Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Return to Hyrule(RP for me and karthanian)

Arella18

Star
Epona reared back on her rear hooves with a loud whinny. Ali gripped her reigns tightly to stay on as she drew her sword.

“Easy girl…they’re just monsters” She said to her “We’ve fought them before”.

The monsters moved in to attack just as Epona brought her front hooves down on their heads.

“Ouch…good girl” She said staring at the dead monsters “I’m gonna buy you a ton of carrots”.

Kicking off gently she pulled Epona into a gallop towards Hyrule’s castle town. This would be her first time seeing the city she had always heard stories about. It would be amazing, but she was not there to sight see, she had a mission to do. As the castle town loomed nearer, she slowed Epona to a trot and pulled the green cap off her head. Her long blonde hair fanned out around her as she wiped the sweat from her brow.

“I can’t wait until I meet Zelda” She said softly “I’ll bet she’s a nice person”.

Her bright blue eyes widened in wonder as she and Epona rode into the town. It appeared there was going to be a celebration and the town was amazing decorated.

Sword met shield as the male let out a grunt of exertion. Gasping heavily, it wasn't long before his attacker took yet another swing, again, easily deflected from the plate of metal he held on his left arm. With the next swing, the male was focusing heavily now, listening to the sound the metal made as it swung through the air, the beads of sweat falling down his forehead, the intense look of his attacker. With the sword just touching the shield, he pushed forward, sending his opponent off-balance as his right foot swept forward, tripping the attacker as his own sword was lowered to the man's throat.

"Yield?" The male spoke, his voice deep and commanding. Without too much warning, a round of applause erupted around them, a beautiful woman getting up of the throne set higher above the rest of the crowd. Walking forward, the two fighting men dropped to their knees as well as the crowd. Reaching the loser, the woman placed her hand upon his shoulder.
"You fought valiantly, and your defeat was honourable..." Her voice twinkled to all those who could hear.
"Thank you Queen Zelda," the man replied, careful to keep his eyes on the ground.
"And you Flint, you have fought with your usual passion," the Queen continued, turning to the other male. "You may rise."
"Thank you mother," Flint replied with his deep voice, getting back to his feet as he removed his helmet, letting all those around them see the resemblance to the Queen.

Removing his gauntlets as well, he passed them to a servant who bowed and rushed off to clean and polish them. Running a hand through his blonde hair, it wasn't particularly long only just reaching his ears, but he had developed a habit of running a hand through it when he was thinking.
"Mother, all these tournaments are fine... But I wish there was something more practical I could do to help the kingdom. What else was all my training for?"
With a sigh, the Queen turned to face her son, their blue eyes meeting as she looked deep in them.
"Son... You may wish things were exciting but I am glad for this peace and quiet." With a sigh, Zelda turned to continue walking back through the doors into the mighty castle, he son continuing to walk alongside her. "Plus I couldn't bear to lose you Flint..."
Turning his own head to look at his mother, Flint could see that far-away look in her eyes that she often had when she was thinking of the past.

Without worrying too much, Flint chose to ignore it. He had seen her like this before and now he had more important duties to continue with his mother in the throne room, mainly seeing to the needs of the people before him, which his mother now wanted to include him in as he was getting close to the age of ruling the kingdom himself. With a sigh, Flint took his seat by his mother's side, wishing that just for once, something interesting would happen in Hyrule.

She climbed off Epona and walked her toward the castle. Stopping just short of the guards she released the reigns and patted Epona's nose.

"Find a nice patch of grass and wait for my whistle" She said as Epona galloped off.

She walked forward on her own and stopped in front of the guards.

"I have business with the Queen" She said "Please allow me to pass".

The guards looked at each other but they let her pass. With the peace that had been reigning they'd gotten complacent. Ali walked past them into the castle courtyard and smiled. It was well kept and lovely but the guards weren't exactly being diligent.

"Wow...peace really doesn't sit well for guards" She said with a low chuckle "They enjoy it too much".

She stepped to the door and it opened for her and she stepped inside. A nearby guard came over and asked what she was doing.

"I have some business with the queen" She said "Might I be able to have an audience with her".

The guard nodded and led her to the throne room where she stepped inside returning the cap to her head. Her resemblance to the great hero Link was uncanny especially when she was wearing the green tunic that had been altered for her.

"Your highness" She said stepping toward the throne and kneeling down "I have traveled far for an audience with you"

Watching the strange figure walk up to the throne, Flint smiled. It wasn't everyday you saw someone wearing such a ridiculous outfit. Zelda on the other hand looked as if she was seeing a ghost.

It took Flint a few seconds to realise that it looked like his mother was in shock. "Excuse me can we help?" Flint asked softly. But before either Flint or this newcomer could make a single noise. Zelda was up upon her feet, slowly walking towards to figure.

"Link... Link is that you?" Her face was in a mixture of surprise and pleasure.

Flint himself had looked a little confused. Link? He had heard about the name before, something his Mother used to talk to him when he was smaller. The story of 'The Hero of Time' who saved the princess and the whole of Hyrule. But that wouldn't be possible, he would be a lot older surely?

"No" she said simply a touch of sadness in her voice "I'm his daughter Ali".

She raised her head and looked at Zelda wishing that she didn't look like her father. Then again if she didn't it would make her mission more difficult.

"I am sorry if that disappoints you" She added "But highness the reason I came was to offer my services as a warrior".

She unsheathed her sword and laid it flat in her hands.

"I am willing to swear fealty to you Zelda, queen of Hyrule" She said "So that I can as my father before me and protect the kingdom to the best of my abilities".

With a sad smile, Zelda returned to her throne, glancing at the figure before her.

"There is a very uncanny resemblance between the two of you..." Zelda exclaimed, smiling still. "Rise, I accept your noble cause, though you will find Hyrule to be a rather more peaceful place these days."

With those few words, Flint felt as if a hammer had been smashed against his heart. Standing up, he glared at the girl before him before turning to his mother.
"How dare you give away my role as protector of the kingdom, Mother! I am the one who has been trained from birth to protect and rule and with just a quick smile and presentation of a sword you take it away from me?" His voice was angry, never before had he felt such betrayal, such rage from anyone.

"Flint, don't be such a spoilt child. If this girl is anything like her father than she is more than adequate to protect Hyrule. You should be honoured for her service to us..." Turning back to the girl, she continued talking to Ali. "How is your father doing?" She enquired politely.

Without saying another word, Flint walked down to the doors, not even begging leave from his mother or even acknowledging the girl still standing there as he stormed off to his own chambers.

She didn't flinch at the prince's harsh words it was a silent understanding of why Zelda wouldn't want him to fight.

"I had no thoughts of stealing your right to guard the kingdom" She said softly as he passed.

Then Zelda's question caught her attention and she turned her gaze to her.

"My father is dead" She said softly at least she thought he was.

She hadn't actually found his body but there had been enough to make her believe he was dead.

"I am sorry to have to deliver such grave news" She said softly "His death...wasn't painful".

Even though Flint had heard the words spoken by Ali he had chosen to ignore them. "Stupid girl..." he murmured to himself as he walked up the stairs to his chambers. "Thinks she's better than me... Protect the kingdom... She probably can't even protect a blade of grass..."
Smiling to himself at putting down someone he didn't even know when they hadn't even heard any of it, Flint collapsed into the chair by his desk, pulling of a set of throwing knives someone had given him for his last birthday.

Pulling a knife out of the holster, he balanced it on a finger. Each knife was made from the highest quality metal, perfectly balanced for throwing and sharpened to a razor edge. Within the space of a second a dull thudding noise could be heard as the knife buried itself into the door to his chamber. Without too much thought he drew out the others, casually flicking each to form his family crest upon the door. Getting up, he pulled each knife out before sitting down and starting the process again.

Meanwhile in the throne room, Zelda was still talking to her guest.
"Dead?" She murmured gently to herself, with-holding her tears as she refused to cry in public. "Well we have lost a great hero then."
Turning to an attendant standing next to her, she whispered something quietly in his ear as he started to scribble something down on the paper he was holding before rushing off.
"You will have to stay in the castle's guest room until we can find proper accommodation suitable for your role." Zelda smiled warmly to the girl. "You will be shown to your quarters as well as having any of your possessions taken up to your room by my staff."

With that, Zelda waved a hand before another attendant came to show Ali to the guest quarters which incidentally was just down the hall from the now moody prince.

"I will be honored to stay in the castle" She said softly "If I could request a favor...my horse Epona...if its not any trouble...do you have a stable open for her to rest in".

It was a simple request and she didn't want Epona running out in the world all night. The monster's could easilly overwhelm her at nightfall.

"If it is too much trouble...I could find a place for her in town" She added not sure if she could afford to pay for a stable.

She waited for Zelda's answer and once it was given she followed her guide.

"I wonder why the prince is eager to defend the kingdom" She thought to herself "If he is to rule running into the heat of battle could mean the end of Hyrule".

The Queen smiled at her question. "Yes, of course we will stable your horse for you." The Queen smiled. It was a small simple request and one easily answered and solved. "There is also no problem Ali. Help should be taken when offered." She smiled at her own advice.

Meanwhile Flint was still throwing knives in the door. It was the only thing that helped calm him down in times like these. When stressed, it did him wonders to just take his anger out on something. Although he was a prince he knew he had something destined for him, something great and cooping him up in a room wasn't going to solve any of that.

"Thank you" She said softly "By your leave I must learn the way to my room".

With a bow she walked to her room deep in thought about everything. Her father would want her to guard the woman he'd always loved. He adored her mother...at least he said he did...but Zelda had been a different kind of love. Once inside she closed the door and sat down on a bed.

"Father" She said softly touching the hilt of her sword "I wonder if you're proud of the choices I've made".

With a light sigh she stood up and stretched she had to get Epona. She walked out of her room humming the tune that the whistle played.

Nodding, Zelda watched the young girl leave, her thoughts quickly turned to Link. He had been her greatest friend and her first love. it was sad to hear of his death, but good to know that he had lived his life and even had a daughter.

Picking the knives from the door, Flint could hear humming in the corridor. Opening the door he was already complaining as the wooden frame began to move. "By the goddess' who is making that racke..." He stopped mid-word surprised to see the girl from earlier.
"Oh... It's you." He smirked. "Guess mother gave you the guest room being the 'protector' and all..." Sighing, he began rolling a knife between his fingers, showing off a little. "Well don't want to get in your way, we might suddenly have a crisis and need 'protecting'..."

"Tis better to be thought a fool than to open your mouth and prove it" She commented wryly "You should not hold delusions that I am some arrogant warrior out to just take glory...I am carrying on my father's legacy...when the kingdom needs my services I will do it quietly and in secret".

She did not like the prince's attitude he was smug and sure of himself. It was dangerous combination for a warrior to have.

"You would never understand that thought...you only care for showing off" She added "Your arrogance will be your downfall".

With that statement she turned her back on him and began to walk down the hallway. Her body appeared relaxed but in truth it was ready for anything he might do in retaliation.

Flint did not like being talked back too. It was not something he was used too, nor was it something he would put up with. Glancing at the throwing knife in his hand he was tempted to just throw it at her, but killing this guest would not please his mother at all. Well he did know a spot on the left shoulder that would harm but not kill... No, mother would not approve of that either.

"How are you better than me?" He enquired to her leaving form. "What can you do that I can't?"

"I am calm...and I am prepared" She said over his shoulder "I am not better...I am just calmer and less eager to show off...its called thinking before you act".

She walked outside of the castle gate and took out Epona's whistle. Taking a deep breath she blew into it the tune that she loved playing. In moments she heard the familiar whinny of Epona and she galloped into view heading right for Ali.

"That's a good" She said as Epona stopped before her "I've got a nice play where we can stay".

She stroked her nose and gripped the reigns and walked her into the castle. Epona shifted nervously against the rains almost trying to lead her away. She noticed this and it worried her, Epona was never wrong when it came to her instincts and she sighed softly.

"I guess peace is over with" She said leading Epona to the stables "Epona...we can't leave...the kingdom needs us".

Sighing, Flint walked over to his bed to collapse on it. Was he arrogant? A show-off? Angry? Was that even a bad thing?

Thinking over to his mothers rule he realised he wasn't anything like her really. Ali had more in common with her than Flint did and deep down that kind of scared him. Maybe he wasn't prepared to rule, maybe he wasn't fit as a protector.

Frowning, he sat up abruptly, knowing what he should do. The first servant he crossed he stopped. "You! I mean excuse me... Can you tell me where the girl in the guest room has gone...?"

It didn't take Flint long to walk to the stables, seeing the girl standing there paying attention to a horse. Walking over, flint got onto one knee before her.
"I'm sorry for my behaviour... Please teach me to behave better to become a better ruler one day..."

She was brushing Epona when she heard his approach and turned to face him. When he knelt down she was surprised in shock.

"It is not something that can be taught" She said softly kneeling in front of him "It is something you must learn on your own...".

She grasped his arm and began to pull him up on his feet.

"You have taken one step by apologizing for your behavior...a good ruler can admit when they have wronged another" She told him "Another is by asking for my help...the effort to better yourself is something you should always strive for...it will help keep you humble and calm".

Epona neighed loudly catching her attention as she reared up onto her back legs.

"What's wrong girl" She said going to her and gripping the reigns "What do you feel".

Being helped up, Flint felt confused. He was on his way already? Bettered himself. Well if he was on the path forward he only had to keep going right?

"She's a beautiful horse..." Flint told her, moving to offer an apple he picked up from the store left for such an occasion. "What's her name?" The whole, questioning the horse seemed strange to him, but he had seen stranger, like people talking to dogs or the like.

"Her names Epona" She said softly trying to calm her "Something isn't right...she sense that something is wrong".

She was pushed back when Epona's hoof almost hit her. A feeling in the pit of her stomach started and she knew that this wasn't just a normal feeling.

"If you want to learn to be calmer" She said softly "Take Epona and go...somethings wrong and I don't want her getting hurt...".

She ran to the entrance of the stables and turned back a moment.

"Epona...get out of the city...I'll whistle if nothing's wrong" She told the horse.

As if she could hear understand she calmed down and nudged Flint as she ran from the stable.

"Take the horse and run?" Flint murmured. This was not in his style at all. If something was wrong he should be there to help. But Ali had said he was getting better...

With a sigh, Flint rubbed the horse softly. "Epona huh... Guess it's you and me..." Without asking he followed the horse, which was slowly drawing him out the city.

As he walked past the houses in town he saw people falling to their knees before him, waving a little he smiled to all he passed. But at the city boundaries he found he was totally unprepared. How could he head into the plains with only a sword and his throwing knives?

"Your Highness" She shouted going to the throne room.

She was unprepared for what she saw there instead of the princess was a face she recognized all too well.

"Y-you" She froze "But how".

A dark hollow laugh emanated from him as he stared at her in one hand he held a large sword in the other he had a hold of the queen's wrist.

"I thought I'd sensed your presence little Ali" He said with a smirk "It seems you're father's death didn't cripple you any".

Anger surged through her body as she drew her sword. It was hard to keep her emotions in check as she looked upon him.

"Let Queen Zelda go" She demanded "You've no right to shatter this kingdom's peace".

His face hardened and he flung Zelda aside as he gripped his weapon. A dark barrier surrounded the Queen trapping her.

"If you want her free...then face me" He said "Let's see if you've improved since I bested both you and that pathetic fool called Link".

Zelda was more dazed than anything else. She could feel the use of magic upon her, making her tired and docile. Even her magic felt out of reach as she felt herself be flung across the room, the world around her turning black. Am I unconscious? She asked herself, but the fact she could even think the question meant her thoughts weren't true. Deep down, all the Queen wanted to do was scream for help, but her mouth wasn't working properly.

Flint sighed, patting the horse again.
"So it's just you and me girl... I really do wonder what is going on, why would Ali want me to leave so quickly?"
Looking back, Flint couldn't help but feel some sense of foregoing doom occurring the city walls.
"I'm sure a quick little look wouldn't hurt?" Flint told the horse, feeling stupid for even talking to an animal. Turning the horse round, he walked back, practically pulling the horse along.
"Come on, we need at least to check my mother is safe... I can't be told to leave without checking on her as well."

The clash of their swords rang throughout the throne room. The blade her father gave her was smaller compared to his but it was just as strong.

"You're not going to beat me" She said as their blades slid across each other "My father will be avenged".

She leapt back as he slashed for her throat and returned it with a jab.

"You have improved but its not enough to beat me" He chuckled "You're not going to die peacefully like your father though".

He deflected the tip of her blade with his own. A hard cleaving blow came down as she brought her shield up blocking it.

"I'll die before you can capture me" She said angrily "This kingdom is under my protection...as it was my father's you'll never take it without a fight".

Her sword darted out with a slash for his stomach but he leapt back and merely laughed.

As Flint reached the castle gates he instantly knew something was wrong. The guards were no where to be seen. Even with all the peace it was still standard for there to be guards. Looking up at the sun, Flint judged the time to be no where near the changing of the guard either. "Something is definetely not right..." He muttered to himself.

Running through the open gates Flint couldn't help but notice the carnage around. Dead guards were everywhere, littered across the ground. "Oh goddess'..." Flint exclaimed. Leaving the horse Flint ran to the castle itself, leaving the horse behind from fear for his mother.

When Flint reached the doors he could hear clashing steel inside. Whatever had attacked the castle was still here, fighting one of the guards most likely. With a sprint he reached the throne room to the sight of Ali fighting some strange man and his mother trapped behind some dark barrier. "Mother!!!" Flint shouted as he started to run towards her.

"FLINT NO" She shouted seeing him as she blocked another attack.

Flint would be shoved back by the barrier holding his mother before laying a hand on it.

"The prince" He chuckled softly "I thought I was going to have to look for you too".

He turned and moved toward Flint with a dark smirk.

"No you don't Lorn" She growled angrily darting between them "You won't hurt either of them...".

With a dark laugh his sword came down again with more force than before. As Ali moved to block the strike a different sound rang out, as her blade shattered.

"No" She gasped as she was thrown backward form the force of the blow "Father's sword".

Lorn merely laughed as she hit the ground eyes transfixed on the broken blade. It had been the last gift she'd gotten from her father and now it was gone.

Back
Top Bottom