Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Fantasy game interest check

What system should we use?

• DnD 4E (most familiar)

Votes: 5 50.0%
  • GURPS (somewhat familiar)

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Pathfinder (Newest for me)

Votes: 4 40.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Would anyone be interested in a classic dungeon delve with a sexual twist? Monstergirls, inter party "relations" maybe even some sexual puzzles? I'd be very interested in attempting to run a game using either DnD 4E, Pathfinder or the GURPS systems, if I can get at least 4 willing people, at least 2 guys and 2 girls preferably, I'll write us up a fun little adventure!

Gurps seems the most ill fitted so I'm not anticipating running a gurps game, I've never played pathfinder but am somewhat familiar with the rules of both it and 3.5, 4 is where im most comfortable as its the only DnD I've ran before.

Setting is still up in the air as is the "sex to combat" ratio, so here are a few questions I'd like answered if your interested:

First vote on the poll!

1.What sort of character would you want to play? at least tell me the race and class for your preferred system.

2.What world would you want to see it take place in? again for your preferred world (Im partial to planescape thought I haven't seen much for 4E for it alas)

3.How would you want the sexual aspect of it dealt with? would you want to be able to lose to a monster but rather then dying they rape you? or would you want combat and sex separate, meaning sex would only be between PC's or a PC and an NPC, bar wenches, that princess you rescued, the druid leading you through the woods etc.

4.What if any other tools should we use, there are plenty of dice rolling systems online and there are even some things that let you play the entire game, as well as character sheet storing and the like, should we use any of that or play purely on the honour rules?

I think I'd have the characters start at level 1, it's the only way I've ever started and I think it'll give us more to work with in the long term if we choose to continue it.

Some ideas for settings could be:

Planescape - a group of newbie adventurers lost in sigil?
Forgotten realms - captured by Dark elves!

I will update it as I get more ideas, hopefully I've piqued some peoples interest!

PsionicCuttlefish has suggested the possibility of dropping the rules all together, making it basicly a free form rp in the forgotten realms world, classes and races would still exist though it would all be done through roleplay rather then rolls and such, does this appeal to anyone? I would still require a basic character sheet with class and race, name personality equipment and the like and the thread would be moved to the group roleplay section.

1. I'd probably play a wizard or bard. Likely an elf, half-elf, or halfling. I'd prefer pathfinder, as it's my favorite system. Never played GURPS. 4e just feels slow to me for online play.

2. World doesn't matter for me. I've not played in established macrosettings like Planescape or FR before....

3. Losing to a monster I think should result in humpings if it'd be appropriate for the creature. Death should pop up as a possibility sometimes though.

4. I'm used the the honor system, but we could use RPOL as a playing ground, which has a built-in dice roller and would come with its own forum-ish space. It's easy enough to use. Sheets can be put in the character biography on that site, or hosted on Mythweavers.

...Hmm. I...-might- be interested in something like this. I can't really commit either way just yet, because I would need more information first... I think I'm okay with either of the three systems, I only have very cursory experience with them, and no books for any, so I hope that won't be a problem. As for my answers to questions...

1. I'm not sure what character I'd like to play. I usually like to know what setting I'm playing in before I make a character to fit in. I'm pretty flexible though, I suppose.

2. The only published worlds I have experience with is 'standard generic' 3.5 'greyhawk' D&D, and Eberron (I have limited familiarity with Forgotten Realms). I'm otherwise cool with, say, any original setting you come up with.

3. Hmm...I say the more options, the better. Say, if we loose to a monster, we're the ones who get screwed (where appropriate, like the above user says--not every encounter has to end this way), but if -we- win, then we get to screw the monster how we want (again, where appropriate, some things are just not for screwing). And yes, also allow optional encounters between PCs (players willing, of course) and with NPCs. We would also have to make sure to be clear on each other's limits, for example, I'm a male player who will play a male character, and I don't want to screw or be screwed by other identifiably male characters, I just don't swing that way.

4. Tools...this would depend on the medium. Would we actually play via forum here? I've never tried playing a tabletop game on a forum before, but that seems the best option, I don't think I want to roleplay this outside of BlueMoon and I don't have the time to settle down into a regularly weekly game in realtime.

Almost the entirety of Pathfinder and D&D 3.5 is available from their respective SRD webpages.

Just look up Pathfinder SRD or d20 SRD. I find the Pathfinder SRD easier to read and navigate. The Pathfinder one also has almost all of its supplement books like Advanced Player's Guide and even the Bestiaries. The d20 SRD has mostly core book info.

I could be interested in this for sure.

1. My preferance for game would be 4th ed. I've never played a GURP's game, and I know that Pathfinder is really close to 3.5 of D&D but 4th is the game that I have the most experience with, and the game I have the books for lol. In terms of 4th ed I would probably play a Ranger, Warden, or a Seeker class, and in terms of Race I was thinking either Tiefling, or Shifter.

2. I don't really know that much about any of the official settings for D&D, but I'm open to any setting that people are up for.

3. Much like the others I think that should depend upon the monster and the situation, though I will say as a player I tend to fall on the good guy side, but certain situations could present themselves in either combat or NPC interactions.

4. I am personally much more comfortable playing on the forums with the honor system. I just think playing on the forum would be a lot easier for my kind of strange schedule.

Im going to make a executive descision and choose 4e, its what I feel comfortable enough to run RIGHT now instead of having to read up more, plot will be more character and story focused then sex, but obviously there will be scenes like that as appropriate, so I'll make tougher fights more appropriate, such as a necromancer summoning weak demons instead of skeletons or zombies, more a cosmetic change then anything else.

for starting we could do the first adventure released for 4e, keep on the shadowfell, or I have a few others, I would write my own but that takes substantial time, I'll work my own stuff in later on depending on how long it goes for of course.

Alright, I can work with 4e, I think. I'm familiar with the very basic idea of the system (having 'powers' that can be used at certain times), but other than that, I have no books or info, so you'll have to tell me what my options are and what I can do, and I'll work with that.

Also, looks like we have four people...though it looks like three guys and one girl. Hmm. Perhaps we could wait a bit longer for someone to show up, but it no one does...maybe anyone who knows any other females around this site who are known to be familiar with a tabletop game could invite them?

I can play a female pc is needed as long as everyone is comfortable with that, otherwise we can see if we can drum up some more interest.

Well, since you'll already be playing every female NPC and monster to be fucked, I suppose you playing an additional female PC isn't too crazy an extension. :p But yeah, let's wait and see if we get any more bites...

alright it will be a forgotten realms setting, as such I will allow some of the more unusual races, just check with me first.

Preferably we need one of each role, controller defender striker and leader, but im willing to work things around what you guys WANT to play, so feel free to make your characters, level 1 with all the standard stuff, I am also allowing 1 magic item of 1st level too.

If we don't have another person interested in the next few days I will make a character to try and fill any hole we might have :p

The start will be the "Barrow of the Ogre King" and Loudwater, a nearby town, so you guys know the area roughly where this will take place.

Speaking with Kadavro I have decided to allow "disadvantages and advantages" such as you might see in gurps, essentially you can take a penalty or negative to one thing for a posotive in another, or an entirely new thing!

for example

Your a warrior, as a young trainee you got a little over zealous and attempted a move that wound up with you breaking a leg badly, you have a slight limp every since (-1 speed, -1 reflex defence) but during your weeks bed ridden you read alot of books, reading about great leaders and warlords. (gain a warlord at will power)

everyone you take HAS to have an ingame reason for it like the above, I reserve the right to veto any of these, thats the deal ok?

Noticed and subscribed to the character thread. To keep this thread for interest-checking and recruiting, you should also probably create an OOC thread for communication and synching, also probably to use that thread to get me the rules of the game. Again, I don't have any 4e books and I've only seen it once or twice, not played it (unless you count a single day's game of GammaWorld...). So, I need someone to be able to somehow transmit to me all the information and options of what I can be.

I'm also not familiar with this Forgotten Realms story, but I suppose that's a lesser issue.

Sorry for double-post, but just to put my opinion to the new suggestion up;

I didn't actually suggest the idea of going to a system-less roleplay, it was someone else on the BMR chat, but it's an interesting idea. So, for the record, I'm actually cool with either option, staying with rules or without, though I suppose I'm leaning more towards rules-less because that would be easier than learning a new system on the fly.

so, I am interested in this either way, so you've got at least one extra person. right now I'm not going to make a character or answer the questions due to the poll and such. if we change to an open, then I'm going to have a few different ideas and such. and then I can bring in more answers.

I'd most likely play a female elven ranger. Duel wield, archery and a love of nature. But I don't know if I'm willing to do a system RP. I know nothing of them and it sounds like it would be a pain to learn. I cant even understand your poll.

So looks like everyone is either ok with, or even prefers a rules VERY lite system, essentially you wont see a single dice roll, but I'll keep a list of skills and stuff that each character has (feel free to come up with this on your own using the 4E system, otherwise I'll do it myself based on the character and there class) as well as some attacks and stuff, but all of it will be done behind the scenes, sound good?

At this point we have a Drow Fighter confirmed, beyond that I have another interested in a defender type class, and potentially two rangers, as well as a wizard or bard I believe.

Ouch. Um...I jst got smacked with some IRL crap. I regret to say I no longer have the time to join this RP at this time. :( If I can return at a later date after the game's started, I'd like to hop in then if there's still room (but don't hold any space open for me). Apologies, and thanks anyway!

alright so I will make another character to play and complete the group, please post your profiles here: http://bluemoonroleplaying.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=33120 once i have them all I will start it up!

Oh, so did I miss the train? I've had the most experience with being a bard, but if needs be, I can do most roles, that is, if you'll have me.

Would you accept Monster Girl characters? That's sort of my specialty ^_^

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom