Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

s-CRY-ed: Group Interest Check

Midnight

Supernova
Welcome to the Lost Ground.

Story-22 years ago, a strange environmental phenominon now called "the great uprising" occured in the Kanazawa prefecture caused the land to split and protrude upwards reaching unprecedented heights, creating the secluded area known as The Lost Ground. For those years, things have changed, the culture and ways of those of the Lost Ground have changed, and around 1% of the Lost Ground's population began showing strange powers. These "Alter users" are people who are able to reconstruct matter with only the power of their minds, giving each strange and unique powers. The Lost Ground's major populated area, The Metropolis is policed by HOLD, a police force, and HOLY, a special branch devoted to taking down native alters who are causing trouble and either recruit them or send them away to the mainland. The wealth gap is huge, with the wealthy in the city and the poor in the ghettos, HOLD and HOLY are often seen by the people of the Ghettos as oppressors, and act accordingly. A Civil war is growing, a resistance force of native alter users called INNER has grown to oppose HOLY, and things can grow nasty.

Alters-(I am lazy, so I will copy and paste the Wiki's description of Alters, I have modified it and added a bit...) A power that organisms can achieve and use to manipulate molecular reality in some way. The ability to use Alter power can be present from birth or attained after one has seen "the other side". The form Alter power takes differs between different organisms and can be upgraded through training and experience in several levels. Most Alters can come in the form of an independent body such as Ryuhou's Zetsuei, an element such as water or blizzard, harmonious armor such as Kazuma's right arm, an intangible power such as telepathy, or a weapon such as Tachibana's Eternity Eight. However, matter must be processed in order to use the energy or resources to crystallize or create the Alter. Often, Alter users will take small chunks out of the surrounding environment to use as matter to form their Alter (Other matter can be used, dead bodies, cars, even other Alters if the user is powerful enough).

The Alter user can control what matter will be used to attain the Alter. There are several ways that Alters can advance and grow stronger, notably through Refinement and being exposed to The Light.

-Setting-The Lost Ground's human population is split into two sections, The Metropolis and The Getto. The Metropolis is a bustling, futuristic city located on one of the borders of The Lost Ground. The city is surrounded by a huge wall, with a skyline dominated by the HOLD and HOLY headquarters. The other areas outside the wall are all ghettos, places where gang violence is rampant, and Survival of the Fittest is often the only law. Native Alter users often control factions, the biggest group of Natives being INNER, the resistance force of the Lost Ground.

In a way, s-CRY-ed can be seen as Japan's take on the X-men, players will likely be playing Alter users. The Story we will play out depends on the interest level and what the players decide we should be aiming for. There are two paths or times in the series we can follow. The first is to set the RP in the Civil War, players playing as either HOLY or INNER members. The second idea takes place after the series... after all the events of the Anime, hints are dropped of an invasion from the Mainland... One thing we could do is feature this war with the Mainland, with Mainland Alters on one side and the Lost Ground Alters.

If you have never watched S-CRY-ED and are interested, I have a link to a site where (Hopefully) all the episodes may be viewed. I don't quite know if ZOMG anime is good for it though. A summary and character list can also be found on the Wikipedia.

Here is the link to watch: any other sites with less megavideo would be loved. I have tested the first episode. It works, though if there is anything wrong... tell me.

Scryed
Of course the synopsis has spoilers... BEWARE

Rules
1. This Rp will have expectations for literacy... I have not quite determined HOW literate I will want it, but the minimum may be around one or two paragraphs... I will not place a maximum.
2. NO godmodding will be allowed in this rp, Autohitting and other things are also not permitted. Alters are powerful, but one thing you may notice about the series is that they take a toll on the user.
3. Sex - If it occurs will be in a PM or separate Thread.

This thread exists to collect those who would have interest in this group, and to tell me if I should evben bother creating a thread for it, ect. If only a Select few show interest, this can be made into a small group with a more in-depth plot, a group of HOLY alter users who realize that they are not helping people and flee the organization, becoming INNERs, or perhaps a group of INNER soldiers trying to survive in the harsh ghetto. Any help with the plot would be very much appreciated. If enough interest is shown I will create an OOC thread... If Not, I will just move on to something else.

Whew... I haven't planned for a group roleplay of my own in the longest of time. I apologize for any rustiness I may have.
Story-22 years ago, a strange environmental phenominon now called "the great uprising" occured in the Kanazawa prefecture caused the land to split and protrude upwards reaching unprecedented heights, creating the secluded area known as The Lost Ground. For those years, things have changed, the culture and ways of those of the Lost Ground have changed, and around 1% of the Lost Ground's population began showing strange powers. These "Alter users" are people who are able to reconstruct matter with only the power of their minds, giving each strange and unique powers. The Lost Ground's major populated area, The Metropolis is policed by HOLD, a police force, and HOLY, a special branch devoted to taking down native alters who are causing trouble and either recruit them or send them away to the mainland. The wealth gap is huge, with the wealthy in the city and the poor in the ghettos, or worse the ruined cities inside the Lost ground, rife with gangs, and no support from the mainland. Inners, as the people who live in the gettoes are known, are persecuted by city dwellers, often treated as if they were less than human... HOLD and HOLY are often seen by the people of the Ghettos as oppressors, and act accordingly. A Civil war is growing, a resistance force of native alter users called INNER has grown to oppose HOLY, and things can grow nasty.

Lately, HOLY had begun a crackdown on Native Alters, culminating from a prison break that released many Alter users into the Lost Ground, security in the Metropolis has increased, and rumors of an organized resistance, forming to oppose HOLY have increased to the point where HOLY executives are becoming paranoid. In this story we will follow the INNER Native Alters as they resist HOLYâ??s influence and try to fight for their lives from a secret base near the Alter Forest, far from the HOLY headquarters. HOLD's treatment of Inners is brutal, almost bordering on Genocide, it is time for the Inner Rebellion to rise up and bring justice to the land.

• Rules-

-I am this threadâ??s GM, do not contest my rule or I wonâ??t allow you to roleplay in my thread. Donâ??t argue with me over my own rules if you break them... If you do break my rules I will give you up to three warnings to knock it off, then the banhammer comes down.

-This rp has a medium level of literacy expected. At a minimum, I want to see two to three paragraphs of text. I would LIKE to see more. Four or five paragraphs per person would make me a happy personâ?¦ Be warned, drop below two paragraphs too often and I will ask you to stop posting, oneline and I will boot your ass out onto the street. I also donâ??t tolerate chatspeak. I am assuming we all went to at least high school, so there is no excuse for being unable to write a couple small paragraphs.

-Donâ??t godmode, Alters have side effects that match their power, this means if your alter has infinite, godlike power, I will use my GM powers to smite your character with my full wrath. A good way to avoid this is to include weaknesses or limits like Kazumaâ??s three bullets, I like balanced and creative characters, even if they are a tad powerful. If you think your character may be a bit over the top, pm me, I promise I won't rip your head off. Do not Autohit or puppet other peopleâ??s characters, This is bad.

-Cybering is not allowed in my thread. All too often do I see good rps go down solely because a couple people get together and begin fucking like rabbits. Take sex somewhere else (pms, or other threads) and continue roleplaying here as it never happened. Seriously. Romance is tolerable and accepted; though donâ??t focus too much on it. I want to play out a story, not have people fapping to my thread.

Here is the link to watch: This website works fine, though it runs off of Megavideo, so you can only watch three episodes in a row every hour.

Alters- A power that organisms can achieve and use to manipulate molecular matter in some way. The ability to use Alter power can be present from birth or attained after one has seen "the other side". The form Alter power takes differs between different organisms and can be upgraded through training, experience and other, faster means such as refinement and natural growth from more exposure to the â??other sideâ??. Alter users take matter from their surrounding environment, and crystallize it into their unique alter forms. They need to take matter from their environment in order to form their Alter, no matter, no Alter.

Alter Info: Here is some info to help you all build your alters. I have basically come up with these guidelines by watching the show and figuring out how things work within the universe. There are potentially three levels to every alter and five different 'types' of alter powers.

Alter Levels determine the power, and difficulty of the Alterâ??s use. Every Alter user is at a default able to use a level one form, Level one forms are not as difficult to conjure, and can be easily maintained for extended periods of time. As alters grow more powerful, their side effects however increase. The alterâ??s power is directed inwards to a degree, and begins to scar and fatigue the user, they cannot be used infinitely. The detrimental side effects increase exponentially when an alter hits level three the effects also become permanent. Both Ryohou and Kazuma are hurt by their power, and Straight Cougar is unable to walk properly thanks to Radicalgoodspeedâ??s side effects.

Level 1: (L1) Basic alter form, minimal wear on the user, decent power depending on the alter, can be used near infinitely depending on user.
Level 2: (L2) Upgraded Alter, More powerful than L1, but has greater wear on alter, so can only be used for a limited time before strain becomes too great and not as often. Alter scars begin to appear with extended use, mental fatigue is heavy after extended use (Basically they are more powerful than l1s, but cannot be â??spammedâ?? without consequences.)
Level 3: (L3) Ultimate Alter form, Greatest power, but unbelievable strain and damage to the user. Only the strongest willed users can use a L3 alter without dying from the strain after the fight. (Restricted for now for the sake of character development, but may be unlocked later as a reward for loyalty to the rp... plan for your level 3 but donâ??t post it, perhaps send it to me early so I may approve it.)

• Alter Types: Alters come basically in five types, the type only really determines the physical form and manner of use of the Alter. If it canâ??t be described with one of these terms, relate it to me. Every one of these exists in the Canon, and several characters use each. Note Alters can shift from one type to the other when evolving, and almost always end up as Harmonized or Scryed alters in their ultimate form. Some Alters have two parts or types, like Zigmarl (Jigmar)â??s alter, which is at default a L3, and both harmonized and construct.

Construct- A Construct alter forms totally separate entity from the user. The entity is separate and capable of it's own movement though most are controlled via the user's thought, some are able to control themselves, known as Independent Alters. Almost all Alters shown in Scryed are Construct alters, including Ryohou's Zetsuei.
    Weapon - A weapon type Alter is separate from the user, though it has no will of it's own and are completely under their user's control. Tachibana's eternity eight and the Big Magnum are weapon alters.
    Alloy- An alloy type alter partially fuses with the Alter user upon summoning, giving the user superhuman abilities during the summoning. Kazuma's L1 and L2 forms and Cougar's L2 form are Alloy types (His L1 form is a construct, his l3 form is harmonized).
    Harmonized- A Harmonized Alter completely fuses with the user, forming a suit of armor or something related, both protecting the user and granting them great power. Harmonized Alters are almost always Level 3 alters, so they are incredibly uncommon (In other words... restricted for the time being. )
    Internalized- These Alters have no real shape, but instead give their user some sort of power, the power is varied, control over an element, telepathy, whatever. Kanami's unnamed alter power and Ayasi's Noble Tempest are intangable alters.
    Other- Alters that donâ??t quite fit into the other categories, Urisaneâ??s power is the only â??otherâ?? I can think of.

Character profile.
Please delete everything in ((parenthesis)) When you submit your profile. Simply post your profile in the profile thread I will create so they are out of the way Here, I am not in the mood to make more threads. XP. If I have a problem with your character, I will contact you in pm and ask you to correct any issues I have with the profie. (violations of canon mostly) If you wish to avoid this, or want suggestions for alters, send me a pm and I can help you create one... I am really into SCRYED and as you can see, so I can help. :3

Ah, Addendum, if you do not wish to play an Alter User, just remove the -Alter- section of the profile and fill out the first part

Code:
[u]-Alter User-[/u]
[b]Name:[/b] (Last, first)
[b]Age:[/b] (16-22 years old please If an alter user))
[b]Appearance:[/b] (Please link pics, description, or both work. )
[b]Sexuality:[/b]
[b]Personality:[/b] (just list six words that describes them in a nutshell)
[b]Bio: [/b]

[u]-Alter-[/u]
[b]Alter name:[/b] (Be creative, names can be wierd, Ex. "Radicalgoodspeed and Mad Sprickt")
[b]Alter type:[/b] (Include Alter Type and Alter level... Ex. "Alloy-Type Alter, L2"
[b]Alter Nature:[/b] (A description- Describe your Alter's powers as best as you can, that way other players know what it can do.)
[b]Alter Appearance:[/b] (Describe or use pics... Alters tend to be unique to their user, think of something unique, they can resemble lots of things. From a human in form to a giant octopus. o.o)

[u]-Player-[/u]
[b]Player name:[/b]

I would be. I've seen the entire series so I know how it goes. it's pure awesome in a can.

Two...

I never allow sex to be roleplayed out in my threads, it kills rps that are normally focused on action and plot. People have to take it (Smut, other mushy stuff) elsewhere, leave the thread for the story.

Exactly, I meant the relaxation of making any character instead of "What would be attractive." Now I could make a faceless slag and still be pleased!

Yes, that is most certainly true.
I don't worry much about character appearances... Scryed is an anime after all .*shrug*

As said, the reason I do that is to keep fucking couples from spamming mah threads. I don't appreciate that.

Do what you want. The more original characters they are, the more I will appreciate them. Alters are all about originality and uniqueness... I have to admit the Idea I have isn't absolutely original, but at least it hasn't been done.

Oooh, I loved S-Cry-Ed!

I watched it a few years back, and even did a fanfic with my best friend. I am totally in.

Yay! More interest!
Alright, if a couple more people want to join, that is gravy.
I will start work on a thread for this.

In the meantime it stays open, any ideas would be loved.
Especially story related ideas.

I just rewatched three episodes of it.

Would it be alright if we have a group against HOLY that were alter users?

The link I provided is clean.

And yeah, we will likely be inners. Or at least I think so.
HOLY has too few members, just around 20.

o_O
And by clean I mean it works.

Silly middie posted his thing before he was done.

I am working on the OOC thread. If anybody else is interested, feel free to post here, let me know.

IF this is still open for people I am interested.... Loved the anime, have the limited boxed set even

Re: SCRYED - OOC + Characters.

People can begin posting now in this thread, I only need three posts for my information and stuff. Profiles and info will be added later.

Quick question, Is the current setup too complicated? I personally like the different levels and types of the powers, but if that is too much to read or understand, I can simplify it. I don't want to turn anyone off, though I do want things organized versus chaotic. I could possibly remove types and just let you have at it too.

I need an answer or opinions, sooner I get them, sooner I can get a character skelly done.
Also, I want to know if I was too strict with my rules.

I need feedback for now, so I can fix things and make for a more positive rping experience.

(Wasn't this post up there? Copied, I still want feedback, though for now I am posting the profile.)

Re: SCRYED - OOC + Characters.

-Just realized Arashi's profile isn't done-
Silly meh.

That is fine.
Unique power - I like it.

Back
Top Bottom