocking back and forth.

Falling backwards, the male held his hands against the arrows .. attempting to pull them from his stomach as his eyes rolled up into his skull.

• The battle was the same of that in Orzammar. Deacon stayed at range while the two others viciously attacked their predators. While Zander seemed to be a yellow-bellied coward, he displayed grand melee prowess. He was strong and skilled at his occupation, much more then he lead them on to be. Their top priority was to retrieve the child and retreat as quickly as possible. Baring any casualty at this point in the game was absolutely not an option and their triumph was vital.

"Deacon! Can't you cast an earthquake or something?" Zander question. "Are you fucked? An earthquake could collapse this whole entire rock structure on all of us. It's too risky and therefore, not an option." Zander huffed and leered awkwardly at the young woman, only to redirect his attention towards the darkspawn he had speared on his dagger. The skewered demon then laid lifeless on the ground amongst of a pile of its kin. It was then that Deacon advanced in front of Zander.

The elf was left starstruck. Generally their formation entitled Rage, himself and her because her armor was relatively lighter and prone to damage. "Deacon ... what're you doing?" he questioned, though stopped mid sentence when her hands began to shimmer a stunning electric blue. The elf noted tiny, intricate patterns of frozen water - snowflakes, no doubt - swirl around the intangible atmosphere her palms had erected. Within mere seconds her palms were glowing bright like the sun - she juttered her hands back and lobbed them forward, sending a mesmerizing wave of frigid ice in the darkspawn's direction.

An entire armada of the fiends were subdued in a simple icy wake. The ice draped over the stone walls and absorbed the darkspawn that were still fighting, sealing their living bodies and as well as their doom. She rubbed her hands on her robes and further advanced with Zander tailing after her. "How did you ... how did you do that!?" he cried. But this was no time to answer. Her eyes inadvertently fled elsewhere when she noticed the arrows jet through the stale air and pierce Rage's raw flesh.

"Oi! Rage! Don't ... don't touch them!" she cried.

Zander fled after them and at Deacon's behest collected the child in his bloodied hands whereas Deacon began tending to her injured comrade. "We need to find an alcove to rest ... they both need medical treatment immediately."

Rage was falling in and out of consciousness, he and his sister were moved to a small alcove in the Ortan Thaig. Zander was in charge of watching out for any Darkspawn, Deacon had stressed the part about if there was Darkspawn on their way .. he needed to flag her down so she could fan out the small light that illuminated the cave. Bad to find a hapless Rogue and a mage who was preoccupied with helping not only the person she was brought along to help but the male who had hired her. Oh, how she had her hands full on this one. Hopefully she could preform under pressure.

Rage every time he regained consciousness, the male would muttered idiotically .. he did that a lot. Roughly losing consciousness a few seconds later. He shifted, too .. not intentionally. Just happened. Being shirt and partly pant less against hard rock wasn't as comfortable as people might think.

A few hours later...

Rage's eyes fluttered open, his body felt numb .. drugs - whatever kind - made everything feel really, really smooth and comforting. Turning his head to the right, his face feeling a bit flush. "H-... Hey .. Deacon .." The male mumbled to her lightly. All thought process at this very moment was non-existent. This was purely drug talk.

"Come .. come closer .."
"You are ... really sexy ..."
"Why don't you .. do me a .. favor .. ?"
"I feel a bit .. stiff .. mind helpin-"

And with that, the male's eyes rolled into the back of his head. Ah, how the awkward moments just never ceased to end with the male. What a funny thought that will be when he woke up. Pretty much asking the girl to help him out with a certain stiffness that he had. Good times, good times.

• Zander, at first, questioned Deacon's medical prowess. While she was sorting through her medicinal herbs - a tiny bundle of elfroot and heavy, heavy narcotics she purchases in Orlais - he began to wonder if these methods were safe let alone healthy. The woman was in absolutely no mood to be giving any medical advice to a hapless rogue so she more or less shooed him off and ordered that he watch for darkspawn. The party was at their most vulnerable at this point in time and she stressed the importance of this job. If it meant impressing the gorgeous woman Zander gladly obliged, though his dainty knees were knocking all the way.

Her first priority was to aid the child. She examined her thoroughly but prudently, documenting her bruises and tiny scrapes. Rage had no idea how lucky she was to escape virtually unscathed. While Zander guarded the opening to the tiny cavern, Deacon erected a fire and boiled water she found sitting in a tiny wade pool upon one of the stones that formed the wall. She neatly placed her salmon skin rucksack to the child's side and cleared the ground of debris and stones. Zander offered up his tunic while Deacon sacrificed her cardigan to keep the child warm while she was resting.

Every so often Deacon would allow Zander to return for a brief rest. The two gnawed on stale bull jerky and dried plums just enough to fill a fraction of their stomachs. "Leave the rest for Rage and the girl." After Zander finished his meal he marched out to the maw of the grotto and proceeded his watch. Deacon devoted a massive portion of her time tending to the ill child, cleaning sullied clods of dirt from her hair and face much like a mother would her daughter. After hours of putting her medicinal healing skill to work she let the girl rest and visited her other patient, Rage, who had suffered projectile injuries.

His were much more simple to heal. She broke the tails off of the arrowheads and yanked them from his flesh while he was sedated. While this wasn't a safe manner she was confident in her arcane healing abilities and easily managed to renew his ailing flesh but only to an extent. To insure proper recover she took some of her last bandages and bound his bare chest as tight as possible while also reapplying her antibiotic ointment to his other wound which she found was healing quite nicely. While Deacon was no doctor, she prided herself in her gifts, certainly if it meant material compensation. But money was the last thing on her mind right now.

While the two rested Deacon decided to do the same thing. She sat upright against a flat rock and tilted her head down, cradling her staff close to her bosom in case Zander needed her assistance. However, she was awoken by something that wasn't Zander's voice but rather, Rages. As he beckoned for him she darted over to his side, worried that he was ailing when in fact he was undergoing the tribulations of her narcotics. She knelt aside him with a blank expression. If he had been sober she may have just taken his jaw and dislodged it there but ... the man deserved a break. As if she'd ever touch him in such a manner! But, only the Maker knew what would happen in the future.

As he succombed to the fuzzy clutches of the painkillers once more she crouched in the large man's lap and examined his wounds further. They were healing nicely now. Of course he'd be pretty upset waking up topless and freezing, but she would move him over to the fire when he was able to move. She placed her hand on his thigh for leverage and traced her fingers over the bandages, silently cursing under her breath, "I wish you would stop squirming so much."[/list:u][/list:u][/list:u]

After his small little perverted talk with Deacon, the male had stayed asleep for the remaining time. Whatever she drugged him with .. it was something really strong. Never once had the male reacted to the herbs that the village used on him, maybe those drugs weren't as strong as the ones the girl had used. The constant shifting happened because of his comfortableness. Sleeping on rocks were his specialty, having been heavily drugged help but didn't alleviate the problem completely.

Hours later...

Rage shifted slightly, a small groan leaving his lips as he felt the sudden wave of pain sweep over his body. The drugs wore off .. he could feel it in his abdomen. Squinting his eyes tightly, the male pushed himself up slowly. "Oh .. oh .. oh .." Rage groaned on the way up, his entire stomach was in pain. Opening his eyes, the male blinked. It was rather dark wherever they had moved him to .. he could see a few shapes against the rocks but nothing major. Taking in a deep breath, Rage exhaled quietly. The fire he laid next to had long died out.

"Man ... my stomach .. " The male mumbled, running his hand over the bandage .. though, he continued south because of a small hunch. A agitated sigh escaping his lips, whatever the damn girl gave him .. well, gave him a raging hard-on. "Maybe that is another pressure I'm feeling .. the blood in the other head .. " The male muttered to himself lightly.

Minutes had past, the male had contemplated waking Deacon up to see if she'd help .. but he knew her answer. It'd be a no or possibly ripping it off 'cause it was of none of her concern. So, the male spent a minute or so walking around .. which helped barely any.

"By the Maker ... " The male mumbled as he walked back into the small alcove that hid his sister and two companions. Staggering over to the girl, the male's hand resting on his stomach. Kneeling down in front of the sleeping mage, the male nudged her knee with his index and middle finger on his right hand.

"Deacon .. we have a problem .." The male spoke softly, watching her stir slightly from her sleep.

"Whatever you gave me ... was it also a possible drug that invoked urges ... ?" The male asked, beating around the bush about him having a erection.

"Because .. I have a massive hard-on, and need help."

• The woman's slumber was long awaited. Earlier, after she had experienced Rage's rather explicit mouth, both she and Zander worked together to seal off the entrance of the cave so they could all sleep soundly through the night. She huddled around the fire as the cave was mildly frigid and she had stripped off most of her clothing to keep the child warm. Her hair laid strewn across the sullied ground like rivers of blackness, melding in with the obscurity the alcove was accustomed to.

But, of course, something had to go wrong. She called a calloused a hand upon her thigh but groaned and turned away from the disturbance only to hear Rage's frantic voice. She slowly sat up and wiped her bangs from her face, watching man with heavy, fatigue ridden eyes. "What?" she questioned with a fair amount of irritance in her sweet, honey tone. She eyed him up and down but couldn't quite pick out his features in the darkness.

"Oh ... that. It's just a side effect. Go ... go to sleep. It'll be gone in the morning. And you don't need my help ... it's called masturbation, is it not? I'm sure you can handle yourself."

And with that she curled back up in a ball and closed her eyes hopefully for the last time that night.[/list:u][/list:u][/list:u]

A side-effect? And he was to masturbate to help himself? Oh, no, no, no. This was a side-effect from HER drug, not his drug. She was going to help, forcefully or not. "Yes, you see .. there is a small problem with that." The male spoke, his hand moving to her side to roll her back over onto her back. "The drugs I took weren't mine .. if it was my choice, I would've let myself die before I gave myself a drug to wake up with a hard-on that hurt worse then the actual injury I sustained."

"So ..." Rage spoke calmly.

"You are going to do one of a few things." Pausing lightly, "Either help me masturbate, let me use any part of you .. or I get a rock, let you fall asleep then hit you once real hard, and use you anyways. Then you won't have to worry about denying Zander, I'll just let him go at it."

"Now, you are beautiful .. and helped me out when you didn't need to, and on top of that .. helped me get my sister and you healed her. So, given that your drugs did this. You can choose a relatively easy way to help me, or I take advantage of you."

"The choice is yours."

• "You're one ungrateful fuck, you know that?" Her voice came out in the form of a belligerent sneer. "It can't be that bad. Suck it up and stop being such a pansy. Next time you're being brutally attacked by darkspawn, remind me to leave your sorry ass in the Deep Roads." For those who knew Deacon they knew she was extremely violent when disturbed from her sleep of is she proceeded to a point where she was running on little to none of it.

Aside from that it baffled her as to why she had to help him alleviate his erection. She believed it would have been more comfortable if it was in his hands rather then her own. "What the fuck is that? A threat? Are you threatening me?" Under normal circumstances she wouldn't be so easily roused but being so damn tired ... she couldn't help it.

"My choice is to continue resting so I can wake up in a few hours and keep your sister from suffering. Touch me one more time and I'll make sure you never have to experience the burden of an erection ever again."

Gritting his teeth. The male placed his hand on her hip, digging his fingers into her flesh. "Maybe I didn't explain myself well enough, mage." Rage spoke, his temper showing a bit more. "Normally, if it was a erection I had on my own .. not from a herbal substance .. it wouldn't feel like it was going to fucking explode." Pulling the mage closer to him by the use of his hand digging into her hip. "Now, I will make this perfectly clear. One." He spoke with a light pause, "This is not a normal erection, this is a erection induced by your drugs. Thus, I feel you should either show some skin to help me out with this problem or be the hands, mouth, or the vagina to help me ease this pain." The male spoke in a low growl, insuring none of the other's woke up with their bickering. "Two, but most important, if you ensure that I never have a erection again. I will ensure you never see the light of day, again. I will gladly give Zander your dead body so he can corpse fuck you until you are rotted. He will believe me 'cause I will gouge out his fucking eyes."

Removing his hand from her hip, "Now, before you haste-fully say something .. sarcastic or even threatening in your reply. I will assure you that it won't cause you lose no more then five to ten minutes of sleep. Given what you decide to do. If you decide to simply show some skin, you can fall right asleep and I will cover you right back up. Simple as that." The male didn't find it as a big deal .. it was her drugs that cause his discomfort. Was only right if she helped relieve him.

"Are you ready to agree to help me .. or are we going to throw idle threats around still? Which in the end will cause you more time to lose sleep, because, I have the rest of the ... whatever time of day it was ... to sit here and spew threats."

• While Deacon did not take well to threats, she realized this was slightly her own fault. He definitely wouldn't have chosen the sedative if it would have had such uncomfortable side-affects. Though she didn't entirely agree with her helping him relieve his sexual discrepancies, there wasn't much she could do. For the sake of the child sleeping nearby a fight would be out of the question, not to mention the fact that Zander would wake up, come gallivanting over and see Rage half naked a top his "woman" so to speak.

She was well aware of the urgency in his voice, that same urgency that made her feel slight remorse. Her eyes began to glimmer that of a shimmering flaxen shade while his hands bore into her flesh. Any other time she would have shown the warrior - physically - how she didn't put up with threats or idle insults but this was not the time nor place. "Fine," she admitted, running her hand through her dark mane. His weight alone was virtually crushing her ... and his flesh was cold and clammy.

"I'll warn you now, though. If ever you decide to address me as such again there will be hell to pay, understood?"

Her balmy, soft fingers found the man's abdomen first, tracing over the mass of tightly woven muscle then venturing southward towards his trousers. Her fingertips slipped idly in through the hemline and were greeted with an unfamiliar heat, one that she hadn't felt in a long, long time. "I can't believe you're making me do this," she grunted. Much to her chagrin it didn't take her long to find his 'problem': long, painfully hard and scalding hot. Each of her skilled digits coiled around his manhood within a painstaking instant while the free hand braced his lower abdomen. "I hate you. Just thought I'd let you know."[/list:u][/list:u][/list:u]

Rage felt the girl's soft touch grip around his erect member, had been a while since he felt a woman's touch against him. Sure, he lived in bum-fuck nowhere but .. those old people had daughters .. and or nieces. It wasn't hard to sneak away from an old person and have a small rump-fest. Rage smirked at her comment, "It is okay, Deacon." The male spoke, pausing for a moment as her fingers glided up and down. "You only say that out-loud, in your head .. you are imagining other things." The male's smirk only widened, she would most likely bark at him with disgust. Though, who was to know. After everything, the male knew it wouldn't be down to her hating him.

And as he said, it didn't wouldn't take that long ... wasn't like she had to use her hand til it got cramped up. Just took a bit to .. rub it out. The release was one of the better .. feelings he's had lately. Given that he's fought, fought, got sliced .. shot twice with arrows. The pent up sexual tension caused by the girl's herbs, was one of his better feelings. Second place to finding his sister .. the small ache of her being dead wiped away when he wrapped his arms around her.

A giant sigh of relief followed after the male had used some of the cloth he had found .. most likely some of Zander's shirt .. to wipe up his fluid when he was close. Smirking softly after putting himself away, the male crawled over to the girl after she had laid back down. Leaning forward, "Thank you, sexy." The male whispered, his grin was ear to ear before quickly skittered away before she could retaliate against him. "Sleep well, Deacon .. and really, thank you."

• That very instant Rage decided to make retaliate and add an unnecessary comment, Deacon reached back and swatted the stale air with skull-crushing intent. Luckily Rage treated before hand or that promise of a dislodged jaw would have been utterly inevitable. Even with the utterance of a genuine "thank you", the irate mage unfurled her middle digit and waved it crudely in the warrior's direction. The gesture, if anything, was subconsciously playful.

The following morning Deacon was rudely awakened with violent hunger pangs. Her stomach churned, searching frantically for some form of sustenance to digest but found completely nothing. She clutched her abdomen in a fit of discomfort, eventually pulling her sore torso to an upright sitting position. The cave was obscure save for a very tiny sliver of light that crept in through the rocks. It was day, undoubtedly, and Orzammar was probably recovering from the attack that day prior.

Weakened by hunger and driven by discomfort, Deacon woke Zander from his slumber to help her move the rocks barricading the front of the alcove. He wasn't so anxious to help at first but with promises of an actual bed the following evening, he was up and going in no time. "Do we even have the supplies to make it back?" he question silently as not to disturb the others, "Or the energy? It's a long trip from here back. I'm not sure if the darkspawn have respawned yet but it's not going to be a walk in the daisy field."

Deacon ran her hands through her coal lion's mane, wiping tiny dirty clods from her sullied visage. Her skin, which once had a natural bronze shimmer was covered in dirt from the cold hard ground she slept on the night prior. She placed her hands on her lower back and careened her spine backward, stretching every possible element of her tortured back muscles. "We don't have a choice. Sit here and rot with a dying child or brave the abyss. You can stay here but I have a home I plan on returning to some day." [/list:u][/list:u][/list:u]

Rage shifted lightly in his sleep, the small conversation between the elf and mage had stirred him from his sleep rather quickly. Pushing himself up, a yawn escaping his lips. Looking around the small alcove, just to reassure himself that it all wasn't a dream brought on by whatever that he had found his sister.

Turning his head to look at the little girl, still covered up by the clothing from the two companions that accompanied him. Running his hands down his chest, pressing against his wounds to make himself wince. "Yep ... still happened." He muttered to himself lightly before further south, yay. No erection. Grinning lightly, turning his attention to the girl to shot her a quick wink. A small laugh following before he pushed himself up, walking .. limping, rather, to his little sister. Picking up his tunic, the male slipped it on quickly, the blood soaked front made him laugh lightly. "Well, looks like I need a whole new tunic." Strapping the sides tightly, before dropping to a knew quickly. "Oh kay .. " The male muttered to himself, loosening up the strap on his right side. "I can't have it that tight."

Kneeling down, the male gently placed his hand down against his sister's arm. "Cloud .. " The male spoke lightly, attempting to wake her from the sedatives. "Wake up just for a moment." He continued, easily ready to snap at either of his companions if they told him that he shouldn't wake her. The male had only planned to carry her, despite being injured himself, so they could wear their clothing just in case of a Darkspawn attack.

"N-no ... I-I d-don't ... " The girl mumbled softly, her eyes closed as she let out a small cough.
"I know you don't." Rage replied back, pushing the clothing from on top of her. His hands seemingly wrapping around the small frame of the girl with little trouble. Pulling her up, the male guided her head to rest against the nape of his neck as he held her close. "You are safe now ... "

The walk back didn't seem as long as it was to go to Ortan Thaig. The little girl barely shifted in Rage's arm, her small arms wrapped around his neck as her cheek rested against his shoulder.

"Rage .. from here, it looks like you have a child." Zander spoke, "You sure that she isn't your daughter? Then I can have my woman back!" The elf shouted, a laugh following quickly .. which died rather quickly. "What? What did I say?" The elf asked as he looked between both of them.

"ARRRAWGHARARRRRR!"

Rage stopped dead in his tracks. No, god no .. not a fucking Ogre. Not now, not here. "Fuck! Ogre!" Rage shouted turning to Zander, "Take her! Run over there, hide!" The male spoke in a demanding tone, which the Elf would gladly accept. Watching him quickly turn on his heels to run behind the rock. Turning to Deacon, the male let out a small sigh. "So, since I'm still injured .. just think about me asking you to do what you did last night. More motivation so you can kill this bastard as I dance around his toes, keeping him distracted."

It was a good enough plan .. Rage would be barely able to lift his sword, ah .. the times he wished he had a dagger or something quick.

Turning his attention to the Ogre that stampeded down toward them, rolling out of the way. The Ogre stumbling forward, eventually to fall on its face.

"Hey! Ugly! You missed! Ah ha ha ha!" Rage taunted, turning on his heels to run forward. Hoping the Ogre would follow him while the Mage rocked its world.

---

* = my best Ogre roaring idea. Can't remember what they sound like at the moment. XD

• Much like Rage, Deacon wasn't at her hundred percent either. Her body was littered in gashes, cuts, knicks and bruises. Muscles in places like her arms and legs were tight and tumid, refusing to loosen and allow her joints full movement. These were things scalding hot bathing water in an actual human-sized tub could cure. That tiny unit at the make-shift inn in Orzammar hardly counted as a sink in her opinion.

Before the behemoth made its presence apparent Deacon picked up on signals that would suggest its presence. The somewhat ensconced footprints in the soot, a foul, potent stench permeating about the immediate area and most of all, grunts. They were virtually inaudible at first but as the party traversed further and further in the direction of Orzammar her fear began coming to fruition. Alas, the orge revealed itself in all of its vile, malicious glory. Deacon took her staff tight in her hands and buried her feet deep into the ground below her soles. Orges. They were not a force to be reckoned with and particularly viscous when it came to attacks. She had encountered one of the brutes before and barely escaped with her life. This time, she promised, would be different. At times like this she quite missed having a blade nearby to imbue with arcane magics and execute powerful melee attacks but ... this was no time for wishful thinking.

While Rage began making 'distractions', Deacon used her staff to execute basic attacks. They barely scathed the behemoth's skin. She cursed darkly and sheathed her staff, raised her hands above her head and flexed her hands as best she could. Her fingertips glowed a bright, ardent shade of goldenrod. The flaxen hue filled the entire cavern with natural light, blinding those who weren't prepared for the ways. While she conjured the mass of electric energy, she closed her eyes tight, drawing in her bottom lip and trying subdue the sudden agony she felt in her arms. Thunder and fire were two elements she wasn't formally trained and both were particularly dangerous. If not wielded nor conjured correctly they could cause immense bodily harm. Deacon was particularly engrossed in entropy and creation and even dabbled in spirit, but the primal school was vague to her.

Her fingertips began exibiting a gruesome shade of black, being singed by the wild thunder. She grimaced, and until she could conjure no more, release it.

The bold traveled in the orge's direction and devoured its body whole, singeing its flesh and boring through bone. While this did immense damage and hindered the monster it did not subdue it. Deacon was left dumbfounded, crestfallen and above all, low on mana. She would have to wait until some regenerated and to make matters significantly worse, her electrically charged thunderbolt made the orge blue mad.

Back
Top Bottom