Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Watchmen: The Times Are Changing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chantho

Planetoid
(OOC and Recruit thread found here: http://www.bluemoonroleplaying.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=12704&p=400026#p400026

Rorschach's Journal: July 4, 1967 - It's late. Eleven o'clock, but fireworks in East River Still going strong. Can hear the people cheering, fascinated by bright colorful lights. For a few brief hours the virus infecting this city is placated. Will be running rampant soon enough. They never unite for long.
Even from here the smell of smoke reaches across from the garish bursts in the sky. Pathetic.

Waited since seven outside Giordano's apartment when he arrived home. Still no activity. Possibility of sneaking out unlikely. Beginning to doubt mob involvement, but he's up to something His neighbors are loud, unruly. Their laughter and obscenities drowned out by The Buckinghams blaring on the radio...

"Hrm." Rorschach lowered his pen. There was nothing to write about. No clues on the Jacobi case. No leads on the mob. Only distant eruptions and music. A waste of time. He stood, scuffing the toe of his worn boot against the concrete roof he'd been crouched on. For the most part it had been a pretty quiet evening, being a national holiday and all. The people of New York City had gathered close in various locations to watch the fireworks displays and whatever other activities they had ready at hand.

Gloved fingers twitched in irritation. Obviously this location was a dead end, but he was hesitant to leave. He'd been tracking Vanni Giordano for a week now, following clues that he might have been behind some of the gang robberies downtown, but nothing had turned up. It would have been easier to go if he knew that his partner would follow up. It had been Daniel, in fact, who requested Rorschach keep his violence to a minimum while following this suspect. He'd thought they might find out more by being stealthy, but Daniel was soft. Rorschach knew it would have been so much easier to beat the man until he gave up what he needed, but out of respect for his partner he restrained instinct. However, if things continued on like this, Rorschach fully intended to disregard Nite Owl and proceed full force.

It was around that time when he spied some movement in the shadowy corners of the alley. Two young men from the looks of it. Drug dealers no doubt. His suspicions were confirmed when one of them spoke.

"Man, you don't get shit till you pay for what I gave you last month."

"Please you've gotta help me out here. I don't have anything on me. My account's already overdrawn on child support-"

"You think I give a fuck about your family issues? Please. You better find some cash quick because I ain't waiting another three weeks."

The sound of a gun being cocked, a sharp intake of breath. Rorschach jumped.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom