Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Private messages?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Loveme

Supernova
I don't know if it's just me or my computer. But I've sent out several private messages and I haven't received any back. I was just wondering if there was something wrong with the pm system or what?

(yes I know they could just not be replying, but I sent a few to people I talk to regularly)

This is a glitch that has happened here and there with no pattern to it. It's a known glitch and the reasons as to why are also fairly known, but not easily dealt with at present. However, there still is the possibility that your PMs went through. If you do have IM info of the person you tried to PM, I'd try that route and inquire first. Or, send me a PM with more details.

Also, an after thought. Check to see if the message shows up in your Sent folder or in Tracking.

I can't get in tracking, because tracking won't ever open, I'll try my sent messages though.

I'm having the same problem, people aren't getting the pms I'm sending, it's been happening a lot lately. In the tracking it says they've been opened, but they swear they never got them.

Hmmm this could actually be why I haven't gotten a few pms back about things as well, occasionally I get this glitch as well with people I send pms to often but never thought it was actually talked about, hopefully our trusted staff will have it fixed when they can ^^, until then I suppose we make do.

MyBB's PM system isn't properly normalized (Specifically, it's not 2NF). I added a much-needed index, but that doesn't solve the massive efficiency and reliability issues created by the normalization problem.

The planned 'fix' is to bring Blue Moon to the new CMS when/as I finish it. Fixing something that isn't even in 2NF is a bit more than just a hack-job fix, it's fundamentally broken by design.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom