Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

[Story In Construction]

Writer's Note: This is going to be a story that is updated whenever I feel the inspiration. It will be based loosely off a dream I had a while back. I'm not a professional writer by any means, so any criticism or grammar advice will be appreciated. Please send any advice or comments via a PM. Thank you.

I always believed there was a greater purpose for me. Though I never voiced such concerns, as I knew I would be assaulted with being naive and whimsical. But it was a feeling I couldn't shake, that battered me day and night as a I lived a life of conformity. But it would so come to pass that I wasn't wrong. Something would happen, something that was meant for me. I'm not saying that I was the only one who could do it, by all means there were probably better candidates. I even doubted myself when I was thrust into this. Perhaps this would inspire other people, to bring about the hope of self-confidence and ability to do whatever it takes.

It doesn't matter. It's not like I'll be going home anytime soon to tell people what I've done. I guess I'm writing this to keep some line between me and my normal life intact. Maybe I miss it. But to know what could happen if I didn't, well, that's a risk I wasn't willing to take.

It was a normal day, as normal for any individual in my town. The morning sun peaked over the horizon, with hundreds of people following in wake to the day. Some getting ready for work, others waking their children for school, and even more merely sticking to keep their Circadian rhythm intact. I would not be one of these. I was still lumbering in my bed, as I had only gotten off work an hour or two ago. The curse of working midnight, and being one of the only people who could do it. It's funny really, for if I didn't wake up to grab my phone, I'd probably still be in my boring normal routine.

My cell phone rang, springing that familiar dredging sound into my ears. Immediately, my body would shake awake. I had grown accustom to ignoring the sound of my foreign neighbors who lived a floor below me, filling the silent night with shouts of disagreements in language that for the life of me, couldn't pin point.

It was my old childhood friend, Sean. While I had spent my years after high school working a dead end job, he had been at college. We kept in touch, with emails and online gaming. But today he was in town, and wanted to throw a party with his old friends.

I should of declined, with only just getting off work, but he was a good friend, and I hadn't seen him in months. "Yeah, come over in an hour." I had replied, placing my phone back to the nightstand. I had to begin my rise, with avoiding dirty clothes and various objects of the floor to my bathroom. After getting ready, I had made my way to the kitchen, forming that of a breakfast for champions. A few pieces of toast, a red bull for energy, and a morning cigarette. I just gotta say here, I miss cigarettes.

He had arrived after some time, greeting each other with our casual nerdy handshakes. We had spent the next hour or so watching a bit of TV, with him discussing college life. I didn't have much to say, with my life being practically the same since high school.

(Will be Updated Eventually)

Back
Top Bottom