Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Fox Theatre of Detroit

Ms_Muffintops

Supernova
Today I went to the Fox Theatre in Detroit and I gotta say... it was beautiful. The ceiling, breathtaking. No seriously, I gasped when I snuck up into the mezzanine and looked up. I love art and part of that is a deep appreciation for architecture.

DSC04004.jpg

DSC04028.jpg

DSC04058.jpg

I know this is probably nothing compared to some architecture in Europe, but its proof that America does have some beautiful architecture :) In fact, some french photographers came to America years ago hoping to show case American architecture, but they were so fascinated in Detroit... they chose to just showcase Detroit and called it The Ruins of Detroit.

And then we hunted down these...

DSC04072.jpg

Coney Islands originated in Michigan and these two originated from the second Coney Island to open up. Two brothers ran a coney shop but could not agree on how to make the coneys, so they split the place into two... and they are Lafayette Coney Island, and American Coney Island. There is forever a debate on who's dogs are better. We went to Lafayette because that was my moms favorite when she was younger and it was significantly smaller haha. And that is where I burned the fuck out of the roof of my mouth on a coney.

Oh and if you've seen the Chrysler Detroit commercial with Eminem, the theatre is in it. It's where the commercial ends.

[video=youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SKL254Y_jtc[/video]

Back
Top Bottom