Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Hogwarts Revised: Hogwarts Secondary - NPC Requests

darkangel76

.:The Vampiric Fae:.
Supporter
So, as this game rolls along, it's quite possible that it might get more and more complex. Whether it does or doesn't is up to those of us participating. As such, this leaves room for the introduction for NPCs (non-player characters, ie characters not specifically controlled/played by us participating in the game... not directly anyway, meaning they won't have elaborate profiles and all that jazz).

Naturally, more than likely there will be GM-created NPCs just to throw a wrench into the mix... to keep things interesting, create a twist, make us think, keep us all on our toes or to create some tension. And still others to keep the daily game flow going, such as other professors, towns people or possibly resident ghosts of the castle. But there can be gamer-created NPCs as well. Believe it or not, most of us have already created some without even realizing it. When? How? You might be asking yourselves.... Well, when you created parents and siblings for your characters. These NPCs may or may not show up in the game, but they affect your character and their actions. And, everyone may or may not request creating more should the need arise for any potential sub-plot that you might think of to add to the game (with GM-approval of course).

Given that, if you have any NPCs that you think could be added into the mix, please bring them up here and they can be discussed accordingly. Keep the following in mind when it comes to an NPC:

1) Though their actions and the like may directly affect others, NPCs are NOT main characters and should NOT be treated as such.

2) NPC appearances should be short and sweet, their impact dealt quickly so that people can move on quickly.

3) If you create the NPC, you control that NPC unless you give someone else permission to do so.

4) All NPCs must be approved by the GMs and added to the 'List of Characters' thread.

5) Only IF necessary, GMs may control any NPC for the sake of game flow (but these instances are rare and should ONLY be when the NPC creator is unavailable for a long length of time).

6) If you make a separate post for your created and GM-approved NPC, be sure to use a header for them (images not required, full profiles not required) -- These are more likely for more prominent and recurring NPCs. Other NPCs might just make a small guest appearance with a quick bit of dialog in a post or two (in these situations, please note the use of your NPC in your header list).

This is very good, and I agree with all of this totally. I couldn't have written this better myself, and I do hope that this is all totally and thoroughly clear. It should be with the way that Darkangel posted it here.

Back
Top Bottom